Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by tanzer View Post
    Why does stand against the tide state "you gain 4 ADDITIONAL stacks" of the bonus, and yet the first, passive stack, does not provide immunity to knockdown via steadfast
    If you are saying that you are getting knocked down after you get Steadfast (level 5 in Unyielding Sentinel) while in Stand Against the Tide stance, that's a bug. I don't understand exactly what is wrong based on this comment.

Community Member

If I understand correctly, Tanzer's actually asking more than one question. Deciphering:

1. I should be getting immunity to knockdown due to Steadfast. This does not seem to work.
    2. There is a buff that is showing up, so I assume that that is the Steadfast effect, which isn't working, but is showing it's buff icon.
    3. Wait, now the nonworking buff is stacking? That doesn't make sense!

Tanzer, I cannot speak to whether or not the knockdown immunity is functioning or not (to test, simply go to a quest where you're guaranteed to have Jariliths attempt to trip you, such as soloing Ring of Fire and getting the Fire witch, or Earth Elemental, whichever it is, and let them go at you while you are Steadfast).

However, the buff you are seeing is actually something entirely different. You are seeing the stacking bonus that you receive for standing still in the Stand Against The Tide stance.

From the wiki:
    Stand Against the Tide (required 8): +2 Attack. Sentinel stance (Active Cooldown: 20secs) : +1 melee damage, 20% threat generation, 5% fort, +1 reflex/fort/will saves. These bonuses increases while standing still, up to 4 times.

The buff icon you are seeing is the counter building up for this (To be clear, specifically the bonuses to damage, threat generation, fort, and saves). Steadfast SHOULD be continuously applied while you are in SATT stance (WITHOUT a buff icon, as this is a passive enhancement), but like I said, that needs to be tested if you're saying that you're still getting knocked down as a level 5 Unyielding Sentinel currently in SATT stance.
    Last edited by EliahuTheMighty; 07-25-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Main toons: Kessem (Caster), Grubbly (Melee)
    Proud Noob of Band of Gypsys on Khyber.

i have noticed that there is huge 1-2 second delay in light the dark, most of the time looks like this, LTD is used, shows graphic effect -- 1-2seconds healing procs. its a deadly delay in bigger fights on high difficoulty quests.
    Last edited by bloodnose13; 12-26-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    i have noticed that there is huge 1-2 second delay in light the dark, most of the time looks like this, LTD is used, shows graphic effect -- 1-2seconds healing procs. its a deadly delay in bigger fights on high difficoulty quests.
    Primal Scream, which uses the same effect, suffers from the same problem.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Default I think so

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    If you are saying that you are getting knocked down after you get Steadfast (level 5 in Unyielding Sentinel) while in Stand Against the Tide stance, that's a bug. I don't understand exactly what is wrong based on this comment.
    Just off the top of my head, I seem to recall being tripped with Steadfast acquired, but I do also recall being immune to marilith overrun effects. More testing forthcoming.
    Character Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by SealedInSong View Post
    ...I seem to recall being tripped with Steadfast acquired, but I do also recall being immune to marilith overrun effects...
    I've had the same results. I don't remember exactaly what tripped me, but I have had it happen multiple times, but I've also never been knocked down by an overrun effect(ie: marilith, dragon, or the golem from VoN5), while Steadfast was active. Leads me to believe that it's working against overrun and not trip, but further testing would need to be done to confirm.
    Harmonious Balance: ~Nimzaraka~, ~Nimalika~, ~Nimfu~, ~Pseudonim~, Nimhish, ...more Nim's in other places
    DDOCast Build Guild: Limm Dul the Necromancer
    My Builds: The Thriller - Melee Shapeshifter(broken) - Battle Sniper

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678