Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Feedback: Fury of the Wild

Use this thread to provide specific feedback about this Epic Destiny! General Epic Destiny feedback should be keep to the main Epic Destiny thread.

I was just running my Druid with the Fury of the Wild Epic Destiny and was checking out Fury Made Placid... Like a moron, I forgot to check it out without a form going, but in Winter Wolf, Dire Bear, Water Elemental and Fire Elemental, I got the +6 to Wisdom as well as the healing, but I witnessed no paralysis at all (and I was getting seriously wailed on lol). Not sure if this is a bug or if I just never landed in the 20% zone...

Community Member

Can anyone confirm a few things about this destiny? I am unable to test stuff atm.

Innate: You gain +1 damage per level of fury of the wild.

Is this working for mainhand, offhand and doublestrike attacks?

How many total uses of Adrenaline do you have at tier 6? I saw this destiny in the destiny compendium thread but I think there are some typos in there. Is it 5 total or 15?

Unstoppable Fury (required 4 - No prereq) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) While raged when you miss with a melee attack, gain +1 attack for 20s. Can stack 3 times. Only loses 1 stack each 20s.

Why was this nerfed? Used to be +2 per stack. 3 ap for +3 to hit is pretty bad. Or can something else be added here this is just lacking.

Ward against Weird (required 8 - No prereq) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) 30 spell resistance when you are injured

What is the spell resistance at rank 3? and does this stack with the grandmaster of flowers enhancement granting additional spell resistance?

Sense Weakness (required 4 - Prereq: Acute instinct) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive). You deal [10/20/30]% extra damage to helpless targets. Your melee attacks deal [1d8/1d8/1d8] extra damage to enemies below 75% HP, [0/1d15/1d12] extra damage to enemies below 50% HP, and [0/0/1d20] extra damage to enemies below 25% HP. These are cumulative.

Can someone check to see that the bonus damage here works on mainhand, offhand, and doublestrike attacks please?

Unbridled Fury (required 20 - No prereq) (1 rank - 2 AP): (Active Cooldown: 5mins) Every three seconds, for thirty seconds, you gain Adrenaline Overload: Your next attack deals +400% damage and has +16 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. While this is active and you fight with a two handed weapon, Glancing Blows produced on enemies around you when you stand still and attack deal +100% damage and have 100% chance of triggering weapon effects. You gain the feats Two-Handed Fighting, Improved Two-Handed Fighting, and Greater Two-Handed Fighting for the duration. Requires and consumes 10 Fury. You gain 1 Fury each time you vorpal with a melee attack (roll a natural 20 and confirm the critical hit)

Is there any way to set this to work with your mainhand weapon? This way it would work with 2h, 2wf, and sword and board. Forcing people to carry around a 2h weapon for one skill is bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    Innate: You gain +1 damage per level of fury of the wild.

Is this working for mainhand, offhand and doublestrike attacks?
    Yes, as well as critical hits.

How many total uses of Adrenaline do you have at tier 6? I saw this destiny in the destiny compendium thread but I think there are some typos in there. Is it 5 total or 15?
    Not sure where someone would have got 15 from. It's 5, +1 more maximum if you take Fury Eternal (and the ability to regenerate them).

Unstoppable Fury (required 4 - No prereq) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) While raged when you miss with a melee attack, gain +1 attack for 20s. Can stack 3 times. Only loses 1 stack each 20s.

Why was this nerfed? Used to be +2 per stack. 3 ap for +3 to hit is pretty bad. Or can something else be added here this is just lacking.
    It's up to +9 fully stacked for 3 AP. That's still a lot of to-hit.

Sense Weakness (required 4 - Prereq: Acute instinct) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive). You deal [10/20/30]% extra damage to helpless targets. Your melee attacks deal [1d8/1d8/1d8] extra damage to enemies below 75% HP, [0/1d15/1d12] extra damage to enemies below 50% HP, and [0/0/1d20] extra damage to enemies below 25% HP. These are cumulative.

Can someone check to see that the bonus damage here works on mainhand, offhand, and doublestrike attacks please?
    It should work with all of these.

Unbridled Fury (required 20 - No prereq) (1 rank - 2 AP): (Active Cooldown: 5mins) Every three seconds, for thirty seconds, you gain Adrenaline Overload: Your next attack deals +400% damage and has +16 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. While this is active and you fight with a two handed weapon, Glancing Blows produced on enemies around you when you stand still and attack deal +100% damage and have 100% chance of triggering weapon effects. You gain the feats Two-Handed Fighting, Improved Two-Handed Fighting, and Greater Two-Handed Fighting for the duration. Requires and consumes 10 Fury. You gain 1 Fury each time you vorpal with a melee attack (roll a natural 20 and confirm the critical hit)

Is there any way to set this to work with your mainhand weapon? This way it would work with 2h, 2wf, and sword and board. Forcing people to carry around a 2h weapon for one skill is bad design.
    The most important part, the Adrenaline, works with any mainhand weapon.

You do losing the Glancing Blow bonuses without a THF weapon, so you can choose to carry one if you want, but it's still pretty high extra damage without that. You get 11 nearly certain critical hits that deal x5 damage.

While I imagine many players might find this question rediculous, how should unbridaled fury interact with sword and board using a bastard sword or dwarven axe with the THF line, and the shield bashing stuff?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    While I imagine many players might find this question rediculous, how should unbridaled fury interact with sword and board using a bastard sword or dwarven axe with the THF line, and the shield bashing stuff?
    You should be getting the THF glancing blows benefits while you do this. It's worth noting that you can consume your adrenaline by shield bashing (which will do extra damage and probably critical, but this may be suboptimal in terms of overall damage output).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It's up to +9 fully stacked for 3 AP. That's still a lot of to-hit.
    since, players graze on a 2 now. does it mean that the stack increases only on 1s?

Quote Originally Posted by krogyy View Post
    since, players graze on a 2 now. does it mean that the stack increases only on 1s?
    Dunno.

But players don't graze on a 2 now.. Still not implemented. Saw plenty of misses on rolls of 2-8 tonight.

I tested some of fury tonight, very buggy, ill post a bug report soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Dunno.

But players don't graze on a 2 now.. Still not implemented. Saw plenty of misses on rolls of 2-8 tonight.

I tested some of fury tonight, very buggy, ill post a bug report soon.
    I was grazing on a 2+ tonight. Only missed on 1s, the random toon I used was getting real hits on an 11+
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Jejeba86 View Post
    It will stack.
    Give me a few minutes and I can link.

Nevermind... I think I saw it somewhere......

Now I know where I got this from.... It's the Grandmaster of Flowers that has stacking SR!
    I know I wasn't so messed up:

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Grandmaster updates:

Spell Resistance from auto-granted enhancements and Serenity:
    The issue with spell resistance stacking has been found and is being worked on. I'm making changes that will cause it to stack with all of the following: Spell resistance from items, set bonuses, the Spell Resistance spell, and Monk Diamond Soul.
    It's not going to stack with Drow racial spell resistance, as unfortunately there is a technical hurdle making this impossible at this time, without a backend change by our engineering team. That's going to have to wait for a future patch, I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Things in need of clarification/investigation:

*How does adrenaline (overload) interact with doublestrike, with a doublestrike proc, will adrenaline apply to the doublestrike?
    *How does adrenaline interact with manyshot, do you get adrenaline on one/all arrows of one manyshot attack?
    *Does quickdraw reduce the activation time of adrenaline?
    *Do the automatic adrenaline charges during the epic moment incur loss of attacks due to "activation"?
    *What is the chance to regain adrenaline on a vorpal? 33%

__________________________________________________ ______________________
    Some numbers on adrenaline overload, specifically in combination with exalted smite/divine sacrifice and a heavy pick.

Discounting everything but the smite itself;
    500% base damage * (4 weapon multiplier + 2 exalted smite) multiplier * (1 mh + 0.13 ds) * 67 damage=2200

This is already in "the low thousands". Deathnip is effectively a vanilla +5 heavy pick as far as overload+smite is concerned, in case someone for some reason would examine the effects using deathnip.

A naked paladin with self buffs and a masterwork hpick will hit for 3.5k with exalted smite

A twinked and buffed pally with a +5 hpick will hit for 5k with esmite, 2.4k wwith d.sac
    A character with similar stats (fully twinked + raid buffed) can hit for 3.7k with a twisted smite, assuming that the level bonus keeps going til 25 and not counting class bonuses. I.e. ~the same as the naked mw pick wielding paladin.
    Code:
    9ish str ((mh+oh)/2) + 1 lotd + 2 fb + 2 shintao + 4 claw + 8 PA + 3 df +  14ish songs/prayer + 6 fotw + 8 dmight + 67 smite + 5 enh + 12 seeker +  4.5 weapon + 4.5 deadly weapon/epic hpick = 150 base damage
    150*5*6*1.13~5000
    You can get comparable numbers with momentum swing, [edit:]not[/edit] against every mob in reach.

This is disregarding boosts/glancing blows/weapon effects.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

A paladin can have 5 class + 4 extra smite + 3(?) kotc + 3 twisted endless smites=15 uses of smite.

During the epic moment you gain 10 automatic adrenaline overload, add the 5 active use ones for 15.
    15*5k=75k damage in 30s or 2500 dps

The naked paladin with a masterwork hpick will only manage 15*3.5k=52.5k or 1750 dps

This is ofc disregarding using damage boost, accounting for weapon effects or regular attacks.

Let me reiterate, a naked paladin with a masterwork hpick can activate the epic moment, do 15 attacks in 30s and then stand twiddling their thumb for some 100s and still end up at top of the line live dps.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Estimating the overall benefit from regained adrenaline can be done as follows:

With a x3 multiplier and x5 base damage you get the equivalent to 15 regular hits.
    Divide by the expected damage factoring crits (generally 1.15) and you get ~13
    Subtract the number of attacks you loose through activation (1.2s*1.67aps) and you're left with ~11 attacks gained
    You would expect 1 vorp in 20 hits on average, 11 gained/20=0.55 bonus

If the chance to gain an additional adrenaline is 50% you multiply the bonus by 50%, i.e. 0.275

To put it another way, you would expect to regain a adrenaline use every 20/0.5 attacks. You gain 11 attacks on use, 11/40=0.275 gain.
    Last edited by zealous; 06-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.

does adrenaline damage amp affect FB vicious damage or SA damage?
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    You can get comparable numbers with momentum swing, against every mob in reach.
    from early reports only one mob will get hit by the boosted damage in a cleave attack.

This is disregarding boosts/glancing blows/weapon effects.
    damage boost is additive (becomes 525% damage, not 500%*1.25=625%), haste boost does not affect adrenaline use (save for slightly higher recharge).

glancing blows are not affected by damage boost so they will most probably not be affected by adrenaline either since they are the same kind of bonus, ditto for weapon effects.

Let me reiterate, a naked paladin with a masterwork hpick can activate the epic moment, do 15 attacks in 30s and then stand twiddling their thumb for some 100s and still end up at top of the line live dps.
    no he can't. he needs to hit first and even then he needs to confirm the critical hits. both things are not at all guaranteed in the new combat system, even for geared toons.

If the chance to gain an additional adrenaline is 50% you multiply the bonus by 50%
    it is 33%.

Community Member

it is 33%.
    so, it's 33% / vorpal to get adrenaline recharged? Could it be, perhaps, switched from 33% chance to "every 3rd" vorpal, with some buff-like counter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Old Birthday Cakes of Wishes don't turn into new Six Year Old Cakes.

One or two questions;

Acute instincts (required 4 - No prereq) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) While raged, you gain +[0/1/2] wisdom, +[2/4/6] balance, heal, listen, spot, search, concentration and +[1/2/3] saves vs. traps.

Does the 2 wisdom in that stack with items etc etc? (Edit: yes it does)

How does this work with ranged? while most effects in here are 'on melee attack' there is a few like Gird against Demons and Adrenaline Overload that say 'on attack' if these work with ranged I might just consider this destiny for one of my toons that melees most of the time but with a fair bit of ranged, while it's probably not higher dps than shiradi it sounds really fun (Edit: My character couldn't check this effectively so would be grateful of anyone who would.)

Also can Insult's tripple threat thing be activated, then adrenaline activated and both use the same attack? if so thats a nice opening combo.(Edit: Forgot to check but on adrenaline activation it gives you a few seconds of buff to use it, so I assume so)
    Last edited by Vazok1; 06-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I was grazing on a 2+ tonight. Only missed on 1s, the random toon I used was getting real hits on an 11+
    mm odd. What quest/difficulty?
    It maybe only in lower difficulties its available. I was missing on epic elite on a 2-5 on some higher mobs.

from early reports only one mob will get hit by the boosted damage in a cleave attack.
    Coolio, will ammend that then.

damage boost is additive (becomes 525% damage, not 500%*1.25=625%), haste boost does not affect adrenaline use (save for slightly higher recharge).
    Yes, I'm well aware since vargouille pointed it out, that's the reason I no longer include it, since it's a relatively minor (5-6%) increase.

glancing blows are not affected by damage boost so they will most probably not be affected by adrenaline either since they are the same kind of bonus, ditto for weapon effects.
    I do not claim that it would, although I had assumed adrenaline did affect base damage and through that glancing blows, good to know.
    I was just pointing out that the total attack damage would be higher, it would however likely be negligibly higher which is why I didn't include it. (that and laziness)

no he can't. he needs to hit first and even then he needs to confirm the critical hits. both things are not at all guaranteed in the new combat system, even for geared toons.
    You sure?
    Smite should add 2x cha bonus and use the highest AB in the chain, shouldn't it?
    So if you want to account for not missing this would very likely affect a overload smiter less than any other melee. Give me an example of one or a few encounters you would consider fair and I'll give you some real numbers.

I don't intend the naked mw wielder as a really relevant example, more as a illustration of the potential brokenness. Imo a naked mw wielder shouldn't be remotely close to putting out competitive dps even in a ideal scenario.

If we put it another way, should a first life character with the barest minimum of equipment be able to reach comparable damage output with a multi-TR bis character?

it is 33%.
    Thanks.
    Then the constant benefit of adrenaline overload is approximately 18% attacks or more (depending on weapon/weapon style), slightly higher than the drenought gain with axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    mm odd. What quest/difficulty?
    It maybe only in lower difficulties its available. I was missing on epic elite on a 2-5 on some higher mobs.
    It was in market quests, normal and hard.

Edit: one thing Ill note is that I was using a bow and was noticing that point blank shots seemed to be effecting the grazing hits. I saw several grazing hits for 12-15 damage, the bow I was using was a store bought +1 acid longbow. I am curious to know if all +#[w] effects will add to grazing hits, or if Im just misunderstanding what its doing.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 06-09-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Matt Walsh:

Default Bugs

Tunnel Vision (required 0 - No prereq) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) While raged melee attacks deal +1d8 extra damage, you gain +1 intimidate, +1 will saves and you lose -5AC and -10% fort
    Doesn't work with handwraps (Edit: also only just noticed the tool-tip in the buff bar on the top of the screen says 1d4 not 1d8 for tier 1. Don't know if its true or not, didn't get a chance to test it. wish i had a ship dummy to mess around with lol)

The extra damage doesn't work with wraps. Works with a quaterstaff so i know wraps are the problem. However the 30% extra to helpless seems to work

Injury (required 4 - No prereq) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) While you are injured, enemies you damage in melee are shaken
    Doesn't work with wraps, forgot to check with another weapon so might just not work at all.

The 400% damage applied, but I didn't get a single crit, used this affect twice. Both times with wraps, I didnt get unlucky either, got a (Combat): You attack Drow Archer. You roll a 13 (+41): you hit!, and still only got the 280 damage, no crit confirm roll or anything.

Also i have tier 2 of unstoppable fury, however upon rolling a 1 i got
    (Combat): You are affected by wolf's unstoppable fury.
    (Combat): +1 Attack
    At tier 2 that should be +2 attack per tier.

Sorry I couldn't bug these in game, wasn't working.

Edit: the 'on rage' effects didnt work with the rage clicky from epic brawns. only worked with the primal scream for me
    Edit: also, you know how we're supposed to end up with 6 adrenalines, well for some reason I had 7. Not complaining or anything but figured i'd say.
    Last edited by Vazok1; 06-10-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Default Barbarians with Action Boost Haste

Got a question for developers ...

Is it WAI the possibility to twist the Action Boost Haste (should be tier3 or tier2 ability) from the Dreadnought Destiny into Barbarians with the Fury of the Wild? You know, probably barbarians with Haste Boost IV like ability weren't supposed to exist since that will make them superior to anything else melee wise, especially if you twist momentum swing and extra action boosts as well.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast