Hero

Default TR Guide: Stone of Experience edition

This TR quest guide is specific to using a Stone of Experience for third-life (TR2) characters. If you're not using a Stone of Experience, then check out my TR Junkie Quest Guide: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367893

No levels are held prior to 16. Here's the quest list order which includes difficulty, frequency and some notes:

Stealthy Repossession E,Nx5,H (1 min; Insidious Cunning)
    Recovering the Lost Tome E,H,N (2 min; Insidious Cunning)
    --take level 2--

Information is Key E (2 min; Aggression, Vandal)
    --take level 3--

Information is Key Nx3,H (2 min; Aggression, Vandal)
    Doom of the Witchdoctor Ex8,N,H (1 min; Insidious Cunning; Notes: requires opener; invis to end and finish out in shrine room)
    --take level 4-- (should take 1 hour real time to get here)

Durk's Got a Secret E,H,N (1 min; Devious; Notes: includes opening rear section)
    Butcher's Path E
    Haverdasher E (1 min; Onslaught)
    Garrison's Missing Pack E (3 min)
    Kobold's New Ringleader E,Hx5,N (1 min)
    Water Works part 1 E (3 min; Onslaught; Notes: 60 kobolds)
    Water Works part 2 E (3 min; Aggression; Notes: includes zombie optional)
    Water Works part 3 E (5 min; Mischief, Aggression)
    Water Works part 4 E (2 min)
    Sunken Sewer E
    Missing In Action E
    --take level 5--

Water Works 1-4 H
    Where There's Smoke E (2 min; Discreet)
    Catacombs part 1 E (1 min)
    Catacombs part 2 E (1 min)
    Tomb of the Immortal E,Nx7,H (1 min; Observance)
    --take level 6--

Delera's part 1 E
    Delera's part 2 E (all optionals)
    Delera's part2 Nx7,H (all optionals)

--take level 7--

Delera's part3 E
    Delera's Part 4 E,Nx8,H (all optionals, ransack, conquest)

Level to 8 as soon as you can. There's no point in getting more XP than what's needed to level to 8, as it won't carry over. You'll only receive bonus XP at level 16 if the Build-A-Guild event is active. XP potions and XP tomes do not affect Stone of Experience.

-- take level 8 ---

Use Stone of XP.

-- take level 16 --

Tomb of the Wizard King Ex3,H (6 min)
    Offering of Blood E (4 min)
    Ghosts of Perdition E,Hx7,N (4 min; Aggression; Notes: no optionals)
    Fleshmaker's Lab E,Hx4,N (Notes: no optional)
    Temple of Vol E,Hx8,N (5 min; Conquest, Ransack; Notes: with Marut optional)
    Inferno EHN

The idea is to cap XP at level 16 (1 xp from 18) before you take level 17.

Note: This list was put together during the Build-A-Guild event which provides 10% XP across the top. If you come up short when that event is not in progress, then elite Giant Hold walkups or Prison of the Planes should be more than enough to get you XP capped.

--take level 17--

Litany of the Dead E,Hx8,N (we do not flag for Ascension Chamber)
    Missing E,Hx6,N (we skip Pale Fire optional)
    Running with the Devils E,Nx7,H (5 min; Conquest, Ransack; Notes: including devil optional)
    Rainbow EH
    Ritual Sacrifice E
    --take level 18--

Sane Asylum E,Nx8,H
    Monastery of the Scorpion E,Nx6,H (6 min; Observance, Ingenious Debilitation, Onslaught)
    Enter the Kobold E,Nx8,H
    Sunken Parish E
    Shipwrecked Spy E
    Finding the Path E
    Eye of the Titan E
    --Congrats on level 20--
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

I'm not a stranger to zerging myself, and I have a couple of queries if you don't mind:

Stealthy Repossession E,Nx5,H (1 min; Insidious Cunning)
    Splitting? This q always has a high chance of turning into a orange/red DA clusterfark for me.

Doom of the Witchdoctor Ex8,N,H (1 min; Insidious Cunning; Notes: requires opener; invis to end and finish out in shrine room)
    I found it was quicker to zone into the next q and then use the door behind you. Why do you run back to the shrine to rc, out of curiosity? Or am I mistaking this for a different q in the chain?

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    I'm not a stranger to zerging myself, and I have a couple of queries if you don't mind:

Splitting? This q always has a high chance of turning into a orange/red DA clusterfark for me.
    Yes, split up. You can craft Invulnerability ML1 item, it helps. Expeditious Retreat or upgraded Quiver of Alacrity = win.

I found it was quicker to zone into the next q and then use the door behind you. Why do you run back to the shrine to rc, out of curiosity? Or am I mistaking this for a different q in the chain?
    You have to be level 4 to zone into the next part. We trigger a completion then finish out inside the shrine room. Occasionally a spider or dog will make it inside with us and hilarity ensues.

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Yes, split up. You can craft Invulnerability ML1 item, it helps. Expeditious Retreat or upgraded Quiver of Alacrity = win.
    Yes, do that, ta. I usually have the clickie and invuln, it just gets tediously slow moving. I think I'll try and master it with my TR buddy with splitting. Less distance to travel whilst DAed then I guess.

You have to be level 4 to zone into the next part. We trigger a completion then finish out inside the shrine room. Occasionally a spider or dog will make it inside with us and hilarity ensues.
    Ah, of course! Apologies for the silly question then.

You can actually bank level 16 so that you don't take as much of a penalty on wizard king and other lower level content. That would also allow you to run more gianthold sides, blockade buster and maybe framework as well. I know you guys don't like the gianthold sides, but a lot of people still farm them, especially if you want to grab your argo favour on the way to cap.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Default I did it like this...

Stealthy Repo once elite
    level 2
    Buying Time level 25 once
    level 3
    Ringleader
    WW
    Sunken
    Garisons
    Info
    level 4
    Witchdoctor
    level 5
    STK 3 farm
    level 6
    Gwylan's
    Pit
    Tear hard & elite
    level 7
    Shadowcrypt x3

Don't track the time or whatever, but it was pretty fast...

Now how to minimize from 16-20? Probably start with VONs since I need the house K and go from there.

A split team tear run gives pretty good xp/min, as would a split team bloody crypt

But nice list, I'll try it once I get enough time off work to cap
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    You can actually bank level 16 so that you don't take as much of a penalty on wizard king and other lower level content. That would also allow you to run more gianthold sides, blockade buster and maybe framework as well. I know you guys don't like the gianthold sides, but a lot of people still farm them, especially if you want to grab your argo favour on the way to cap.
    I was actually going to confirm this would work:

We get the XP for 16, but only level to 15, then we can bank all the level 16 XP and then when we approach the level 17 cap we level to 16.

Rinse and repeat holding at 18 until we hit cap at 20.

Our plan is to run House K stuff on elite. Red Fens, VON should still give reasonable XP as well as the bank space. Then we do Desert on Elite because we want to flag for ADQ, plus the good loot, plus the place quite simply rocks. We can even do a full Explorer run for that XP as well.

Then on to Gianthold and Vale with a few of the other packs (Harbinger, Reign, Mindsunder, Reavers, maybe Dreaming Dark).

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    Yes, do that, ta. I usually have the clickie and invuln, it just gets tediously slow moving. I think I'll try and master it with my TR buddy with splitting. Less distance to travel whilst DAed then I guess.
    If you reinvis after each lever pull, you usually don't get any DA at all. BtA vanilla invis clickies are ML0, and I'm sure I've done it with no (or maybe green) DA with just 3 clicks (just have to be picky about which levers you invis after).
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    I was actually going to confirm this would work:

We get the XP for 16, but only level to 15, then we can bank all the level 16 XP and then when we approach the level 17 cap we level to 16.

Our plan is to run House K stuff on elite. Red Fens, VON should still give reasonable XP as well as the bank space. Then we do Desert on Elite because we want to flag for ADQ, plus the good loot, plus the place quite simply rocks. We can even do a full Explorer run for that XP as well.
    I can confirm that taking to 15 and banking 16 worked.

I ran the VONs and Fens for house K favor, ran blockade buster and diplomatic for coin lord spaces, then OOB and WIZ and I was 'capped' at 17. I'll have to go back to finish ADQ flagging. Didn't even get to run level 13 quests for BB.

I think desert explorer is a waste of time and not needed.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    If you reinvis after each lever pull, you usually don't get any DA at all. BtA vanilla invis clickies are ML0, and I'm sure I've done it with no (or maybe green) DA with just 3 clicks (just have to be picky about which levers you invis after).
    The trick with dungeon alert and Doom of the Witchdoctor: Stand to the side when you open the door and invis before mobs have line of sight on you. It's a world of difference compared to standing in front of the door and reinvising.

Community Member

The trick with dungeon alert and Doom of the Witchdoctor: Stand to the side when you open the door and invis before mobs have line of sight on you. It's a world of difference compared to standing in front of the door and reinvising.
    Heh yes that's what I do.

The only time I trip up is if I've dumped spot and jump on a hobgob's head, then they all seem to get a scent. Still ok to finish just less than perfect.

-- take level 16 --

Tomb of the Wizard King Ex3,H (6 min)
    Offering of Blood E (4 min)
    Ghosts of Perdition E,Hx7,N (4 min; Aggression; Notes: no optionals)
    Fleshmaker's Lab E,Hx4,N (Notes: no optional)
    Temple of Vol E,Hx8,N (5 min; Conquest, Ransack; Notes: with Marut optional)
    Inferno EHN

The idea is to cap XP at level 16 (1 xp from 18) before you take level 17.

Note: This list was put together during the Build-A-Guild event which provides 10% XP across the top. If you come up short when that event is not in progress, then elite Giant Hold walkups or Prison of the Planes should be more than enough to get you XP capped.

--take level 17--

Litany of the Dead E,Hx8,N (we do not flag for Ascension Chamber)
    Missing E,Hx6,N (we skip Pale Fire optional)
    Running with the Devils E,Nx7,H (5 min; Conquest, Ransack; Notes: including devil optional)
    Rainbow EH
    Ritual Sacrifice E
    --take level 18--

Sane Asylum E,Nx8,H
    Monastery of the Scorpion E,Nx6,H (6 min; Observance, Ingenious Debilitation, Onslaught)
    Enter the Kobold E,Nx8,H
    Sunken Parish E
    Shipwrecked Spy E
    Finding the Path E
    Eye of the Titan E
    --Congrats on level 20--
    Just to be sure since I'm starting lvling from 15 this evening... Are u using an exp pot or some other bonuses while leveling up (apart of voices, ship bonus, BB etc. ofc ^^)
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

You can move all your mid quests up a few levels since you won't need to do them later. Use a 7 wizard on another account to farm allowing you to do SC at 6 and deleras at 4-5, skipping all that other stuff.

Even easier if you can solo it and somehow go invisible, but if you are not on a caster life that is a bit harder to do without taking level 2 early and drinking pots.

Occasionally a spider or dog will make it inside with us and hilarity ensues.
    Have yet to make it into the shrine without spiders joining me.

Thanks for the continued updates on this guide. I used a modified version last life and was just going to follow the previous guide from level 16 on for this life now that I am stoned, but this way is a bit better.
    Last edited by NytCrawlr; 07-31-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    BtA vanilla invis clickies are ML0, and I'm sure I've done it with no (or maybe green) DA with just 3 clicks (just have to be picky about which levers you invis after).
    Still looking for those clickies! Any good quest drops/end rewards that are better to hunt for them?

And yeah, going invisible = very little DA, green at most if you do it right.

Community Member

appreciate this post.. anyone else have their quest list
    Fist and Faith
    Musashi DragonClaw
    Thelanis Warclaws, DragonClaws, MusashiCLAW, Warsclaw
    www.C-L-A-W.org