Default New blue bars for everyone and Arcane archers

Seems like with a sorcerer past life you can now do an arcane archer without splashing a caster class. Passive sorc past life gives 20 sp, active gives 20 sp, and items give more. Am leveling a monk at 3 so far but have to go to sleep for the night. With any luck Ill hit 8 sometime tomorrow and will be able to confirm or deny, for sure, whether or not we will be able to do Pure, non-ranger, AAs.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Accidental double post

/Subscribe

Wink

Yep, my monk12/ftr6/rog2 with a sorc PL has a 20pt mana bar. Really handy for um... for... gimme a sec here...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Seems like with a sorcerer past life you can now do an arcane archer without splashing a caster class. Passive sorc past life gives 20 sp, active gives 20 sp, and items give more. Am leveling a monk at 3 so far but have to go to sleep for the night. With any luck Ill hit 8 sometime tomorrow and will be able to confirm or deny, for sure, whether or not we will be able to do Pure, non-ranger, AAs.
    When did this change?
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Hasn't this been possible for some time already?
    The AA PrE already has the active Sorc PL feat as one of it's prereq options. Plus, the active Sorc PL feat, and the AA enhancement itself, both grant extra spell points.

So what's new? Or do the PL feat and AA enhancement currently not grant SP to non-caster classes on live?
    I don't actually have a Sorc past life anywhere, so I wouldn't know... >_>

You could take the PrE on live as a 20 fighter via sorc PL, but you couldn't actually use any imbues.

SP on live for a fighter = Not a Number
    SP on Lama for a fighter = 0

You're still stuck with using the Sorc past life as a pre-req though since you can't take Mental Toughness without having actual spell casting ability.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

the sorc past life only gave sp if you had an sp bar on live. so non-casters couldnt benefit from it at all cept for the sla. it was a prereq of AA but it didnt give sp so you couldnt really make use of it.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chickenmaniac View Post
    Yep, my monk12/ftr6/rog2 with a sorc PL has a 20pt mana bar. Really handy for um... for... gimme a sec here...
    Equip a mana item. Wizardry etc.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Interesting indeed.

My fighter life on Fawngate could have +300 spell points from her concord opp goggles +60 spell points from past life (+50 more spell points if she bothers equips an archmage item).
    Then taking the Sorcerer past life active feat grants 105 more spell points.

Include the Torc and corncord opp to get more spell points and yah got something?

When one can take multiple prestigue classes this might be interesting indeed.

Glory be, equip my madstone boots, and shout about it!

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

One of the reason for the change is to be able to use caster epic destinies (or twist them) on melees, as some of the abilities require sp to work. For example, a pure monk can now take exalted angel and use the renewal ability to heal himself.

On the one hand, pure fighter aa! on the other hand, melees will be wanting to loot torcs now

Kinda need the sorcerer past life, meaning at one time they were arcane, so they deserved to pull a torc...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    One of the reason for the change is to be able to use caster epic destinies (or twist them) on melees, as some of the abilities require sp to work. For example, a pure monk can now take exalted angel and use the renewal ability to heal himself.

On the one hand, pure fighter aa! on the other hand, melees will be wanting to loot torcs now

actually i like the idea of pure fighter aa
    does it come with Many shot feat too? or i still have to work for it?

Sharp sword, short temper, any questions?
    I'm The Doctor so basically.. Run!

Since melee will now have useless SP, i'd like to see potions that require spell points to drink introduced.

Like, say a potion of stone skin: drink and expend 10 spell points (or so) to cast stoneskin upon yourself. A potion of displacment too, all kind of options here.

Perhaps also items with clickes that require spell points. I'm sure they won't be too popular amoung castes, but melees with useless SP would really benefin.

Also, for monks with usless SP, i'd like a way to toggle whether SP, Ki, or both are displayed on the mana bar. That way monks won't be annoyed by having their Ki display cut in half.

Alternativly, you could have the epic destinies that give spells that require SP have the spellcasting feat for free automaticly. That way they only have teh SP when they need it.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Quote Originally Posted by threefeetunder View Post
    ....For example, a pure monk can now take exalted angel and use the renewal ability to heal himself....
    Shhhhhhhhhhh!
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Lightbulb Actually ...

Quote Originally Posted by NarakuSama View Post
    actually i like the idea of pure fighter aa
    does it come with Many shot feat too? or i still have to work for it?
    If you are building an AA, 2 ranger levels would give you 3 extra feats (Bow Strength, Rapid Shot, Two Weapon Fighting). You can still be Kensai III, and have more feats than a pure Ftr 20 (no capstone though).
    Khyber, Leader of Elite Empire: Veryunique - Wiz20/Epic8 (PM, PL: Clr,Fvs), Skullcrshr - Pal20/Epic8 (PL: Barb, Ftrx2),
    Elsir - Brd12/Ftr4/Rog2/Epic7 (Swash, PL: Rgr,Mnk,Rog,Art,Drd,Clr), TheMadness - Sorc 14 (PL: Sorc, Wiz, Clr)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalDad View Post
    If you are building an AA, 2 ranger levels would give you 3 extra feats (Bow Strength, Rapid Shot, Two Weapon Fighting). You can still be Kensai III, and have more feats than a pure Ftr 20 (no capstone though).
    but that only work with human fighter/ranger right?

but that only work with human fighter/ranger right?
    Not with human, but would have to be Elf or Half-Elf. Half-Elven Ftr 18/Rgr 2 AA/Kensei 3 may be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

didnt understand.. it wont work at all with humans or that humans are not the only race for that?

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

didnt understand.. it wont work at all with humans or that humans are not the only race for that?
    To take the PrE you need to be the class (ranger) or the race (elf / half elf)
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)