Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

True true. but the same argument could be made for DPS pallys.

Hero

Vargouille: Legendary Shield Mastery in the open beta does not yet have Doublestrike. Is that still in the plan?
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Community Member

nnvm
    Last edited by meathook2012; 06-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Vargouille: Legendary Shield Mastery in the open beta does not yet have Doublestrike. Is that still in the plan?
    The buff on my bar for the 3rd tier is at least claiming that I'm getting 9% doublestrike from it.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by meathook2012 View Post
    Can we have Vigor of battle's healing amp stack please?
    It should be already, otherwise it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    Block energy (min level: 20) (3 ranks - 1 AP): (Passive) While blocking, absorb [10/20/30]% acid, cold, electric, fire, force, light and sonic damage

Is this no shield no service? Or does it work with all melee weapons?
    This works when you actively block, weapons and shields strictly optional.

There's only two shield related abilities, as this Destiny isn't intended strictly for shield users. If you want maximum defense, you'll still need a shield, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Yes, although the exact value may be subject to some balance tweaks.

Default Bugs

Heed no pain did not give me any physical resistance while out of stance. (Should give 10). This one sometimes gives me the correct value on the character sheet and sometimes doesn't. It may be due to switching destinies a lot while testing.

Steadfast gave no bonus to saves while out of stance. Instead, stand against the tide stance gave +2 to all saves per stack, not the intended +1.

Vigor of Battle's 10% healing amp is either not working at all or doesn't stack with racial enhancements. (Tested on a warforged with healers friend 2. I'm not sure if healing amp enhancements are working correctly yet so that could be the problem.)
    Last edited by Ryenji; 06-07-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Krelith, Sobeka, Osteon, Zintaro, Krescendo, Kelgrom

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It should be already, otherwise it's a bug.
    bug reported it during phase3 when i first tested it. 10% healing amp on (at least) dragontouched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenji View Post
    Heed no pain did not give me any physical resistance while out of stance. (Should give 10). This one sometimes gives me the correct value on the character sheet and sometimes doesn't. It may be due to switching destinies a lot while testing.

Steadfast gave no bonus to saves while out of stance. Instead, stand against the tide stance gave +2 to all saves per stack, not the intended +1.

Vigor of Battle's 10% healing amp is either not working at all or doesn't stack with racial enhancements. (Tested on a warforged with healers friend 2. I'm not sure if healing amp enhancements are working correctly yet so that could be the problem.)
    I just fixed Heed No Pain and Steadfast/Stand Against the Tide saving throws (internally, not current beta). It's true that they were not working.

I'll check into the healing amp issue.

Thanks for the reports.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryenji View Post
    (Tested on a warforged with healers friend 2. I'm not sure if healing amp enhancements are working correctly yet so that could be the problem.)
    yah thats been broken. Told Kookie every time a new phase been out (been broken since phase2, but was missed due to the other healing amp badness). They are working on it, but I havent heard a dev said that they are close to solving it besides Kookie saying someone is on it.

I play Izengar a level 25 pally with two full Epic destinies.... Both of which have issues....

Stances - I am a KotC III... So to have over 840 hps as an Elf is pretty fantastic to me.
    Healing Amp - I have a Healing amp for the first time My LoH Hit me for over 270 with the amp while before it was 240 without any amp and then with the purple dragon Knights Gauntlets I get over 350 so it works... for those that did not have an amp before at least.
    Light the Dark - Works very well for keeping your party members alive when the Healer bots go down. :P I can satisfy my inner healer. And with 7 LoH (3/3 Endless Lay on Hands) that recharge I am one hell of an in the fray back up healer. People should keep in mind that they are also Healing Everyone around them and they are not a Healer class, this makes Tanks and Dps Pallies better support in a quest. Pallies are not Solo questers and the whole Idea behind D&D is a PARTY... Socialization not Elitist Soloing. I do not mind sacrificing less than half what my LoH heals me for to be able to Heal everyone around me as well if you don't like the Sacrifice then why play a Paladin, as a character they are selfless not selfish.
    Spark of Life – Applying Deathblock to one's armor to free up a spot that may have been occupied of something kinda useless is pretty cool.
    Hardened (3/3) adds +10 to AC.... it is REAL nice ^^

Issue I have noticed when Running with others... (+Madfloyd and Rizzyn)
    Unbreakable(Stance) - +5 Sacred Bonus to AC doesn't appear in my AC list or stacking with other different ac boosts. Before applying the stance and after my ac is still 85 and I am not seeing the +10 or +20 Physical resistance I do not think so at least I could be wrong here.
    Undying Vanguard requires one to be hit/missed 500 (the counter stops at 500 when it should produce another stack and continue counting) times before the 'clicky' can be activated.... Though the 'Clicky' cannot be used till you rest it says 'This cannot be used till you rest again.' When one rests, passes through a door from one wilderness into another the counter Resets. So this seems a little useless and a waste of Epic APs but it would be a Fantastic Clicky when working right.

Edit: I had to...
    Last edited by Venny; 06-08-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Happily Deforming the Game one Leap of Faith at a time.

i havent notice steadfast anti-knockdown to work at all, tried it on astral cats and dire bears, does it require blocking to work? and yes i had stand against the tide on.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    i havent notice steadfast anti-knockdown to work at all, tried it on astral cats and dire bears, does it require blocking to work? and yes i had stand against the tide on.
    Steadfast Stance Test (Against Drow and Dire bears)- Standing still boosts Saves.... That I noticed instantly. I ran in to Kings forest to test Knock down alone... I went looking for Dire Bears and was surrounded by them Yay!!! Apart from them being unable to hit me most times they could not knock me down... I tried Blocking with my Light and Darkness(Not fixed) shield, I tried standing still with the shield and with two weapons in my hand, and even Swinging both weapons(Note: I do not have the feats for two weapon fighting.)... The result..... my cloak of night ate three of them... my Oathblade Vorpaled one and beat the other down with my shield, not once was I knocked down. Wither this is because I am fully geared or I waited for them to come to me; by then two of the additional +1 to my saves had been triggered. I will try this with Panthers but I was surrounded by five of them last night and lived and healed a Rogue I was partied with... With Light the Dark, I would also like it noted I wasn't knocked down or I did not notice if I was.... Will test again against Astral Panthers an Air Elementals and be sure to be in the stance and post with an update.
    Last edited by Venny; 06-08-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by meathook2012 View Post
    And btw.... somehow I have 4000%+ fortification... not sure how/why, but I do.
    I have this too. I can't remember the name but I think the ability that gives +40% fortification has a few extra zeros.

Brace for Impact is giving 2000% Fortification instead of 20% on current beta. Fixed internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Venny View Post
    Unbreakable(Stance) - +5 Sacred Bonus to AC doesn't appear in my AC list or stacking with other different ac boosts. Before applying the stance and after my ac is still 85 and I am not seeing the +10 or +20 Physical resistance I do not think so at least I could be wrong here.
    This bonus should be showing up as Natural Armor, and it should be working whether or not your stance is turned on (so turning it on wont' show a change). We'll try to make sure the text is more clear about this.

Undying Vanguard requires one to be hit/missed 500 (the counter stops at 500 when it should produce another stack and continue counting) times before the 'clicky' can be activated.... Though the 'Clicky' cannot be used till you rest it says 'This cannot be used till you rest again.' When one rests, passes through a door from one wilderness into another the counter Resets. So this seems a little useless and a waste of Epic APs but it would be a Fantastic Clicky when working right.
    We'll look into this, we might just need to cut 500 down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnose13 View Post
    This should not require active blocking to work. It's possible there's a bug here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This bonus should be showing up as Natural Armor, and it should be working whether or not your stance is turned on (so turning it on wont' show a change). We'll try to make sure the text is more clear about this
    so if you already have +5 nat armor this doesn't actualy give you anything? nice..

Quote Originally Posted by Cade_Wells View Post
    so if you already have +5 nat armor this doesn't actualy give you anything? nice..
    Don't be dense.

We have a bunch of effects that read as Natural Armor bonuses on the character sheet, even though they aren't. At some point, the devs decided that it's easier (I guess) to just lump things into NA or Dodge, than it is to list out every different type of bonus available. For instance, all three AC ship buffs are listed as a NA bonus when you check your character sheet, even though only one of them is typed that way (and it's a profane bonus to NA I think, from the kobold).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

I'd still like to see Smite Evil made more worthwhile the rest of the time, when it is doing +67 damage per activation. When you start a fight, that's pretty nice, but you quickly run through your smites and then end up with +67 damage 1/90 seconds (or 60 seconds if you invest in Epic Destiny ranks), which is rather poor, even with Exalted Smite increasing your chance to crit and crit damage. As an iconic paladin ability, it should probably do more.

I had proposed elsewhere several months ago that I'd like to see some abilities that change Smite Evil to chain (like Chain Lightning), or having combat effects tied to it (Trip, Stun, Sunder), or effects like Banishing and Disruption. I think these should come in the heroic levels, but a few of those, or something similar, could stand to make its way into Unyielding Sentinel.

Smite could cause a fortification penalty, AC debuff, to-hit debuff, or any number of other things to make it a bit more worthwhile using. If these were tied to crits, it would correspondingly make Exalted Smite more worthwhile, although I don't really want to push such an over-costed enhancement that much.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cade_Wells View Post
    From what I have read, seen and gathered is that Natural Armor stacks... So with that said it works. The Stance just wouldn't be one I am in often.

+5 Sacred Armor (Natural Armor) From the stance, +3 from my Purple Dragon gear, and Bark skin +5 = +13 Natural armor bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Venny View Post
    From what I have read, seen and gathered is that Natural Armor stacks... So with that said it works. The Stance just wouldn't be one I am in often.

+5 Sacred Armor (Natural Armor) From the stance, +3 from my Purple Dragon gear, and Bark skin +5 = +13 Natural armor bonus.
    This bonus is available whether or not in stance. Essentially level 1 Unyielding Sentinels get a flat +5 AC, via Sacred Natural Armor.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast