Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Vol Elite + farm
    Liteny Elite + farm

End of day twoish
    I did a couple of Litany runs with Cloey and Hordo on Sunday...then 2 days later we are doing VOL and I said "didn't we just do Litany on Sunday?" and Cloey said "That was LAST life".

How sad I got lapped before I got 2 levels completed.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    [Here's a build I put together with the intention of TRing my arti for a couple of nice past lives without having to regear completely.
    Thank you very much.
    That is an awesume piece of work.

Elite Rainbow in the Dark
    Elite Coal Chamber

Aaaannnnndddd Fawn is 20!

Evening of day three.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    I did a couple of Litany runs with Cloey and Hordo on Sunday...then 2 days later we are doing VOL and I said "didn't we just do Litany on Sunday?" and Cloey said "That was LAST life".
    I remember that moment

I'm pretty sure Fawn has more Supreme xp elixers now than when she start her turbo life!

Big thanks to all who quested with Fawn!
    Special thanks to Cloey and Sthase for planing out a smooth fast life.

Default http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4818737&postcount=15

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=15
    Been pondering stealth alot lately, thanks Mr. Cow for explaining it.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=381780
    Also a link to Mr. Cows latest diary of a true reincarnate.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-19-2012 at 09:23 PM.

You had a couple numbers missing from your stone usage, so I thought I'd help you fill that in.

You started with 409,013 and gained 2,834,866 to end at 3,243,899.

It was great running with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stahse View Post
    It was great running with you.
    You too, thanks
    And congratulations on making Completionist!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletIncubus View Post
    I've got a rogue 12/monk 8 life on the books, using quarterstaves. Thief Acrobat and dark monk with wind stance. Looks interesting on paper, looking forwards to trying it, but I've got another 3 lives to do across my toons before I do it. *continues to prod his wizard along*
    What should I expect to do with this build?

Why the quarterstaffs over handwraps?
    I have a pair of vampiric stonedust handwraps, and just pulled a pair of normal ivy wraps.

What kind of quarterstaffs do I need to save/craft for this build?
    I have toons that store thieves tools, toons that store handwraps, toons that stored named loot, etc...

Off hand~I see maybe:
    Glancing blows?
    Tactical feats?
    Does sneak attack damage affect glancing blows?
    Is that with the acrobat prestigue class?

Why dark monk over light monk in this build?

Would glancing blows affect a light monks healing?

What kinda of stat distribution would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Why 12rog/8mnk over 13 rog/7 monk? 13/7 gets you +1d6 SA and opportunist over the other option. Just asking what you're valuing from mnk 8 so highly.
    Nice tip.
    The main thing I could find was lvl 8 give better handwrap damage, but this build is using staffs.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.

One big way, DDO differs from all othe MMOs is the rich history that D&D offers.

For Brand X new material means new thoughts and ideas to absorb, contemplate, etc...

For DDO it may always seem to the Devs like people are asking when do we see ___ and ____??
    Because there is sooooo much left that can be used.
    Sooo much potential.

Really thinking the enhancement update will turn character building upside down in a good way.

Is this like a blog or something?

What should I expect to do with this build?

Why the quarterstaffs over handwraps?
    I have a pair of vampiric stonedust handwraps, and just pulled a pair of normal ivy wraps.

What kind of quarterstaffs do I need to save/craft for this build?
    I have toons that store thieves tools, toons that store handwraps, toons that stored named loot, etc...

Off hand~I see maybe:
    Glancing blows?
    Tactical feats?
    Does sneak attack damage affect glancing blows?
    Is that with the acrobat prestigue class?

Why dark monk over light monk in this build?

Would glancing blows affect a light monks healing?

What kinda of stat distribution would that be?
    Unless the enhancement pass rolls through with a bunch of changes before you hit this life, the general idea is STR-based dark monk/acrobat for Q-staff attack speed, 25% incorp, dodge bonuses, run speed, and knockdown immunity.
    Pros: Less MAD, Q-staff animations, cleave/Gcleave/OC easier to fit (and do get SA damage).
    Cons: Reduced single-target damage (vs. TWF), Sneak attack damage does not apply to glancing blows, few good Q-staffs.

Community Member

I'll admit, I haven't actually hit the books and planned out the life in detail, it's about 3 lives away from being done, I mainly brought it up because it's a little different to what you mostly see.

Reason for quarterstaves is indeed the thief acrobat combo, by boosting both str and dex, you're getting both str and dex to damage, at least on sneak attacks. So yeah, stat distro wise, you're looking at high str, secondary in dex, con and wis, tertiary in int and cha. And combining thief acrobat and wind stance, you've got a notable boost to attack speed from each which stack due to being different bonuses. (By my reading of it, one is the same as the action boost haste speed boost, the other is akin to haste or melee alacrity)

As far as quarterstaves, you can make the reverse of the vamp. stonedust handwraps, and make a Petrifying Staff of Shadows, the Reavers Fate staff "Dreamspitter" is rather nice when fully upgraded. I've also got the staff from mindsunder (mini-edit: Rahl's Might), although I'm not sure it's an upgrade over the fully tricked out dreamspitter, haven't compared the two enough. I'll likely be relying on crafted staves prior to level 12 when they all become usable.

No real reason for monk 8 instead of 7, as mentioned I haven't planned it out in detail as yet. It was mainly becuase rogue 12 was all that was needed for the prestige. Now that people are making me look at things, rogue 13 would indeed do more for the build than monk 8.

Dark monk over light is mainly personal preference, in my mind it suits better.

I mainly mentioned this build because it was a bit different to what you usually see. At least on paper, it looks like it'd work well, I suppose time will tell whether or not that'll be the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Is this like a blog or something?
    Lol, you made me look up the word "blog"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

Read thru most of it.
    In the final parts of it, at least in my opinion the answer is "no".

Simply because the moderators of DDO forums control and govern the overall conduct here instead of me.
    {And they do a incredibly good job, better than most gaming type websites ~~ THANKS}

However, it could seem like a blog, I guess.
    Perhaps think of it as inspired by Mr. Cow's much better diary of a true reincarnate?

I mainly mentioned this build because it was a bit different to what you usually see. At least on paper, it looks like it'd work well, I suppose time will tell whether or not that'll be the reality.
    Aye, and thanks I appreciate it

That is what I like about talking about builds and such, it helps so much.
    Especially when Fawn TRs into every class as she has done and will probably continue doing.

Like the time, Fawn had her ranger build all mapped out, till someone pointed out maximized spell
    was missing ~ back to the drawing board.

Last night had an enjoyable time with a MAC Druid's Deep chain run on epic hard.
    I am so impressed with the forgotten realms content.

This morning ~ found a group running challenges for epic tockens,
    so Fawn joined for the fun of it, getting some mats and xp while her xp pot ran out.

Spent today relaxing and correcting the main flaw in Fawn's turbo life ~ bank favor.
    Tear, House D tavern mine, Von 1, Von 2, Von 3 heroic Elite = bank favor done.
    Panther and epic hire for the win.

Level 21 with 3 days, 16 hours left on TR timer.
    Lots of friendly tells, shocked at the speed of this life.

Well, maybe I'll go work on Fawn's comic.
    Bigger so it can be reduced to proper size.
    More action, better lines, ect...

I'll admit, I haven't actually hit the books and planned out the life in detail, it's about 3 lives away from being done, I mainly brought it up because it's a little different to what you mostly see.

Reason for quarterstaves is indeed the thief acrobat combo, by boosting both str and dex, you're getting both str and dex to damage, at least on sneak attacks. So yeah, stat distro wise, you're looking at high str, secondary in dex, con and wis, tertiary in int and cha. And combining thief acrobat and wind stance, you've got a notable boost to attack speed from each which stack due to being different bonuses. (By my reading of it, one is the same as the action boost haste speed boost, the other is akin to haste or melee alacrity)
    None is the same as the action boost. But that's good, because you still get action boost: haste.

Acrobat Staff Speed bonus is a "Competence" bonus to attack speed. According to the description, this is a 20% increase at tier II, however, the tested speed increase is only 15%.
    Adept Wind Stance grants 10% "Enhancement" bonus to attack speed (Melee alacrity is also 10%, Haste is 15%)
    Adept Wind Stance grants 5% doublestrike
    Action Boost: Haste IV grants 30% "Boost" bonus to attack speed for 20 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown.

Also, TA1 only adds Dex to SA damage, which again doesn't get applied to glancing blows, but does get applied with cleave/great cleave. A heavy investment in Dex is not significantly beneficial unless you plan to only use one of the 3 staves that grants dex bonus to damage (Chieftan's Spear, Nat Gann, Breeze)

Lol, you made me look up the word "blog"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

Read thru most of it.
    In the final parts of it, at least in my opinion the answer is "no".

Simply because the moderators of DDO forums control and govern the overall conduct here instead of me.
    {And they do a incredibly good job, better than most gaming type websites ~~ THANKS}

However, it could seem like a blog, I guess.
    Perhaps think of it as inspired by Mr. Cow's much better diary of a true reincarnate?
    I think it would be a great suggestion for the Mods to make a place you could blog about your character and moderate it yourself. That would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I think it would be a great suggestion for the Mods to make a place you could blog about your character and moderate it yourself. That would be pretty awesome.
    Kinda like, guild politics is too much for me, I prefer the moderators making the tough decisions instead of me.

By the way, a moderator has been into this thread once, and did an almost seamless fix.
    Thanks again moderators.

Isn't My DDO page do that for you?

Edit: It is an interesting thought to consider making.

Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-21-2012 at 12:37 AM.

D&D is owned by WotC

WotC also owns Magic the Gathering

I read an article by a staff member from WotC
    {He also was in charge of Pokemon as well as being a former national MTG winner.}

The article was titled "Why make bad cards?"

But, it was written long ago, however a google search reveals similar articles:
    http://www.wizards.com/MagiC/Magazin...com/daily/mr52
    http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazin...g/daily/mm/218

That in a mutant-sized nutshell is why we make “bad cards." To recap (or to fill in for those unwilling to read the long version):

1.By definition, some bad cards have to exist. (The most important reason.)

2.Some cards are “bad” because they aren’t meant for you.

3.Some cards are “bad” because they’re designed for a less advanced player.

4.Some cards are “bad” because the right deck for them doesn’t exist yet.

5.“Bad” cards reward the more skilled player.

6.Some players enjoy discovering good “bad” cards.

7.Some “bad” cards are simply R&D goofing up.
    Design Principle #1: Games Are Supposed to Challenge the Player

Design Principle #2: Make The Players Do The Work

Design Principle #3: Don't Overestimate Your Audience

Design Principle #4: Force Players to Improvise

Design Principle #5: Make The Players Love Something

Design Principle #6: Give Players Something To Call Their Own

Design Principle #7: Give The Player a Scapegoat

Why am I talking about DDO in reference to MTG?
    Well, I am pretty certain that the Devs have at one time or another encounter these ideas.

There are bad cards so that there are good cards.
    There are bad DDO builds so that there are good DDO builds.

A rather complex idea, but once you grasp it...

The holiday boxes do stack only taking up one inventory space.

Isn't My DDO page do that for you?

Edit: It is an interesting thought to consider making.

Hey! That is a good idea I didn't even think about. Cordovan could make it a featured page. That would be pretty sweet.

Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast