Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138
Results 2,741 to 2,747 of 2747
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

I know Update 45 is said to be upgrades for Tanks, but this is finally an update the nerfs my playing styles pretty hard.
    It had to happen, I have been thru so many unscathed.

First there is the -10% Renege Master Hit Points.

Next there is the -5% Aasimar Hit Points and -10 caster levels Healing Hands

And also the removal of Glancing Blows from THF, replacing it with Strikethru.
    For a traditional two handed weapon there is a damage increase by increase STR Modifier to x2, but this does not apply to Bastard Swords.
    Against a single target, the Bastard Sword decreases in damage, which is already a weakness of Tanks.

One could adjust by giving up the Arty levels for Pally 18 and consider the merits of Capstone vs Wizard 1 & Fighter 1.
    One could swap to Fighter 18.
    It does make more tank options available.

However, Epic Defensive Fighting remains a strong competitor to Tank Builds hit points as this option is not being reduced.
    I realize that melee is difficult to play on reaper mode.
    Irony, non tanky builds not able to rez easy or use the Symbol of Ravenloft but are able to get hit points like a tank without the sacrifices.
    Limited ranged for casting spell is a much smaller price to pay than terrible dps.

The race choices are more varied now, which is good.
    Dwarf might be a choice now.
    Human might become a choice as well.

On the plus side:

New Pally Spells being very much improved.
    New Alchemist class reminds me of a spell casting version of monk finishing moves.

I mean I expected to move off of this build, and it is still a good build.
    5293 hp is reduced to 4859 hp (reaper dungeons) on the test server.

The big hit is my Open Guild for All Hardcore Season II plans:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    The upcoming nerf to airships:

Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ew-1-1-14-1-16

Negates a significant portion of the mission of the Open Guild for All, providing quality airship buffs to everyone, and is not something that I would have anticipated happening.

It really nerfs my future plans for the Hardcore Server, so I am very uncertain as to my future role therein.

It also brings my mind into question the Devs attitude towards my role in the Hardcore Season I?
    I do feel that Cordovan has a Positive Outlook on what I did.
    Is removing them right before an announcement of when Hardcore Season II will occur intentional?

I know the Devs see the numbers, but when one logs in multiple times a day to remove the fallen, it gives so much clearer view of the true carnage of the Hardcore Server.
    Do we really need the Hardcore Server to be more difficult?

Anyway, time will tell, and I apologize for getting people's hope up, maybe someone else can do the Astral Ships for the next season...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have decided to create a Youtube Channel featuring art, gaming, and storytelling.

I think the Youtube format might be an exciting evolution forward for me. One could even adapt my ideas for a comic into a Youtube channel with some creativity.

If someone had told me a long time ago that one could make money off of gaming, I would have said, "When an elephant flies!"

I feel limiting myself only to DDO would be a mistake, but precluding DDO from the channel might also be a mistake.

In the past, I have wanted to expand, but websites such as Deviant Art ask you to pay them, which is not a step forward. Hopefully, I can leverage Youtube's ad-based nature into a modest income along with a worthy hobby to invest my time.

Over the past year, I have been analyzing various subscriptions and expenses. I have kept the Adobe Suite, which does include a lot of software dealing with audio and video. I recently added Grammarly due to my apparent lack of editorial help and the foolish free auto spell correction systems, which have created some humorous sentences for your and my "enjoyment."

I believe Fawn and I have "won DDO" because we had fun and made a lot of friends along the way.

The remainder of this thread will likely feature links to Youtube content that might be of interest to all of you. I don't have anything available right now, which means I need to get cracking and start creating.

There will be a learning curve as I am more familiar with Photoshop than Auditions or After Effects, but I do feel that those programs are very much worthwhile to add to my skillset.

If you don't see Fawn and me around, we still think all of you are great, and we are plotting new fun.

I get so tired of hearing "ring the bell, like and subscribe" on every single video that I think I might omit that phrase, trying to create videos that speak for themselves and are worth watching. I hope. Of course, if I do giveaways (as we have seen on this thread), then I might have some qualifications.

I do feel my role in life is "....I choose to see the beauty in this world..."

Journalism is not my path, and I shall not discuss politics on my Youtube channel.

Or as Dolly Parton once said in an interview:

“I’m not being political,” she said matter-of-factly. “I don’t do politics. I’m not getting into any of that, because I have a lot of fans out there and I don’t want to offend anybody. And besides, I just don’t get into that. So if you decide you may want to ask me something more serious, don’t, because I’m not gonna answer it!”

It has been great fun writing this thread, thank you for being my friends!
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 01-18-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Working through Adobe Premier Pro tutorials, still, a lot of viewing left to do, but it looks like Adobe wants to make video creating easily accessible.

A few questions (feel free to post or PM comments):
    {Names will be withheld if this becomes a video, unless instructed otherwise.}
    {others are doing DDO Dev Video Chat interviews, so I don't want to compete, although I might make an informative Cartoon approach.}

I have Magic the Gathering Online and Magic Arena accounts.
    Magic Arena looks better in videos but does not have the card depth that Magic the Gathering Online has.
    Does anyone prefer seeing Magic the Gathering Online videos over Magic Arena?

What are your feelings about the famous Triad of Healer/Tank/Striker DPS roles in DDO and other games?

Do you feel DDO Developers have addressed the problems of incentivizing Triad roles?

Do you feel the original D&D party of Cleric (Healer), Fighter (Tank), Thief (Puzzler), and Wizard (Striker) is a better party role to incentivize?

Do you feel Epic Defensive Fighting with its substantial restrictions for melee party healing has encouraged or discouraged the ideal Triad/Quad party roles? Do you feel Epic Defensive Fighting significant restrictions for melee party healing has urged players to shift towards ranged/spellcasting toons?

Do you feel Reaper self-healing penalties have encouraged or discouraged the ideal Triad/Quad party roles?

Do you feel Triad/Quad party roles are essential for DDO? Do you often party without Tanks or Healers? What are your thoughts about such gaming experiences?

Do you like an All Striker party group? Do you feel it is superior to a Healer/Tank/Puzzer/Striker/random toon/random toon?

What do you think is the ideal party composition if you could pick?

If you expand a party into a raid, what are your thoughts about party composition therein?

Have you played any other games that involve Triad/Quad roles, and what are your thoughts therein?

Have you ever played Overwatch, and do you think their Role Lock is the right solution? Could that be adapted to DDO in any way?

What are your thoughts about Lord of the Rings and Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon, both lacking, leading party Healer roles? Is the passive healing to reduce overall power within the party to overcome obstacles? Is this the right direction for a video game?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I would like to thank Cordovan for giving me a response to my questions.

Combining this with one or two earlier Developer statements should a good introduction to one of the videos that I am pondering.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Update:

Fawngate and a new Fawndawn are working through Korthos and beyond on Khyber.
    If you happen to meet this team, we are recording for possibly Youtube videos.

Fawngate lacks two Tiefling Past Lives still and, of course, the upcoming Alchemist, but she is focusing on setting up recording atm and learning Premiere Pro.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have finished filming my walkthru for a free to play ddo new comer.
    (Lots to do including voice over, learning the awesome Premier Pro, figuring out you-tube content, etc, etc, etc...)

Overall, the video sessions were very successful, but long and potentially very boring.

For those of you having friends who might want consider suggesting/modifying my strategy here is a quick run down of the direction I went:

Used VIP but looked up plat cap and a list of F2P quests on ddo wiki.

Created Rangers in Vet 7 for all three paths.
    Compared paths to my actually build preferences.

Found all three Ranger paths to be "more than good enough" to work with.

Considered all three Ranger paths highly superior to a F2P player navigating the danger of "accidentally taking feats that would be auto-granted by the Ranger class later on in that life".

I realize many experts would disagree with my assessment that Ranger Path are one of the best choices (I filmed Tempest Path) for a new player, but that is fine with me. I do feel that build and navigation are the biggest challenges for a newcomer to ddo.

I did TR Fawngate into a pure Paladin who is going Vanguard (focusing on durable melee).
    This gives a look at the other good option.

I do not consider any free to play caster class including Cleric (of any sort) to be desirable for a new player.
    Cleric involves a lot of expectations that a possibly self healing Ranger (that can shift from bow to dual wielding) does not.
    Sorcerer is too fragile for a player with only 40 hit points and zero plat.

I went incap once, but my hire saved me from a red alert in WW pt2.
    I did all quests on normal until level 4 wherein I returned to korthos to pick up h&e favor, at which point I stopped filming.
    I did not use my main to adventure except twice (Steathly normal zerg and Crystal Elite with intimidate).
    I did not use ship buffs.

Hires were used at all times, with Barbarian lvl 1, Barbarian lvl 3, and Favored Soul lvl 4 (summon dog) working out nicely.

Things like guild invites, hot bars, trading, tells, party invites were shown.
    Maps from ddo wiki were shown.

Honestly, I think DDO players spend so much time playing ddo (as it is time consuming) that I wonder if they have any time to watch DDO videos?
    DDO wiki is so much better resource than a video.

I can understand a player stopping by this thread to read whatever random thoughts that I have, but is a lot less than expecting a new player to watch 5 hours of video before even playing the game...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I highly recommend reading thru:

Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild: A 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons Supplement (4th Edition D&D)

as it is very insightful. I based Fawngate's Origin story upon thus.
    (it should be somewhere in this thread)

Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138