Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Level 16 now, doing Tor and the like.

Picked up Greater Shout which except for the damage needing to be increased, its a good spell.

Did a bit more bard feedback to the Devs.

I guess its companion week for Fawngate too.
    She answered a lmf looking for a Stone of Experience then put up an ad of her own.
    Now she has the white panther cub along with a cute rust monster ~ woot!

Someone from Europe wanted me to run Crucible for them, we talked it over about waiting till Sat afternoon.
    They found found a few people, I joined up along with a "real healer" and a swimmer.
    Things went pretty smooth.
    I like running with Europeans.

Probably ought to run Tor on normal a couple of times a day for awhile.
    Every dragon chest dropped a scale which is nice.

Not banking atm, need to do the Lordmarch second quest set.
    The xp doesn't get thin till you hit 17 and start counting the level 15 quests availble.
    Already have a full sigil for this life, I think. Running low on the one from Inferno of the Damned.
    So farming Litiney is scheduled for level 17 along with the missing chain.

Try as I might, I have never been able to have 19 in the bank before entering the Vale.
    So once one has 18, all bets are off and you go wherever seems easiest.
    (Fawngate never ever takes 19 until she can take 20, and that is good advice to ponder.)

3 account guild is growing rapidly ~ now almost lvl 18.
    Sure is nice to see an impressive trophy turn into 2k renown.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 08-04-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Lvl 17 and farming Litany of the Dead solo on normal right now.
    Used my last right frame to get inside.
    Thinking of going into Inferno on several normal solo this life.

Many thanks to Joxs and some of his friends for helping me get thru 16 which was a long level since I started banking again then.
    (That worked pretty well, since lvl 15+ quests are much less plentiful.)

The guild has a tiny airship now.

Starting to learn more about using the fascinate abilities.
    I think I would like to try Fawngate with power attack/cleave/greater cleave.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I do like creature companions, if anyone has a cube companion that they are willing to give up, Fawngate will pay handsomely for one. Also, +4/+5 unbound tomes are extremely desirable. She is bidding on a drow no min lvl greataxe atm, (which I lost again) and she picked up a drow no min lvl maul.

I talked to Fluffybear in detail about tanks after asking his advice on Pallys.
    It was a very funny conversation since tank philosophy is entirely different than Fawgate's typical play style.
    She even wore a Torc on her barbarian life, lol that was funny since apparently it only gave her spell points?

For the pally, Fawngate is looking towards some or all of these feats:
    Combat Expertise
    Fighter level(s) for tower shield proficiency
    Halfling for +1 ac, human for extra feat, or half elf for dilly feat
    Improved shield bashing
    Shield masterly
    Improved shield masterly
    Improved critical slashing for the blinding effect on her radiant scimitar
    Power attack to gain cleave and great cleave
    Three halfling dragonmarks if the halfling race is choosen
    Maximized and/or empowered healing

Hmm...up to 14 feats...wow

I sure do wish that dragonmarks only cost one feat.
    Hmm...maybe I'll remind the Devs that today.
    There done.

Skills would be a reversal ~ intimidate instead of diplomacy

Stats also differ
    Str high
    Con important
    Dex 14ish
    Int 10+
    Cha high

In crucible the other day, when Fawngate was calling out the symbols, her version of the symbol differed greater from someone else. The letters "N" and "F" in particular were mixed up a lot. So, Fawngate wrote down what the wheel looks like. I am assuming all symbol wheels are the same. They turn to the left, the "H" is discintly reconizable (I hope), ect...

I recall once a Dev's post on what to call the symbols, but no longer have that link:
    H
    turn wheel
    Tree ?
    turn wheel
    ??
    turn wheel
    pistol ?
    turn wheel
    space helmet ?
    turn wheel
    mountain ?

Notice that most of them avoid using alphabet letters.
    Anyone having advice on good names for these, Fawngate sure would like to hear it.

The Devs have said they will be increasing challenge xp which is very good news:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...46#post4624346
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 08-06-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Entered the Vale of Twilight for the first time today ~ rank 87.7 lvl 17

Its an important moment, because it marks the beginning of the end of available xp.

Up to this point, Fawngate has not intentionally done exporers/rares/slayers in gianthold/orchard/vale, nor has she done any lvl 16 or higher quests.

After doing Vale quests on elite, she will be willing to consider letting going of her streaks and questing any level.
    She will take levels when she is has xp banked and her rank is evenly divisable by five.
    This offers the highest flexability possible.

For example, at level 17 she can consider Ritual Sacrifice elite or Missing normal xp zerg or soloing normal Inferno or even a low xp Cursed Crypt to upgrade four of her Silver Flame Pendants.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

The question has been brought up on the forumns that since raids often don't grant xp to lvl 18 characters, there is a need for more heroic xp?

Case in point, Fawngate on life #12 as a bard is about to give up her elite streak.
    She is at rank 94.2 of 95.9 (less than 200k xp needed).
    She has a greater tome of learning (thank you so much for that).
    She has been using 30% xp potions/renown potions/jewel of fortion potions.

She has only done 3 challenges.
    She has not done the Madness chain.
    She has not attempted raids at level.
    She has saved Carnival, Sentinals, and almost all of Von for epic xp.
    She failed Dreaming Dark on elite, she can farm the other two island quests on hard/normal.
    She can still do a lot of the vale quests for first time bonuses on normal/hard.
    She has not done the second and third Lord of Dust Chain, nor has she crossed over to Forgotten Realms.
    She has not finished her explorers/slayers in the Orchard/Gianthold/Vale.
    She has not done Reaver's Refuge quests/slayers/explorers.
    She has not done anything in Amarath.

Thank you Devs for bravery bonuses as well as the first time bonuses to normal/hard/elite, it really helps!

;;;

Lives left to do:
    Halfling for all the races
    Druid and Paladin

Next up: Fatesinger Epic Destiny

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Woot, a new xp week and this time 35%, wow!

Since its to heroic xp, Fawngate went ahead and TRed into a human pally with a fighter splash.
    She might swing back and forth between tank and dps builds to explore the class.

In celebration of Fawngate's 13th life, anyone posting in this thread during the month of August (ending midnight eastern daylight time) will have a random chance at a 1600 turbine point card. Repeat posting does not count as a second entry. (Codes will be redeemed by me eventually to ensure that any leftover codes are not lost, as one of the codes I sent out did not get response back.)

Last life left: Halfling Druid

Time to get back to the game and get some xp ~ see yah there!

Community Member

Default 20 and back again

Congrats mate. I actually thought that I'd get to quest with you, but your TR maddness reigns supreme.

I can't believe you only have 2 lives left!!!!
    How was playing a bard at higher levels for you?

My levelling project is 9 at present, so I'll expect you will wiz past me next week...

So your last life will be a halfling druid?
    Flufty, Flufs, Fluffi, Fluffit

Reading this has helped a lot to illuminate some of the challenges involved in a completionist campaign. Can't decide if I just want 3x wizard lives or if I'm crazy enough to try and catch 'em all...

Community Member

Ran with you this evening Fawngate and I must say your long road to completionist shows in your play skill and tolerance (in a good way). Best of luck on this life and the next as a friendly neighborhood tree hugger!

Bloody good show Fawn. The Usain Bolt of DDO strikes again and takes Gold. Nice One.
    Willibold,Hesteban,Tooflower,Commabayou,Skummspawn ,Machiavehlli,,and Dramoh.
    Look out for them in-game.Tyrs Paladium on the big G ftw

Community Member

Just want to say it was great running with you during the VON elite flagging and to say thank you for the constant updates to this thread. It has really helped me understand just what is going to have to go into the whole TR/Completionist ordeal. Keep up the good work!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

With all the xp boosts, been playing alot, here is an update:

Lots of players TRed or went to level up their neglected toons during the 35% xp bonus, creating a wave for Fawngate to surf upon.
    Many thanks to all the great public groups that help Fawngate earn xp!

The "Gen Con/new update" 20% boost helped Fawngate get to level 20 just a few minutes ago, concluding her Pally life.

I think I'll end the current giveaway contest for Fawngate's 13th life early, but start a brand new giveaway to celebrate her 14th life now. {One of the above posters will win a 1600 tp card code, and anyone posting below this post during the month of August will have a chance to win a 1600 tp card code (received via personal message).}

Her pally life was fun, especially regarding actually having decent armor class to avoid 80~95% of attacks.
    Her AC varied, maxing in the 66~77+ish at the end.
    It really really makes a big difference, a bit of self healing along with high AC.

Although less high armor class, the beholder plate armor combined with a high crit scimitar/shield was rather interesting way to shut down spell casters.

The maximize feat (for cure serious wounds) was taken as lvl 18, as she began to feel a need for it during lvl 17.
    Lay on hands is very effective, and unless she had to help alot with whole party healing, she usually had ample healing for herself. (Time to buy a hirling when that happens.)

{Fawngate did enjoy the Bard at lvl 18ish when she started casting Otto's Irresitable Dance and used improved critical slashing with her greensteel radiant falchion. However, I did write half a dozen letters to the developers concerning bard, and I am hoping someday this class will be reviewed and revamped as they see fit.}

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

1~2 for entry 1
    3~4 for entry 2
    5~6 for entry 3
    7~8 for entry 4
    9~10 for entry 5

1d10 rolled = 10
    entry 5 wins a 1600 tp code
    (please send confirmation and if necessary I reconfirm any typos and resend)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Woot, a new xp week and this time 35%, wow!

Since its to heroic xp, Fawngate went ahead and TRed into a human pally with a fighter splash.
    She might swing back and forth between tank and dps builds to explore the class.

In celebration of Fawngate's 13th life, anyone posting in this thread during the month of August (ending midnight eastern daylight time) will have a random chance at a 1600 turbine point card. Repeat posting does not count as a second entry. (Codes will be redeemed by me eventually to ensure that any leftover codes are not lost, as one of the codes I sent out did not get response back.)

Last life left: Halfling Druid

Time to get back to the game and get some xp ~ see yah there!
    I picked a heck of a time to sit down and read this thread..lol

ShadowFlash
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

Community Member

Congrats again Fawn.
    My leveling toon is still sitting at 9 for you to wiz past with the 20% boost.

Have fun with your halfing druid and getting the win ddo feat in a couple (prob 1) weeks.

My levelling toon is fluffit (going to be what the old Flufty was before I went pure).
    Flufty, Flufs, Fluffi, Fluffit

I don't think I've ever run with you, but I agree that the 35% boost to heroic level exp has been a godsend to pugs. A real incentive to get out there and its also just about pushing my level 19 rogue into TR territory. But boy has it taken what's felt like a long time.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks for all the encouragement!
    Woot!

Hallaster is about to TR into his final life need for completionist.
    So he will be getting Completionist soon too.
    He wants to TR into 5 more past lifes as well.

He taught me a few things this life.
    Partly to be carefully in the last little bit who you run with, not because of how good they are, but what they are trying to attempt. Some 14+ level quests just aint easy to do. A few examples:

The crucible is impossible to do on elite without someone who can do the swim.
    One life, Fawngate did the crucible on causal with a level 20 friend just to be able to get to the Tor xp.
    Another life, she skipped Crucible totally.
    Another life, she did it on elite three times, lol.

In the flesh is extremely difficult to do on elite.
    Attempts on elite for Fawngate are about 1 success ~ 5 failures.
    Often she encourages folks to let in a level 18 (ddo store hire/friend who hops in a leaves/public player) and do this quest on hard. Hard will grant an chain completion along with good xp.

Acute delirium is extremely difficult to do on elite.
    Letting in a level 20 will allow a normal completion.
    The Assulym quest in that chain is very good for xp and can be done on elite, focus on it.

Running with devils is difficult to do on elite, however this quest is a matter a sneaky character body pulling a one/few monsters at a time. Crawling with devils is its elite nickname.

I dream of Jeets is a true epic quest on elite. Bring your A Team along with a bard to fasciante the multitude of 6+ casters who show up for the end fight. Otherwise, just skip this one, totally.

Dreaming Dark, the final battle, is another true epic quest when run on elite. Skip this one in favor of running all the other island quests on hard and normal. Fawngate the bard kitted the end boss and his three nightmares for 25+/- minutes while the entire party released and came back in order to die again. Thank goodness for auto run, but xp per minute on that quest run = an hour for zero xp.

Reaver's Refuge on elite requires good party composition/skilled players. Often players give up their elite/hard streaks to do these quests on easier difficulties.

The last two quests in the lord of dust chain are difficult to do on elite. They can be done, but be aware of the strength of your group when attempting them. Since these two quests allow access to Forgotten Realms which will contain more and more xp, getting thru these quest on hard/normal may become more and more important.

Fawngate prefers to retain her elite streak until she has finished the Vale and then she plays it by how things look. The last two lives she has kept her elite streak by chance.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Fawngate is now halfling lvl 1 fighter (power attack + cleave) + lvl 1 druid.

Str 16/ Con 15/ Wis 16

Wanting to use her Drow no min level Great Axe which cost her three auction house bidding wars and many plat to get.
    Have a few lesser hearts left over, expecting to lesser heart at least once as she learns how to play this complicated class.

Several people suggested Monk 2/Druid with a high halfling dex, which sounds interesting for later on.

Looking forward to druid, see you in game!

Those of you who went to Gen Con, congratulations, it was a fun convention, the few years I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Fawngate is now halfling lvl 1 fighter (power attack + cleave) + lvl 1 druid.

Str 16/ Con 15/ Wis 16

Wanting to use her Drow no min level Great Axe which cost her three auction house bidding wars and many plat to get.
    Have a few lesser hearts left over, expecting to lesser heart at least once as she learns how to play this complicated class.

Several people suggested Monk 2/Druid with a high halfling dex, which sounds interesting for later on.

Looking forward to druid, see you in game!

Those of you who went to Gen Con, congratulations, it was a fun convention, the few years I went.
    Congratz on your last life!
    I did something similar with my druid life, splashed 1 fighter, all lvl ups in wisdom, and cleaved all the way to 20.
    I regret not having splashed with monk though.
    Tips : I'd go fire to start with : firewall, flame strike & fire storm to spam, then switch to ice later : both versions of creeping cold seem to stack and I was getting crits for 1500+.

Gl with it!

PS: I'm actually thinking of stealing your idea and start some kind of a journal where I keep track of my lives, the way I built my toons, my thoughts, for myself and of course those that might be interested in trying out completionist.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast