Default Monster Tournament

I would LOVE a monster arena in the game where you can solo (boss) monsters and climb the ranks fighting increasingly difficult monsters. Offcourse there are some quests that touch the subject like tharask arena and the endfight in crucible, but this is nothing compared to how awesome it would be to actually test your strength trying to fight tough enemies. More info below, but first an example list of enemies you would have to face to warm you up for this!

Imagine repesenting your character race in a tournament against top notch npc's from all over stormreach and beyond.

Examplary list of opponents to beat, reward based on how far you get.
    29. Lars Heyton (Khortos chain)
    28. Brawnpits (phiarlan carnival)
    27. Boss Jittik (waterworks)
    26. Malicia (under the big top)
    25. Thual Masmataz (proof is in the poison)
    24. Red Willow (NPC guest appearance)
    23. Brother salasso (Bloody Crypt)
    22. Zared Mightyhoof (Gwylans stand)
    21. Avatar of Jubilex (The Pit)
    20. Zurat Khor + Arzag-Khor (Tear of Dhakaan)
    19. Morrigan XiRazdyn (Haunted Library)
    18. Hound of Madness (Xorian Cipher)
    17. Adran ir'Karsmore (The Church and the Cult)
    16. Marut! (Jungle of Khyber)
    15. Sorjek (Tempest spine)
    14. ARN-01D (Made to Order)
    13. Whisperdoom (The spawn of Whisperdoom)
    12. Dolgrim Nightforge (A relic of a Sovereign Past)
    11. Dorris (Guest NPC from framework)
    10. Hestess (Medusa from lordmarch chain)
    9. Sora Katra (Attack on Stormreach chain)
    8. Doomsphere (Ghosts of perdition)
    7. Blaze (Guest NPC Gianthold)
    6. Quixxellops (Acute Delirium)
    5. Three fallen vale members, Ramak Orenah, Khemko Sadanand and Tolarn Rhawn (Vale of Twilight)
    4. Nurse Ratchet
    3. Arraetrikos (Phase 4 strength in Shroud)
    2. Aurora the Wicked (In the Demons Den)
    1. White Ice Dragon (Misery's peak)

If you manage to reach the top 5 you unlock 5 epic enemies which can be challenged in a seperate instance because of their extreme difficulty.
    5. Arraetrikos (Shroud)
    4. Velah the red Dragon (Vault of night)
    3. Xy'zzy without protection (Hound of Xoriat)
    2. Suulomades (Vision of Destruction)
    1. Lord of Blades

Bonus enemies for killing certain enemies or in certain times:
    Seles - Amrath spirit binder
    Durk - Harbor
    Jeets - Khortos Island
    Aaseamah Screven - Grandmaster of the twelve
    Cydonie of Argonnessen - Gianthold

My idea is to let heroes fight solo, pets are allowed but nothing that takes a character slot (hireling, panther). Maybe make it so that the fight does not commence untill you enter the circle (like in TOR), so you get time to buff to your likings. I really like the additional npc fight every here and then, it would be awesome to test out how good some characters would be in battle!

Another option would be to add team battle to the tournament against the same opponents so a broader audience can enjoy the event, maybe with the option to fight more enemies for more points/better endreward.

~aid

Community Member adam1oftheround's Avatar

Default If I understand correctly you are asking for SOLO Quests at all levels?

Just click on your name and double click drop group. Wish Granted.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Personally, I wouldn't call Lars Heyton a "monster". Rather chose one of Haverdasher's underlings for that.

Same goes for Brawnpits.

But apart from that, I find this idea at least interesting.

If I understand correctly you are asking for SOLO Quests at all levels?
    you don't understand it correct I'm thinking, a tournament isn't anything like a regular quest.

2015 DDO Players Council InsanityIsYourFriend's Avatar

i think you should start with 2 arenas, one with bosses, other with X type of mob

first mob you face = kobold
    and get progressively more difficult until your reach
    2 pit fiend
    1 dragon
    **BONUS**
    DDO DEV!

but the bosses should be good, add a beholder somewhere in there though dont want it to be ONLY divines/arcanes in the top 5 i want to see exploiters and barbs reach the top ranks too!
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    Thanks for the report and Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

didnt notice the top 5 all have painful magic under their command hehe

DDO developer would be an awesome (overpowered) bonus oponent

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    didnt notice the top 5 all have painful magic under their command hehe

DDO developer would be an awesome (overpowered) bonus oponent
    i meant how the top people reaching the top 5 would most likely be sorcs/wizards/fvs/maybe even some outstanding clerics, MIGHT get artificer, but i doubt we would see any barbarians, fighters, rogues get near those ranks
    I am Falontani, Zeblazing, Zeholysoul, Zeshadowfist, Zesoulhuntah, Zedrunk, Singingblade, and many alts
    This is talked about a ton, and nothing is concrete at this point. Enter bugs with examples. Tons and tons of bugs. Make Gazebo cry.

hmm I'm confident that I can get to the top 3 at least being a fighter currently, I'm not sure if I could beat arrae but he is a lot easier without the monster spawn and blades and if aurora keeps tripping me I might have a tough time too tho I have been able to solo that thing but I often died in the proces against her doing demons den.. if the ice dragon is in the same league as the dragon in the cannith challenges at level 20, itll be quite and adequate oponent too, slightly weaker then mommy dragon in mired. Either way the top 10 would not be for the poorly equipped.

personally I prefer to aim at something too tough to beat over something I know I can take on, this way it will feel like an epic accomplishment when I do manage, which I will!

But I dont know how other people feel about that, I guess for some people it can be frustrating if the top 10 is out of their league.

~aid

im completely fine with what your saying there i meant throw a beholder, a marilith, and a lich in there to challenge player X, X, and X
    maybe get a no mana bar mode with base heal scrolls being used on you once per cool down in high ranks, i dont believe that anyone can actually defeat some of the top 5 without some heals... though that is arguable against