Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    198

    Default

    So, to summarise.

    Mitu: I am very important and my importance is directly proportional to how much me being upset is a server-wide issue.

    Others: Yeah it's upsetting when someone doesn't follow instructions, this isn't going to change.

    Mitu: But what needs to be understood is that my xp/minute is so high as to make it a moral imperative that people do what I say in DDO. I have petitioned the European Court of Justice.

    Others: *Back away slowly*

  2. #62
    Community Member Keybreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster5 View Post
    So, to summarise.

    Mitu: I am very important and my importance is directly proportional to how much me being upset is a server-wide issue.

    Others: Yeah it's upsetting when someone doesn't follow instructions, this isn't going to change.

    Mitu: But what needs to be understood is that my xp/minute is so high as to make it a moral imperative that people do what I say in DDO. I have petitioned the European Court of Justice.

    Others: *Back away slowly*
    Hmmm... in 2/2 Orien threads, people who spell it "summarise" really seem to be good at it.

    Here's some Americana for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Reading is fundamental...
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

  3. #63
    Community Member baletraeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I'd withold the personal attacks in Mitu unless you have actually played with him. It's important to understand that while he's trainwrecking there are key rules he has in place to maintain efficiency; the fact that he's a jerk is the only thing that seperates him from most of the other TR-zergers.

    I've had the pleasure of questing a few time with the OP when he's not on a TR run, and he is a competent team player who doesn't deserve to be told to quit the game.

    Now for those of you who do know Mitu, please provide your personal attacks here :P

    Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

  4. #64
    Community Member Keybreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster5 View Post
    So, to summarise.

    Mitu: I am very important and my importance is directly proportional to how much me being upset is a server-wide issue.

    Others: Yeah it's upsetting when someone doesn't follow instructions, this isn't going to change.

    Mitu: But what needs to be understood is that my xp/minute is so high as to make it a moral imperative that people do what I say in DDO. I have petitioned the European Court of Justice.

    Others: *Back away slowly*
    OK. I've been pretty glib about this whole mess, and I've purposely not posted in this thread except to cheekily point out that Lobster5 has eloquently and humorously captured its essence.

    I'm going to do this publicly because the OP has (mis)interpreted my absence as evidence of malice, which it is most certainly not. I've been busy. If anything, my presence on the forums is a good indication that I'm supposed to be working at my computer and I'm procrastinating or taking a break.

    For the record, I've known Hiromo/Mitu for a very long time, more than two and a half years. I can confidently say that he is not a bad guy in the sense that he is never intentionally malicious. When he is in a good mood, he is the most generous and friendly guy on the server.

    But he's moody, and when he is in a bad mood, he's like Taz on Crack. OP has self-identified on the forums as a difficult, demanding, obsessive, jerk. It's great to be self-aware. But knowing that about yourself doesn't actually excuse any of the behavior that stems from these personality shortcomings. Even if you're not being malicious, lack of malicious intent doesn't preclude people from not wanting to deal with you.

    As Lobster5 summarized, there is general sympathy for your point that said PuG PM did an extremely unwise thing, contrary to direction and agreement, and it had a (minor) negative consequence for the whole party. However, it seems to me that just about everyone is offended by the OP's characterization of his own superiority over not just the offending PM, but just about everyone else who does not have 40+ lives... which would be everyone on this server.

    Quote Originally Posted by WoD-IroN View Post
    Mitu is the best TR'r on the server, sorry if you dont agree but he definatly is no matter how many people hate him (i hate him too)
    I think WoD-IroN/Senpo is actually defending the OP and testifying to the OP's superior knowledge and experience with the strong implication that it's better to be respected than liked. While that may be true for despots and dictators, I don't believe that's true here, in a multiplayer game. No one has to put up with you so they won't starve, or their family disappeared... Fast XP is not exactly a life or death commodity. Getting along with people and mutual respect are in fact important in a game where the stakes are very, very low. We play for enjoyment. Period.

    If you're playing for more than that, then there's a problem. Don't play for respect. Don't play for ego. Don't play to soak your attention sponge. Most people will not understand, and might actually be repulsed. You don't have to respect everyone, and not everyone has to like you. So play with people you can and do respect, and don't abuse them.

    We've played a lot together, and I enjoyed the good times, especially when the server was new and you were infinitely more humble. But I play this game to enjoy myself, to enjoy my free time outside of work and family obligations. There are people at work I have to put up with, even pretend I like. Ditto for some family and in-laws. But playing DDO for me, and for many if not most of you out there, is my time. It's a luxury. A treat. Leave me be to enjoy it without bumming me out.
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-03-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

  5. #65
    Community Member ~Quilny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baletraeger View Post
    I'd withold the personal attacks in Mitu unless you have actually played with him. It's important to understand that while he's trainwrecking there are key rules he has in place to maintain efficiency; the fact that he's a jerk is the only thing that seperates him from most of the other TR-zergers.

    I've had the pleasure of questing a few time with the OP when he's not on a TR run, and he is a competent team player who doesn't deserve to be told to quit the game.

    Now for those of you who do know Mitu, please provide your personal attacks here :P
    LOL mtitu is NOT a jerk. He does have star and if people don't like the way he leads they shoudlnt join or if they didnt know they should gracefully drop.

    Mitu has yelled at me threaten to kick me he has kicked me due to not keepign up or dyign too much and I still group with him because behind all his anger issues he is a great player and I get to 20 faster group or don't group with him but attacking him does no one any good.
    massivheals / massivsponge - Orien server
    Member of Blood bath and Beyond
    Guild webpage-
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=3674790

  6. #66
    Community Member baletraeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quilny View Post
    LOL mtitu is NOT a jerk. He does have star and if people don't like the way he leads they shoudlnt join or if they didnt know they should gracefully drop.

    Mitu has yelled at me threaten to kick me he has kicked me due to not keepign up or dyign too much and I still group with him because behind all his anger issues he is a great player and I get to 20 faster group or don't group with him but attacking him does no one any good.
    Okay maybe jerk is the wrong word... Mitu, what derogatory term would you use to describe yourself?

    Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

  7. #67
    Community Member darthhento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Mitu is definately not a jerk. He is moody and easily aggravated though, but whenever I ran with him he always made me laugh my behind off.

    Now concening his original post - he had the star so he had every right to kick anyone from the group for whatever. If you're in a xp/min zerg group you listen to what the leader says since 80% of the time he's done that quest too many times to know how to do it quickly and efficeintly. Just like in a raid. If you don't like the way they're doing it - drop group and put up your own LFM.

    Now if somebody is constantly doing something that you told him not to, damn right you're gonna kick him.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

  8. #68
    Community Member psi0nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    G-Land - Brisbane
    Posts
    442

    Default

    I can understand the initial post to some degree, your wording makes it sound a bit "commanding" and that probably does not go down that well in general.

    That aside.

    If it was not a reaction to your "forbidding" which it doesn't really sound like, the player clearly knew quests and could run them well / had a good build etc, but sometimes, people just noob out, there's not really any better way to put it, I do it myself, especially after a number of runs, sometimes the brain kicks into auto and you just get sloppy, or your just zoning out on the game and the voice chat isn't that loud to take alot of notice of, or perhaps they didn't read it if it was text, whatever.

    There's so many things that could account for it, that is a particularly nasty quest for a PM aswell, when your crushing dungeons one after the other sometimes you get a little "carried away" and do something stupid, no big deal.

    It sounds to me like you handled the situation poorly.

    Just keep in mind that it's not always a case of them being ignorant or whatever, it's just they had a "moment" and possibly feel stupid about it aswell, if someone is being hostile about it, then a negative response is pretty much guaranteed...

  9. #69
    Community Member MoonRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    229

    Default

    There is running a quest to be 100% effecient, being super ANALitical about your tactics, getting stressed over someone dieing, being a control freak and doing a tr i less than a week. Wow sounds alot like going to work to me.

    And then there is kicking back and enjoining the game.

    Peace.

  10. #70
    Community Member davidolson22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quilny View Post
    LOL mtitu is NOT a jerk.

    Mitu has yelled at me threaten to kick me he has kicked me due to not keepign up or dyign too much ... all his anger issues
    I don't know Mitu from anything, but the way you describe him is exactly as a jerk. Someone who yells, threatens, has anger issues, forbids people from rezzing other people, etc. I guess I mean something else when I say jerk than you do. You must mean nice, calm, level-headed guy=jerk??

  11. #71
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    west coast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    My feelings are the OP is one of those who looks at the game like a professional world recognized sport, where the top competitors possess international renown and recognition.

    DDO is obviously not that, and those who treat it as such risk harming their own mental well being when they discover the vast majority of their fellow players will not and in fact often treat those who do with disrespect and disgust which they do truly deserve.

    As most agree, DDO is a game, about fun and relaxing with some friends from around the globe to crawl through a dungeon and dismember some drow.

    Yes most agree there is a sense of accepting an obligatory contract when you click another persons LFM. However that is an unwritten and completely player made up sense of conduct.

    When a group is underway inside an instance however, there is good reason they do not give the leader the ability to kick the party member for ANY reason. The one with the star is only an ORGANIZER and in no way a commander. Once the party starts its no more theirs then any other members and have no special powers over the rest.

    If your in a group, and happen to have the star whether you started the group or happened to get passed it because your class looks more appealing as a leader in the LFM to others, your not in charge in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. After a quest has begun if you encounter another player you cant handle being around without being verbally abusive, nor grief( ordering others not to rez, and ditching soul stones can indeed be reported as griefing) then your option is the same as the rest.

    LEAVE THE GROUP, do not however become abusive, nor a griefer and defend it as your right and privilege because you have the star. If the game wanted you to be able to they would let you kick party members inside instances. You cant, then dont try to abuse someone into leaving the group, you do it first and prove your the mature and responsible one.

  12. #72
    Community Member Kokanee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    OK. I've been pretty glib about this whole mess, and I've purposely not posted in this thread except to cheekily point out that Lobster5 has eloquently and humorously captured its essence.

    I'm going to do this publicly because the OP has (mis)interpreted my absence as evidence of malice, which it is most certainly not. I've been busy. If anything, my presence on the forums is a good indication that I'm supposed to be working at my computer and I'm procrastinating or taking a break.

    For the record, I've known Hiromo/Mitu for a very long time, more than two and a half years. I can confidently say that he is not a bad guy in the sense that he is never intentionally malicious. When he is in a good mood, he is the most generous and friendly guy on the server.

    But he's moody, and when he is in a bad mood, he's like Taz on Crack. OP has self-identified on the forums as a difficult, demanding, obsessive, jerk. It's great to be self-aware. But knowing that about yourself doesn't actually excuse any of the behavior that stems from these personality shortcomings. Even if you're not being malicious, lack of malicious intent doesn't preclude people from not wanting to deal with you.

    As Lobster5 summarized, there is general sympathy for your point that said PuG PM did an extremely unwise thing, contrary to direction and agreement, and it had a (minor) negative consequence for the whole party. However, it seems to me that just about everyone is offended by the OP's characterization of his own superiority over not just the offending PM, but just about everyone else who does not have 40+ lives... which would be everyone on this server.



    I think WoD-IroN/Senpo is actually defending the OP and testifying to the OP's superior knowledge and experience with the strong implication that it's better to be respected than liked. While that may be true for despots and dictators, I don't believe that's true here, in a multiplayer game. No one has to put up with you so they won't starve, or their family disappeared... Fast XP is not exactly a life or death commodity. Getting along with people and mutual respect are in fact important in a game where the stakes are very, very low. We play for enjoyment. Period.

    If you're playing for more than that, then there's a problem. Don't play for respect. Don't play for ego. Don't play to soak your attention sponge. Most people will not understand, and might actually be repulsed. You don't have to respect everyone, and not everyone has to like you. So play with people you can and do respect, and don't abuse them.

    We've played a lot together, and I enjoyed the good times, especially when the server was new and you were infinitely more humble. But I play this game to enjoy myself, to enjoy my free time outside of work and family obligations. There are people at work I have to put up with, even pretend I like. Ditto for some family and in-laws. But playing DDO for me, and for many if not most of you out there, is my time. It's a luxury. A treat. Leave me be to enjoy it without bumming me out.
    Wow, just wow!
    Captured my view just about 100% right.
    Vyking FvS | Spectron Sorc | Khant Wiz Completionist | Drower Bard | Squasher Ftr | xPando Monk
    ------ Leader of Easy Raiders Guild ------

  13. #73
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    17,642

    Default

    Due to fighting and personal attacks, this thread is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload