Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 221 to 233 of 233
  1. #221
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Just wanted to say with all the issues with these they should let everyone have one more shot at them before they expire even if they had one used just in case they got ninja'd
    So restart the circus music and put the clown make up back on for one more run of shenanigans?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  2. #222
    Community Member Tilliak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Gresham
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Meh, try and use the stone... How this would be consdered an exploit I have no idea... Even IF they could figure out that oyu did it...... It's not an exploit.. and besides they dont' do anything about that anymore. Even the worst of the worst get a rubberband snap to wrist... There were people caught with 50 +3 tomes a few months back that got 3 days AND kept the free stack of unbound +3's, alogn with the 200 mana pots., bezillions of plat, and renown...
    That's exactly what I did. I used the third stone a second time and the problem resolved itself. I just find it amazingly stupid that the GM couldn't have said, "Hey...why don't we try using it again and see what happens." Because...you know...it would take him less than 3 minutes to try that out and get some info on whether it worked or not. Guess the GM couldn't be bothered to actually do his job.

  3. #223
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    422

    Default

    So, I know I'm late to the game - I've taken some time off the game - but I did pre-order and recently logged in to pick up my stones. I used three, one on one of my own toons, and did receive the "extra" one in the mail....but did not receive the panther.

    Does using a stone on yourself not count?

    Does using three before picking up the mail with the "extra" cause the panther to not get mailed?

  4. #224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffyspiffy View Post
    Does using a stone on yourself not count?
    It does not.

  5. #225
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilliak View Post
    That's exactly what I did. I used the third stone a second time and the problem resolved itself. I just find it amazingly stupid that the GM couldn't have said, "Hey...why don't we try using it again and see what happens." Because...you know...it would take him less than 3 minutes to try that out and get some info on whether it worked or not. Guess the GM couldn't be bothered to actually do his job.


    No you see they DID do their job.... Assuming they said

    "Is there anything else I can NOT help you with today"?

    Glad it worked out for you though.

  6. #226
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    For a limited time only, take advantage of DDO’s newest limited time promotional item the Stone of Experience. Click here to learn more!
    Ok i have a question. If i already used a stone of experience on a server but then deleted that level 16 toon, is my account still flagged to not use the stone again on that server? And another question. Would i be able to use a stone of experience on a different server but then transfer that toon to the server i originally play and still be level 16?

  7. #227
    Founder Buckithalos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    2

    Default Have been away from DDO for a while but coming back for Underdark

    So I've been away from DDO for a while, but I am coming back for the Underdark with my regular group. The page describing the Stone of Experience says the promotion ends August 20.

    So is Braddack Bouldershoulder still in the harbor handing these out? If so, where is he? I can't find him.

  8. #228
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckithalos View Post
    So I've been away from DDO for a while, but I am coming back for the Underdark with my regular group. The page describing the Stone of Experience says the promotion ends August 20.

    So is Braddack Bouldershoulder still in the harbor handing these out? If so, where is he? I can't find him.
    Dunno if he's still there (I'd assume so, though) - if so, he'll be near the Marketplace entrance.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  9. #229
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Stone of experience Failed usage..

    Hi!

    I tried using the Stone of Experience (lvl 16) a friend gave me but it doesn't work, saying 'Failed Usage: an error occurred!' each time. My character is a lvl8 Barb so this should not pose any problem, still it does..

  10. #230
    Community Member xoowak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DKaneda View Post
    Hi!

    I tried using the Stone of Experience (lvl 16) a friend gave me but it doesn't work, saying 'Failed Usage: an error occurred!' each time. My character is a lvl8 Barb so this should not pose any problem, still it does..
    He has to use it on you. Only the player who originally got the stones from the NPC can activate them.

  11. #231
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Stone of Shared Experience does not work on a Druid.
    Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but: has this changed, now that druids can go thru Veteran Status & Lesser/Greater Reincarnations like any other class? Seem to recall that was a sticking point, but I may be mistaken...

  12. #232
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but: has this changed, now that druids can go thru Veteran Status & Lesser/Greater Reincarnations like any other class? Seem to recall that was a sticking point, but I may be mistaken...
    still no to a character with any druid levels

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  13. #233
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    So restart the circus music and put the clown make up back on for one more run of shenanigans?
    Cant be more shenanigans people cant ninja stone people any more.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload