Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 2,601 to 2,608 of 2608
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks spyder7723 for the Bank Templete, there is now a Fawnbank on every world....

Thank phone company employees who spent multiple hours going over my internet and setting up an upgrade.
    Seems the community was piled unto 20 meg/sec sharing while upgrade equipment was being installed.
    Also it appears either my modem or phone is giving a random on/off short in the dsl line.
    So, unplugging my phone while I am (which seems to help the net a lot) while I game.
    {Side note, this is the 2nd or 3rd phone that has possibly done thus, so it is something to be aware of.}

My bonus Otto's Box is on Khyber, but that is ok...
    If I had known about this whole Season's Pass thing a day earlier I might have left Fawnglow on Khyber.
    Time will tell, atm collecting Daily Golds and banking thus, after all, I have about 44 character slots on every server.
    Khyber is ok for the Box, I still have extra shards there, and lots of fluffy pets....

Avengers 4 trailer is out, and looking good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Thanks spyder7723 for the Bank Templete, there is now a Fawnbank on every world....

Thank phone company employees who spent multiple hours going over my internet and setting up an upgrade.
    Seems the community was piled unto 20 meg/sec sharing while upgrade equipment was being installed.
    Also it appears either my modem or phone is giving a random on/off short in the dsl line.
    So, unplugging my phone while I am (which seems to help the net a lot) while I game.
    {Side note, this is the 2nd or 3rd phone that has possibly done thus, so it is something to be aware of.}

My bonus Otto's Box is on Khyber, but that is ok...
    If I had known about this whole Season's Pass thing a day earlier I might have left Fawnglow on Khyber.
    Time will tell, atm collecting Daily Golds and banking thus, after all, I have about 44 character slots on every server.
    Khyber is ok for the Box, I still have extra shards there, and lots of fluffy pets....

Avengers 4 trailer is out, and looking good.
    You are quite welcome. Glad to be able to return some of the help you gave me years ago.

And if you end up wishing that box was on your new server let me know. Maybe we can figure out a fair trade.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Was able to render parts of this while soloing heroic Ravenloft at 0.0% loss.
    So far, removing phone out of the dsl loop seems to be the key to victory.

Refining my cartoon skills, hoping to do more as time moves on...

ps enjoyed the new free to play quest in the harbor, its rather interesting
    Ps2 had fun raiding on Wayfinder, loss was often at 0.X% even in Deathwym, Spine & Babba which was problematic in the past
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-08-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Daily Dice rolls are reset, DDO says every 16 hours, so I will have to track these now.

The lucky world today was Galahad with a 97 on the gold rolls for an xp chip, tome of fate +3, and a bird companion certificate.

So, if one wants to make a brand new multi-life toon on a brand new server, how does one start?
    Well, actually a few gold rolls, always helped me for the plat to get a few potions.

But what kind of build would one start with?

(After the obligatory bank mule (thanks))…

Well, your first two lives are discounted in heroic Xp tremendously, so I don't recommend Iconic as in this case and an Otto's Box, Iconics waste your value.

Looking at either starting your racials or grabbing a universal heroic PL.

Paladin is self sufficient (since your base umd and potion plat funds are going be a bit sad) and has healing amp for a past life.

Warlock for racials is pretty hard to mess up, using the above Challenge farmer templet would be good start as a Vet 7( or Vet 4 if you did not pick up Vet 7 from expansion).

I definitely need to get an Addy thrower for Fawn pronto...maybe Thunderforged?
    No throwers on the AU to craft, maybe ill pull one?
    Guess I could check bank... unlikely but possible...nope...

Went with Thunderforged Throwing Axe with First Degree burns (tier one upgrade, ingots are scarce so not going waste on tier two).

Edit:

I have long said, one can make a very good toon out of a 3rd lifer, perhaps its time to put my money where my mouth is?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-08-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Poking this in here, since we are having discussions on merits of Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Melkazar View Post
    I run "Time is Money" Cannith challenge. After I'm done with my main, I head over there and do one of two runs for an average of 150-200 epic wings per run. 300 wings get a token. The sweet spot seems to be running on a level 24 character. Takes 5 minutes per run. Here's my pattern:

Grab all the torches in the central area to corral the kobolds.
    Look west. If there are two blues (purples? I'm color blind) at the end of the hall, go that way. If not, go south and up to the east.
    Clear some mobs, lay some torches, buy some barrels and workers.
    Add some time if needed.
    Work your way into the west dead end or the east upper level deadend. More than enough crystals.

If you don't have challenges, get free tokens from the vendor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Poking this in here, since we are having discussions on merits of Challenges:

Planar palace is my preferred fast challenge for token or renown pots. Run it five levels over for much better mat numbers. If solo i just go straight to that upstairs deadend that's right of where you zone in. If i got a partner to buy barrels and kobolds ill still do that first but then ill go downstairs (again right in relation to when when you zone in) and work towards the possible dragon spawn point. With a partner to hold center i almost always get 700+ mats and if the dragon is up its about 1k.

I keep hearing lava caves is better mats per minute but for whatever reason i just can't do as well in there.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    I keep hearing lava caves is better mats per minute but for whatever reason i just can't do as well in there.
    I have trouble in Lava Caves too, probably don't know it well enough.
    Or maybe its just more random luck?

So, thinking about making an Alt on each world named Fawn(insert initial of world here).

But what build should an alt like that be?
    What is the theory of having an alt stable?
    Perhaps it should be a celebration of different builds?

Considered leaving each world collecting, which is very viable with so many character slots available.

One could spend 2495 (half the price of an Otto's Box) to move a toon thru one or more worlds, but spending half the price of an Otto's to get 3/4 of an Otto's seems a bit wasteful?

Fawnglow and Fawngale might should be moved to another world someday?
    As discussed earlier, Fawngate the ultimate completionist might should focus on reaper when she reincarnates for more PLs as such becomes available?

We do have that stray Otto's on Khyber...

Update, Fawnglow was holding out (being on a 50% pot always makes me a bit tentative to play as one want to get the best value), but she lead a guild vale slayers/explorers/rare group yesterday and we had a good time. She easily took level 20, and probably will take the Racial PL and head back to Korthos.

Still need to work Fawnglow in her domainless cleric life from 18 to 20.

Fawngate is still happily enjoying the lag free conditions after the visit from the phone company and unplugging our telephone.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Got up a bit early for the daily rolls (so that the next set would not be too terribly late), and ended up taking a lot of pictures of the first real frost in our yard.
    Some of the close ups might look pretty good.

Got lucky on Cannith today...have to start thinking like an Alt-a-lolic and figure out some cool low life builds...

Fawngale rolled over into the Dragonborn race as a Warlock, which should be fun...thinking maybe she might move to another world someday, time will tell...

Recent movies enjoyed: Ready Player One, Hallmark Xmas Movies, prime original Lost in Oz series, Tomb Raider, Incredible 2
    Some interesting Japanese anime that is not dubbed free on Prime such as Girl's Last Tour...

+7 str tome on Cannith, just says, make a melee toon here...
    and FawnC is born on Cannith as a Str based two handed human pally with augment summoning and quick draw
    placed her wis higher than I normally would have due to zero wis tomes atm
    time will tell...

Very happy with all the expansion goodies to open with her (not the previous bank toon as some things are 1 per world), its a nice opening start for Cannith…
    Looking towards possibly TR into Pally PL or Human racial PL...

Feeding a few random tomes to Fawnglow who has not been played for quite a long time...

Leaning towards maybe an end game raiding bard for a build?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-12-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131