Default Pet advancment in epic levels

So, I read that Epic levels will not advance the levels of the atrificer or druid dogs. This is quite an oversight since supposedly, these are supposed to be big factors in these two classes. Since Epic levels are these big, new, shiney grand things, how about we have the epic levels advance said pets. (ie. +1 at Epic Lv 1, +1 again at epic lv2...), and even if that druid or artificer is multiclassed. (Like say a 2rog/18arti/3epic would have a lv 21 dog.)
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Epic levels should be adding to your Artificer or Druid level to determine the strength of your beloved minion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Epic levels should be adding to your Artificer or Druid level to determine the strength of your beloved minion.
    Excellent! Now, will, for example, the Artificer pets be getting more enhancements, including a second 'capstone' ability, within their epic level range?
    Or will we just be seeing additional base stat increases?

It'd be fun to be able to get access to some really unique abilities for pets to correspond to the wide range of possibilities within our own epic advancement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

This evening I got some free XP at the fatespinner from Cordovan on my Arti Donderbroek, I gained to the max of 5 epic levels above the standard 20 that I allready had.
    Being happy about that and checking the new stats I noticed problems with the arti dog.

Did a relog and then found out that I can't summon the dog.
    Someone allready said it might be because of the fact that I took the epic levels, but it worries me a bit if this will happen on the live server as well or if this is just a temporary bug just on the test server.

Greetings JW-NL

Community Member

At least gear-wise, I don't think that's working. On my lvl 22 pure Druid, the wolf can't equip a level 22 collar or leather armor, but level 20 or lower works just fine.

Some non-armor way to add fortification would be nice, too. (Either enhancements or 5%/level.) Wiki says Augment Summoning adds 50%, which I wasn't seeing on the pet sheet, either. Guess I'll need to do more testing this evening.

Community Member

is this also true for abilities that includes class lvl in DC like assassinate, quivering palm, stunning fist, censore demon? and extra smite evil dmg based on paladin lvl?

oh well stunning fist is character lvl but still does it count?
    EU player --> think about it when u want to trade with me

I don't see how. We would still be 20 Arti and 5 Epic

Are they going to have additional enhancement points or just increases to HP, AC, and Stats as we level?

I haven't been able to summon the Artificer dog since taking an an epic level so haven't been able to see. Fingers crossed this is fixed soon.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Community Member

So, 10 druid/10 arti/5 epic gets lvl 15 iron defender and lvl 15 arti wolf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Old Birthday Cakes of Wishes don't turn into new Six Year Old Cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    So, I read that Epic levels will not advance the levels of the atrificer or druid dogs. This is quite an oversight since supposedly, these are supposed to be big factors in these two classes. Since Epic levels are these big, new, shiney grand things, how about we have the epic levels advance said pets. (ie. +1 at Epic Lv 1, +1 again at epic lv2...), and even if that druid or artificer is multiclassed. (Like say a 2rog/18arti/3epic would have a lv 21 dog.)
    Wow... With Arti's already being OP, Why would you want to make them more OP? We already have class death happening. I sure hope the pets aren't effected that much.

Community Member

Default druid dog

whats the point of having level 22 collars if my pet cant wear them? Im level 22 and my dog is 20

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eveningside View Post
    whats the point of having level 22 collars if my pet cant wear them? Im level 22 and my dog is 20
    ?? I'm a level 23 artificer, and my pet is most definitely level 23 and quite happily wearing a level 23 collar.

Are you multiclassed? I assume you must of dismissed/resummoned or logged off/on at some point since getting past level 20 (or else you've been playing for a hell of a long time in one session!).

Perhaps you need to speak to a trainer to level your pet/spend pet enhancements? (I don't think I needed to do that just to level my pet, but I did to spend enhancements for it).

Or you could have a bugged pet of course!