Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

In VoD, if your not the main tank than the only time you should be taking any damage is during the waves.

While Mass Heal seems to be the spell of choice in the mass casting, consider the following:

1. Mass Heal is slow or more expensive to cast (Quicken)
    2. Mass Heal does 400 to Over 1K
    3. Most party members will be in the 300 to 600 range
    4. Curse Wounds can be placed on a party member at any time during a wave
    5. Mass Healing is most effective if the group sticks together
    6. VoD is an endurance race and not a sprint - It can actually be completed on Hard with two healing types (Cleric/FvS/Bard) without need for Pots (I've done it several times). They will go through a few scrolls.
    7. Use of Heal Scrolls and Mass, Mod Cure on a party that stays grouped can go a long way in stretching resources

Community Member

Was referring to all content.

remove curse? Well, they can either get rid of it themselves or drink some repair pots.
    I pike on Argonnessen.

Quote Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post
    He has failed but not cause said reason.

There is no constantly cursed issue. There are [people] in group who let Suulo hit them. Even onehanded bard can avoid all curses, so twohanded avoid it also.
    You clearly don't know Moose and Squirrel. FAT!
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

Yes i to am amazed at all the devastating mistakes i have made that have thankfully been corrected by my association with the Khyber Pug scene.

I have learned you cant possibly do Shroud unless you are level 17..ahh silly me

You cant do EADQ1 without two healers..Hmmm i seem to remember completing this with a just a Bard healing..yeah some noob called Rabiez ??

You cant do HOX w/o a Bard..ok

You must have a WF Tank for VOD..right on

The list carries on but i give thanks to those that have imparted such wisdom upon me

Quote Originally Posted by krackythehoodedone View Post
    Yes i to am amazed at all the devastating mistakes i have made that have thankfully been corrected by my association with the Khyber Pug scene.

I have learned you cant possibly do Shroud unless you are level 17..ahh silly me

You cant do EADQ1 without two healers..Hmmm i seem to remember completing this with a just a Bard healing..yeah some noob called Rabiez ??

The list carries on but i give thanks to those that have imparted such wisdom upon me
    You forgot...

Fortification is just a suggestion.
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Community Member

Default Come on Kracky

Dude you totally forgot you can't complete a quest or a raid without a barbarian or at the very least a fighter and even then if you only have a fighter you may fail without a barbarian
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Dude View Post
    Dude you totally forgot you can't complete a quest or a raid without a barbarian or at the very least a fighter and even then if you only have a fighter you may fail without a barbarian
    Makes me wonder how we completed all those quest/raids when cap was lvl 16 heh
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

I'm sure glad that VoD wasnt around when the level cap was only 16 and mass heal wasnt available yet...

HEY... wait a second, it was!
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fomori View Post
    I'm sure glad that VoD wasnt around when the level cap was only 16 and mass heal wasnt available yet...

HEY... wait a second, it was!
    This says it all.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

not only a bard but one with augment summoning!!!!
    Badlass 25 WC hum, Dysfunctiona 25 Wiz hum....
    Badlazz 24 SS hum(3tr), Gezer 20 Sorc drow, Slyfoxx 13 rog/6 ran/1 ftr, Ohwell 15 WC/3 rog/2 ftr, Badlassie 14 bard/6 ran, XnonameX 14 WC/4 rog/2 ftr, xpetex/xrepetex 20 arty, others....... BfaG

Community Member

Default No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Now you can't even get in the group for those raids at level 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Now, while I agree with the OP and others; to say this raid is the same today as it was when the cap was 16 is an outright lie. The changes to the game and the changes directly to this raid have made it significantly harder than it was when the cap was the cap was 16. Every time something comes up about Hound or VoD, there is always a chorus of well we used to do it at 16 but we really didn't. It's a different animal now than it was then.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

From a healing standpoint, the way I play it is to do whatever it takes to keep as many alive as possible....if throwing single target healing spells is the way to achieve this then i'll do it, if throwing masses is the way to do it then i'll do it, if having to overheal and chug a couple of pots is the way, then I do that too.

Not sure really that any one specific philosophy of healing is correct - I believe good heals in any scenario requires judgement, versatility and sometimes resources.

you gotta do what you gotta do to get the job done

-situation needed mass heal - didnt have it = bad heals
    -situation needed individual spot heals - didnt do it = bad heals <- all imo of course
    -situation required pots to succeed - didnt chug = bad heals

As a p.s though - i never run without mass heal on my healers - but have ran with those who dont carry and have never been disappointed - so it's irrelevant - it's 'bout getting it done.

ZENOSIS - 7th life monk // ZCYTHER - 8th life fvs // ZSEPHIROTH - 3rd life barb // ZERAPHIA - 4rd life sorc // VAJAZZLED - 2nd life fvs/monk // GEOSTIGMA - 1st life wiz // ZCYBLAST - 1st life sorc // ALTISSIMO - 1st life bard

Quote Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post
    Had Potency, Empower, but no Max. But saves were the problem. May be not saves...
    Well, if you take off those Madstone Boots, maybe you'd be a better caster...
    [This space intentionally left blank]

Quote Originally Posted by ResEvil6370 View Post
    -situation needed mass heal - didnt have it = bad heals
    -situation needed individual spot heals - didnt do it = bad heals <- all imo of course
    -situation required pots to succeed - didnt chug = bad heals
    I can agree with this, except for the last one. It should read:

-situation required pots to succeed = bad group

Healers should only use pots if THEY really want the completion or if they KNOW that they will be reimbursed for their expense. Using scrolls for a divine is part of the job, using pots isn't imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidApathy View Post
    ... Using scrolls for a divine is part of the job, using pots isn't imo.
    If you're going to relegate the role of scrolls to a class, you should pick the rogues/artificers who get up to +75% (+ scroll bonus for arties) for the same cost that it takes the cleric/FvS to get to 55%.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddoplayer064 View Post
    Well, if you take off those Madstone Boots, maybe you'd be a better caster...
    I can troll you even with those boots. I can wear what I want when logging off.

PM I wear what i want to wear when I'm out of dungeon. Sadly, you cannot know what I'm wearing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    If you're going to relegate the role of scrolls to a class, you should pick the rogues/artificers who get up to +75% (+ scroll bonus for arties) for the same cost that it takes the cleric/FvS to get to 55%.
    Not really. While a rogue does get a higher bonus, your group loses DPS if your rogue stops attacking. Comparatively, your average FvS isn't really doing anything in between mass heals, so you aren't really losing DPS by giving him something extra to do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234