Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post
    Have you ever tryed to run it with AC SD/DoS? I think no because boss cannot even hit them(or they reduct most of damage). Trashcleric(that cannot even cast cure when was asked to do it) cannot heal this raid, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeghor View Post
    Non Warforged Tanks can do it. We did it on hard last night where I tanked it and got cursed once.
    Someone forgot to make a sarcasm check.

Also, Khyber is on a roll this week eh?
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    It's always nice to learn new things. Don't forget that you will fail HoX without augment summoning.I've healed and/or solo healed raids, including VoD. I guess that means you think I'm an awesome cleric. Thanks!
    Sadly. Cleric that is refusing to cast single target cure cannot heal any raid.

I don't know about you, but if I had 11 other people asking for heals, I wouldn't be wasting my time healing them individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    I don't know about you, but if I had 11 other people asking for heals, I wouldn't be wasting my time healing them individually.
    Too much common sense, please stop it.
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by airbornedchild View Post
    sadly. Cleric that is wasting their time trying to cast single target cure cannot heal any raid.
    ftfy
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Too much common sense, please stop it.
    Can't help it. For the good of the many and all that.

Community Member

Need to explain. There was only one with 25 % HP, others were above 80 %. Why couldn't that cleric use cure. How can we trust such cleric if he cannot even cure ONE SINGLE player(and died in Marut fight with the worst HP comparing to other 4 players)? Why should cleric remove curse(yes, with spell)? Why should cleric care of player which couldn't stay far enough to not being hit by Suulo. I have too many questions. but I have to deal with casual players.

PS Water Savant that can clear his wing in bloody and wizking as fast as others(yes, I couldn't kill king because of his mantle, don't like any cleletons) couldn't be useless. This remark is about who is noob(read first sentence after "PS" to understand that I can clear wing as fast as fire savant: web, snowbal+faceroll = win).

Community Member

OMG dude. LET IT GO.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by hordo View Post
    even my bards have soul stone-piked this raid...
    ftfy
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

Need to explain. There was only one with 25 % HP, others were above 80 %. Why couldn't that cleric use cure. How can we trust such cleric if he cannot even cure ONE SINGLE player(and died in Marut fight with the worst HP comparing to other 4 players)? Why should cleric remove curse(yes, with spell)? Why should cleric care of player which couldn't stay far enough to not being hit by Suulo. I have too many questions. but I have to deal with casual players.

PS Water Savant that can clear his wing in bloody and wizking as fast as others(yes, I couldn't kill king because of his mantle, don't like any cleletons) couldn't be useless. This remark is about who is noob(read first sentence after "PS" to understand that I can clear wing as fast as fire savant: web, snowbal+faceroll = win).
    Mass Heals are like road trips.

We stop on road trips based on the person with the STRONGEST bladder.

I mass heal based on the BEST peoples HP.
    *If I am spamming masses based off of the low HP one-hit-wonder...I will run out of SP really quick.

To kill the Wiz-King you should use Disintegrate...also why would you be playing an Ice Savant at the Sands level? That is just as asinine as playing a Fire Savant in the vale (and after). Make the Re-Specs and blood of Dragons work for you.
    Last edited by Bacab; 06-03-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Could someone translate this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kysean View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AirbornedChild View Post

Kysean is online now Add to Kysean's Reputation Report Post
    Multi-Quote This Message
    Reply to Thread

Sounds like he had a one hit wonder...and died...then he proceeded to blame the cleric.

Sounds like he also does not carry remove curse pots...and died when a cleric in VoD evidently let him die.

Sounds like he soloed a tower in Wiz-king on his water savant...then Wiz-king killed him (I shall guess he has a low HP Sorc...that is probably drow).

I could be wrong though. My Swahili is a bit dated and rusty.

Wait...

Maybe the cleric had the worse HP in that VoN3?

Or maybe he was a cleric in a VoD and got annoyed with someone who would not take care of their own curses?

Maybe AirborneChild can step in and explain?
    Last edited by Bacab; 06-03-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I was not aware of this but I have been recently brought up to date on how critical it is to have the mass heal spell for the success of this raid. Without mass heal failure of a 4+ year old raid is inevitable. It does not matter the caliber of the players or the strategy the party employs to succeed nor does it even matter how inefficient the spell is in this particular raid setting. Thanks for teaching.
    *shug and pick up some pocorn*

Once upon a time this raid was done without mashjeel... because mashjeel wasn't in game while the raid was.

Anyway, the best way is to say you have it and just use (mass) cure spells once in.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

This thread makes me giggle
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Mass Heals are like road trips.

We stop on road trips based on the person with the STRONGEST bladder.

I mass heal based on the BEST peoples HP.
    *If I am spamming masses based off of the low HP one-hit-wonder...I will run out of SP really quick.

To kill the Wiz-King you should use Disintegrate...also why would you be playing an Ice Savant at the Sands level? That is just as asinine as playing a Fire Savant in the vale (and after). Make the Re-Specs and blood of Dragons work for you.
    Man, I used Des. But you know that WK has high saves. You know that Des deals UNTYPED damage. Even I were fire, do you think that i would have strong Desintegrate? No, because I used fire enh and force anh last wizard life to compare. You should know that des damage is low without enhancements for force/untyped damage. It is not spammable like fire/cold/acid... Melee can kill him much faster.

So. Should I use force enhancements for only one quest? Now(in fact I was rushing in Necro I, II, III and now IV). I cannot kill fast only sceletons(have to use firewall, yes, it is weak). Way to kill: run, run, look around, cone+sphere = death, run again. Acid? Don't make me laugh. Fire? Tell me such spells like sphere and cone(spammable).
    Now Gianthold - easy, all easy. Yes, there are some scellies. But so few...

And like I said: I could clear wing in Bloody Crypt as fast as fire savant, because I was with fire in party. I was rushing all GH quests. Yes, I am noob, ok. But I can rush, i can kill all, I can survive(if they will not trip me). Faceroll, man. Really.

About massheal. As cleric in past I can say. It was enough to use mass cure critical in eVoN6. Really, it was. Man, melee had great ampli. Fast cast. Just need to know how save sp. Sometimes I couldn't.
    Like onbe run when noob FvS used massheal without Quicken. Think. FvS, 3 k sp, without Quicken. Rule: FvS can always use Quicken, Cleric cannot(and shouldn't). I was told about it when I started to play cleric.

Zodh said it to me. Remember this name.

PS I know than Delera was hard for me. I started Delera only when I took firewall. I finished it. I forgot. Now Water rocks. Do not want to waste Blood. And now already 15th.

Just do not tell me than Water Savant cannot handle Necro. Cannot handle sceletons, yes, but not others.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Sounds like he had a one hit wonder...and died...then he proceeded to blame the cleric.

Sounds like he also does not carry remove curse pots...and died when a cleric in VoD evidently let him die.

Sounds like he soloed a tower in Wiz-king on his water savant...then Wiz-king killed him (I shall guess he has a low HP Sorc...that is probably drow).

I could be wrong though. My Swahili is a bit dated and rusty.

Wait...

Maybe the cleric had the worse HP in that VoN3?

Or maybe he was a cleric in a VoD and got annoyed with someone who would not take care of their own curses?

Maybe AirborneChild can step in and explain?
    Yes, I didn't know about curse pots in my first elite VoD(on rogue, it was first, it was elite, it was shame). But I see that many players do not take them now even if in lfm said "do not forget pots". I don't remember now who killed me. I think Orthons or green devils. But I didn't know anything about that raid.

I soloed tower, I made it to top... There was King. And I had to wait for monk to help me because I was only 12th level(remind me about Des damage at this level). And... I couldn't kill him. He couldn't kill me(Pale lavender, his des is too strong).

Yes, drow with 14 start Cоn and +3 tome.
    That cleric had the lowest hp... BB, elite? Man, 1st life character needn't BB streak. n, h, e - this way.
    I was frustrated to waste my sp for 3 noobs in last VoD by cleric. Just decided to not help them. They let Suulo hit them. I run VoD with my bard, was in melee -- no any curse. Just know distance...

Funny thread about VoD.

Community Member

I soloed tower, I made it to top... There was King. And I had to wait for monk to help me because I was only 12th level(remind me about Des damage at this level).
    Probably right around 6/7th of the disintigrate damage you have at 14.
    So...5 hits instead of 4 maybe?

And if you don't have disintigrate...what did you take as your first lv6 spell? The only thing I can see as more benifical would be reconstruct, as a warforged that is.

Personally I wouldn't take a step inside wiz king unless I had some way to kill the king (disintigrate for arcanes, DP for divines or permananent ice resist for melees) but I might be wierd.

Default omg

What! mass heal is needed???
    What have I been doing these past few years! lol
    I think I need to go for a refresher course back in kiddy healing school.

I've had pple dropped from my raids before coz it was too melee heavy or caster heavy but heck who cares I just move on, just becoz someone hasn't seen it done, doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Last edited by Garvin; 06-03-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Retired Gimp of Crimson Eagles
    Stopwound - Healwound - Songwound - Cursewound - Patchwound - Saltwound

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OsOscarius View Post
    Probably right around 6/7th of the disintigrate damage you have at 14.
    So...5 hits instead of 4 maybe?

And if you don't have disintigrate...what did you take as your first lv6 spell? The only thing I can see as more benifical would be reconstruct, as a warforged that is.

Personally I wouldn't take a step inside wiz king unless I had some way to kill the king (disintegrate for arcanes, DP for divines or permananent ice resist for melees) but I might be wierd.
    I had des, but save, save, save(and do not forget about USUAL crit, no any enh for untyped)... Monk is coming... less than 20 seconds - wizking is dead. Feel the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    What! mass heal is needed???
    What have I been doing these past few years! lol
    I think I need to go for a refresher course back in kiddy healing school.

I've had pple dropped from my raids before coz it was too melee heavy or caster heavy but heck who cares I just move on, just becoz someone hasn't seen it done, doesn't mean it can't be done.
    VoD can be completed with 2(if players are prepared even 1) Clr. Using Aura and mass cure = win. But sadly comletion depends not only on healer but on other members. Extactly how all members will work, how fast they will kill bats at the end(the worst part of raid).

PM I don't wanna run Vod or Hox now because I have all(on cleric) and most of all(bard) item from there. My characters are only lootspots now, 9/10 will be on roll.
    Last edited by AirbornedChild; 06-03-2012 at 07:57 AM.

With a good AC tank and a good CCer basically anyone that can scroll heal can solo-heal it.

That being said, mass heal is still crazy good healing/sp and is a pretty good go-to for most healing situations, once you learn its timing.

But I don't think it's NEEDED for any content.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast