Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Feedback: Shiradi Champion

Use this thread to provide specific feedback about this Epic Destiny! General Epic Destiny feedback should be keep to the main Epic Destiny thread.

Impressions post closed Beta:

It looks like there was a slight increase in the effectiveness of both the whister arrow and nerve toxin. Nerve toxin still does not hit often enough at tier 3 to justify the point spend. Whistler arrow works pretty good now, not great, but decent enough.

Double rainbow is awesome. It looks like it is procing a little bit more, but maybe it is becuase I had more time last night and saw it go off more? So, unsubstantiated there. Although I did see a dimension door proc once for a split second. I found that funny and unexpected.

All the rest is working similar. Healing spring is nice. I am having trouble understanding why it is blocking greensteel regen since the greensteel procs 2x as often and is only 2 points of life.

The big issue for me is hail of arrows or whatever it is called. It is set up as a 1x clickie at the top tier and lasts for 30 seconds. To me, that is a bit weak. I would expect 2-3 times clickie for a lvl 20 destiny. Also, it is broken. Despite resting at a shrine or at an inn, the clickie will not reset.

Also, somewhat unrelated:

-Cordovan is the man! Although I now no longer yearn for Epic Thornlord despite my 2+ year quest for the shard (last piece) as the damage was about what elastic bow does.
    -Manyshot still not working, which the devs were aware of last night
    -Arrow embues are back to working, which was awesome.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Double rainbow is awesome. It looks like it is procing a little bit more, but maybe it is becuase I had more time last night and saw it go off more? So, unsubstantiated there. Although I did see a dimension door proc once for a split second. I found that funny and unexpected.
    Double Rainbow and the Prism line remains 7%, along with Stay Good, Stay Frosty, Favorable Winds and Fey Power.

Dimension Door attempts to spawn much less than 7% of the time.

All the rest is working similar. Healing spring is nice. I am having trouble understanding why it is blocking greensteel regen since the greensteel procs 2x as often and is only 2 points of life.
    This is how any kind of damage or heal over time works: only the largest one takes effect. If you are hit with many acid DOTs, only the worst one takes effect, whether it ticks once per second or once per minute. "Worst" is the most damage over time, so something that's 1000 damage once per minute is stronger than 10 damage per second, since that's only 600 per minute.

The big issue for me is hail of arrows or whatever it is called. It is set up as a 1x clickie at the top tier and lasts for 30 seconds. To me, that is a bit weak. I would expect 2-3 times clickie for a lvl 20 destiny. Also, it is broken. Despite resting at a shrine or at an inn, the clickie will not reset.
    This the Epic Moment for Shiradi Champion. Every Destiny has something that starts at 0/1 and requires you to work up to it. In order to use Rain of Arrows you need to vorpal with ranged attacks 10 times, or proc offensive spells at a 7% rate 10 times (or a combination).

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

This is how any kind of damage or heal over time works: only the largest one takes effect. If you are hit with many acid DOTs, only the worst one takes effect, whether it ticks once per second or once per minute. "Worst" is the most damage over time, so something that's 1000 damage once per minute is stronger than 10 damage per second, since that's only 600 per minute.

This the Epic Moment for Shiradi Champion. Every Destiny has something that starts at 0/1 and requires you to work up to it. In order to use Rain of Arrows you need to vorpal with ranged attacks 10 times, or proc offensive spells at a 7% rate 10 times (or a combination).
    I have to disagree with the HoT statement as when I eat kargons ham, I get both regen effects. Also, I think you get both effects when eating jerky and having greensteel regen. plus, we are talking about different timers. So, maybe not ALL HoT but this case for sure.

Also, for the Epic Moment, maybe a little more explanation in the mouse over description as the current description doesn't say anthing about 10x vorpals. Actually, it references per rest if my memory serves correct.

Other than that, I am really impressed with the overall abilities. AOE was something completely missing from the arsenal (save tier 3 alchemical) and now it looks like we have some nice, albeit random, options.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Dimension Door spawning is funny, unexpected, but don't forget... awful. Casting dimension door unexpectedly is one of the 'best' griefing tools in the game. An unexpected click, and suddenly player(s) are locked out of a raid.

Please remove this fluff from the random procs. If the ddoor is functional, it will suck for whoever clicks on it. Best case it is a useless waste of time, and the worst case is really really bad.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by captainker View Post
    Dimension Door spawning is funny, unexpected, but don't forget... awful. Casting dimension door unexpectedly is one of the 'best' griefing tools in the game. An unexpected click, and suddenly player(s) are locked out of a raid.

Please remove this fluff from the random procs. If the ddoor is functional, it will suck for whoever clicks on it. Best case it is a useless waste of time, and the worst case is really really bad.

Thanks!
    From what I saw, it last for less than a second. I don't think anyone could even click on it. All i saw was a flash in the shape of a ddoor and assumed that is what it was.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    From what I saw, it last for less than a second. I don't think anyone could even click on it. All i saw was a flash in the shape of a ddoor and assumed that is what it was.
    Yet if it is a real DD it could be clicked in that split second as it would appear right on the mob you hit which is a common method for people to select a mob (it's either click the mob or tab target generally).

I hate fluff that can cause play issues. This sounds like that sort of thing exactly.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

Out of curiosity if your diplo was high enough to constantly get critical success with audience with the queen for the 100% double rainbow effect what would be the odds of getting dd on an attack? (with many shot going to)

also does any one have a list of prism stance effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
    Out of curiosity if your diplo was high enough to constantly get critical success with audience with the queen for the 100% double rainbow effect
    FYI! This buff isn't supposed to show up every time you critically succeed in addition to the other buffs. (It's a bug that it does.)

There are some few effects in Double Rainbow that are roughly one-in-a-million chance.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 06-14-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Community Member

FYI! This buff isn't supposed to show up every time you critically succeed in addition to the other buffs.

There are some few effects in Double Rainbow that are roughly one-in-a-million chance.
    I was really hoping i could use a diplo build and use audince offensivly T.T

guess its going to be a defense only ability unless you are feeling lucky.

If you can let us know which effects are the 1 in a million, If it is cool... I am going to shoot a million arrows just to see what happens. Seriously, I will.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Quickly tested audience with the queen. [Diplo DC not determined yet : < 35 so far]

First effect : 7s helpless&invulnerable at the same time, at the end of that part you're rolling a diplo dice to determine the other effects.

1. "Unyielding Sovereignty Curative effect", waiting to roll a 1 to know if this is 100% or not.

2. 'Cup of tea', a 12s buff that heals you for 200 hp per 2s tick, same as #1.

3. If you made a critical success on the diplo roll you're getting 'indulgences of a mad queen' : a buff that lasts 45s and grants the Double Rainbow effect with a 100% proc rate

4. A second buff starts at the same time as the first, but this one lasts 5 min. It can be "joy of the queen", "pleasure of the queen", etc... depending on your diplo roll. I'm guessing that a critical success grants joy, success grants pleasure, and fail grants... phail! All the listed effects here are 'joy'.

[6] +300 Royalty bonus to Maximum HP
    [7] +100 (50) Royalty bonus to Physical Resistance Rating
    [5] 75% (25%) Royalty bonus resistance to Acid Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic damage.
    [6] You have been healed, gain Royalty bonus +10 to all ability scores, and your spells may cause random effects on enemies.
    [4] +10 Royalty bonus to all saving throws

Numbers in [] are the number of times i saw this effect while testing. They seem to have equal %chance so far.
    Numbers in () are values for 'pleasure of the queen'
    Last edited by Malky; 06-07-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

I absolutely love the concept of random ddoors...

..rather, shouldn't we modify those raids? If it's a matter of preventing exploitation, here's an example of how to address it:
    Shroud: Each time the altar at the end of a section of shroud is clicked, a portal appears at the start of the quest for a brief duration. Once the last altar is clicked, that portal is permanent.

See? No more "Darn, someone ddoored on the party at the end of the quest", no more lockouts at any point, and yet no way to abuse it to heal up and retake on a section while its active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

On another semi-related note to the Destiny:
    Is there any chance of getting the remainder of the Favored Soul DRs [along with the Warforged Adamantine one] to stack additively?
    It'd make the DR 7/Cold Iron of Shiradi a great deal more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

I took this destiny on my wizard and found that I could only gain fey favor from spells while a bow was equipped. I tested spells with throwing weapons equipped and couldn't gain favor even with throwing daggers that wizards are proficient in, so it doesn't appear tied to proficiency.
    Krelith, Sobeka, Osteon, Zintaro, Krescendo, Kelgrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenji View Post
    I took this destiny on my wizard and found that I could only gain fey favor from spells while a bow was equipped. I tested spells with throwing weapons equipped and couldn't gain favor even with throwing daggers that wizards are proficient in, so it doesn't appear tied to proficiency.
    Hmm, sounds like a bug. Spells should be working regardless of weapon equipped to generate Favor of the Fey, and throwing weapons should work as well as bows or crossbows.

Community Member

I use it on my Arti and got the Prob that when i Conjure Bolts i hit me sometimes with a Random Dmg,must be a Problem with the Double Rainbow.
    EX EU Keeper Player new Home since 2009 Thelanis.

Alts:Kleineq,Nummon,Antep,Antep-1 and others
    Guild: Bacardi

Quote Originally Posted by dummeskind View Post
    I use it on my Arti and got the Prob that when i Conjure Bolts i hit me sometimes with a Random Dmg,must be a Problem with the Double Rainbow.
    Yes, apparently the fey are quite the tricksters. We're looking into fixing this.

Update: Apparently some spells were marked incorrectly, considering the caster to be his own enemy. Conjure Bolts was one of them, and noticeable because you're pretty likely to spam Conjure Bolts. Fixed internally now.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 06-08-2012 at 01:52 PM.

I twisted (and activated on a quick bar) stay frosty, and the sonic arrow attack and neither seemed to be working on my barcher. Ran all around the kings forest (and some other stuff) and never saw a cold damage, and the didn't get any extra damage when actively using the sonic/electric arrow attack (sorry forgetting the name).
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

Default Multishot

I have noticed the multishot not working, ever since i picked up some epic lvl's. I difficulty i have with this is i run a halfling ranger she is already squishy, but with out the ability to knock something out quickly to concentrate on the other "smaller" mobs i get killed a lot. I run around and solo a lot of places when i can but not being able to explore the new areas with out a Vital part of my arsenal so to speak.

Multishot is very effective in killing lesser mobs or knocking out a larger mob so you can kite the others and kill them. If this is going to continue to effect the epic ranger class i will not be plaything the new content even if i have already purchased it.

I have no idea what prism stance is supposed to do for us but ugg i have not see the benefits of it either, also to be blunt i know it is beta but charging 100k plus to reset tree is HUGE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast