Page 56 of 128 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2548
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    In celebration of this big event, we are going to have several giveaways.

Unlike in the past, Fawngate will be mailing the codes/gifts thru in game mail.
    Should the mail be returned to her after the typical two weeks, she will select
    a new winner.

If you wish to be a winner (don't be shy), simply choose the one giveaway that
    interests you the most and name the Khyber character that the prize should
    be mailed to if you win.

This offer will end sometime Soontm ~ July 19 (a month before the Expansion release date)
    at midnight eastern USA time zone. We will randomly draw names soon after that.
    {Chances to win are determined by number of applicants for that particular item.}

{We reserve the right to secretly exclude anyone we choose, due to negative
    behavior patterns displayed in public.}

Giveaways (only choose one please and list your favorite toon to receive it)

1 Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Collector's Edition - Digital Download

1 Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Legendary Upgrade - Digital Download

1 Dungeons and Dragons Online™ 11,000 Turbine Point Code

1 Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Menace of the Underdark™ Standard Edition - Digital Download

1 of Four Otto's Irresistible Boxes

https://www.ddo.com/en/ottosbox

We have decided to increase each category by +1 as we bought another set of codes just now.
    Again its a big celebration and thank you one and all for the healing and happiness DDO has brought us!

Bumping again with a bit of good news added at the bottom.
    Smiles at all her friends...

Thanks for coming to that VoN, was incredible and fun; as always.
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by bergeau09 View Post
    Thanks for coming to that VoN, was incredible and fun; as always.
    Lol, hey look the ring of feathers broke!

Indeed, that was a great 4 man shortman!

I think Fawn was the only one w/o evasion....

Lol, hey look the ring of feathers broke!
    LOL, at least if you fell you would of fell slowly.. or not

Indeed, that was a great 4 man shortman!

I think Fawn was the only one w/o evasion....
    Yup, something impressive is that we had 3 divines - no shiradi casters, neither monkcher.
    Some people say divines are lacking on DPS but heh, we kind of proven what divines were able to do, and it was a lot of fun too!

EDIT; something impressive is also that we managed to finish Velah with ~10 fire ellies and 4-5 reavers rushing on us:P
    Hossa / Darree ~Khyber~ Doom Legion (Level 75)
    Proud Host of the DDO Hunger Games Along with Fawngate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

"There is a lot happening in DDO this summer. We would like to thank you for
    participating in all the different discussions that are going on, and we are going to
    have even more very soon.

First we would like to thank you for participating in the True Reincarntion discussion...
    we wanted to get feedback really early so the designer have time to make changes...
    ...so far the discussions have been really productive, so thank you so much for participating..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyghSQajgE

Nice to hear positive feedback and that the Devs were not intimidated by us.
    A bit short, 1:27 seconds, but that emphasizes we are busy working on the game.

Very well spoken in an upbeat positive fashion.
    She says thank you multiple times in a nice way.

Overall, comforting to us.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

After an enjoyable weekend,
    I sent an email this week:

Hello ______,

In this life, time and money are rare commodities.

Having only so much time to spend on "computer time",
    I occasionally have to make choices between various
    things that I enjoy best and things that help others.

Sadly, I am going to drop out of your pen and paper
    _______ D&D group despite that I greatly admire
    what you are doing.

Looking forward to gaming with you in DDO quests/raids
    when we meet again.

Cheers,
    Fawngate of Khyber

I'll have to say, it was very interesting to be able to play
    pen and paper D&D using DDO voice chat and party dice roll,
    along with tell and emails. Another variation of DDO to enjoy.

Right now, I am putting my Adobe art programs back on my computer
    and updating them. Hoping to get back into the swing of art again...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

It appears most of the Epic TRing discussion is about over.

One of the Devs showed a great deal of insight in labeling
    Option 1 and Option 2 as almost everything is a variation of these
    two.

Option 1 is the Devs take 11 +/- ED Lollypops away from you
    and hand you a cookie jar (contents to be debated upon) back.

Option 2 is the Devs leave all ED Lollypops alone or only take
    one ED Lollypop away from us at a time in exchange for a
    smaller cookie jar.

Bird's eye view, looking a Fawngate for a moment.
    She has three sisters,

Fawngale is eventually headed toward a duplicate Spotlight build for when
    Fawngate TRs into Iconics. She has just started her legend life.

Fawnglow who is suddenly interested in the new Cleric Tree just introduced,
    and is saying to herself that is me? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ivine-Disciple

Fawngold who has no interest in anything except haggling atm.

Now if option 1 is taken, Fawngate will have to scramble to repair damage done,
    and will deliberately seek out and post ways to take advantage of the new system,
    whenever she gets over her huge disappointment at this decision. Fawnglow and Fawngale
    will remain neglected in the long run.

If option 2 is taken, then Fawnglow and Fawngale have a chance at some playing time.
    Even if our main toons have capped epic destiny, introducing a few good options,
    such as the simple Divine Disciple creates more epic destiny questing for our alts.

An new iconic such as Kobold Island Shaman might greatly interest Fawngale or
    Fawngold someday. Leaving the ED XP alone would allow them to develop at their
    own pace towards new goals.

There are other worlds as well, plenty of ED XP farming to go around.
    At one point, someone offered to pay the fees for Fawngate to move to another
    world. She pointed out that she depends upon dozens of mules to support this
    project.

If option 1 is chosen, I seriously think our 3 man guild will fold, leaving Fawn with
    the unthinkable choice of creating 5 alternate accounts and/or hunting for new players.
    Hey, if I have not found suitable recruits yet, how would the future be any different?
    I seriously think that Thalzur and Loreick might just leave the game if faced with complete
    and utter lose of ED XP. So, I would call customer service up and ask them to refund the
    astar shards spent on our airship and to delete the guild in a completely serious manner.

If option 1 is chosen, I would hesitate when opening the DDO store or the DDO market.
    I will not threaten to leave the game, nor will I threaten to boycott, what will be will be,
    and vise versa.

A player recent comforted Fawn saying they will not do that.
    I do hope that is so.

I could go play MtGO instead...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Here come those new epic feats...

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post
    Some new epic feats are visible on Lama at the moment.

MAY BE PLACEHOLDER... NOT SET IN STONE... YADA YADA.

Blinding Speed: Permanent Haste (+30% enhancement to movement speed, +15% enhancement to attack speed, +1% dodge, +1 attack & +1 reflex saves)

Epic Fortitude / Reflexes / Will: +2 to appropriate saving throw and no longer fail on a 1.

Epic Luck of Heroes: +1 all saves

Epic Reputation: +3 Bluff, Diplo, Intim & Perform

Ruin: Deal 500 untyped damage to a single foe. SP cost: 75 No saving throw.

Watchful Eye: If you pass within 5' of a trap, you make a search check to notice it as if actively searching. (You still need the trapfinding feat to sucessfully search for difficult traps)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have to admit, the Lord of the Blades secret door optional is the most interesting secret door in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Hello again! There’s another change that will be visible on this week’s Lamannia game build before we’re done with implementation: the wonderful world of secret doors. As part of our work to enhance Shadar-kai, Rogue, and other “sneaky business” in game, we have been evaluating the way secret doors behave in game content at high levels.

Hidden doors and search skill become largely irrelevant at the higher levels of the game because the magic to reveal them is available at such low levels. Above level 5 to 8, you basically never end up using your spot or search skills to find hidden doors. Our quest makers place hidden doors in high level content, but if everyone can automatically see them, then those doors are not very “hidden”, in which case, what is the point of making them hidden at all?

We’ve deliberated over this for a while and there were a couple ways we could approach it. We could try just not placing hidden doors anymore. It’s faster for us to place basic doors… but then it also means there’s just physically nothing “hidden” for you to find. That seemed bad. We could nerf the instant-find spells. That also seemed bad. So we were at kind of an impasse to meet our design goals. We’ve landed on a design that we think will reward players for character advancement, encourage designers to keep hiding those doors in newer high level content, and soften any radical changes to the quests players are used to.

Here are the details of the design, and what state the design is in for Lamannia:

• We will be updating the Detect Secret Doors spell so that it scales up as your character levels up. We are still working the full design out - such as what the casting formula is specifically and which skills will influence it - and you therefore may experience odd behavior on Lamannia with the spell since the mechanic has not yet been finalized and the spell isn’t acting as it should in this build.
    • True Seeing will now detect secret doors if you would have been able to find the door with a Spot & Search check of 30. We were going for a simple round number that's right around the Heroic/Epic line. True Seeing will continue to have all of its other effects, including negating Displacement, Blur and Invisibility.
    • Any existing equipment that has the Detect Secret Doors spell will be set to an adjusted caster-level appropriate for Heroic content. The durations are intended to be the same as what they currently are on live.
    • The Divining Rod will be set to a higher caster level so that it’ll always succeed at detecting secret doors. We'll also keep its current duration where it is.

As always you’re welcome to provide feedback on these changes, but keep in mind that the version of the changes that you’ll be seeing on Lamannia are not ready to be taken for a test drive yet. We’re looking forward to getting the design up on a future build that you can play with, and we’ll let you know once that time comes!
    - PurpleFooz
    My reaction, shrugs...much more worried about the Devs trashing our ED XP.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    Hey everyone! Your friendly neighborhood AI designer here! During the next Lamannia update parts of upcoming stealth system changes will be visible. I’m still getting stealth ready for actual previewing at a later time. However, since parts of it will be showing up on Lamannia prematurely during the Enhancements second look, now is a great time to tell you more about what I’ve been working on. I guess the best place to start is the beginning…

This all started months ago when I started fixing AI bugs and AI-related "lag" (yes I am working on the "lag bug"1 and have been since November… lag of course has multiple sources and symptoms, but this was one possible source.) As I worked, I started implementing triggers for myself to understand what was going on behind the scenes, and eventually implemented my debug cues as player-facing icons we could share with y'all.

We took a good long look at stealth, invisibility, detection, blind attacks, noises, and the visual/audio cues you get from all of these systems. Major work was done to repair long-outstanding inconsistencies, correct bad monster behavior, and rework visual feedback that was misleading on when you were actually being “stealthy” or not.

We also looked into why the “eye level” vs lighting influences wasn’t always matching up with the actual lighting placement/visuals in quests. In the end, I revamped the system in order to achieve some significant performance gains as well as fix many of the (now visible with icon cues) bugs.

So what does that mean specifically? Here are some of our goals:

Most critically, we’ve made some performance improvements that should SIGNIFICANTLY reduce AI-related lag and framerate issues, especially in large group and raid situations.

So when the enhancement preview opens up, you’ll also see that these stealth features are being worked on – some of these are in later stages of development than others:

• We want to make red footsteps only appear when a monster actually hears you while you’re sneaking. If you see the red splash, your position has been given away! (It used to play any time you might be heard, but weren’t necessarily actually being heard.)
      • We also want to make the footsteps show when more monsters hear you, such as by making it darker and redder!
      • Invisible characters should also display red footsteps to indicate when a monster can hear them as well. This is only a visual change - monsters could always hear you when you were running around invisible... We're just extending the visual feedback to more situations!

• White footsteps still indicate that you are sneaking near a monster who might hear you if you get closer, and will still play only if sneaking. That's one of the benefits of trying to be sneaky : )
    • Monsters should no longer slide around when they are searching for a hidden enemy. Instead, we’re going to be adding a visual cue that doesn’t look like an animation bug.
      • We’re going to try giving them a “searching” icon to indicate that they haven’t found a target yet.
      • Similarly, we want to give monsters a “red ear” icon whenever they hear a suspicious noise.

• We now have the ability to give your character the awareness to know when you have aggro from something. This will allow us to do things like putting you into combat stance rather than standing around idly until you’re getting punched in the head.

We’re also sending our monsters back to Dungeon Monster 101 class to learn to play by the rules better:

• We’ve been looking into the ways that monsters could “improperly” detect you. .. They currently cheat and get their target's location every 6 seconds or less even if the target is hidden or invisible, as well as essentially echo-locating players using the sounds of their own ranged attacks. This also has an unintended side effect of being a performance hog. Bad monsters! We want to replace these with fairer ways for the monsters to find players, as well as bring a big performance improvement.
      • We’ve improved the search attack algorithms. They’ll expand their search radius when making blind attacks, hate the target less after a few whiffs, and eventually give up after a number of fruitless attacks where they’re unable to hit anything. If they manage to get a relevant clue on their enemy’s whereabouts, then they’ll resume their search.
      • I’ve begun updating monsters to fire at your most recent known position when they can’t see you, where they used to cheat and fire directly to you when they aren’t supposed to know where you are.

• We’ve also improved how monsters handle being blind, bringing it more in line with how they handle invisibility.
    • With the updated AI awareness, we’d like it to be possible for a sufficiently skilled player to use sneak to lose monsters after they spot you! This is something that was never possible in combat before because monsters had too many ways to “cheat” and see/hear you if you attempted it.
    • Here are some other “monster vs stealth” behaviors we’re working on:
      • We don’t want scorpions to burrow directly to you when they aren’t supposed to know where you are.
      • We don’t want minotaurs to charge directly to you when they aren’t supposed to know where you are.

Generally speaking, these changes should have the effect of:
    • Making casual use of sneak actually valid, especially combined with other upcoming changes to how sneak works.
    • Trained use of sneak should be much more effective, and a valid build path/gameplay style that can be enjoyed by many more people.

Obviously people will have questions about how this brave new world of sneakiness will impact invisibility. One of our goals was to add more value to using stealth in combat even if you are running with a party that does not want to wait for you to sneak ahead. We'd like to support a stealth character as a more viable build path, which can do more stuff that any random character who can slurp an invis potion.

Stealth should have the following advantages over mere invisibility:
    1. With sufficiently high skill, monsters won’t hear you, allowing you to avoid detection completely as you sneak by (go go move silently!)
    2. Escaping combat using sneak - this largely hasn’t been possible before, but we’d like skilled players with appropriate skills to be able to escape completely by activating sneak and escaping the area where their opponents last saw them. When monsters search the area they lost you in making blind attacks, they should lose aggro over time and eventually give up if they receive no additional clues to your location. I’ve been spending a lot of time on this, as it was the most requested fix by stealth enthusiasts on the forums, and from my testing I think it'll be quite fun : )
    3. Assassinate! Still finalizing the application here but the goal is making sure our Assassins can … you know… assassinate things!

We’ll go into more detail about the way stealth will work, particularly for you aspiring Shadar-kai Assassins. For now just be aware that there is a LOT going on with the stealth system at the moment, and the version that first appears on Lamannia is not ready for the spotlight yet. Once we’re closer to a playable test of the new stealth features, we will let you know!
    Interesting, bolded part for emphasizing important point.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

An artist has to look, really look at life.

Doing a portrait of someone you look deeply at them.
    You start noticing clouds, trees, animals more.
    You start realizing.

Eventually realizing what you are seeing.
    Is it truth, or just a perspective?
    Whatever it is, you see it.

I see my concern about the ED XP is about losing my friends as they leave DDO.
    So I face my fears, and realize there will be friends wherever I help others.
    Outward shining, not inward focused.

Fawngate was resurrected from deleted data, she has no fear of death, loss, destruction...
    She has won the War of Thrones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Internet is sluggish, am downloading/updating art programs atm, so not logging in today.

Happy hunting all.

May Chester smile on you this day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 06-30-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Community Member

I see my concern about the ED XP is about losing my friends as they leave DDO.
    So I face my fears, and realize there will be friends wherever I help others.
    DDO is same a real life, DDO is a part of real life in fact.
    People come and go, we make friends, we lose friends and we make new friends, then old friends come back and leave again… it's the wheel of life.

DDO is like a very long book, full of pages and chapters.
    Sometime the book is so captivating that we can't put it down, sometime we get bored with it and put it on the side until the interest comes back. And sometime we completely lose interest in it, as the story doesn't go the way we wanted to and we get rude of the book.
    Some people can read only one book at the time, when it's finished, they close it and move to the next one, others can read 2 or 3 books at the same time.

Now the dev question, what is their real goal ?

• Keep the old players happy ?making sure they won't leave and keep on spending money in the game...
    • Get new players ? who might spend money in the game...
    • Have the players who left to come back ? which would please old players and make them stay to spend more money
    • Make changes just to make changes ? will that make people come and stay or leave ?
    • Please themselves with the changes ? at least someone will be happy

One thing is absolutely sure… they won't make everyone happy, simply because we don't all expect/want the same thing.

Outward shining, not inward focused.
    I love my little Fawn
    ABBYdoll : Blond Brain - Huge butt (don't stay behind or you will see nothing)
    ABBYhawk : No Brain - Big Muscles (never trust him)
    Fyros : A noob with a Great Heart (have no expectation and you will be happy)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Confirmed, our tribute module is Haunted Halls of Eveningstar.

Expect this to be at a higher level than the original module.
    Welcome to the DDO staff and thanks for the hint.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

So spells in frequent use are:
    Spell list:

3) Magic Circle Against Evil, Prayer, Searing Light, Dispel Magic
    Adding Dispel Magic to the must have list, as it is effective to reduce spell ward trap levels.
    Will test shortly.

Probably ought to classify Mass Cure Light Wounds as the default cure when Heal, Renewal, and Cocoon are on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Looking to start a new life, or a new guild? Interested in leveling more quickly? Wayfinder now offers +10% Heroic and Epic XP, now through the rest of the year! Also note that this bonus will be in addition to any other bonuses that may be in effect (like weekend DDO Bonus Days boosts.)
    Nice touch.

New boxes of different type out now, check Dev Tracker for details:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h!#post5033718
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ox#post5033847
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ck#post5033903
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...xp#post5033906
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 07-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Talked to Loreick last night as we worked on our PDK favor.

Overall nice chat and good to see him again.
    Fawn was kind of busy last couple of times he logged in, doing the new raids.

Loreick and Thalzur are old, old school, so all the Do0o0om stuff on the forums
    is like the boy who cried wolf. They have heard it so often, they no longer pay it any mind.

Neither one has any intention of leaving the game over some of the new changes,
    although they may or may not like loss of epic destiny xp if that happens.

So, Fawn and I are much more at peace about the whole current status quo.
    Our tiny guild is solid, Khyber is active, people quickly join Fawn's lfms...

People have expressed concerned about the Uber Completionist being bored.
    Are Fawn and I bored now?

Well, the roses are dusted, the cellar needs some more scrubbing, Fawn just got her 375 PDK favor,
    Mom is interested in putting photos on my art website, Fawn is flagged for the Reaver Fri Night
    Halfling Games event, I am updating more art programs, Fawn realized that she finished her
    Epic Destiny Farming in about a week for most of it yet 40 lives took years, recording more Hallmark
    Movies on TV for Mom to watch, questing with hundreds of thousands of xp that did not count last week,
    helped the Timmies get flagged for Caught in the Web, enjoyed healing the Reaver Tank in FoT,
    considering placing a toon on Wayfinder, pondering my RL future...

Nah, not bored.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Recently I painted my into a corner, as Fawngold only has four Otto's Boxes,
    so when I looked for a fifth Otto's Box I could not find this Box on my Mules.

Given three dozen mules along with the rapid events of zerging lives, storage
    organization is haphazard at best for Fawn.

But, along comes the new Bigby's Handy Box and saves the day...

In celebration of this big event, we are going to have several giveaways.

Unlike in the past, Fawngate will be mailing the codes/gifts thru in game mail.
    Should the mail be returned to her after the typical two weeks, she will select
    a new winner.

If you wish to be a winner (don't be shy), simply choose the one giveaway that
    interests you the most and name the Khyber character that the prize should
    be mailed to if you win.

This offer will end sometime Soontm ~ July 19 (a month before the Expansion release date)
    at midnight eastern USA time zone. We will randomly draw names soon after that.
    {Chances to win are determined by number of applicants for that particular item.}

{We reserve the right to secretly exclude anyone we choose, due to negative
    behavior patterns displayed in public.}

Giveaways (only choose one please and list your favorite toon to receive it)

1 of 2 Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Collector's Edition - Digital Download

1 of 2 Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Shadowfell Conspiracy™ Legendary Upgrade - Digital Download

1 of 2 Dungeons and Dragons Online™ 11,000 Turbine Point Code

1 of 2 Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Menace of the Underdark™ Standard Edition - Digital Download

1 of Four Otto's Irresistible Boxes ; losers getting a chance at 1 of Four Bigby's Handy Boxes

https://www.ddo.com/en/ottosbox
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h!#post5033718

We have decided to increase each code category by +1 as we bought another set of codes just now.
    With the new Bigby's Handy Box offering, we are able to increase the Box category as well.
    All five categories have been updated, not to worry your selection in a category remains whatever you already choose.
    Again its a big celebration and thank you one and all for the healing and happiness DDO has brought us!
    Updated with the new numbers, not worry your selections are still valid.
    I think there is a code category that only has one application so far?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    A few answers...
    ...We've also discussed Gnomes, but the way we'd have to distort Dwarf bodies is quite disturbing and may violate the Geneva convention. So this one is not on the roadmap (at this point).
    This tell us a lot about the new Iconics in a nut shell.

Iconics are quick, brilliant powerful changes to the game.
    Thank you Devs, hope to see an Iconic Autogrant Completionist feat someday.

Expect Iconics to be Morphs (shape/detail altered versions) of already existing figures.

Practical example, there are no Gnomes in game, therefore an Iconic Gnome is not currently to be expected,
    however there are plenty of Kobold figures already in the game, therefore a Kobold might like the purple
    dragon knight make it to the production line.

Another practical example, a Moon Elf might easily be considered as the 9th or 10 Iconic,
    as Elves are already player characters.

Another practical example, a humanoid Race such as Aventi (Stormwrack page 34)
    would be easy to implement with blue tints of skin, small fins on limbs, and permanent
    water breathing placed atop the base human player race for starters. Add a backstory,
    along with various bonus features and with some creative thinking you have a new Iconic.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Page 56 of 128 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast