Default Can anyone explain this?

Saw something weird in the AH today on Argo. Don't really know how to explain it. see for yourselves:

How is this possible?

Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

You have buyouts of 50k for +1 tomes!

That's just crazy prices.

Oh, the time? Guess it's just some more 'quality' turbine quality control :/
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

I think the crazy time is when an item has passed the cut off time but hasn't yet been sent to the buyer.

The timer will go from 1 minute to crazy time to item gone.

I maybe wrong.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post

I think the crazy time is when an item has passed the cut off time but hasn't yet been sent to the buyer.

The timer will go from 1 minute to crazy time to item gone.

I maybe wrong.
    No you're not.

So you post something in AH, delete your toon, and it's there forever? Interesting.

Or is it posted by an elf, and AH adjusts automatically for life-span?
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Shopped or Turbine bug, you decide.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

This is back again?

Hmmm. I thought we already resolved that this is Turbine's way of allowing parents to provide for their children and grandchildren's DDO enjoyment, no?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

ya its kinda a bug... when the timer reaches zero and it finalizes the auction it shows that time span for a little while it sorts itself out... however if you had the last bid and were eagerly awaiting delivery of your item and someone outbids you in the last second.. as long as that weird time is posted you can sometimes ninjabid and sneak your item back from the ah theif!!... done it twice now to my great satisfaction after clock watching for 3 days to keep my bid up only to have it cherrypicked at last minute. and watch, now that I have said this they will fix it before anyone reads this post, lol..
    Those who know me, know my main toons. Those who know me well, know my alts Those who dont know me, just dont understand ! -- Motto for the Alt-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Shopped or Turbine bug, you decide.
    You really think anyone would waist there time photo shopping something this stupid? I could understand if say I was claiming to have soloed elite ToD or EAdQ; or that I found a +9 con item, but this? this is just a quirk on the AH.

I'm not even bragging, I was curious. That shop is even mentioned is ridiculous. This is probably the same type of guy who, if I had NOT posted a pic, would have said, "screen cap or it never happened." Since I posted a screen cap he had to find a different way to doubt the veracity of my statement. Guess you can't please everyone.

Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

I can explain.

What you are seeing is about the maximum value of a long unsigned integer which is 4,294,967,295.

I calculated the current time remaining on the item, and 136 years, 2 months, 1 week, 3 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes equals about 4,294,944,000 seconds.

Compare the seconds remaining in the item to the value of a long unsigned int, and they are almost equal. Therefore, what I think is happening is that there's a bug in the program that sets the display value to the maximum possible value.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

I have a ss of a cloak of ice with a time left like that.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

This issue has been around since the last update. It's nothing new nor is it photoshopped.

A GM can deal with the auction if you put in a ticket.

I noticed this happening when I have put in last minute bids. I think to prevent sniping, or some code issues, the auction does not end for another 2 - 5 minutes. That is when those type of errors display.

Daam man - if i was on argo - i'd put a 6K bid on that baby - wait it out and my great great great grandson could make a couple of K profit off that. XD

ZENOSIS - 7th life monk // ZCYTHER - 8th life fvs // ZSEPHIROTH - 3rd life barb // ZERAPHIA - 4rd life sorc // VAJAZZLED - 2nd life fvs/monk // GEOSTIGMA - 1st life wiz // ZCYBLAST - 1st life sorc // ALTISSIMO - 1st life bard