Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    I'm sure you've noticed, but with the rune arm on the dummy its alot about positioning. Theres some spots on the maindeck where I cant get ANY charges to hit, some where 2 always land, others for 3. The only way I get all 5 charges to land reliably on the dummy is to be standing directly next to it
    I use tovens. I see all four shots connect with the dummy. I see the dummy not react, not take damage, not do anything at all. Tovens fires in a straight line. Happens with any projectile in the game, I would guess about 15% of the time. Seen it on arti, savant, and monkcher.

Edit: If I had to guess, I would guess this is related to the ladder/edge jumping bug, where the shots get lost in client/server position arguments. I would guess this happens because missle animations have to pass through the target before you get an attack roll, or the target has to make a save.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 06-19-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

By the way, I'd love to see something like LD's Momentum Swing become the new Deepwood Sniper "sniper shot".
    1min cd, high [W] damage shot with threat range and crit damage multiplier modifiers.

Just sayin', as this is the "ranged ED", and the same devs may still be working on the enhancement overpass...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I use tovens. I see all four shots connect with the dummy. I see the dummy not react, not take damage, not do anything at all. Tovens fires in a straight line. Happens with any projectile in the game, I would guess about 15% of the time. Seen it on arti, savant, and monkcher.

Edit: If I had to guess, I would guess this is related to the ladder/edge jumping bug, where the shots get lost in client/server position arguments. I would guess this happens because missle animations have to pass through the target before you get an attack roll, or the target has to make a save.
    Ah, good, it's not just me.
    I've used runearms on mobs one character span away, direct targetting, them not moving, and gotten nothing- no miss dialogue, nothing. Just a shot out into the aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

Default Healing Spring

Due to it being positive energy healing can we boost its effectiveness by equipping a Devotion Item before casting it? And if it works do you need to hold the devotion stick the entire time or just on cast?

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceknight1 View Post
    Due to it being positive energy healing can we boost its effectiveness by equipping a Devotion Item before casting it? And if it works do you need to hold the devotion stick the entire time or just on cast?
    Yes you can boost it and if weraing a lore item it can crit just like any other healing spell. Enhancments also boost it. It all takes effect when you first cast it.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Community Member

Thank you for the helpful reply! +1

Community Member

its a shame you can't proc random positive effects or extra healing with heals/buffs. This destiny would have been a lot of fun on a cleric/favored soul. (would have also let me rationalize a cleric archer as not being horribly gimp)

The 7% abilities (Favorable winds, Fey Power, Stay Frosty, Rainbow and Stay Good) are scaling their damage with spellpower if they proc off of a spell but do not scale if they proc off a ranged weapon.

Are these abilities intended to work this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Arovin View Post
    The 7% abilities (Favorable winds, Fey Power, Stay Frosty, Rainbow and Stay Good) are scaling their damage with spellpower if they proc off of a spell but do not scale if they proc off a ranged weapon.

Are these abilities intended to work this way?
    Bumping to see if there is any official word on this.

Seems to give an even bigger advantage to spellcasters who already completely overshadow ranged combat.

I would love to see the spell power affect the procs from ranged attacks as well.

Seems to give an even bigger advantage to spellcasters who already completely overshadow ranged combat.

I would love to see the spell power affect the procs from ranged attacks as well.
    Unsurprising.

Casters deal more damage than archers.
    Archers get "helped" by gaining a new ability that requires them to stand still, while casters...accrue more power.
    Archers' new ability also doesn't work with Manyshot, because, you know, 20 seconds of great damage is too much already.
    Casters get better benefits with the archery/caster focused ED.

It all follows. Some dev was shot in the foot at archery camp when they were 6, and now are afraid to make bows any more deadly.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

Glad I read thing before getting my ranger blue dragon scale robes.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Unsurprising.

Casters deal more damage than archers.
    Archers get "helped" by gaining a new ability that requires them to stand still, while casters...accrue more power.
    Archers' new ability also doesn't work with Manyshot, because, you know, 20 seconds of great damage is too much already.
    Casters get better benefits with the archery/caster focused ED.

It all follows. Some dev took an arrow to the knee at archery camp when they were 6, and now are afraid to make bows any more deadly.

ftfy
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin
    That said, it is useful to know this is more from theoretical discussions and not playtesting. It seems like quite a few players just don't like percentage chances, which I respect, but these are better than vorpals, and due to rate of fire they are going to feel more consistent with a repeating crossbow, especially if you have 3+ different effects that can trigger with each shot at 7%, which is just about a 20% chance of something triggering on each hit.
    Are there any exceptions to this, with regards to spells and especially spells with variable caster level effects?
    For example, does Ice Storm have a 7% chance to proc X ranged stance each time it hits, and Wall of Fire has X chance for every time an enemy enters its radius? Does Lightning Bolt have two chances to proc X effect because of it's double-strike?
    Also, are ranged stances like Stay Good and Stay Frosty affected by spell power or arcane enhancements?
    Last edited by soulaeon; 07-13-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulaeon View Post
    Are there any exceptions to this, with regards to spells and especially spells with variable caster level effects?
    For example, does Ice Storm have a 7% chance to proc X ranged stance each time it hits, and Wall of Fire has X chance for every time an enemy enters its radius? Does Lightning Bolt have two chances to proc X effect because of it's double-strike?
    Also, are ranged stances like Stay Good and Stay Frosty affected by spell power or arcane enhancements?

Tested both ice storm and wall of fire. I have seen the procs on multiple ticks of both of these. Dots on the other hand only seem to proc on the 1st hit. Tested with creeping cold. I have never seen a proc of a defensive spell (fire shield and enveloping swarm)

The ranged stances stay good, stay frosty, rainbow as well as Favorable winds and Fey Power all scale with spell power. The scaling only happens with procs off of spells, spell like abilities and rune arms. There is no scaling when you proc one of these abilities off of a ranged attack.

Here, the Drow Warrior is supposed to be in the stopped pin state, however he is able to move towards me slowed and attack. If you hover over the two pin icons, they are different... the top one is the "stopped" pin and the one below is the "You are slowed" pin. That's probably the bug here, as they should both say "You are stopped". Right?

Also, when you hit a mob with the slow pin (meaning you hit it while its moving), only 1 icon pops up under "Your Harmful Effects" area. The slow pin icon is missing in the first status line.

Additionally, what I've been experience in testing is that the "You are stopped" pin seems to be inconsistent as to whether the mob will be totally immobile/doing nothing (drow archer, drow necromancer), partly immobile as if in the pin slowed state (drow warrior, wolf), or totally mobile (dire bear).

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    Here, the Drow Warrior is supposed to be in the stopped pin state, however he is able to move towards me slowed and attack. If you hover over the two pin icons, they are different... the top one is the "stopped" pin and the one below is the "You are slowed" pin. That's probably the bug here, as they should both say "You are stopped". Right?
    You always put the 'slow' effect on. You put the 'stop' effect on when the enemy wasn't moving, which effectively makes the 'slow' useless since it doesn't matter how slow you are if they can't move at all. Ideally the slow wouldn't show up when 'stopped', and we may fix that one day, but it's purely cosmetic and has no real effect.

Vargouille, any word on the damage scaling on spell like effects vs weapons?

Vargouille, any word on the damage scaling on spell like effects vs weapons?
    We'd like this to work for ranged combat. It's technically difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    That is sad for us ranged combatants, but thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    If it is only difficult and not impossible, it would be worth it to us archers.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast