Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139 LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 2763
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

I know Update 45 is said to be upgrades for Tanks, but this is finally an update the nerfs my playing styles pretty hard.
    It had to happen, I have been thru so many unscathed.

First there is the -10% Renege Master Hit Points.

Next there is the -5% Aasimar Hit Points and -10 caster levels Healing Hands

And also the removal of Glancing Blows from THF, replacing it with Strikethru.
    For a traditional two handed weapon there is a damage increase by increase STR Modifier to x2, but this does not apply to Bastard Swords.
    Against a single target, the Bastard Sword decreases in damage, which is already a weakness of Tanks.

One could adjust by giving up the Arty levels for Pally 18 and consider the merits of Capstone vs Wizard 1 & Fighter 1.
    One could swap to Fighter 18.
    It does make more tank options available.

However, Epic Defensive Fighting remains a strong competitor to Tank Builds hit points as this option is not being reduced.
    I realize that melee is difficult to play on reaper mode.
    Irony, non tanky builds not able to rez easy or use the Symbol of Ravenloft but are able to get hit points like a tank without the sacrifices.
    Limited ranged for casting spell is a much smaller price to pay than terrible dps.

The race choices are more varied now, which is good.
    Dwarf might be a choice now.
    Human might become a choice as well.

On the plus side:

New Pally Spells being very much improved.
    New Alchemist class reminds me of a spell casting version of monk finishing moves.

I mean I expected to move off of this build, and it is still a good build.
    5293 hp is reduced to 4859 hp (reaper dungeons) on the test server.

The big hit is my Open Guild for All Hardcore Season II plans:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    The upcoming nerf to airships:

Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ew-1-1-14-1-16

Negates a significant portion of the mission of the Open Guild for All, providing quality airship buffs to everyone, and is not something that I would have anticipated happening.

It really nerfs my future plans for the Hardcore Server, so I am very uncertain as to my future role therein.

It also brings my mind into question the Devs attitude towards my role in the Hardcore Season I?
    I do feel that Cordovan has a Positive Outlook on what I did.
    Is removing them right before an announcement of when Hardcore Season II will occur intentional?

I know the Devs see the numbers, but when one logs in multiple times a day to remove the fallen, it gives so much clearer view of the true carnage of the Hardcore Server.
    Do we really need the Hardcore Server to be more difficult?

Anyway, time will tell, and I apologize for getting people's hope up, maybe someone else can do the Astral Ships for the next season...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have decided to create a Youtube Channel featuring art, gaming, and storytelling.

I think the Youtube format might be an exciting evolution forward for me. One could even adapt my ideas for a comic into a Youtube channel with some creativity.

If someone had told me a long time ago that one could make money off of gaming, I would have said, "When an elephant flies!"

I feel limiting myself only to DDO would be a mistake, but precluding DDO from the channel might also be a mistake.

In the past, I have wanted to expand, but websites such as Deviant Art ask you to pay them, which is not a step forward. Hopefully, I can leverage Youtube's ad-based nature into a modest income along with a worthy hobby to invest my time.

Over the past year, I have been analyzing various subscriptions and expenses. I have kept the Adobe Suite, which does include a lot of software dealing with audio and video. I recently added Grammarly due to my apparent lack of editorial help and the foolish free auto spell correction systems, which have created some humorous sentences for your and my "enjoyment."

I believe Fawn and I have "won DDO" because we had fun and made a lot of friends along the way.

The remainder of this thread will likely feature links to Youtube content that might be of interest to all of you. I don't have anything available right now, which means I need to get cracking and start creating.

There will be a learning curve as I am more familiar with Photoshop than Auditions or After Effects, but I do feel that those programs are very much worthwhile to add to my skillset.

If you don't see Fawn and me around, we still think all of you are great, and we are plotting new fun.

I get so tired of hearing "ring the bell, like and subscribe" on every single video that I think I might omit that phrase, trying to create videos that speak for themselves and are worth watching. I hope. Of course, if I do giveaways (as we have seen on this thread), then I might have some qualifications.

I do feel my role in life is "....I choose to see the beauty in this world..."

Journalism is not my path, and I shall not discuss politics on my Youtube channel.

Or as Dolly Parton once said in an interview:

“I’m not being political,” she said matter-of-factly. “I don’t do politics. I’m not getting into any of that, because I have a lot of fans out there and I don’t want to offend anybody. And besides, I just don’t get into that. So if you decide you may want to ask me something more serious, don’t, because I’m not gonna answer it!”

It has been great fun writing this thread, thank you for being my friends!
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 01-18-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Working through Adobe Premier Pro tutorials, still, a lot of viewing left to do, but it looks like Adobe wants to make video creating easily accessible.

A few questions (feel free to post or PM comments):
    {Names will be withheld if this becomes a video, unless instructed otherwise.}
    {others are doing DDO Dev Video Chat interviews, so I don't want to compete, although I might make an informative Cartoon approach.}

I have Magic the Gathering Online and Magic Arena accounts.
    Magic Arena looks better in videos but does not have the card depth that Magic the Gathering Online has.
    Does anyone prefer seeing Magic the Gathering Online videos over Magic Arena?

What are your feelings about the famous Triad of Healer/Tank/Striker DPS roles in DDO and other games?

Do you feel DDO Developers have addressed the problems of incentivizing Triad roles?

Do you feel the original D&D party of Cleric (Healer), Fighter (Tank), Thief (Puzzler), and Wizard (Striker) is a better party role to incentivize?

Do you feel Epic Defensive Fighting with its substantial restrictions for melee party healing has encouraged or discouraged the ideal Triad/Quad party roles? Do you feel Epic Defensive Fighting significant restrictions for melee party healing has urged players to shift towards ranged/spellcasting toons?

Do you feel Reaper self-healing penalties have encouraged or discouraged the ideal Triad/Quad party roles?

Do you feel Triad/Quad party roles are essential for DDO? Do you often party without Tanks or Healers? What are your thoughts about such gaming experiences?

Do you like an All Striker party group? Do you feel it is superior to a Healer/Tank/Puzzer/Striker/random toon/random toon?

What do you think is the ideal party composition if you could pick?

If you expand a party into a raid, what are your thoughts about party composition therein?

Have you played any other games that involve Triad/Quad roles, and what are your thoughts therein?

Have you ever played Overwatch, and do you think their Role Lock is the right solution? Could that be adapted to DDO in any way?

What are your thoughts about Lord of the Rings and Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon, both lacking, leading party Healer roles? Is the passive healing to reduce overall power within the party to overcome obstacles? Is this the right direction for a video game?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I would like to thank Cordovan for giving me a response to my questions.

Combining this with one or two earlier Developer statements should a good introduction to one of the videos that I am pondering.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Update:

Fawngate and a new Fawndawn are working through Korthos and beyond on Khyber.
    If you happen to meet this team, we are recording for possibly Youtube videos.

Fawngate lacks two Tiefling Past Lives still and, of course, the upcoming Alchemist, but she is focusing on setting up recording atm and learning Premiere Pro.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have finished filming my walkthru for a free to play ddo new comer.
    (Lots to do including voice over, learning the awesome Premier Pro, figuring out you-tube content, etc, etc, etc...)

Overall, the video sessions were very successful, but long and potentially very boring.

For those of you having friends who might want consider suggesting/modifying my strategy here is a quick run down of the direction I went:

Used VIP but looked up plat cap and a list of F2P quests on ddo wiki.

Created Rangers in Vet 7 for all three paths.
    Compared paths to my actually build preferences.

Found all three Ranger paths to be "more than good enough" to work with.

Considered all three Ranger paths highly superior to a F2P player navigating the danger of "accidentally taking feats that would be auto-granted by the Ranger class later on in that life".

I realize many experts would disagree with my assessment that Ranger Path are one of the best choices (I filmed Tempest Path) for a new player, but that is fine with me. I do feel that build and navigation are the biggest challenges for a newcomer to ddo.

I did TR Fawngate into a pure Paladin who is going Vanguard (focusing on durable melee).
    This gives a look at the other good option.

I do not consider any free to play caster class including Cleric (of any sort) to be desirable for a new player.
    Cleric involves a lot of expectations that a possibly self healing Ranger (that can shift from bow to dual wielding) does not.
    Sorcerer is too fragile for a player with only 40 hit points and zero plat.

I went incap once, but my hire saved me from a red alert in WW pt2.
    I did all quests on normal until level 4 wherein I returned to korthos to pick up h&e favor, at which point I stopped filming.
    I did not use my main to adventure except twice (Steathly normal zerg and Crystal Elite with intimidate).
    I did not use ship buffs.

Hires were used at all times, with Barbarian lvl 1, Barbarian lvl 3, and Favored Soul lvl 4 (summon dog) working out nicely.

Things like guild invites, hot bars, trading, tells, party invites were shown.
    Maps from ddo wiki were shown.

Honestly, I think DDO players spend so much time playing ddo (as it is time consuming) that I wonder if they have any time to watch DDO videos?
    DDO wiki is so much better resource than a video.

I can understand a player stopping by this thread to read whatever random thoughts that I have, but is a lot less than expecting a new player to watch 5 hours of video before even playing the game...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I highly recommend reading thru:

Player's Option: Heroes of the Feywild: A 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons Supplement (4th Edition D&D)

as it is very insightful. I based Fawngate's Origin story upon thus.
    (it should be somewhere in this thread)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    ... Another thing we can say today about our upcoming Feywild expansion is that you will need to learn new, powerful ways to overcome challenge, and doing so will gain you the experience necessary to push past level 30 for the first time in DDO history...

Sev~

Hi everyone!

I have a few thoughts after much pondering upon this announcement from the leader of DDO:

When one is lucky enough to have a really, really big box of chocolates given to you, what does one do?

Assuming you don't live on a military base (a salute to Veterans) or in a Swiss boarding school for girls (either of which would result in the complete demolition of said Chocolate Box within the hour), in normal circumstances, I would anticipate a few people eating one or two Chocolate each then putting a lid on the box to save the rest for later.

The Chocolates will save a long time wrapped back up, even a very long time, perhaps?

Using thus as a Metaphor, I would suggest to the Developer to take care to eat their new huge chocolate box with great care and patience, removing one or two chocolates at a time, then replacing the lid.

A new expansion expects a measure of increase depth and power, and if that power is measured in levels, please measure those levels with care.

Raising the level cap by one or two levels per expansion is more than enough to grant an increase in equipment power while allowing current infrastructure to support such changes (via existing dungeons and trees).

We already have an existing feat system of heroic and epic feats that are granted every three levels which we can continue to use. We already have a lot of Legendary Scion Feats and Epic Destiny Feats which we can continue to use.

D&D lore indicates that Mystra will do most anything to prevent spells above 9th level from being cast.

After all, she was born anew after Karsus cast a 12 level spell that replaced himself with Mystryl to take over her powers (Karsus's Folly) in order to save the floating cities of Netheril from magic eating monsters.

Bound and helpless, Mystryl sacrificed herself to prevent the destruction of the Weave, thereby making herself nothing (and causing Karsus to become a copy of nothing). Karsus eventually joined the Great Old Ones, and the new Mystra was born with a strong aversion for allowing humaniods access to High Magic.

Here is a video explaining all this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp_-5kXw_9g

We could envision Legendary Level expansions increasing like thus:

Level 30 Epic Skills and Epic Power feats are renamed, Legendary Skills and Legendary Power.

Feywild 2020
    Level increases to 32

Level 31 grants an additional Epic Destiny Feat, a Legendary Skill Feat (likely +1 to all skills), and a Legendary Power Feat (perhaps slightly better than the Epic Power Feat such as +4 melee power, +4 ranged power, +10 spell power, and -1% cost to spells).

Level 32 grants an additional Legendary Scion Feat, a Legendary Skill Feat, and a Legendary Power Feat.

Planal Travel? 2021 (or 2022)
    Level increases to 34

Level 33 grants an additional Feat choice (from existing Epic or Heroic Feats), an additional Epic Destiny Feat, a Legendary Skill Feat, and a Legendary Power Feat.

Level 34 grants an additional Legendary Scion Feat, a Legendary Skills Feat, and a Legendary Power Feat.

Psionics? 2023 (insert cool name here)
    Level increases to 36

Level 35 grants an additional Epic Destiny Feat, a Legendary Skill Feat (likely +1 to all skills), and a Legendary Power Feat (perhaps slightly better than the Epic Power Feat such as +4 melee power, +4 ranged power, +10 spell power, and -1% cost to spells).

Level 36 grants an additional Feat choice (from existing Epic or Heroic Feats), an additional Legendary Scion Feat, a Legendary Skill Feat, and a Legendary Power Feat.

Return to Sharn - the King's Forest 2024 (or 2025) (or some other worthy name)
    Level increases to 38, but Legendary Reincarnation does not occur.

Level 37 and 38 follow the feat progression as decided by the Developers in earlier Legendary Levels.

Journey to Everice 2026 (or some other more worthy name)

Level increases to 40 and Legendary Reincarnation begins with Legendary Past Lives not being activated until one reaches Legendary Levels. Legendary Reincarnation returns one to level 30.

Each past life cannot only be taken once, and each past life takes on the name a characteristic of one of the thirteen planes of Eberron?

Level 39 grants Feat choice, Legendary Skills, Legendary Power and an upper level Epic Destiny Feat.

Level 40 grants an Immortal Feat, Immortal Skills (likely still +1), and Immortal Power (likely slightly better than Legendary Power).

At the sake of sanity thruout this, Epic, Iconic and Heroic reincarnations would keep the same levels as before, not increasing any.

There could be a Legendary Tree system, but I don't see the need for more Trees (remember Karsus's Folly). I do feel a generous granting of Epic Destiny Feats (perhaps adding a few higher-level ones as desired) along with using the existing Legendary Scion Feats will be more than enough when combined with normal feats and ability score increments.

I would recommend that Developers do not adjust any past live feats to make up for the inflation of level cap increases, leaving past lives as is will help newcomers feel less obligated to hunt all the existing past lives available.

So, I would urge the Developers that if you go down this path of increasing the level cap, please eat your chocolates sparingly.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 02-10-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

A refresher regarding the upcoming Alchemist Class:

Completionists will be given a free feat swap.
    The new class will negate the Completionist feat working.

A complex build such as Pally 14/Artty 5/Wizard 1, which has three classes, cannot use a +20 heart to add another class.
    One must reduce the number of classes in a build down to two or less before adding a new third-class via hearts.

Given a tie between two classes, a new class will always lose the tie.
    The order for tie-breaker is original classes in alphabetical order, then classes by the order in which they were released.
    Hence, a pair of +5 hearts cannot ever turn a pure class into a new class past life.

If in doubt as to a hasty build through a new class without invest in understanding that class, the old tried and true Artty 6/Rogue 6/ Anything 8 combination still works fine.

Also, one could prepare a current toon to level nine with two levels of banked experience.
    This yields a 9 Anything/11 Alchemist build for an Alchemist past life.
    (This is where Fawngate is atm, nine levels of Paladin with two banked levels.)

If you are unsure of what your past life will become after adjusting, relog then step into a wilderness while calling a hire.
    Whatever your symbol shows in the party bar will be your new past life.

Assume your first run through any class will be imperfect.
    (That is why I am considering Pally / Alchemist, which has zero class synergy, simply because I am there.)

It will help your overall knowledge of DDO to run a pure version of a new class, even if you don't like it.
    That will help you understand the weakness and strengths of the class, better enabling you to strategize and help other party members using that class later on.

Combining an Iconic with a new Class will earn you both as Past Life feats, which is efficient and gives you an exciting end game look at a new class.

If you do use a +1 heart to remove the forced Iconic class gained at level one, level your Iconic up to 15. Then use the +1 heart, but be sure and remove this class during the initial character creation screen by choosing one of Melee or Caster or Specialist buttons on the very first screen. After that screen, choose the class that you want to replace the forced class. At this point, you will get a verification notice that you are using one of your class changes. If you leave iconic chosen during this +1 heart reincarnation, life-giver will NOT be able to remove this forced class later on.

The Borderlands is an exciting Pack, which has easy to earn excellent weapon choices; I suggest you visit there. Thumbs up to the Developers on this pack.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 02-10-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

In the ending of the Lord of the Rings, the king promises that humans will forever treat the Ents fairly.

The wise Ent replies, "Forever is a very long time..."

I have noticed in a wide variety of games that Bans seem to come in two durations: One Month or less and Permanent.
    Why?

There is a lot of in between a few weeks and eternity.

A year or two or three or five or ten could be enough time for a person to consider their actions strongly and perhaps change. Time has eroded mountains, built glaciers, broken nations, and transformed civilizations.

For some people, a game might be "all they have," or it might feel that way to them.

It should be a pretty serious decision to remove years of effort and hobby time placed inside a game permanently, and such a decision should be made with great care.

But if a person uses a game as a vehicle for a felony or attempted felony, that is automatic justification for complete and permanent personal and multiple account bans.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 02-12-2020 at 05:04 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Updating client to U45 and here is the quote of the week:

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    There's a lot of arguments we could make for keeping those buffs, but the big reason why they had to go had to do with balance, and not just on hardcore league.
    Take a look at those buffs from game design perspective.
    At low levels, they make you completely ignore a trap that would murder a newbie. You could walk into that acid or fire or what have you, stand around in it, take a shower, go get groceries, do laundry, take a long weekend and still be fine the next week.
    Whereas a new or returning player character without access to a grandfathered-in guild, would die in a split-heartbeat, not even know what happened and likely bounce out of the game entirely. I have 40 hitpoints, what is this 50 cold damage twice, are you kidding me, how is that fair? Cue table-flip.
    This puts level designers between a rock and a hard place. Do we balance the game for veterans who laugh at anything that does 30 elemental damage or less, and routinely swim in lava for the luls, or do we try and make new content that would draw new people in?
    Oh, maybe we could do both? Maybe we could write a tricky script that would check every player in the dungeon for old-school guild buffs, and if they do have them, up the damage on everything for them specifically? Wait, that's not going to work either. One: what happens if your guild buffs expire mid-dungeon? Two: what's the point of upping trap or monster spell damage to counteract an existing buff, wouldn't that act make that buff meaningless, to begin with? Three: can you imagine the bugs that would come out of that?
    If the buffs didn't make such a dramatic difference, we could argue about their effects being unimportant. But they are disruptive. In a way, they reduce your hitpoints bar to a binary value: you're either at full health, or you're dead. You either walk through hell without a care or you pop your soulstone and gasp at combat log. It's as if you had 1 hit point, and your Con modifier and other defenses meant nothing at all. It's a very narrow design frame for building content and systems.
    I'm sorry these changes are hard to accept for some of you, but we did it for the long-term health of the game.
    Thank you for reading this rather long-winded explanation.

Ok, I will take this as a good enough answer for me.
    Thank you, Flimsy Firewood.

As a side note, I have never called for a boycott of the upcoming Hardcore League seasons, and I never will.

I still do not know my role in future Hardcore Leagues.
    If I were smart, I would probably spend the $400+ for dual Dreadnought Airships and plug my Youtube channel and call it even.

I have made several severe goofs via voice over, but that means that I am learning.

Currently, I am watching two different tutorials on Premier Pro for a bit, then working on my recording till I get lost, then returning to the tutorials or googling for help.

Zero videos on my channel, but I finally made it and decided on an ambitious focus.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

The portable hole scroll vendors have lots of Alchemist Scrolls to scribe.

For those looking for Alchemical Spell Components, take the teleporter to House J and step inside the Feather Fall Apothecary.

There is no lock on an Alchemist lesser reincarnations class swap.
    Others have tested it via forum reporting.

Alchemist is considered a specialist class with more extensive skill selections and only six levels of spells.

Stats to focus on in order of importance: Int, Dex, Con.

There are a lot of new spells introduced with this class.
    I call for Hats off the Developers for creating a class that stands out as distinctive.
    As such, there may be a learning curve before standard build designs appear.

In starting, think of the Alchemist as a variation of Artificer (Darts instead of Xbows; Imbues instead of Rune Arms) with some Monk-Like features (Water-Light-Water finishing moves) converted over to spell casting, and some Bard-Like features (healing along with spellcasting that is less than the potential of a full caster class) converted from charms to blasting/debuffing.

There is a unique double circle showing your casting colors (Reaction and current Trigger), making this easier to keep track of than Monk's Finishing Moves.

Alchemists are using simple weapons and armor.

They gain bonus feats, including an eventual Evasion feat along with the option to apply Int to Fort or Will saves (but not both). Combined with Insightful Reflexes, this can make an Alchemist stong on saving throws as there is an Int to hit and damage bonus feat.

Dexterity could still be necessary due to the feat requirements of ranged feats.

Alchemist has three trees:
    Bomber
    Healer
    Darter
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 02-14-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I saw a khyber LFM today: Ravenloft Heroic - farming for loot - no xp

I smiled, this player is thinking and doing the same strategy as I am.

Starting an Alchemist Life and realizing that the Ravenloft belts (stacks with normal spell power items) will be a big step towards figuring out the Alchemist Way...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Fawngate as an Iconic Alchemist went the rounds with 3-4 other Alchemists plus some extras last night.

Her build:
    Heroic Qstaff caster version from Slavelords
    Heroic Acid/Fire belt from Ravenloft (stacks with Qstaff)
    Heroic Gloves from Ravenloft
    Heroic Robe that I think was from Sharn
    Int item from Stormhorns/Wheloon end rewards
    Various Tiefling Iconic gear that remained

Skills: plenty of points to fill up:
    Concentration
    Spellcraft
    Umd
    Heal
    along with even more points for
    Balance
    Jump
    Diplomacy
    Tumble
    Spot
    (yes, an overabundance of skill points)

Feats (focused on the Druid Caster build style of obtaining all useful meta magics)
    Maximize
    Empower
    Int to Damage with simple weapons (good for beating down evasion foes) <bonus feat I think>
    Quicken
    Accelerate <bonus feat I think>
    Enlarge
    Evasion <bonus feat i think>
    Spell Focus Conjuration
    Int to Will saves <bonus feat I think>

Overall performance:

We breezed through various R1 quests will a lot of pots whirling through the air.
    Being a low reaper with a group of talented Khyberians, this would be expected.
    Some of the builds focus on dual crossbows via inquisitor; others focused on magic.

This the sweet spot for Sorcerers and is where they feel the most powerful before the hit point bloat of epic monsters.
    My experience with a Tiefling Sorcerer was gratifying in this level range.

My experience with caster Bards (another specialist cast class) of long ago, was challenging to play as a sonic blaster.
    I know improvements have been made with Sonic Shouts, so that memory is outdated.

I would rate the bomber Alchemist as being well above a Bard and slightly below a Sorcerer for outright blasting foes.

The two SLAs have a short cooldown and can provide a nice one-two punch to eliminate foes or groups of enemies.
    Combining the meta magic feats along with the double spell power items increase the SLA nicely.
    Regular upper-level blasting spells did not have meta magics applied but still do nicely finishing off stray monsters.

I have not tested all the spells yet (I have an XP potion running).
    The Multivial spell group shares cooldowns, reminding me of the new Arcane Spell: Caustic/Flaming/Freezing/Shocking Bolt, and leads me to believe that this awesome colossal group of new spells has been underdevelopment for a long time.
    I suspect but have not tested that other groups of like-minded elemental spells might also share cooldowns.
    This would allow the Devs to make sure these spells are sufficient enough to place an Alchemist Bomber slightly behind a Sorcerer.

The healing spells are helpful.
    I did have a problem with healing while falling as there was nowhere for the pots to hit the floor and break (via Ghost of Perdition).
    I suspect the Sharn quest with flying sled will present a similar problem.

All in all, the Alchemist bomber has exceeded my expectations without being over powerful.
    It is fun to play.

No feedback yet on CC abilities of an Alchemist, but I think it is more comparable to a Sorcerer, while a Bard is more comparable to a Wizard.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 02-15-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Some speculations about the upcoming Hardcore League Season Two:
    (Seeing as my theories about Expanding Epic Destinies were wrong because it did not take into account the new high magic policies of Mystra, take this with a grain of salt).

The Great Reaper is being replaced with Harry (otherwise know as Arraetrikos).

https://ddowiki.com/page/Arraetrikos

Harry is associated with three raids:
    Shroud, Legendary Shroud and Tower of Despair

Let us focus on the end fight inside the Tower of Despair for a moment:
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Tower_of_Despair

Quote Originally Posted by ddowiki
    "The tricks:
    Horoth can banish you back to Eberron..."

Sound familiar?
    It seems like the Great Reaper was banishing folks to the plane of the shadow fell, so perhaps in the Hardcore Season Two (as a test run), people will have Banishment cast upon them (It looks like Horrid Wilting but a bit more purple, and is called Blasphemy.)

Blasphemy could send them back to the marketplace (or the Hall of Heroes) when they die, possibly with a strike off the Banishment Counter? If a Banishment Counter exists, it could be "three strikes, and you are out"?

An increase in Reaper Buffs might grant much more difficulty completing quests even without a Banishment Counter since your party would diminish with every death.

Regardless of the Season Two mechanics (and the ability to bring back Season One mechanics at a later date), the Hardcore Server must provide income for DDO, which is an economic reality.

The current two methods are the DDO Store and VIP Membership requirements, both of which will be debated by the Developers. Removing both of these money makers would be promoting players to move to a world that does not generate any income for DDO for months, an unwise move.

I still get a few extra buffs and heals from Hardcore Fans along with enthusiasm, so at the moment, I am waiting to see the new Season Two mechanics before I make up my mind on my role.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

https://ddo.com/en/hardcore

...and I was wrong, Hardcore Season II rules are pretty much the same as Hardcore Season I.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    https://ddo.com/en/hardcore

...and I was wrong, Hardcore Season II rules are pretty much the same as Hardcore Season I.
    I believe the pic in the update notes to be the helmet and one of the cloaks. I'm debating if it's worth the return as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Update:

Living the life of the Alchemist on Khyber.

Fawngate has found that when equipment is close to the dungeon level, things work out nicely.
    When your level 8 gear enters Epic Levels, one starts to feel disappointed.
    Players are going to feel this because not everyone has a full set of gear step-ups set aside for their alchemist lives.

Enter level 26, with a Legendary Greensteel set and an elemental swap to cold and the alchemical life, is good again.

So gear matters for an alchemist.

Also, wading into Sleeping Dust with a focus on Acid, one's mind might let slip that you have a tier five ability that overrides invulnerable after the first cast.
    Redemption awaits your second try.

An Alchemist is like a druid who has both offensive spells and the opportunity to heal.
    One must weigh rapid switching in tactics as part of the role one plays in a party.

An Alchemist differs from a druid who lays down earthquakes, storms, and firewalls.

An Alchemist differs from a Bard who buffs party members, but don't forget to cast that Greater Elemental Weapons spell upon everyone when you have the time.

Can Alchemist heal a party?

Not so long ago, Fawngate joined a group of adventurers pushing towards level cap in a short man Double Dragon Raid. By short-man, I mean, we did not create a raid group.

Looking around at the party, I suddenly realized there was all sorcerers except an Xbow build and me. So, I am the healer Alchemist, who has suddenly glad to have recently donned my Legendary Greensteel set (which does not feature Devotion).

Our first try on R3 or R4 went well till the final timers when I was swarmed by trash while focusing on healing. Trash got out of hand, and without my healer powers, the Sorcerer Tanks went down.

So we restarted on R1 with five players.

As you know, this is a big battlefield with dual tanks, so its the kind of test that any healer build would find difficult. Yet, we succeeded with flying colors, although Fawn did die in the final seconds. So, Alchemist can solo heal a raid, but perhaps my experience in anticipating the role helped (although I have to give my Khyberian Friends credit for the win).

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

One of the huge weaknesses of Alchemists is foes with evasion.

Stepping into Sharn without Sharn gear highlights this problem.

I will have to look through Alchemistic's spell list, but most have saving throws (many of which are REFLEX).

One way to deal with this problem would be to follow through the Ruin, Arcane Pulse/Spirit Blades, and Greater Ruin line up, granting an Alchemist a nonsave spell vs high evasion foes.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Why are level 2 base dungeons in the harbor filled with kobold shamans casting Lighting Bolt?

A wizard can learn this spell at level five.
    A sorcerer can learn this spell at level six.

Looking forward to playing a Kobold race, since they can learn lightning bolt at level two...

Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139 LastLast