Default Guild reknown suggestion

So I was thinking that it would be a nice cosmetic change to assign guild members different ranks based on how much reknown they have earned for the guild.

Something like:

Greenhorn: 0 to 10,000 reknown
    Scout: 10,000 to 100,000
    Lieutenent: 100,000 to 500,000
    Captain: 500,000 to 1,000,000
    General: 1,000,000 to 5,000,000

And so on. It might be a nice little bragging rights thing. Might also encourage greedy guildies to take tales of valor as a end reward every once in a while...

Toons: Purr (I'm a Kitten), Awoo (I'm a Wolf), Diseasey (The Roach), Does (Not Compute)

I can see this idea getting a lot of opposition, but I actually like it. /signed

any obvious differences to a character besides the "rank" in the guild??
    and the name of the ranks should probably be changed, or even made customize-able by the leader
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Idea is great, but I'm /not signing.

Take my role in my guild for instance. I'm an officer/guild secretary, however my renown is just about 200,000 and I've been in my guild approx 8/9 months. There's a new-ish (3 months) person in the guild, she's gotten over 300,000 renown and just a member.

What you're suggesting is that she be given a higher "rank" than me just because she got more renown than me?
    Can't say I agree to that much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bando View Post
    So I was thinking that it would be a nice cosmetic change to assign guild members different ranks based on how much reknown they have earned for the guild.

Something like:

Greenhorn: 0 to 10,000 reknown
    Scout: 10,000 to 100,000
    Lieutenent: 100,000 to 500,000
    Captain: 500,000 to 1,000,000
    General: 1,000,000 to 5,000,000

And so on. It might be a nice little bragging rights thing. Might also encourage greedy guildies to take tales of valor as a end reward every once in a while...
    While I wouldn't mind some distinction for how much reknown you have earned, I would not have it be rank titles suggesting "leadership" in guild. Instead I would think "fame" sounding titles would be more appropriate.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

This all based on the assumption that you make guild membership a renown gathering requirement.

I look at the guild as an unexpected benefit of doing what I do anyway. Quest alot. If I dont see an item in the end rewards that I need or want, I do select guild renown. But Im not gonna pass up an item I want/need/wish to have in my collection, over renown. Too much emphasis is placed on getting that guild up to high levels. Slow down and relax. It will happen. (much slower if you have too many people in your guild).

I think breaking it down by account would be better. This would have the added benefit of letting us see about how much renown another person's account has generated, which we currently cannot.

Regarding the specific words used, the only other hierarchies I can think of offhand are political and religious, which would probably be way worse from a connotation standpoint.