Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 260
  1. #221
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Here you go...

    Orange-named in Detour on normal... He was at full health. One shotted him...



    I tested a bit more and it worked on the trash mobs too... For a point of reference, I only have one rank in it. That might be a difference... Maybe 3 ranks is bugged?
    Last edited by Thrudh; 11-20-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  2. #222
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Here you go...

    Orange-named in Detour on normal... He was at full health. One shotted him...

    I tested a bit more and it worked on the trash mobs too... For a point of reference, I only have one rank in it. That might be a difference... Maybe 3 ranks is bugged?
    Thanks.

    No, I have one rank of it too. What's your DC?

    I think still it's weird that it does nothing at all for me. Not even in the Vale of Twilight, nothing in the combat log. Nothing.

  3. #223
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    DC was 51 I think (I had 7 shadow charges running)... Note that the orange-named I attacked was a caster, so he probably had a weak fort save.

    I'd like to see them add some more info into the combat log, so we can see when it fails to go off compared to when the mob saves against the effect.

    No idea why it doesn't work for you in the Vale... I'll try to go there tonight and test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  4. #224
    Community Member MalarKan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    197

    Default Fun fact

    Vale of Twilight is pretty bugged, you know... you cant run over water as a dark monk... i wouldnt be surprised if why execution strike wont work there turns out to be for exact same -F'd up- reason :P

    cheers all!
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

  5. #225
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalarKan View Post
    Vale of Twilight is pretty bugged, you know... you cant run over water as a dark monk... i wouldnt be surprised if why execution strike wont work there turns out to be for exact same -F'd up- reason :P

    cheers all!
    I'm gonna try somewhere else.

  6. #226
    Community Member Mercureal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    This may sound like a dumb question (in fact, it may *be* a dumb question), but did you have Shadow Charges when you tried Executioner's Strike?
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

  7. #227
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    This may sound like a dumb question (in fact, it may *be* a dumb question), but did you have Shadow Charges when you tried Executioner's Strike?
    Yes. But you don't need shadow charges to perm Executioner's Strike.

  8. #228
    Community Member Mercureal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I thought it needed charges to get the death % proc. But it's an irrelevant question if you had charges and still consistently got nothing.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

  9. #229
    Community Member benneburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Executioner's Strike has been working great for me since update 16, excellent ability. Not tried Consume yet, will need at least 8 points more to spend in Shadowdancer before considering that.


    benne^
    We're not here on a quest to rescue a man named Arlos, we're here to punish some Kobolds.

  10. #230
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    I've been using Executioner's Strike on live and it works.

    Update 16, patch 1:

    - Consume's DC is still not shown -> It's still broken.
    - Dark Imbuement is still a 2d6 damage, rather pathetic damage and the hardest epic moment to charge

  11. #231
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Just posting here, the same old bugs that we have heard nothing in a while:

    Quote Originally Posted by obscure.jester View Post
    charges work generally fine for me except some random times when i dont get the charge after a marking strike + kill.
    what is heavily bugged instead is meld into darkness.
    1) it has a useless backtumble animation, delaying the effect.
    2) if i use it while fighting (hitting or doing anything else than standing still), there's 100% chance the trigger wont happen but it still starts the cooldown.
    3) even if i stand still, the effect starts 1 second after the useless animation has ended.

    being just a bunch of seconds for a very long cooldown, it's a total waste as long as it stays this way.
    Meld Into Darkness is heavily bugged: 3 on 4 times, the buff won't show up at all because of it's useless animation. Even if you wait 1 sec without doing anything (and it's already very risky), sometimes it just doesn't do anything but triggering the cooldown.

    Get rid of the animation and just use the same code as Haste/Dmg/etc boosts.

    Quote Originally Posted by akiraproject24 View Post
    Hey I wanted to test out what was mentioned earlier about cloak of shadows giving +1 charge, and shrouding strike giving the +2 charges per tier.

    I picked up the 3rd tier of shrouding strike, cloak of shadows trained and now I can reach the full 7 shadow charges.

    Of note having had just 2 tiers of shrouding strike trained with cloak of shadows and shadow manip, consume, shadow form trained---I was stuck at 5 charges.

    I would definately agree that shrouding strike works per description as does cloak of shadows. I would also definately say that shadow manipulation, consume and shadow form DO NOT grant +1 max shadow charge as described. Ive bug reported this twice now. On another thread I wrote a dev did chime in saying he would look at it.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=397104
    Another one:

    Only cloak of the shadows is giving the +1 Max charge at the moment. All the other abilities aren't. Max possible charges are 7 (6 from Shrouding strike, 1 from Cloak of shadows).


    So, summing it up, the major bugs of shadowdancer:

    - Meld Into Darkness is bugged. The animation is bugged, triggering cooldown but doing nothing. Suggesting to change the code to make it work like the many normal Enhancement's boosts.
    - Consume, Shadow form, Shadow manipulation aren't giving the +1 Maximum charge.
    - Consume's DC is still broken. It doesn't show up, nor does it say how it is calculated and heavily broken.
    - Oncoming Darkness is still 2d6 dmg, too low for an Epic Moment.

  12. #232
    Community Member irnimnode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Just posting here, the same old bugs that we have heard nothing in a while:



    Meld Into Darkness is heavily bugged: 3 on 4 times, the buff won't show up at all because of it's useless animation. Even if you wait 1 sec without doing anything (and it's already very risky), sometimes it just doesn't do anything but triggering the cooldown.

    Get rid of the animation and just use the same code as Haste/Dmg/etc boosts.



    Another one:

    Only cloak of the shadows is giving the +1 Max charge at the moment. All the other abilities aren't. Max possible charges are 7 (6 from Shrouding strike, 1 from Cloak of shadows).


    So, summing it up, the major bugs of shadowdancer:

    - Meld Into Darkness is bugged. The animation is bugged, triggering cooldown but doing nothing. Suggesting to change the code to make it work like the many normal Enhancement's boosts.
    - Consume, Shadow form, Shadow manipulation aren't giving the +1 Maximum charge.
    - Consume's DC is still broken. It doesn't show up, nor does it say how it is calculated and heavily broken.
    - Oncoming Darkness is still 2d6 dmg, too low for an Epic Moment.

    got to agree with you on all of this tried all of them seemed to me they were not working the way they were suppose to also dark imbuement could not get it to work either. Meld into darkness seemed to work most of the time at first but now seem it is on again off again idk thought maybe i was doing something wrong

  13. #233
    Community Member arcattaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Here you go...

    Orange-named in Detour on normal... He was at full health. One shotted him...

    I tested a bit more and it worked on the trash mobs too... For a point of reference, I only have one rank in it. That might be a difference... Maybe 3 ranks is bugged?
    I have tested Executioner's Shot(ranged version, rank1) a bit today, in Vale of Twilight. Unfortunately, I think ES is still bugged.. I have used it enough times, but only 1 instant death observed.

    Although the DC shown on the panel is 51, in most of the time, you will see a "Save".

    The chance to trigger instance kill should be correct. For repeating crossbows, you shot 3 bolts in a row, it seems each bolt has a chance to trigger it, because most of the time I see 1 save, sometimes no save and rarely 2 saves. Approximately to 35%.

    The damage part (rank1=50damage) on a successful save is also bugged.

    Here is my screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #234
    Community Member barecm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    2,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcattaii View Post
    I have tested Executioner's Shot(ranged version, rank1) a bit today, in Vale of Twilight. Unfortunately, I think ES is still bugged.. I have used it enough times, but only 1 instant death observed.

    Although the DC shown on the panel is 51, in most of the time, you will see a "Save".

    The chance to trigger instance kill should be correct. For repeating crossbows, you shot 3 bolts in a row, it seems each bolt has a chance to trigger it, because most of the time I see 1 save, sometimes no save and rarely 2 saves. Approximately to 35%.

    The damage part (rank1=50damage) on a successful save is also bugged.

    Here is my screenshot.
    It doesn't work yet. Tested extensively, filled out bug reports since update 14. Has never worked in live despite the devs saying is should be working. Ranged usually is the ugly step child, so I am not surprised it doesn't work yet.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

  15. #235
    Community Member arcattaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    It doesn't work yet. Tested extensively, filled out bug reports since update 14. Has never worked in live despite the devs saying is should be working. Ranged usually is the ugly step child, so I am not surprised it doesn't work yet.
    Yea I am not expecting it working correctly as well :P, but Thrudh said it works and posted a screenshot.

    Maybe the melee version is fixed, but the ranged is surely not.

    I just want to clarify it's still bugged to the devs and don't want them think it's already fixed.

  16. #236
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Just posting here, the same old bugs that we have heard nothing in a while:



    Meld Into Darkness is heavily bugged: 3 on 4 times, the buff won't show up at all because of it's useless animation. Even if you wait 1 sec without doing anything (and it's already very risky), sometimes it just doesn't do anything but triggering the cooldown.

    Get rid of the animation and just use the same code as Haste/Dmg/etc boosts.



    Another one:

    Only cloak of the shadows is giving the +1 Max charge at the moment. All the other abilities aren't. Max possible charges are 7 (6 from Shrouding strike, 1 from Cloak of shadows).


    So, summing it up, the major bugs of shadowdancer:

    - Meld Into Darkness is bugged. The animation is bugged, triggering cooldown but doing nothing. Suggesting to change the code to make it work like the many normal Enhancement's boosts.
    - Consume, Shadow form, Shadow manipulation aren't giving the +1 Maximum charge.
    - Consume's DC is still broken. It doesn't show up, nor does it say how it is calculated and heavily broken.
    - Oncoming Darkness is still 2d6 dmg, too low for an Epic Moment.
    I am not really sure what you mean about consume's dc other then it does not pop up on the combat log. Consume appears to work fine otherwise.

    I actually think that consume, shadow form and Shadow manipulation are applying a -1to shadow charges instead of a +1. I can not seem to get above 3 charges whereas before swapping my destiny around and not having shadow form, consume, and shadow manipulation I could have 6 charges..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  17. #237
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am not really sure what you mean about consume's dc other then it does not pop up on the combat log. Consume appears to work fine otherwise.

    I actually think that consume, shadow form and Shadow manipulation are applying a -1to shadow charges instead of a +1. I can not seem to get above 3 charges whereas before swapping my destiny around and not having shadow form, consume, and shadow manipulation I could have 6 charges..
    Consume's DC is broken means that I can't kill mobs in EE with a SUPPOSED 50+ DC. That's no-sense. We have no idea how it is calculated so I can't even know what my DC is. That's stupid.

    And no, they are not giving -1 Max charges. I'm getting the supposed max 7 charges everytime with just Cloak of Shadows.

  18. #238
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Consume's DC is broken means that I can't kill mobs in EE with a SUPPOSED 50+ DC. That's no-sense. We have no idea how it is calculated so I can't even know what my DC is. That's stupid.
    I use the consume ability and see mobs die. Not alot of mobs because my dcs is mediocre but some nevertheless.


    And no, they are not giving -1 Max charges. I'm getting the supposed max 7 charges everytime with just Cloak of Shadows.
    Yet another person with great reading comprehension. Before I picked up consume and these other shadowdancer destiny +1 max charge things I had 6-7 max charges myself, but when I picked up all the shadowdancer +1 max charge things like consume I only have a max of 3 charges. i.e. Instead of adding +1 these destiny abilities are subtracting 1 from the max charges.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  19. #239
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I use the consume ability and see mobs die. Not alot of mobs because my dcs is mediocre but some nevertheless.

    Video or SSyour combat log, your INT and Consume in EE quests. More than 1 screenshot would be nice. You would kill a mob even with 20 DC if they roll a 1, that's not a point. I can't even kill things properly in EN content. And how is it calculated? It is something we NEED to know to improve ourselves.

    Yet another person with great reading comprehension. Before I picked up consume and these other shadowdancer destiny +1 max charge things I had 6-7 max charges myself, but when I picked up all the shadowdancer +1 max charge things like consume I only have a max of 3 charges. i.e. Instead of adding +1 these destiny abilities are subtracting 1 from the max charges.[/QUOTE]

    You missunderstood me. Talk about great reading comprehension skills.

    I have Shadow Form, Manipulation and Consume and I'm still getting 7 charges because only cloak of shadows is working properly. They are not giving -1 Max charges like you are stating, you are the only one bringing this up. Screenshot your tree and your three max charges after killing the 4th marked mob.

    Are you sure you have 3/3 Shrouding Strike?

  20. #240

    Default

    If any of the developers are still reading this thread:

    You guys should tag “Executioner’s Strike” as an “Assassination” effect. This would give non-rogues a reason to pick up the “Stealthy” enhancement over “Shadow Lance”. And, it could give Feather-of_Sun a reason to give us some more Assassination items. (ex. Epic Midnight Greetings.)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload