Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I tested Fury on my Human Ranger Tempest (TR'd once from Exploiter, now pure Ranger, no splashes).
    I use Khopeshes (most of the time GS Lit II, GS Min II, Drow Khopesh - haven't made myself an Alchemical yet, unfortunately).

The increase in DPS is huge, both steady output and burst.

- Considering that Primal Scream grants a noteworthy increase to STR, and that Fury Eternal keeps Adrenalines going on and on, I have so far never encountered a place where I'm out of either Adrenaline or Scream.

- Unbridled Fury, I tend to use when a big fight is involved, e.g. boss fight, big wave of mobs, etc.

- As for the amounts of damage, that's something I'll leave to whoever likes to do the math; my STR goes up to 42-44 or higher with all buffs, pots and whatnot; an Adrenaline crit usually reaches 1.4k-1.5k, and I haven't seen higher numbers so far. The good thing is that when using an Unbridled Fury I get usually 8 to 10 Adrenaline Overloads, so I'm not complaining or anything.

I know Rangers don't dish out as much damage on a single melee attack, but the point here is the number of attacks, I guess; also, survivability goes a long way: a dead toon deals 0 damage, even if the build is a monster.

All in all, I think the Destiny seems well balanced for Tempest, even though I would like to try Fury Made Placid, when it's fixed (although now that I've tried Fury Eternal I'm not likely to permanently switch).

I was planning to Twist in the ED: In the Weeds (Shiradi Champion, tier 4); Improved Power Attack (Legendary Dreadnought, tier 2); Perfect Balance (Grandmaster of Flowers, tier 1).
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    There is something I am curious about:

Assuming you use a greataxe as your primary and are a LD, would it be worthwhile as a barb to sacrifice the Capstone in order to splash two levels of fighter so that you can take Overwhelming Criticals?

I don't know the math on this, but would going from x8 to x9 crit multiplier provide more DPS than 10% glancing damage?
    I just checked for the esos with barrage.. And the answer is no. +1 on 19-20 on the esos amounts to a +.33 multi, which adds less then 10% glancing blows. 10 damage per swing less on average for my build.

Also its more then 10% glancing blow damage, as GTHF also adds a glance to your third attack while standing. While I do my best to avoid using regular attacks at all with lotsa cleaving, inevitably you do end up using said attack a bit..

So I calculated it as 70% glances vs 80%, not the full 25% difference as many attacks are assumed to be cleaves.

For a greataxe, mm probably no too tho it may be closer.

My build is an 18/2.. and atm im considering more about swapping tough/epic tough for wep foc + overwhelming.. As it's possible to keep all the other relevant dps feats anyways (thf line, berserker fury for toughness enhance, ic, power attack, stun, both cleaves)..
    77 hp vs +.33 multiplier overall (the wep focus will have zero impact with the new melee system). It's a tough sell, not sure yet. Might try it with the free LR at some point to get a real-world feeling for the difference.. Math doesnt really tell the whole story here.
    Last edited by Shade; 07-10-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Given manyshot archer builds already have BY FAR the best burst DPS in the game, I think it could be too powerful. I mean just check the dps challenge, the margin they lead by is insane already. Add that? They would be litteraly 300-500% ahead of melee for that burst.

Keep in mind using a bow isn't limited to lower dps classes like rangers. A bow barbarian could crit for in the range of 20,000+ PER MOB if it worked like you asked.

Atm for melee, using it on things lke cleaves/etc that hit multiple targets, it only boosts a single hit for a single enemy. IPS doesn't do that for what I hear, so you already got a great advantage there.
    Hello Shade,
    I agree MS is burst and that's the only thing AA has.
    Now is 3s "INSANE" ? Do you know what does it cost to get this burst ?

Then, concerning the DPS challenge: Do you know that this was only possible with the slaying arrow on vorpal hit.
    So basically if you spend days MS with slaying arrow a portal yeah you get super lucky and have a lot of vorpal, that's not only burst that's super luck ... don't be so biased please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I just checked for the esos with barrage.. And the answer is no. +1 on 19-20 on the esos amounts to a +.33 multi, which adds less then 10% glancing blows. 10 damage per swing less on average for my build.

Also its more then 10% glancing blow damage, as GTHF also adds a glance to your third attack while standing. While I do my best to avoid using regular attacks at all with lotsa cleaving, inevitably you do end up using said attack a bit..

So I calculated it as 70% glances vs 80%, not the full 25% difference as many attacks are assumed to be cleaves.

For a greataxe, mm probably no too tho it may be closer.

My build is an 18/2.. and atm im considering more about swapping tough/epic tough for wep foc + overwhelming.. As it's possible to keep all the other relevant dps feats anyways (thf line, berserker fury for toughness enhance, ic, power attack, stun, both cleaves)..
    77 hp vs +.33 multiplier overall (the wep focus will have zero impact with the new melee system). It's a tough sell, not sure yet. Might try it with the free LR at some point to get a real-world feeling for the difference.. Math doesnt really tell the whole story here.
    Okay, thanks for the math. Since you seem to adamantly agree that LD is better than FotW, would you mind posting your LD build? I am having a lot of trouble making up my mind on which things to pick because so much of it seems useful. You've tested it and know the math much better than I do, so there are probably some things that I could probably do without but don't know it. With regards to the build, I am going with the assumption that all destiny enhancements are WAI even though obviously less than half of them currently are, because by the time I finish TRing and unlock them, Turbine may have fixed them.

Community Member

A bit bummed that tier 2 of the outsider doesn't give silver bypass. Going back to the original venue.

Founder

Does adrenaline still hit all 4 many shots?

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Does adrenaline still hit all 4 many shots?
    Yep.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Default Tunnel Vision fortification penalty

What should the Tunnel Vision fortification penalty be?
    Prior to the patch, my fortification was reduced by 5% with tunnel vision.
    After the patch, it is reduced by 10%.
    Wiki says that the penalty is 5% and that the 10% is/was a carryover from beta.

Is the current -10% the intended amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgari View Post
    What should the Tunnel Vision fortification penalty be?
    Prior to the patch, my fortification was reduced by 5% with tunnel vision.
    After the patch, it is reduced by 10%.
    Wiki says that the penalty is 5% and that the 10% is/was a carryover from beta.

Is the current -10% the intended amount?
    Yes. There were some bugs before patch 1 between various different text in the game and actual effect which should be reconciled now.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    You've tested it and know the math much better than I do
    Heh
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member Zero_Tolerance's Avatar

Is Injury tier 1 effect WAI? As in, Shaken never happens....

Founder

Does adrenaline work with 10k stars?

I don't understand why my base unarmed damage goes up by +15 when I switch to Fury of the Wild (Level 5). The damage listed on my character sheet goes from 8.0[1d6] + 27 to 8.0[1d6] + 42

Some of it I can account for:
    +4 Strength = +2 damage
    Adrenaline Overload = +1 damage

Although more damage bonuses were listed in the auto-grant abilities back in the beta, they certainly aren't listed in the descriptions now. Where is the other +12 damage coming from??

Founder

Is the damage bonus added to the base d6 and multiplied by the 8?

No, the bonus damage is simply changing the +27 into a +42 (i.e., 15 point difference). The base damage die (essentially 8d6 from monk levels, past life, twist of fate, and gear) is not being changed, only the static value listed after the random range.

Also, I should make note that I've taken nothing in Fury of the Wild that would otherwise increase my damage other than the static Strength boosts. In fact, if I completely un-spec all points from Fury of the Wild (level 5 with 24 points unspent), my damage still goes up by +13 points from where it rests in a zero-level epic destiny that adds no damage at all (such as Magister).

Basically, I think it's buggy as heck and is giving me a lot more damage than it should be. I don't know if it's a bug related to only unarmed damage or if it's for all weapons. I found I couldn't easily check with other weapons equipped because the static damage bonus after the random range is not shown on the inventory sheet, it only shows the 6-11 damage range (essentially 1d6+5). Handwraps are listed completely differently. /boggle

Founder

Is it giving 1+2+3+4+5 instead of +5?

Maybe they did:
    if(FOTWLevel>=5) damage+=5;
    if(FOTWLevel>=4) damage+=4;
    if(FOTWLevel>=3) damage+=3;
    else if(FOTWLevel>=2) damage+=2;
    if(FOTWLevel>=1) damage+=1;

To give +13 damage instead of +5?
    Last edited by maddong; 09-19-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Slight necro here, but I just wanted to confirm that maddong appears to be correct and FotW is adding +13 to unarmed damage. No complaints here though
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456