Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2229

TR cache empty, if you could be anything you want, what would you be?

Seems Fawn faces that choice a lot...

Wow, I can choose male or female, that is a new change.

Looking over the iconics atm...

Not making this choice, but I noticed:

Add to that:

Grace: You may use your Dexterity modifier to determine the damage you deal with Morningstars, Maces, and Hammers.

AP Cost: 1 Progression: 15 Requires: Morningstar Weapon Training (Tier 4)
    Morninglord Weapon Training.png
    Morninglord Weapon Training: +1 to hit and damage with Morningstars, Maces, and one-handed Hammers. +1 to hit and +2 to damage with Mauls.

AP Cost: 2 Progression: 15 Requires: Morninglord Weapon Training (Tier 3)
    ElfSkill.png
    Skill: +3% doublestrike, +3% doubleshot, +3% dodge, and bypass 3% dodge.

and

Wrathful Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains an additional +1 to its Enhancement Bonus. When you score a Vorpal Hit with your religion's favored weapon, your attacks gain 3d4 Light Damage on hit for the next 6 seconds.

and

Purify Weapon: Passive Bonus: If you are Good, while you Stand Against the Tide weapons you equip gain Pure Good, dealing 1d6 Good damage vs. non-Good targets.

Anoint Weapon: Passive Bonus: If you are Good, while you Stand Against the Tide weapons you equip gain Holy, dealing 2d6 extra damage vs. Evil targets.

EDP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 16 Requires: Purify Weapon, Ward Against Evil

and
    improved critical bludgedoning

If favored soul:
    You follow Amaunator. You have +1 to attack and damage rolls with heavy maces.
    You follow Amaunator. You have +1 to attack and damage rolls with heavy maces.
    You follow Amaunator. You are proficient with heavy maces and gain +1 to hit with them.

You end up with:
    Dex to damage if you want, morninglord iconic

2.50 [2d6]
    +4 to hit and damage {fvs +3 to hit and +2 damage more}
    +8 and +5 to enhancement bonus
    +3d8 fire
    +2d6 holy
    +1d6 good
    3% stun
    red augment slot ~ ruby of caustic acid 2 to 12 acid damage

Crit range 17 to 20 x2 or 1 in 5 blows

also 13 to 78 ribcracking

And

Smite Foe: Activate: Smite your enemy with a melee attack that deals an additional 2[W] damage. (Cooldown: 15 seconds)

Smite Weakness: When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, they gain four to seven stacks of Vulnerable. (For each stack, the target takes 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.)

Ameliorating Strike: When your strike an enemy with Smite Foe, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d2 per character level, and benefit from the effects of the Lesser Restoration spell. (The heal from Ameliorating Strike is affected by your Positive Spell Power)

Divine Power: Your god has imbued you with power and skill in combat, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength, and a base attack bonus equal to a fighter of the same level.

Divine Vessel: Toggle: While active, your attacks generate a stack of Divine Conduit. When Divine Conduit reaches 25, it is removed and nearby enemies take 1d4 Fire and 1d4 Light damage per character level. (Damage from Divine Vessel is affected by Fire and Light Spell Power)

Wrathful Weapons: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains an additional +1 to its Enhancement Bonus. When you score a Vorpal Hit with your religion's favored weapon, your attacks gain 3d4 Light Damage on hit for the next 6 seconds.

Magic Backlash: When an enemy damages you with a spell, there is a 10%/20%/30% chance they will be knocked down. (Does not affect bosses.)

Aura of Radiance: The light of Amaunator shines perpetually upon you, protecting you and damaging those who would do you harm. You gain a light shield effect that deald 2d6/2d8/2d10 light damage to enemies each time they attack you in melee. This applies to enemy misses as well as hits. You also gain a +3/+6/+9 sacred bonus to Armor Class against attacks from shadows and other undead creatures.

All this on 18 class levels of favored soul or cleric, allow a splash of two levels.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 11-27-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Fawn,

I hate to be the bearer of the bad news, but... (Anialda is now at level 23 as a Morninglord Cleric)

------------------------

------------------------
    I have confirmed that Amaunator's faith favored weapon is limited to the Heavy Mace (correction from original where I left off the Heavy Part). You will not get the bonuses or even the proficiency for the Morningstar/Hammer from the War Priest enhancements. You will get the bonuses from the Morninglord enhancements (not the proficiency). Of course Masters touch can fix the proficiency issue.

I was planning on doing this with the Hammer from CiTW. And discovered it when I equip'd the Alchemical Morningstar you so kindly sent me.
    Last edited by Enoach; 11-27-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Epic Fail....

Wow, so the best a morninglord has is this:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Magistr...ter_(Level_28)

+7 Enhancement Bonus: This weapon has been magically enhanced and gains a +7 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls.
    Axiomatic V
    Red Augment Slot

One of the following: Deception VIII
    Doublestrike 8%
    Dazing V
    Ghostbane VIII
    Ribcracker VIII
    Riposte VIII
    Greater Smiting
    Stumbling VIII

Well at least it comes in the overpowering Ghostbane version.
    Even though one has to be 3 levels higher to wield it.

We have heard about good destinies and off destines.

So lets talk about something not new ~ stat and buff destinies.

Disclaimer, when the level cap goes to 30 and we need 1,500,000 + 1,750,000 million more xp for an epic or iconic life,
    and we have epic destines that have 16 more destiny points to spend in the tree, this will make less sense, but in the meantime...

Epic destinies have three basic categories but not enough point to buy everything: powers, stat bonues, and various buffs.

Stat and buff destines examples:

Martial Sphere for casters:
    Shadowdancer for a wizard taking all intelligence along with evasion, and some agro/defensive management buffs.
    Grandmaster of Flowers for a favored soul taking all wisdom along with saving throw/ac buffs {Fawngate amt}
    Legendary Dreadnought for a battle cleric/bard taking all strength along with attack buffs.

While its not the best choice, it is not a bad choice atm either.

Rumors of nerve venom being bugged and affecting friend allies made Fawn steer clear of a melee build.
    She needs to pay off her Martial Karma debt, but is a bit tired of wizard.
    She is not sure which to pick for her arcane toggle?

So, she TR into a Morninglord Iconic, used a lesser +1 heart to remove the starting cleric level and is working her way up as a pure favored soul.
    As soon as she pays the Karma debt, she will shift over to Angel and try out her light SLA build.
    Working towards Power of Life over Death and possibly Brace along with +3 PPR with each Epic Past Life.

Then she can Iconic Reincarnate into Bladeforged for some arcane lives?
    Depending on her mood.

Build:
    Morninglord pure Favored Soul
    All metamagics except echew and extend
    Mental Toughness
    Completionist and Acolyte of Divine Secrets
    All Heroic class past lives x3
    Colors of the Queen x3
    Fortification x3

Low Str, Dex, moderate Int, Cha, Con, max Wis

29 points morninglord tree ~ all left side plus spell pen
    51 points Angel of Vengence tree ~ goodies plus max red x3

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hey Fawn,

As you know, I am currently on the completionist road with Saaluta. It seems as though I picked the correct way to do it as I can now get her last 4 heroic lives and iconic lives at the same time. I am currently a shadar-kai 15 rogue/5 arti. Once I hit 28,going to TR into PDK fighter, then Bladeforged Arti, and Morninglord Druid as last life in completionist. Then I get to pick her final life until the next class comes along, lol.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    Hey Fawn,

As you know, I am currently on the completionist road with Saaluta. It seems as though I picked the correct way to do it as I can now get her last 4 heroic lives and iconic lives at the same time. I am currently a shadar-kai 15 rogue/5 arti. Once I hit 28,going to TR into PDK fighter, then Bladeforged Arti, and Morninglord Druid as last life in completionist. Then I get to pick her final life until the next class comes along, lol.

Saal
    Sweet!

Happy Thanksgiving and congratulationsupercalifragiliciousexpalidicious!

Community Member

You guys know so I figure instead of researching I'd ask...

Do you now need the iconic past life to have access to the completionist feat? O_o
    I thought that Iconic was regarded as a Race, not a class...

Default Happy thanksgiving khyberites!

http://blogs.christies.com/longitude...b13440257.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    You guys know so I figure instead of researching I'd ask...

Do you now need the iconic past life to have access to the completionist feat? O_o
    I thought that Iconic was regarded as a Race, not a class...
    You do not need any Iconic past lives for completionist ~ example:

Fawn has the option to take the completionist feat right now every life.
    Fawn has every heroic class past life (all 13 of the classes) done 3x (only 1x is required).
    Fawn does not have any iconic past lives.

In the future expect someday there to be an iconic to match every class in the game (13 or more).

The reason he is doing iconic past lives to gain completionist is the two for one bargain that path enjoys.

Someday there will be (dev quote available if you can find it) epic completionist,
    as well as iconic completionist (indirect implication dev quote available if you can find it).

Epic Completionist require one each of the epic past lives (implied from Dev quote),
    and Iconic Completionist would require one each of the iconic past lives (guessing).

So far Sun Bolt SLA is nice, cooldown a bit too long which balances it out.

About to watch D&D cartoons, which really imho captures the spirit of the game.

Community Member

See, I know you guys know better then the devs them self :P
    Thanks for the explanation though. really!

You are welcome

;;;;

Ripples in the sea...

Artists realize that one thing touches another, and influence spreads from place to place and from time to time.
    Artist mostly have to mirror real life, which likely has the same ripples in time and space.

A simple example, take Sonja Henie.
    In her movie Iceland, she stars alongside John Payne.
    The movie itself details the USA occupation of Iceland months before Pearl Harbor plunging the USA into WWII.

One of the more interesting parts of the movie is the direct dialog lines between Sonja Henie and Sterling Price Holloway, Jr
    who played the part of the other boyfriend who lost the girls. Although you will not see this actor listed in write-ups about
    Iceland, if you listen you can hear the voice of Winnie the Pooh coming out from Sterling strongly when he talks directly
    to Sonja Henie. Disney's version of Winnie the Pooh inspired new young audiences with the old tales, and furthered animation,
    even such as the Snoopy TV specials.

Another interesting part of this movie is the large amount of quality ice skating scenes within it. This became important because
    during the filming of her movies the Olympics had been cancelled due to WWII. This placed a visible reminder of the beauty of
    the Olympic games and likely helped the games be restarted after WWII. Since the movie was played in USA as well as other
    theaters around the world, it lead to inspiring skaters such as a very long line of American ladies skaters.

Sonja Henie started her Olympic dominance in 1928, transforming Ice Skating totally by using white skates instead of black and
    choosing cute skating outfits with short skirts instead of the traditional long black skirts normally worn. Being a native of Norway,
    WWII left her a refugee of sorts which actually plays out in several of her movies such as "Everything happens at night",
    "Sun Valley Serenade", and "Wintertime". She won the Olympics in 1932 and 1936 as well, remaining an Olympic Champion until 1948 when the
    Olympics returned.

Like ripples in a pond, her acting career touched actors such as Cesar Romero who later acted in Now you See Him, Now You Don't
    starring Kurt Russell. Cesar Romero being the more experienced actor in a trio of movies with Kurt Russel on the Disney studios
    likely had a positive effect on Kurt.

Just like Deanna Durbin singlehandedly saved Universal Studios from certain doom, Shirley Temple and Sonja Henie preserved 20th Century Fox
    to become what they are today. Would we have movies such as the Star Wars Trilogy if Universal had ceased to exist? The very popular
    animated Star Wars series could not exist without the original classic.

If you ever get a chance to see movies by Deanna Durbin or Sonja Henie, its worth the time.

Something else very noteworthy is the Thin Man series perhaps among the earliest quality Hollywood movies.
    Actors such as Cesar Romero and James Stewart get their first major roles and watch the talent couple set the stage for the golden age.

Got one of my new books by Brandon Sanderson but its not the first book in the series, so we start book nine of the wheel of time
    while we wait for the rest of my books to arrive.

Fawngate has just about at 6 million xp, almost paying off Fawn's Martial Karma debt, so she can spend the next 36 million in Angel epic destiny.
    Still working on equipment, but EE Forgotten Light is her favorite again. She is starting to feel the gentle but noticeable effects of her epic past lives now.

Also, big Congratulationsupercalifragilious to Darree for making Completionist, woot!!!
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 11-30-2013 at 01:35 AM.

"Gandhi once said, 'Be the change you want to see.'"*

The other day, the LMFs looked dead.

So, Fawn put up, 21 ~ 28 Von One EH all welcome
    She filled within 5 minutes, and kept the group filled for all the Vons everyone including the raid.
    Good times.

Thanks Khyberites.

*Monte Carlo movie, one of Mom's favorites

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    "Gandhi once said, 'Be the change you want to see.'"*

The other day, the LMFs looked dead.

So, Fawn put up, 21 ~ 28 Von One EH all welcome
    She filled within 5 minutes, and kept the group filled for all the Vons everyone including the raid.
    Good times.

Thanks Khyberites.

*Monte Carlo movie, one of Mom's favorites
    I saw your lfm for the raid the other day and wanted to join, sadly, I still needed 1&4, so could not This has since been rectified and if you run another, and I see it up, expect me to join you for the fun

Saal

P.S. Did that box ever come back to you?
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Hey Fawn,

Saal
    I saw your lfm for the raid the other day and wanted to join, sadly, I still needed 1&4, so could not This has since been rectified and if you run another, and I see it up, expect me to join you for the fun

Saal

P.S. Did that box ever come back to you?
    Saaluta you have mail, congratulations.

The box has not come back yet, however, somehow I ended up with an extra Original Otto's from a far reaching corner...

Should you wish to exchange it for a Heroic Otto's Box, simply place it in your inventory, unlock it, and fill out a ticket requesting a GM exchange your original Otto's Box for a Heroic Otto's Box. They will remove the original box from your inventory then open a trade window granting you the heroic box.

The GMs have willingly done that for players multiple times on multiple worlds.

Sometimes the most powerful things are hidden in plain sight.

Just watched Disney's Frozen in 3d at the theature, and loved it; highly recommended.

Starting earlier, but through the 70s in Hollywood there was a style that promoted drugs and wild sex.
    In order to do so, they aggressively promoted that everyone did everything, to the point of stereotyping.

This ultimately led to the typical plots of the 70s in that nobody wins, and any established organization is wrong.
    Eventually is lead to everything is gray, and nobody is a hero.
    You have to watch some movies of that decade to realize how much was lost then.

While I will skip completely over the moral issues, but the eventual attack upon the heroic image was a huge mistake.

Putting aside Disney's stand to not drift in this direction.
    Two unlikely heroes emerged during this time period:

Star Wars Episode 4, A New Hope, movie made in 1977.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wa...IV:_A_New_Hope

It seems like something with depth and philosophy endures more.
    Perhaps I should say, deep truth, but what is truth?

This film totally changed Hollywood viewpoint on heroes should be not be,
    leading to films such as the Karate Kid, Tron, Indian Jones....

The second unlikely hero was Dungeons and Dragons, also introducing role playing, heroics, and luxury gaming.

And of course, Atari appeared, with games such Pong, Space Invaders, Adventure....opening up a new field to explore.

I'm wanting to build a design for Fawngate that she can do three lives happily in the martial sphere,
    so I probably need a little help here.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Legendary_Dreadnought
    I'm hoping to be able to play and understand Legendary Dreadnought, just as I have already played Fury of the Wild and Shiridai.

What options do I have?

All classes, races, iconics, epic destinies are available.
    20 fate points available to spent as desired (+2 more if they fix the bug).
    +5 tomes in all stats.
    High skill tomes in most stats.
    All 39 class past lives obtained, completionist available.
    Epic past lives: Colors of the Queen x3, Fortification x3, Power of life and death x2
    (Will have Morninglord pl and another Power of life and death and perhaps more before going martial).

Most CitW weapons available (including two unopened raider's boxes).
    Fawngate gave away and then luckily pulled a second EE Hunter's Slayer
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Hunter%...yer_(Level_26)

Heroic Leveling up not terribly important.

The first suggestion I have received is

Bladeforged 2 Pally, 6 Ranger, 12 Monk seeking to use
    Sireth, Spear of the Sky and Pinion
    with Combat Archery and Overwhelming Critical.

Bear in mind the final build will not swap to the Primal Sphere for any reason including an EE raid.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-03-2013 at 12:59 AM.

In case I play druid soon, which would be fun;

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    When I was on my druid life a 65-66 evocation earthquake dc got almost everything, the exception being assassins. Whenever I cast earthquake I drop a ice storm for an effective +4 to dc's but still, some assassins will save. Anything above a 60 is a good dc IMO.

Quick breakdown(might be missing something)

+11 item
    +3 exceptional
    +1 profane
    +1 human
    +2 herald
    +2 capstone
    +2 other druid enhancements
    +6 shiradi
    +7 level ups
    +1 feat
    +5 tome
    +1 exceptional
    +2 ship
    +2 yugo

= 64 wisdom = 27 mod

(+2 twist, + 2 more if in primal avatar)

27 mod(64 wisdom)
    +9 spell level
    +10 base
    +5 evocation
    +3 sorc past lives
    +1 enhancement page
    +1 wiz past life
    +3 evocation feats
    +3 evocation twist
    +2 evocation twist

= 64 dc

(66 dc with that extra twist and destiny, 67 if you went h-elf with an extra feat)

As you can see earthquake is extremely viable, almost a no fail.

Reading DDO Wiki atm.

I know this might sound silly, but what about a Bladefordged Kensi Fighter 18, Rogue 2 with a greatsword or the like?

Pure Fighter might be better than 2 rogue, hmm...plenty of trapbusters around in epics.

Was thinking Improved Trip, Stunning Blow, Improved Sunder, ThF, IThF, GThF, Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Attack...Improved Critical.

Hmm...how many Fighter bonus feats do we get, looks like 11.

So, a Bladefordged pure Fighter, (lol, yes I know, crazy) would get
    11 fighter bonus feats and
    7 heroic feat

Want Quicken for Reconstruct along with Empowered Healing for Cocoon taken in heroic levels (which I cannot get as a pure fighter)
    Want Overwhelming Critical for Epic feat early on (level 21 if possible)
    Want Epic Destiny Feat, Perfect Two Weapon Fighting at level 26

Would not need archery bonus stuff, wondering about the ultra expensive whirlwind attack.

So heroic feats could be (not necessary in the best order):
    1) Dodge Prerequisite: Dexterity 13+
    FB1) Two Handed Fighting Prerequisite: Strength 15+
    FB2) Combat Expertise Prerequisite: Intelligence 13
    3) Improved Trip Prerequisite: Combat Expertise
    FB4) Stunning Blow
    6) Mobility Prerequisite: Dodge
    FB6) Improved Two Weapon Fighting Prerequisite: Strength 17+, Base Attack Bonus of +6 or higher, Two Handed Fighting
    FB8) Spring Attack Prerequisite: Mobility, base attack bonus of 4 or higher, Dodge, Dexterity 13+
    9) Whirlwind Attack Prerequisite: Combat Expertise, Spring Attack (which would require Dodge and Mobility as well), base attack bonus of +4 or higher
    FB10) Power Attack
    12) Improved Sunder Prerequisite: Sunder, Power Attack
    FB12) Greater Two Weapon Fighting Prerequisite: Strength 17+, Base Attack Bonus of 11 or higher and Improved Two Handed Fighting
    FB14) Cleave Prerequisite: Power Attack
    15) Great Cleave Prerequisite: Cleave, base attack bonus of 4 or higher
    FB16) Weapon Focus ??? Prerequisite: Base attack bonus of +1 or higher {needed for Kensei Tier Two Requires Fighter Level 2}
    18) Weapon Specialization ??? Prerequisite: Fighter (level 4), Weapon focus with the same weapon type {needed for Kensei Tier 3, Fighter level 3}
    FB18) Greater Weapon Focus ??? Prerequisite: Fighter (level 8) and Weapon Focus in a specific weapon type {needed for Kensei Tier 4, Fighter level 4}
    FB20) Greater Weapon Specialization ??? Prerequisite: Fighter level 12, Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization in the same weapon type

Also wanted: Improved Critical ??? so maybe we need to trim down something here?
    {although the Hunter's Slayer is a keen weapon, it might be nice to have ?}

I'll probably make a http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Spare_Hand Epic Spare Hand or try to get a +5 combat mastery ring or the like.

I think I have Breach, but I'm not sure, I do have SoS now too.
    Nope, no Breach, but do have a Cleaver http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cleaver...r_of_Suffering
    Also have Skybreaker from FoT.

One level of Wizard might help for Quicken, I hate to give up the kensei capstone:

Alacrity: * +2 Strength
    +15% Doublestrike
    +15% Doubleshot
    +2 Action Boost uses
    +2 to the DCs of all Tactical Feats

AP Cost: 1 Progression: 40 Requires: Fighter Level 20, One Cut

For twists,
    Twist 1 (tier 4) : Sense Weakness ?
    Twist 2 (tier 2 unless bug fixed): Endless Faith or A Dance with Flowers since Kensei tier 5 will center weapon
    Twist 3 (tier 1): Cocoon seems good to back up the Bladeforge repair SLA.

Wow, I'll need to wear a docent, been awhile for that, and never as a melee...
    Not much point of mithral or admantive body, it will just mess with my dodge bonuses.
    I have a version of the ring of master artificer somewhere, will have to look for it. that will grant decent repair and spell points.

For Legendary Epic Destiny:

Tier One: Legendary Tactics 3/3 ; Extra Action Boost 1/3
    Tier Two: Improved Power Attack 1/1 (2 points) : Momentum Swing 3/3
    Tier Three: Lay Waste 1/1 (2 points) ; Critical Damage 3/3
    Tier Four: Volcano's Edge 1/1 (2 points)
    Tier Five: Devastating Critical 1/1 (2 points) ; Advancing Blows 1/1 (2 points)
    Tier Six: Master's Blitz 1/1 (2 points) ; Headman's Chop 1/1 (2 points) {while using Cleaver}

For Bladeforge enhancement:
    All core abilities: 7 action points
    Tier One: Mechanist 6 action points
    Tier Two: Communion of Scribing 6 action points ; Great Weapon aptitude 3 action points
    Tier Four: Communion of Handling 1 action point ; Weapon attachment 1 action point ; Power of the Forge 1 action point
    Total 25 ap

For Kensei enhancement:
    All core abilities: 6 action points
    Tier One thru Five: tons of action points left to spend

For Stalwart Defense:
    Not sure any can apply since will be using 2 handed weapons.

Probably the big question is whether this build can be fairly self sufficient with the Bladeforged reconstruct and Cocoon and umding Reconstruct scrolls?
    Probably there will be failure chance on the reconstruction scrolls which have a umd of 40.
    Do SLAs need a concentration check?

Interesting how some players complain that the last expansion did not offer anything then turn around and complain about not having access to iconics?
    Whatever, I'll take my cute owlbears and my green glowing eyes and whistle happily on my way...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-03-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast