Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Since Update 16 I've also noticed that when Artificer Pets (not had experience with Druid yet) and Hirelings warp to you, they tend to drop any soulstone they are carrying, frequently they can't navigate the terrain and need to warp to you, but then they leave the soulstone behind, very annoying if it's your soulstone they're carrying,

I ended up stuck in the Belly of the Beast, quite literally, due to this behaviour.
    I got stuck in the tomb of the blighted for the same reason, hire could kill all the undead, but couldn't perform a simple task like taking my stone to the entrance to rez me
    For those about to die, we shall loot you!

Community Member

Default iron defender color

I thought when the Artificer first came out, the docents all effected the color of the iron defender. I saw someone posted that only the special ones do now, but I remember switching out two simple +1 docents while still in Korthos, and they each gave my iron defender different color stripes. Now, no matter how many different docents I switch out, the stripes stay same reddish/orange color.

Is this as intended? Or is there some way for me to get the stripes to change colors again? Perhaps a mistake in an enhancement I gave it?

Any suggestions appreciated. (and is this the right forum for this question? it's kind of like a bug...)

Quote Originally Posted by starrrynight View Post
    I thought when the Artificer first came out, the docents all effected the color of the iron defender. I saw someone posted that only the special ones do now, but I remember switching out two simple +1 docents while still in Korthos, and they each gave my iron defender different color stripes. Now, no matter how many different docents I switch out, the stripes stay same reddish/orange color.

Is this as intended? Or is there some way for me to get the stripes to change colors again? Perhaps a mistake in an enhancement I gave it?

Any suggestions appreciated. (and is this the right forum for this question? it's kind of like a bug...)
    What feats on the defender are active? Adm. Body may affect this, no?

9 times out of 10 my druid wolf does this as well...grant it my druid has one level arti as well, but shouldn't make a difference. the wolf will just sit there even on guard, or aggressive, and be way away from me, and unless I manually tell him to attack something he is always just sitting there...my pure druid though does not have this problem...could it be something to do with the ranged weapons and not the pets at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    SNIP

This explains and encapsulates most of the issues I have seen.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Community Member

25 Art here Sarlona/Bryc, i dont read the forms much but game is down on patch.

i have noticed that with dog in def stance he works most of the time but put him in aggresive stance and after a few fights he will just stand there. Sometimes I do see him run up to things and he will attack(no animation but can see number overhead) however its a very slow rate and not consistant. He does not use his Trip or Sunder hardly at all and sometimes will not even attempt it even when i manually press the button.

He will use the bluff enhancment even if not loaded on his bar, so much for getting the evasion and still trying to off tank with him. I have removed the bluff and maxed trip and sunder(which he doesnt use) and he still does not hold aggro well even with max aggro enhancements and taunt. Maybe because low damage output not sure but mob will run right past him and attack me before i even attack unless i send him in manually a great distance out.

The damage at epic lvls are a joke even with a named handwrap that i converted to a collar(the one that delevels foe and gives you temp hps on a 20 cant remember the name)

Dispite having not bad AC lvls he has no Phy resist so he gets popped for full damage and his HPs get stripped off quick in epic content. Epic lvls for this pet are very poor he needs overhall.

If you release him and attempt to resummon to correct the issue make sure to wait at least five min or so, if you resummon and he has the same damage on his hp bar then he is not reset and will not act right. (this is asuming you released him after a fight and his HP bar was not at full.)

Community Member

Default Dragging active enhancements

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but;

I cannot drag active enhancements, ie., Howl, Feed, etc. to available spots on pet character sheet. therefore no hotbar usage. Relog/resummon has no effect at all. Not sure if this is happening to Arti pet or not. Any ideas?

Dyrfakk of Dyrffaddan
    Cannith
    Pet-Calidyffyr

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Recently two players told me they had broken Artificer pets. By 'broken' I mean not just having them go brain-dead within a session, but permanently. The story that was conveyed to me was that in all subsequent play sessions, the pets would be summoned, set to aggressive and the pets would stand there and not respond.

Obviously this isn't good. If you have a pet in this condition, please let me know your server and character name (either posting here in this thread or by PM) so we can investigate.

Thanks.
    Not Arti but my Druid Pet bugs out almost every quest.

Pet short bar disappears and the pet is seen nowhere but hp bar of it stays.
    Also i cant Summon a new as it tells me i already have one but i also cant dismiss it as simply nothing happens when i click dismiss.
    Zoning etc doesnt repair it, only a relog does repair it but honestly the pet sucks so much i just dont summon it anymore.

Char is Daemonheart on Argo
    9druid/5mnk/2fighter

btw
    minlevel of Pet equip is wrong on a lot of items
    got some minlvl6 items i couldnt equip my lvl9 pet also there are some items i know that must have way higher minlvl but they show way lower
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    What feats on the defender are active? Adm. Body may affect this, no?

I reset all the enhancements, and it still stays the same reddish-orange. I even tried starting a few new artificer characters just to see if the color of the stripes may be assigned at character creation... And they all were the same reddish orange, too.

Community Member kafrielveddicus's Avatar

The Polar Bear Companion is broken, because it is not availalble to those in the harbor with 10000 motes.

Please add them to the altar of risia by the light house in the harbor!!!!
    Guild: PD Halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda Level 56, Website: http://valhallans.proboards.com/
    Casualnarc 20, Repentnarc 16, Snipernarc 14, Banknarc 13, Gatlingnarc 12, Airnarc 12, Braverynarc 11, Lednarc 11, Tempestnarc 11, Holynarc 9, Repeatnarc 6, Ebuttonnarc 6 <-ALL WITH ZERO DEATHS

2015 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

My artie pet has issues now and then. Typically dismissing it and bringing back works. I have had a couple of times this week where when I came out of a quest, the pet did not. I had to completely log off the game and back to get the pet back.

Default Owlbear doesn't fit through Fear Factory

Hi
    Ran Fear factory with the lvl 17 Owlbear hireling. He kept getting stuck behind doorways and broken pipes that Ayron Staliya (cleric hireling) and I could get through no problem. Had to keep calling him to teleport but that defeats the purpose of having a defender!
    Owlbear did great in the Vale
    thanks
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

@ Madfloyd

Did you abandon this thread? Did you ever follow-up in any way? Did we waste our time responding to your thread? Can we get some feedback on our feedback? Or were you laid off?

@ Madfloyd

Did you abandon this thread? Did you ever follow-up in any way? Did we waste our time responding to your thread? Can we get some feedback on our feedback? Or were you laid off?
    Considering the fact that the dogs are still bugging out I guess the priority of this bug has dropped far below desk surface.

Usually I noticed this issue happening after the dog used a ladder and for some reason the Devs seem to seek the approach to fix all ladders, which I think is just insane. I mean why not just the second you call your dog at foot the dog get reset. Much like un-spawn/re-spawn however without that animation, the time and not loosing all buffs. This couldn't possibly that difficult to implement...
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Thumbs up not only pets

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Recently two players told me they had broken Artificer pets. By 'broken' I mean not just having them go brain-dead within a session, but permanently. The story that was conveyed to me was that in all subsequent play sessions, the pets would be summoned, set to aggressive and the pets would stand there and not respond.

Obviously this isn't good. If you have a pet in this condition, please let me know your server and character name (either posting here in this thread or by PM) so we can investigate.

Thanks.
    Some times I wish for smoke out of my computer or a desk crashing to the ground with all the hard programing work invading my reality.
    JCOM server Ghallanda: Pets you say.. . Hirelings follow me until I am stuck in tightspot, where if had not been for assigning him to follow another player to get away from me I would have stayed stuck there. Another time attacking stuck in a wall, hireling hobgoblins in open space stuck in a loop, had to exit game. these things are getting better. Direct X 11 here, just tried 64bit for the first time it was exciting DDO

Now the bug is again pervasive but noticeable, hirelings and other companions, are one=> select self click two=>click single blue shield, then select double sword icon... and watch not respond like we are the wrong alignment and they wanted us to die.... ok DPI setting, or the funny arrow that finds obstacles where the cursor really is aligned with the object aimed for, all vectors in my sense.... lastly the arrow, and shadow: AAA arrows do not avoid other persons on your team, and they do not behave like boomerangs taking wild curves (details, but not for programmers), BBB my shadow diffuses and does not stay sharp 3 block away, it almost scares me to see this, ooupss not an enemy over there, just my shadow, clear and defined 7 times my height away At least make my shadow funny if it's going to creep up on my in a unnatural way Like black and white in MAD magazine, or my true alignment suggestions....

se possible versus imagination with billion neurons.... keep up the good work. I hope this is perceived as constructive.

PS: my Ideal pet would be carried on the esthetic helmet option, and have limited (like the hairstyle bounce and or effect) Just luggage. frog with top hat fun, frog with top hat hanging in mid air in the pit of house D, creepy... mechanical dogs in a loop creepy, limit the loop to 3, then stop wasting processing power? Ok sitting on a bar being wiped is genius, but wearing a post with a lamp as a hat is to me as disturbing as individual players appear embedded into one another, it disturbs my ego.

@ Madfloyd

Well his last activity was on: Activity 02-04-2013 03:08 ....
    So my guess is laid off or something.

But feedback on this thread would be great. The Owlbear pet which many of us paid cold hard cash for freezes and bugs out on doors and corners all the time. It would be nice if someone at Turbine would give us some feedback.

Community Member

Ghostbane from collar don't work right. Still seeing "incorporeal miss" note when my dog attack incorporeal enemies while wearing ghost touch item.

Lesser vampiric enchant on collar work only few minutes after equipping, then stop working. Must be reequipped, but again it working only few minutes.

Wolf”s Trip and Howl enhancement still not working – never trigger itself and can not be activated manually.
    Last edited by Xario; 09-24-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xario View Post
    Ghostbane from collar don't work right. Still seeing "incorporeal miss" note when my dog attack incorporeal enemies while wearing ghost touch item.
    BTW, I've been seeing Incorporeal misses -- on characters who shouldn't have been getting them -- for a long time now. So this bug may not be exclusive to pets, collars, the Ghostbane attribute, or any of them. Unfortunately I was not able to spot any patterns to when it happened.

i guess you're right, i don't always see (of hand)shield hits on ghosts whille using theetherial bracers either .

Default druid pets

even though this thread seems dead now, ill chime in with my 2 cents.

I have both a level capped druid and a lvl 18 artificer.

the artificer pet has the full trip line and a vertigo 10 collar on. I see him tripping all the time.

the druid pet had the full trip line and a vertigo 10 collar on for levels 15-20 and never saw it trip once.

wish that would get fixed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast