Community Member

Default Stop 'fixing' things that already work.

There are several features that apparently came up by accident that I was disappointed to see 'fixed' when a patch came through. The most noteable examples:

In crafting, at one point it became possible to overwrite a suffix or prefix by simply placing the completed item into the machine with a new shard. This was an awesome feature that Turbine chose to 'fix' so that people wouldn't 'accidentally' overwrite something they liked. The reality is, taking away this feature means I need more materials to correct an item that has accidentally exceeded the min level I wanted.

The Gem Bag, once an easy source of money at every vendor in town, now a useless piece of **** because I can't use the 'sell gems' button to sell the gems that are IN the bag. The only gems that you might want to keep (because they are spell components, crafting components, etc) are UNABLE to be stored in the bag anyway. What exactly was this 'fix' supposed to do?

At one point in time, I was able to craft bound shards and items with one toon and transfer them to the other toons on my account, but then a new crafting patch came down and suddenly all my bta items were btc and I lost an incredibly valuable resource. I almost quit crafting after that one.

And of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention the crafting 'fix' that made EVERY SINGLE CRAFTED ITEM cost 3-4 times as many ingredients, some items cost 10 times as many ingredients, made bane items require ingredients only obtainable through high level casters, and basically took crafting from a useful way to supplement characters to an endless time sink that pretty much sucks.

There have been other 'fixes' that I didn't want fixed, but mainly what I notice is every time Turbine 'fixes' something, I wind up having to waste more time farming, more money on materials, etc. I want to play, not farm. I say, if it's benefiting players DON'T FIX IT.

I don't understand the gem bag.

I can push sell gems and they get sold from the bag. Did this get broken again?
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Question

I never thought this game was in control of good thinkers. They never think of the what if.

Shakes head.

I am disgusted right now.

This game is going to make it or break it on June 25.

Odds are that most of us, who log in on June 25, are going to have some kind of bug that comes out of left field that ruins our playability and also bugs our accounts to ruin them or something and then the forums are going to erupt FOUL!

I am not logging in until the bugs are fixed and I know there is going to be problems on that day.

I will just watch the forums and let Dev's perform experiments on the guinee pigs who do log in that day and they do not give a ****!
    Last edited by Zorth; 06-18-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: IT came out of left field one week earlier than it would have, thank Lloth!
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Boycott this day or your account may suffer.
    p.s. Sorry, but I feel this way only because this game and it's programers warrant my behavior from past updates and you all do not take the time, but would rather that we test your game at our expense, Well let me tell you that this is a time not to fail or this game is going to be shelved. You have lied and failed in your ability to make a game that works! Please let me trust you. Even though I Fricken bought the 80 dollar thing I have no faith.

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!

6-14-12 A pre-strike. Lucky or what? One week from the Goal and they roll a 2, they had no idea and they almost rolled a one. Ooops.

Have You, (You= Dev's), learned from this mistake, and Thank You Developers, Dev's, that this took place one Weak before the Xpansion hit! What if it hit 7 Days Later and Your Eight year web site Renwewal was a week later, You DODGED A BULLET! AND THIS BULLET IS SO HUGE THAT IT WAS A BULLET TO DESTROY YOU! but you dodged it. (Birds singing in the backround)!
    Last edited by Zorth; 06-18-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    Boycott this day or your account may suffer.
    p.s. Sorry, but I feel this way only because this game and it's programers warrant my behavior from past updates and you all do not take the time, but would rather that we test your game at our expense, Well let me tell you that this is a time not to fail or this game is going to be shelved. You have lied and failed in your ability to make a game that works! Please let me trust you. Even though I Fricken bought the 80 dollar thing I have no faith.

PROVE ME WRONG PLEASE!
    Most MMOs are a mess for up to a week after a major update, so if you only have to avoid Day 1 of the xpac then DDO has done an incredible job !

For a day, try to focus on the good, not the bad. See how you feel at the end of it.

I'll log in a gimp toon with nothing on it so I can check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    I am not logging in until the bugs are fixed and I know there is going to be problems on that day.
    Have to address this, if you mean that you will not be logging in on Day 1 of the release of Menace, then that wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Catch up on things outside of DDO that need doing.

If, however, you meant you will not be logging in until bugs are squashed, then you're in for a very long wait.
    In every game I've played online, there have always been bugs.
    It's the nature of these things, none are ever completely bug free.

I wouldn't recommend holding ones' breath if it is the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Coyle still hates you.