Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141
Results 2,801 to 2,803 of 2803
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Four additional thoughts about rural life:

1)

There is a baby mocking bird in our yard today who is just screeching, so I began "teaching" the mocking bird a few easy words. This memory recalls to mind why I started talking to birds--our family had multiple Cockatiels (which one has to talk close by to teach words). We would place one of these in a screen room to listen to the local mocking birds.

2)

I was taught these principles at a young age:

Guns are not toys. Anything that can fire a projectile that can break your skin is a gun, including but not limited to BB gun, pellet gun, crossbow, bow-and-arrow, etc.

Always treat a gun as if it is loaded regardless of whether you know it is empty or not.

Never point a gun at anything that you don't intend to shoot.

Never load a gun unless you are ready to fire the weapon. Never charge the chamber until you are facing your target. Leave the safety on until after the barrel-firing-pin area is loaded.

Point a shotgun or rifle at the ground or air in a safe direction always. Preferably down. Pistols are the same, but they belong in a holster.

Realize there are a few guns that will go off if dropped (namely the classic western revolver) and make sure those revolvers have an empty chamber underneath the hammer.

Clean your gun after firing.

Don't take a gun off the property without good reason.

Know the laws and obey them.

Check for your dominate eye.

Learn to shoot guns with both hands.

3)

Sheriffs are the nationwide default local authority for anyone not living inside an incorporated city zone; as such, these organizations are considered by me to be more consistent nationwide.

My experiences with the local Sheriff have always been positive.

4)

It is impossible for someone to "park" on a country road for surveillance purposes without being spotted.
    Even posing as the local phone company will fail because people know people.

It would be impossible for someone to follow my vehicle for more than a few miles without being spotted.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 08-02-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    coming soon Art and Gaming with Z

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I am having trouble playing hardcore right now.

My motto has always been, "If you are not having fun, ask yourself why and then do something about it."

So, with a fair amount of contemplation, I might have found the problem which surprised me.

For the last two decades, I have ignored newspapers, until this very messy year. (Never time travel to 2020.)

Studies have shown something interesting happening to newspapers around the year 2010 as the publications adjusted from paper to paper/electronic.

Graphs of newspapers using words of Fear, Hatred, and Inflammatory nature show a hockey stick curve = very steady until the year 2010, after which the curve goes way up.

Theories on why this happened include: While converting to an online format, newspapers face losing money from unethical papers already online; Advertisers being more concerned with the number of views, likes/dislikes, comments, etc.

While reality might be very different, my thoughts on the subject lead to a famous quote:

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." -- Yoda

I need to walk away from those who would try to lead me down the path of the Darkside.
    I should focus on the positive and find my artistic center.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Fawngate and I ran a very successful Afternoon and Evening on Khyber leveling her up to 11.
    (level six spells)
    She took Empower as her level 9 feat (she is still holding unto her free feat swap and still is keeping augment summoning).
    Skills: Concentration, Spellcraft, Heal, Intimidate, UMD all max ranks; some points into jump, balance, tumble, and swim.

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141