Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 260
  1. #181
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    It was based on Int since day 1 of closed beta.
    it was broken since day 1 of beta. As far as I'm concerned without the display of DC and it being broken it doesn't matter what it was reported to have been based on previously.

    I was thanking him for the confirmation.

  2. #182
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    it was broken since day 1 of beta. As far as I'm concerned without the display of DC and it being broken it doesn't matter what it was reported to have been based on previously.

    I was thanking him for the confirmation.
    The fact it was broken doesn't change the fact that it was already based on INT since day 1, nothing is changed.

    As Feather said above, Shadowdancer's DC abilities were not calculating the Character level in their formula.

  3. #183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    All Shadowdancer activated abilities were broken similarly with regards to DC and should be fixed in the next Lammania build.

    Consume's text change may not have made it into the next Lamannia build.
    Varg, not wanting to be a ****, but how does stuff like this get through? Do you not
    have internal integration procedures that at least require you to demonstrate that
    a change does what it's supposed to do? - not talking about regressions here or
    unintended side effects. Just the core functionality in a specific change.

  4. #184
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    The fact it was broken doesn't change the fact that it was already based on INT since day 1, nothing is changed.

    As Feather said above, Shadowdancer's DC abilities were not calculating the Character level in their formula.
    U angry bro cuz a dev responded to me and not you? U jelly? Let it go

  5. #185
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    U angry bro cuz a dev responded to me and not you? U jelly? Let it go
    Uhm, yes, bro, my rage is over 9000!

    /END OT

  6. #186
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    About Executioner's Strike/Shot:
    35% chance + a saving throw to negate might be a bit too unreliable. I think that 35% +1% per shadow charge held ( max 10% ) is fair.

  7. #187
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voldomar View Post
    About Executioner's Strike/Shot:
    35% chance + a saving throw to negate might be a bit too unreliable. I think that 35% +1% per shadow charge held ( max 10% ) is fair.
    I'm not really sure what that 35% means.

    Does it mean that, even with a 80 DC, you are doing, after the first roll on their save, ANOTHER roll (rolling 1d100, roll<35 mob dies, >35 mob saves) to check that you succedeed? Basically, 2 rolls to make a mob die?

    Or is it from the previous text and forgot to edit it out?

  8. #188
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I'm not really sure what that 35% means.

    Does it mean that, even with a 80 DC, you are doing, after the first roll on their save, ANOTHER roll (rolling 1d100, roll<35 mob dies, >35 mob saves) to check that you succedeed?
    No, it means that most of the time ( 65% ) executioners strike's "kill chance" flat out doesn't proc. Mobs don't even need a save.

  9. #189
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voldomar View Post
    No, it means that most of the time ( 65% ) executioners strike's "kill chance" flat out doesn't proc. Mobs don't even need a save.
    Ah, even worse than I thought. DC is already in the high 40-barely 50, then we have a 35% chance to not see anything.

    If you wanna keep this "chance to not do anything", up this to 45% + 2% chance per shadow charge held, max 65%.

  10. #190
    The Hatchery jejeba86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Ah, even worse than I thought. DC is already in the high 40-barely 50, then we have a 35% chance to not see anything.

    If you wanna keep this "chance to not do anything", up this to 45% + 2% chance per shadow charge held, max 65%.
    65% chance to not see anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

  11. #191
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    65% chance to not see anything
    Better than 35%.

  12. #192
    Community Member marciodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    12

    Default Let me get this straight...

    As i can see by the devs responses, they don´t want to comment about the SD epic moment. I guess they really think rogues are too overpowered already, having sneak attack and all that. So 2d6 is just the icing, and we can get nothing more in our already over-stuffed mouths.
    Anyway, i want to make a comparison at all the epic moments, so we can see how they think rogues are overpowered:

    Shadowdancer
    Oncoming Darkness Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 4min) Each time an enemy affected by your Dark Shrouding mark dies, you gain 1 charge. When you have accumulated 20 of these charges, you can expend them to enchant your melee and ranged attacks with shadowy energy. You deal an extra 2d6 unholy damage with every strike, the effective range of your melee attacks increases dramatically, and your ranged attacks have a 30% chance to explode, dealing 10d6 unholy damage to all enemies in a large radius around your target.

    So, it´s 2d6, increased range on melee attack, and 30% chance a ranged attack will explode. Really great for melees! No, wait...


    Draconic Incarnation
    Fearsome Invulnerability Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1sec) Each time you damage an enemy with an evocation or conjuration spell while under the effect of Draconic Fury, gain 1 charge. When have 20 of these charges, can expend them to activate Fearsome Invulnerability. Triggers an intimidate effect when used, lasts for 30 seconds, and for its duration you have DR 100/Epic, resistance 200 to Fire/Cold/Electricity/Acid and HP regens at a very swift rate.

    This one is intimidate effect, with DR 100/epic, resist 200 for various elements and regeneration. Not bad, almost as good as 2d6...


    Exalted Angel
    Reborn in Light Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 30mins) Each time you gain Endless Ardor or Righteous Fervor you gain a counter. When it reaches 100, ability becomes available.
    Epic Moment Transformation: You are healed to full health and activate Ascendance, Angelic Presence, and Astral Vibrance--even if they are currently on cooldown. For 2 minutes (or until you leave Angelic form), you are immune to light damage, gain 50% Incorporeality, and gain +100 Light and Healing Power. This ability can be used while dead, bringing you back at full health and in addition to the above benefits, the cooldowns of Light and Positive Energy spells are reduced to 1/5th normal, all spells cost 50% spell points. All of your physical attacks gain On Hit 100 Light damage and On Critical destroy evil undead or evil outsiders under 1000 hit points.

    Very cool things here: full heal, immunity to light damage, 50% incorporeality, boost to heals, can be used while dead and get a ressurection, spell cost halved, and the best, +100 damage of light on each attack, and a vorpal-like effect on undead and evil outsider. 2d6 FTW!


    Fatesinger
    Turn of the Tide: (Active Cooldown: 10 mins) Spontaneous Song (expend a song to activate). Turn of the Tide grants a full BAB, +3 to hit, +40% damage, DR 15/-, a +4 Charisma, and deals +5d10 +75 Sonic damage and +5d10 +75 Light damage per hit. (This magical damage does not affect Bosses.) While under the effects of Turn of the Tide, rolling a 1 on a Will save is not an automatic failure. Duration: 20 seconds.

    Another good one, full BAB, +3 to hit, +40% damage, DR 15 to anything, +5d10+75 sonic damage and +5d10+75 light damage (anyone can point out a mob that is immune to sonic? or light?).


    Fury of the wild
    Unbridled Fury Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 5mins) Every three seconds, for thirty seconds, you gain Adrenaline Overload: Your next attack deals +400% damage and has +16 critical threat range and confirmation of critical hits. While this is active and you fight with a two handed weapon, Glancing Blows produced on enemies around you when you stand still and attack deal +100% damage and have 100% chance of triggering weapon effects. You gain the feats Two-Handed Fighting, Improved Two-Handed Fighting, and Greater Two-Handed Fighting for the duration. Requires and consumes 10 Fury. You gain 1 Fury each time you land a Vorpal Strike with a melee attack (roll a natural 20 and confirm the critical hit).

    Yay, 10 clicks of adrenaline at 400%!


    Grandmaster of Flowers
    Everything is Nothing Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 50 Ki) Perfect Peace counter increments each time you use Stunning Fist, Quivering Palm, Lily petal, Orchid blossom, Drifting Lotus or A Scattering of Petals. When Perfect Peace counter reaches 25, gain the ability to use Everything is Nothing. On activation Enemies in a large radius from you must make a saving throw (DC 20 + character level +1/2 wis mod) or be erased from multiverse. If they succeed at saving throw they are paralyzed for 6 seconds. After 6 seconds the enemies take 1000 damage (fortitude for half). Bosses take damage immediately.

    Really, don´t even need to comment this one...


    Legendary Dreadnought
    Master's Blitz Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 5 mins) The Master's Blitz counter increments each time a Tactical Feat is successfully used. When the counter reaches 50, you gain ability to use Master's Blitz. Activate For 15 seconds, you gain +50% dodge and deal +25% melee damage. Any time you kill an opponent while under the effects of Master's Blitz, you gain an additional stack of the melee damage bonus and restart the duration. If you are below 50% health when you first activate this ability, you start with two stacks of increased damage instead of one. The damage bonus stacks up to 10 times, and decrements by 1 each time you do not kill a worthy opponent within 15 seconds.

    This one is what i think looks like more roguish: 50% dodge, +25% melee damage, stackable when you kill something... Can i have it? Prety prety plz???


    Magister
    Nullmagic Aura Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 1sec) Each time nullmagic guard or strike activates, you gain 1 charge. When have you 30 charges, can activate nullmagic aura. Allies and yourself are immune to harmful spells for 20 seconds.

    Immunity to spells, this is the second worst epic moment i think, can only win to 2d6...


    Shiradi Champion
    Audience with the Queen: Active Ability: (Cooldown 2min 34seconds) Pop off for some tea with your lady, the queen of summer, returning a few seconds later. Depending on your diplomacy with the queen, you may experience effects either favorable or ill, though the tea is always delicious. (Diplomacy Check)

    I don´t really know what this one does, but i heard you get a full heal and some other things, not so bad.


    Unyielding Sentinel
    Undying Vanguard Epic Moment: Active Ability: (Cooldown 5mins) You gain one stack of Unyielding Resolve whenever you are hit or missed, physically or magically. When you accumulate 200 stacks of Unyielding Resolve, you may expend all stacks to heal yourself for 1000 HP and gain 10,000 temporary HP for 20 seconds.

    Heal 1000HP and a pool of 10000 HP more. That´s what a tank want!

    I guess i made my point. Just need some dev to come here coment, but i really doubt it.

  13. #193
    The Hatchery jejeba86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Better than 35%.
    Actually worse!

    When we do the attack, we have 35% of activating.

    If we pass this roll,, now there is the DC for the struck creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

  14. #194
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    Actually worse!

    When we do the attack, we have 35% of activating.

    If we pass this roll,, now there is the DC for the struck creature.
    How is 65% chance of succeding a roll worse than 35% ?

  15. #195
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    How is 65% chance of succeding a roll worse than 35% ?
    I *think* he's saying it's 35% chance that it procs, not 65%.

  16. #196
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    New lamannia build:

    Max shadow charges still capped to 7

    Executioner's strike/shot ( ranged version, rank 1 ) still broken. This time the tooltip shows the correct dc, but mobs keep making their save every single time. I was toying around with 51 dc in king's forest.
    Also there's no additional damage on successful saves.


    Edit: after countless tries I did manage to kill a cr22 drow warrior with executioner's shot. Combat log says: (Combat): you hit Drow Warrior with Execution.
    Most likely the drow rolled 1 on his save, so even if the tooltip is right, the actual dc is broken ( much like consume ).
    Also every time a mob makes the save nothing pops up in the combat log.
    Last edited by Voldomar; 11-02-2012 at 09:06 AM.

  17. #197
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voldomar View Post
    New lamannia build:

    Max shadow charges still capped to 7

    Executioner's strike/shot ( ranged version, rank 1 ) still broken. This time the tooltip shows the correct dc, but mobs keep making their save every single time. I was toying around with 51 dc in king's forest.
    Also there's no additional damage on successful saves.


    Edit: after countless tries I did manage to kill a cr22 drow warrior with executioner's shot. Combat log says: (Combat): you hit Drow Warrior with Execution.
    Most likely the drow rolled 1 on his save, so even if the tooltip is right, the actual dc is broken ( much like consume ).
    Also every time a mob makes the save nothing pops up in the combat log.

    Can you test it after this new manteinance? Any news on the DC broken?

  18. #198
    The Hatchery jejeba86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    I *think* he's saying it's 35% chance that it procs, not 65%.
    Indeed.
    Tid, whenever you use the ability, you'll have 35% chance to activate it. After activating, the creature shall pass a DC.

    That means you have 65% chance, at least, to do nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

  19. #199
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Can you test it after this new manteinance? Any news on the DC broken?
    Done. Still broken ( either that or I'm having an endless streak of bad luck )
    Last edited by Voldomar; 11-05-2012 at 11:44 AM.

  20. #200
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    Indeed.
    Tid, whenever you use the ability, you'll have 35% chance to activate it. After activating, the creature shall pass a DC.

    That means you have 65% chance, at least, to do nothing at all.
    And I'm saying that with my suggestion, you'll have 65% chance to activate it. After activating, the creature shall pass a DC.

    That means you have 35% chance, at least, to do nothing at all.


    Is it clearer now?


    Done. Still broken ( either that or I'm having an endless streak of bad luck )
    Of course. Thanks.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload