Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    And I'm saying that with my suggestion, you'll have 65% chance to activate it.
    Hummm, did not see your suggestion. My bad.

But you wrote the wrong number in your first sentence, which made me correct you:

Ah, even worse than I thought. DC is already in the high 40-barely 50, then we have a 35% chance to not see anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    Hummm, did not see your suggestion. My bad.

But you wrote the wrong number in your first sentence, which made me correct you:
    True, didn't notice it also!

Anyway, Executioner's strike and Consume still not applying corrently, DC is messed up. The tooltip shows the correct DC but it's not working (not even on the rats in vale, they keep making their save) as Voldomar Stated.

Can I ask a simple question?

What is Shadow Mastery innate supposed to do? (Beyond giving Evasion, that is).

From DDOWiki, which is pretty much accurate in game as well:

Shadow Mastery: Passive Bonus: You now have evasion. In addition, when you roll a natural 20 on a melee or ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, granting it 5% vulnerability to physical damage and removing its immunity to sneak attack for a short duration, if applicable.
    It's the last part that confuses me. "Removing its immunity to sneak attack for a short duration". What is that supposed to do? Is it:

1. Removes the requirement to not have Aggro in order to be able to land a sneak attack?

2. Removes any protection from Sneak attack ,such as having Fortification or being Undead?

3. Supposed to do both of the above?

4. Does none of the above and does something else entirely?

In my testing with the Dummy, I definitely see the 12s Debuff being applied to the Dummy under harmful effects when I do a vorpal strike, but I certainly never see any sneak attack being applied, and this is both when the dummy is 'alert' and helpless.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Can I ask a simple question?

What is Shadow Mastery innate supposed to do? (Beyond giving Evasion, that is).

From DDOWiki, which is pretty much accurate in game as well:

It's the last part that confuses me. "Removing its immunity to sneak attack for a short duration". What is that supposed to do? Is it:

1. Removes the requirement to not have Aggro in order to be able to land a sneak attack?

2. Removes any protection from Sneak attack ,such as having Fortification or being Undead?

3. Supposed to do both of the above?

4. Does none of the above and does something else entirely?

In my testing with the Dummy, I definitely see the 12s Debuff being applied to the Dummy under harmful effects when I do a vorpal strike, but I certainly never see any sneak attack being applied, and this is both when the dummy is 'alert' and helpless.
    I just checked, and it removes any protection that the enemy has from Sneak attack (being Undead, a slime, etc.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    I just checked, and it removes any protection that the enemy has from Sneak attack (being Undead, a slime, etc.)
    Can we have any news about Executioner's Strike and Consume's DC? They appear to be still broken after Voldomar's report (a couple of replies above).

Can we have any news about Executioner's Strike and Consume's DC? They appear to be still broken after Voldomar's report (a couple of replies above).
    Here is the deal with executioners shot/strike. They took something that could be very enticing and nerfed it to where it sucks to the point of not using. To be honest, the monk epic moment is so much better right now than everything else, it makes everything else look more like heroic moments rather than epic moments. I am really not happy with how bad most are comparitively. Executioners strike would have been nice without the 35% chance tied to it. If the want to make it less OP, then give it a cooldown that is appropriate. 1-2 minute cooldown for a single target instakill ability is not OP comapred to an aoe instakill with a 5 minute timer. Adding the 35% chance just makes it worthless.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Executioners Shot is still not working. Although the DC appears to be fixed at least visually (it no longers lists my rangers DC as 28 and is properly listed at 54), all mobs still save. I am in the vale and have tested over 100 procs, not just shots, and every one had a save. I have yet to see a kill. Still busted.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Here is the deal with executioners shot/strike. They took something that could be very enticing and nerfed it to where it sucks to the point of not using. To be honest, the monk epic moment is so much better right now than everything else, it makes everything else look more like heroic moments rather than epic moments. I am really not happy with how bad most are comparitively. Executioners strike would have been nice without the 35% chance tied to it. If the want to make it less OP, then give it a cooldown that is appropriate. 1-2 minute cooldown for a single target instakill ability is not OP comapred to an aoe instakill with a 5 minute timer. Adding the 35% chance just makes it worthless.
    That's true. I also think that the 35% chance is garbage hence why I suggested to make it, at least, 65%.

Also, you can't compare it with Everything is Nothing, Executioner's Strike isn't an epic moment and should be inferior. However, it's also true that SD's Epic moment, Oncoming Darkness, is the most lame ability. Hard to charge, 2d6 only, worthless and wasted points.

It's going Live AGAIN bugged, I see. What a disappointment. 5 months after MotU and Consume, Executioner's strike and Oncoming Darkness are still broken.

That's true. I also think that the 35% chance is garbage hence why I suggested to make it, at least, 65%.

Also, you can't compare it with Everything is Nothing, Executioner's Strike isn't an epic moment and should be inferior. However, it's also true that SD's Epic moment, Oncoming Darkness, is the most lame ability. Hard to charge, 2d6 only, worthless and wasted points.

It's going Live AGAIN bugged, I see. What a disappointment. 5 months after MotU and Consume, Executioner's strike and Oncoming Darkness are still broken.
    Yes, my bad, it is not an epic moment. But on your other point I agree 100%. Things STILL not working correctly 5 months after being released. Considering the premium charged is in some cases $80.00, I would expect a little more than this junk. This is not the only Epic Destiny feature currently not working. I really lost a lot of faith, similar to the Mod 5 debacle Abbot). It took a long, long time for me to regain respect for Turbine and then they release the expansion, charged us a lot for it and it is broken in many places and was not a complete release (many missing EDs cleric, artificer, druid) and still they can't get it right. Very disappointing and continuing to disappoint. I would be embarrassed if I were a Turbine developer with this quality of late. Incomplete releases, extended unplanned downtime each release, can't get seasonal events launched / working corretctly. Just bad. They need to circle the wagons and maybe get some new talent on staff. Mod 16 will bring a new host of issues that will see more downtime and probably impact the Mabar II they want to do since I am guessing they did not test whatever fixes they are mulling over with the new content. Maybe, just maybe, they get back to basics and follow the SDLC for releases.
    Last edited by barecm; 11-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Community Member

Apparently this forum is looked at once per month and we can't have a real conversation with the Developer in charge of this.

Consume and Executioner's strike tomorrow are going to be broken into Update 16 live AGAIN.

Voldomar first reported it to be broken the 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM.

2 Lamannia builds later, no Devs have read this, looked into this, done anything to fix this. And yet Shadowdancer's destiny remains the King of Broken Destiny with its main features broken.

So much disappointment.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Shadowdancer DC

The fix for Consume and Executioner's Strike DC should have made it to Live. I believe that this fix was added after the last prop to Lamannia but before U16 went live. If you are still having issues, please let me know!

Executioners shot/strike is still completely useless.

Consume seems to be fixed. My maxed evoc/int arty was killing lots of mob on EH content with it. Although I still can't see my darned Dc to know for sure.

Community Member

Consume is still broken. Ditto for Executioner's strike.

Consume is still not killing any mob on live, not even the wilderness ones. Executioner's Strike is the same, not applying the Death chance, not killing any mobs into Vale of Twilight either.

INT is 42 (+16):
    DEX is 36 (+13)

Executioner's Strike DC: 7 + 25 + 13 + 6 charges = 51 DC.

Consume's DC: Not shown.

Both bugged.

Dark Imbuement is still 2d6, when are you working on it again? 2d6 is rather pathetic for an EPIC MOMENT and the most difficult to charge at the moment.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    The fix for Consume and Executioner's Strike DC should have made it to Live. I believe that this fix was added after the last prop to Lamannia but before U16 went live. If you are still having issues, please let me know!
    Dude... really? Let you know if it doesn't work? How about checking it out yourselves? Oh, by the way... it ain't working.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Question

ok i am new at playing a rouge what activate's th dark imbuement feat?

Community Member

Consume is still broken. Ditto for Executioner's strike.

Consume is still not killing any mob on live, not even the wilderness ones. Executioner's Strike is the same, not applying the Death chance, not killing any mobs into Vale of Twilight either.

INT is 42 (+16):
    DEX is 36 (+13)

Executioner's Strike DC: 7 + 25 + 13 + 6 charges = 51 DC.

Consume's DC: Not shown.

Both bugged.

Dark Imbuement is still 2d6, when are you working on it again? 2d6 is rather pathetic for an EPIC MOMENT and the most difficult to charge at the moment.
    Any new test for this, Squeak, Feather? Live atm and bugged. Again.

Also, Some abilities are not granting the +1 Max shadow charge. Not sure which ones but I have a T3 Shrouding Strike + Shadow Manipulation + Cloak of Shadows + Shadow form and I should have 9 Max charges. At the moment, I can only have 7 of them.

I have killed numerous epic mobs with Executioner's strike...

You can see it proc in the combat log...

I don't mind the 35% chance, since the cool-down is so short... I might be okay with a 100% proc chance with a longer cool-down...

But I sure wouldn't call Exectioner's strike worthless.

I don't have Consume, so I can't comment on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Also, Some abilities are not granting the +1 Max shadow charge. Not sure which ones but I have a T3 Shrouding Strike + Shadow Manipulation + Cloak of Shadows + Shadow form and I should have 9 Max charges. At the moment, I can only have 7 of them.
    This part is indeed true... 7 charges appears to be the max. Is that WAI?
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I have killed numerous epic mobs with Executioner's strike...

You can see it proc in the combat log...

I don't mind the 35% chance, since the cool-down is so short... I might be okay with a 100% proc chance with a longer cool-down...

But I sure wouldn't call Exectioner's strike worthless.

I don't have Consume, so I can't comment on that.
    No idea how you are killing stuff with it. I've tested it many, many times in VALE OF TWILIGHT and it didn't kill a single rat. In the combat log nothing appears, not even when it fails the DC.

Can you post a screenshot of your combat log whenever it procs?
    On what difficulty you are killing them? Are you alone? Have you the aggro? Are you sure you are killing them cause of ExStrike and not because they are slivered already?

And about the 7 charges max. No, it's not WAI obviously or what would the point be to have all those abilities with +1 Max charges? All pre-requisite of each other, so you at least HAVE to take two of them.

No idea how you are killing stuff with it. I've tested it many, many times in VALE OF TWILIGHT and it didn't kill a single rat. In the combat log nothing appears, not even when it fails the DC.

Can you post a screenshot of your combat log whenever it procs?
    On what difficulty you are killing them? Are you alone? Have you the aggro? Are you sure you are killing them cause of ExStrike and not because they are slivered already?

And about the 7 charges max. No, it's not WAI obviously or what would the point be to have all those abilities with +1 Max charges? All pre-requisite of each other, so you at least HAVE to take two of them.
    I will try to get a screenshot tonight when I get home

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast