Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    What! mass heal is needed???
    What have I been doing these past few years! lol
    I think I need to go for a refresher course back in kiddy healing school.

I've had pple dropped from my raids before coz it was too melee heavy or caster heavy but heck who cares I just move on, just becoz someone hasn't seen it done, doesn't mean it can't be done.
    You should post more Stop.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

I think everyone needs a sarcasm detector along with their battle.net authenticators.
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Again, congratulations to everyone in this server, you guys always have something to talk about! as for the thread:

1) Raid was created when CAP was 16, therefore Mass Heal didnt exist yet... Also, Mass Heal on this raid isnt very effective due to the constant curse issue that can happen and the fact the spell takes long to cast. With a proper tank, Heal scrolls for tank and cure moderate mass for group is more than enough if you throw some mass moderate - critical now and then. If you have a cleric, just stand there and let the Aura do the rest. If the tank his a WF, just drop group and form a new one with a proper tank

2) Wiz-King, if you want to max the benefit of it, should be done at lvl 14. At lvl 12 you have VoN5 to cap you out. Raiyum himself, has low HP even on elite with a full party scaling. He can be danger because he constantly dispels but his arsenal of damage spells (Mass Chain Lightning, Disintegrate and Searing Light) are easily avoidable since you can dodge, tumble, jump out of the way. His mantle of protection and natural damage resistances make it so that the more effective spell is Disintegrate (or delayed Blast Fireball if your lvl 13/14). Disintegrate itself, with no enhancements whatsoever, deals 96-144 at caster level 12. If you have Potency VI, Empower and Maximize, you should be dealing 288-432 (roughly done math), which means that you can kill him very fast, even if he saves your spells a couple of times. If you have low SP, deactivate empower and maximize and it will take longer to kill him but rest assured, hes really easy to kill. If you dont have the means to do so, then you cant solo a tower, at least it spoils the purpose of soloing a tower
    WARSWORDS
    Blackmoors (Pale Master) | Bloodrake (Defender of Siberys) | Darckmoor (Angel of Vengeance) | Doulbelades (Berserker) | Thayed (Warchanter)
    [TRADE LIST]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    I think everyone needs a sarcasm detector along with their battle.net authenticators.
    Even authenticator will not save your account now(new game is hacked, people lost their items).
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoors View Post
    If you have Potency VI, Empower and Maximize, you should be dealing 288-432 (roughly done math), which means that you can kill him very fast, even if he saves your spells a couple of times. If you have low SP, deactivate empower and maximize and it will take longer to kill him but rest assured, hes really easy to kill. If you dont have the means to do so, then you cant solo a tower, at least it spoils the purpose of soloing a tower
    Had Potency, Empower, but no Max. But saves were the problem. May be not saves...

Disintegrate Ward

King Raiyum has a 50% chance to negate Disintegrates.
    Last edited by AirbornedChild; 06-04-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoors View Post
    Again, congratulations to everyone in this server, you guys always have something to talk about! as for the thread:

Raid was created when CAP was 16, therefore Mass Heal didnt exist yet... Also, Mass Heal on this raid isnt very effective due to the constant curse issue that can happen and the fact the spell takes long to cast. With a proper tank, Heal scrolls for tank and cure moderate mass for group is more than enough if you throw some mass moderate - critical now and then. If you have a cleric, just stand there and let the Aura do the rest. If the tank his a WF, just drop group and form a new one with a proper tank
    Very good points, but you have failed in your analysis as nowhere is there any instruction about what to do with Moose and Squirrel.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    Very good points, but you have failed in your analysis as nowhere is there any instruction about what to do with Moose and Squirrel.
    He has failed but not cause said reason.

There is no constantly cursed issue. There are [people] in group who let Suulo hit them. Even onehanded bard can avoid all curses, so twohanded avoid it also.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 06-04-2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: rude comment

Quote Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post

There is no constantly cursed issue. There are retards in group who let Suulo hit them. Even onehanded bard can avoid all curses, so twohanded avoid it also.
    You can roll one-handed bards? Must be hard to play that lute with only one hand though :s

Next, they'll introduce no-legged dwarves!
    Jackovall (Completionist Wizard - Life 23/23) -- Gilders PDK Tree build (Life 8/8) -- Zogdor PDK Rogue Mechanic (Life 10/10) -- Taykare Pure Warlock (Life 14/14) -- Sheo Bladeforged Rogue Mechanic (life 12/12) --
    Double Deviants

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Zogdor View Post
    You can roll one-handed bards? Must be hard to play that lute with only one hand though :s

Maybe they use a gamepad...
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    Maybe they use a gamepad...
    I wonder if King Chickenwing knows of this?
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Pirate Cursed

Quote Originally Posted by Zogdor View Post

Halflings.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

You almost got me with the title. Almost....
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Can a FVS without mass heal heal this raid? Haha. Guess folks are not all that they think they are and yeah you know who you are. Yes, bards have done it - see Aussie's old speed record attemps for an illustraton, this raid came out before mass heal even existed, mass heal is not nearly as efficient (really inefficient actually) here as it is in a place like Epic dragon.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

What! mass heal is needed???
    What have I been doing these past few years! lol
    I think I need to go for a refresher course back in kiddy healing school.

I've had pple dropped from my raids before coz it was too melee heavy or caster heavy but heck who cares I just move on, just becoz someone hasn't seen it done, doesn't mean it can't be done.
    I've had people from from my raids because my language is too dirty. And because I yell. But that is why I'm your favorite, Wound! <3
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

Community Member

Mass heal is not efficient? Maybe? But it must be the easy button of the game. Healer is the only toon I can fulfill my roll using just 1 finger. 2 if I need to pot.
    I pike on Argonnessen.

There is no constantly cursed issue. There are [people] in group who let Suulo hit them. Even onehanded bard can avoid all curses, so twohanded avoid it also.
    The trash devils can curse you, well im sure they could back when I was playing, anyway. So how does having only one hand or two hands help you avoid being cursed?

And can I have some of whatever your taking? Don't be greedy share, everyone on that in a raid would make druken raids look like nothing.

Default oooo

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    I've had people JOIN from my raids because my language is too dirty. And because I yell. But that is why I'm your favorite, Wound! <3
    I corrected it for you Gawna (see above)

But yes I love you too.... deep deep
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

Default hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by baii View Post
    Mass heal is not efficient? Maybe? But it must be the easy button of the game. Healer is the only toon I can fulfill my roll using just 1 finger. 2 if I need to pot.
    Easy button... yeah in a way.

Efficient.... somewhat.

Useful.....situational, especially with a 6 seconds timer and the casting animation, while within that time everyone wipes as their HP ain't there to take all the blows, and yes I've seen a pug wiped when lo and behold timer still counting down, but then again could be lag

I am highly doubting the usefulness of using ONLY mass heal especially when Expansion kicks in and everyone is getting more hits/dmg LOL.
    Last edited by Garvin; 06-05-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

Had Potency, Empower, but no Max. But saves were the problem. May be not saves... Disintegrate Ward - King Raiyum has a 50% chance to negate Disintegrates.
    Even with the ward, Raiyum is squishy and his spell attacks are easy avoidable. Ofc some classes may have some problems kill it but a caster class in theory shouldn't have any problem. Mind that im talking about zerging the quest, hence the fact the effectiveness of soloing a tower and therefore something a experienced and geared player should be able to do.

He has failed but not cause said reason. There is no constantly cursed issue. There are [people] in group who let Suulo hit them. Even onehanded bard can avoid all curses, so twohanded avoid it also.
    Not only Sulo curses, also the Elite Barbazu Legionnaire (green devils) get you Cursed Wounds when they score a critical attack, so I would like you to explain to me how a one handed bard can prevent that (unless he/she's a WF...). Fact of the matter is that Curse can and in all probability will happen. Ofc each player needs to remove it but it may take 1-3 seconds to do so and if the mass heal fails that player, its a detriment to the quest success if only since its a waste of SP (same can be said when healing ToD Part 1 on elite were mass heals aren't that effective).
    WARSWORDS
    Blackmoors (Pale Master) | Bloodrake (Defender of Siberys) | Darckmoor (Angel of Vengeance) | Doulbelades (Berserker) | Thayed (Warchanter)
    [TRADE LIST]

Community Member

Easy button... yeah in a way.

Efficient.... somewhat.

Useful.....situational, especially with a 6 seconds timer and the casting animation, while within that time everyone wipes as their HP ain't there to take all the blows, and yes I've seen a pug wiped when lo and behold timer still counting down, but then again could be lag

I am highly doubting the usefulness of using ONLY mass heal especially when Expansion kicks in and everyone is getting more hits/dmg LOL.
    People should reroll if they die when getting heal'd by mass heal targeted on the healer.
    I pike on Argonnessen.

Quote Originally Posted by baii View Post
    In VoD? Remove Curse and standing in the aura should be all you need if you're not the main tank. And it's best if that's all the main tank needs, too...
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast