Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

my comp is in the shop atm it broke down il join u guys asap
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

We finished up essentially near lvl 7.
    Lvl 5 with banking.
    Not bad for one day of questing and a day of equipment preparation.

The day started with Cloey and Gunga-1 farming Stealthy Repossesion as they expertly quickly worked their way to lvl 3 while Fawngate finished out her Korthos Elites (also at level 3).

We worked our way around the harbor while Gunga drove to Best Buy trying to figure out his computer problem which apparently was a graphics card. Often E/H/N. Did the two market quests that are lower level near the Steam Tunnels entrance. We did skip Barudry's chain, but Fawngate had the foresight to do them ahead of time.

Next we took a break, while Cloey ate and talked to Gunga who was still having problems getting his computer back in order (it may be next tuesday before it all works out). My mom was starting to feel bad, so I took her blood pressure, gave her a squirt of nitrogyclerin and a blood pressure pill. Then I sat by her and talked with her while getting her to relax on the sofa. After awhile she started feeling better again. I do know she will admantly refuse to go to hospital, so its nice the doctors work with her and I have options to help her.

Later on, everyone is back and ready to roll so we tackle Water Works E/H. Cloey is dragging Gunga-1 around and leading the kill count as well, lol...its not without reason that gal is on her 29ish life.

We move on to the STK in the steam tunnels doing an elite run then a hard run, window farming the last part on hard multiple times. {Developers have stated that window farming is not considered an exploit.} Then we called it a night.

I really like the pace Cloey sets. Its very efficent yet relaxed. {Two things essential for good TRing.} She is smart too. She tells me, just do what makes you happy. Im thinking she is smart enough to realize Fawngate can put a pretty good spin with whatever she has to work with.

Gunga-1 and Cloey have one lvl of barbarian for the sprint boost, and I can see how they use that to be effective.
    Learned a new trick yesterday, instead of crafting life shield for a low level armor, do invulnerability first for the DR.
    Also a week or so ago, someone taught me, blocking helps while you are knocked down, held, ect...

Fawngate might shift her spells a bit, seeing as Gunga-1 is going to have a bit less caster levels, and Hordo's druid is a first life (which will cause him to shift characters as he outlevels us eventually). So far however, web + electric loop with an occasional sonic blast is quite effective. She still melees with her greatsword, but she is mixing it up now.

They do have quite a system of understanding each other, for example if the quest has a fork, Cloey goes left, Hordo goes right. It is really interesting to hear Hordo talk. He is funny and modest. The way he talks you would be hard pressed to realize who he is really is.

We had a player join with terrible hit points, and when all was said and done, Hordo had convinced him to reroll and start anew. Nice job.

Fawngate will have to pick her lvl 3 spell today, and try to work in the first prestigue class, as she takes lvl 6. Also picking up her tinked out great axe. It is not THE great axe, as that one is epic lvl now, but its good enough to keep her going till she shifts even more to casting and greensteels.

Got the two TP cards sitting by the computer, so should be able to find time to message them Soontm. Counted the rest out, have four extra more left, and there is always Game Stop to pick up a few more.

Started with Tangleroot this morning.
    Did the whole chain on elite, including a hard farming of the spider running to the gate quest.
    Fawngate and Gunga-1 alternated those runs, and it was fun.

Moved on to Delara's part 1 E (to pick up the bravery bonus)

Then Did all four of the Necro 1 flagging quests, including a hard farm of the Immortal heart.

Taking a long well deserved break atm.
    It is fun running with this group.

Fawngate just leveled up to 8.
    She took the completionist feat at 6.
    New spells ~ repair moderate damage, lighting bolt, fireball, and firewall
    Debated between firewall and ice storm, given Bloody crypt is next thought maybe firewall would be better.
    Air Pretigue class with a balance between fire and ice.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    They do have quite a system of understanding each other, for example if the quest has a fork, Cloey goes left, Hordo goes right. It is really interesting to hear Hordo talk. He is funny and modest. The way he talks you would be hard pressed to realize who he is really is.

We had a player join with terrible hit points, and when all was said and done, Hordo had convinced him to reroll and start anew. Nice job.
    Thanks for the props Fawn!
    As for the player with the terrible HPs...let's just say that those on Khyber know that when I start to get queasy with a toon's HPs and survivability, there is a real big problem. LOL!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    As for the player with the terrible HPs...let's just say that those on Khyber know that when I start to get queasy with a toon's HPs and survivability, there is a real big problem. LOL!
    You're just worried that people wont have the inventory space to carry your soulstone too, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    my hp wasnt terrible it wasnt all that great :P , i was SS on leet tho
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

(I had an update typed up this morning, but the power went off, and I lost it...perhaps I need a new backup battery?)

Afternoon of Day Two started with Hordo, Inkblack? (sigh, I even jotted down people's names this time, I guess the paper had something on the other side and got thrown away), a nice bard friend of Cloey's, Cloey, Fawngate, and Gunga-1 gearing up for the Bloody Crypt.

As Gunga-1 was preparing his laptop, Hordo, Inkblack?, and Fawngate did some explores starting in Sorrowdusk Island then moving into the Red Fens.

Then Gunga-1 was ready and we entered the bloody crypt: E, Hx8ish, N
    Hordo and Fawngate went right naturally...
    That went well, and eventually a few people dropped out and Wujoh started questing with us.
    His barbarian preformed well even though it was a bit underlevel of the group.
    Wujoh {zarthak} had some nice conversation with the group as everyone got to know each other.
    He is rather mature for his age, so that was nice.
    By the way, congratulations on pulling that +3 heart zrathak!

After Bloody Crypt we move on to Tear on Elite.
    Gunga-1 was gearing up on rogue equipment while we cleared out.
    Things went rather well, till the end shard.
    First Fawngate fell in a wizard's dual with two or so Hobgoblin Spellcasters.

Wujoh picked up Fawngate's Soul Stone and hacked and slashed his way within touching range of the final shard.
    Then from out of nowhere, a half dozen or so Wrogs leaped forward bitting Wujoh's heels, wresting him the ground.
    Poor Wujoh's soulstone lay on the ground as the Wrogs plotted great evil vs the adventures.

Fading into the background they crouched waiting as one by one the party member rushed forward only to recieve a fatal bite to the ankle....

Even the mighty Cloey fell prey to their evil schemes, but as all eyes turned toward Gunga-1 the trapper wizard, sole surviver, Cloey sprang back to life and slashed her way to victory.

The adventures plotted their revenge continue to harass the Hobgoblins (hard farm x 8 then normal) till the tribe was pushed back into the nether reaches.

A quick trip thru Gwylin's Last Stand was next.

Followed by a trip thru the House K tavern quests:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Eve..._Flagon_quests
    (we did not do the one with tons of fire elements, and I am glad of that)
    {These house K are essential to ensure that you definately have enough bank favor to TR especially if you are not sure you will get in a Von 5+6 elite run. So you might as well do them at level for xp.}

After that we headed back to Delaras.
    Wujoh decided to continue with us, even though he was a bit underlevel, and he did a good job. Sometimes its better to ride a TR wave and skip a bit of quests. It was interesting to listen to the conversation between the adults and Wujoh, and I know he had a good time.

We had already done part 1, but we did it again for someone in the group, then moved on to part 2 which we did E, Hx8ish, N.

During part 3, Hordo changed toons, joining us on an elite run.
    He brought to the table a hybrid experiment, combining monk, animal form, and cleric: Tyche
    Sometimes putting a heavy spin on a toon shows one's finesse not one's inability, and it is certainly true in this case.
    After deleting 20 toons, Hordo still has over 40 toons, so he is definately exploring the limits of character building and that takes talent.

We continued on to Delaras part 4 which we did on Elite, then Hard about ten times, spliting the group out.
    As you can guess, Hordo and Fawn went right, lol...

That ended day 2 on a solid note.

Day 3 began with Cloey sending Fawngate a message thru the forums.
    Logging on, Fawngate joined Cloey and Gunga-1 in progress doing Xoriat Cipher.
    They were nice enough to repeat an elite run, then we back to hard runs.

After that, we went to the Shadow Knight as Gunga-1 showed he definately can handle the traps. (E+H).
    Afterwards we did a single bravery bonus Shadow crypt run, which we would return to much later again.

Logging out we all returned to real life.

Later on, we logged back in at a certain time arranged before hand.

Von 1, 2, 3, 4 was tackled all done first time on Elite (as is every quest so far.)

Then Gunga-1 put up an LFM ad for an at level bravery Von Raid.
    It did fill with a few guildies, friends and Khyberites looking for good xp.
    Hordo took the microphone lead, as Gunga-1 is using a laptop without good sound atm.
    Kudos to Hordo for a good lead and soloing healing the final battle with the red dragon which was victorious.

What a difference from the old days, as Fawngate geared up with major fire protection and cast spell after spell till she and her comrades prevailed. Its so nice having the elemental protection that she has now, and finally she can recognized the hints of possible fire breath.

Then Gunga-1, Cloey, Hordo in the guise of a wolf, and Fawngate returned to Von 3 doing hard difficulty.

Eventually before the Von 3 xp was exhausted all eyes turned to the Shadow Crypt as Gunga-1 and Fawngate used the two path method. I was proud of Fawngate, she held up her end nicely. After about 14 lives, she asked others how to easily find the chests underwater ~ the backspace key is your friend.

Day 3 of Fawngate's life #16 {Warfored Air Sorcerer} ends with a bang in Shadow Crypt.
    She has just taken lvl 13, rank 65.

She took the active past life sorcerer feat at lvl 9, followed by empower spell at lvl 12.
    Her theory is that she has three spell like abilities that she can apply metamagics to for free, therefore more free power for the win. She also has been applying empower to repair moderate damage and her firewall as well.

She exchanged master's touch for the jump spell, which she badly needed. She has atm:
    6th Chain Lightning, Distegrate
    5th Ball Lighting, Eldar's Electric Surge, Cyclonic Blast
    4th Dimension Door Fire Shield, Ice Storm, Firewall
    3rd Fireball, Haste, Lighting Bolt, and Rage (swapping lightning bolt for displacement soonth)
    2nd Electric Loop, Repair Moderate Damage, Resist Energy, Web (Gunga-1 has blur)
    1st Jump, Nightshield, Obscuring Mist, Sonic Blast

Her enhancements are major electric with balance between fire and cold, and increasing force and repair.

Current hit points unbuffed are 324 with 2014 spell points.

Perhaps the most memorable moments so far in life #16 was Fawngate following a wolf thru most of a quest only to find out it was a real wolf and not Hordo the druidit!!!

I'll have to say, leveling up this life is the cat's catnip!
    Warforged Sorcerers are a lot of fun to level up.
    Makes me tempted to use some of those hearts in the banks someday...

;;;

Aparently Raid Bypass Timer items are gonna be 150 tp.
    Well what will be will be.

;;;;

I heard a few rumors on why the servers went down for a hotfix on a Sat morning a bit ago.
    If what I heard was true, the Devs reacted correctly and quickly.
    No way for me to verify, but anyway...

;;;;

Looks like a +4 Dex Tome sold on another server for 10 frds quickly.
    So..
    Hmm...would like a set of +4 tomes, but so would everyone else, lol...
    What would that be? 60 frds? A bit more than I have lol...

Not gonna worry about it, when the level cap gets changed to 35 or 40, then we might start seeing the existance of +6 tomes?
    If +6 tomes become available, the DDO store always sells highest tome availble minus two.
    For those who cry "pay to win" whatever that means, look over the auction house, a bit ago there were a ton of +3 tomes for sale, which is the current DDO store availble tome.

It is just like in real life, if you want the top of the line in anything you are gonna have to pay much bigger than normal in sweat or coin.
    The middle of the line is the best deal, and the bottom of the line should be ignored.

Atm, +3 tomes are the mid line product, +1 tomes are now being given away to people and crunched into purified ebberon shards, +4 tomes are rough to get.

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    my hp wasnt terrible it wasnt all that great :P , i was SS on leet tho
    It definately was not you, we met the player in water works.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-18-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I wrote the Developers again, politely requesting more bank space in the DDO store.
    A girl can dream...

One has no idea the pressure a completionist project puts on your bank space until you actually do it...

I saw someone commenting on whether the Healer class (from the minature's handbook 3rd edition) should be consider for DDO as a class.

The healer class has poor melee abilities along with no offensive spells. It does have the most powerful animal companion in the game. Basicially it avoids combat to rely on others while providing strong healing.

It did have an ambigous wording that was hard for a DM to rule on concerning spontaneos conversion of spells to cure spells (something a cleric already had). Either way, the moment D&D 3.5 Player's Handbook 2 arrived The Healer class become significantly less good at healing than a cleric.

One of the main problems of the bard class is that it is too one sided ~ best at buffing others.
    So, would the Healer Class be too one sided ~ best at healing others, or is there a demand for such a class.

Would it be better to offer tier 3 healing prestigue class for Druid, Favored Soul, Clerics, Bards?

There are so many choices for classes:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/class
    Swordmage ~ 2013? (Or is it Swordsage lol?)

The orignal D&D cartoon characters (1st edition stuff) ~ Acrobat, Cavalier, Illusionist (npc that like the wizard), Unicorn companion, and those we have: Ranger, Wizard, Thief (renamed rogue awhile back), Barbarian.

Psionics ~ perhaps with a Dark Sun expansion pack?

Along with the variations found in certain books themes:

The Soul Knife Book set with incarnum

The samurai/shugenja book set featuring eastern civilation type themes

The binder/totemist book set featuring Soulmends

The true namer book set featuring the secret language of the universe

The dragonfire adept

The spellthief

The warlock

The marshal

The hexblade

The mystic

The archivist

The scout

Etc, etc, etc....

I want a Warlock!

Miss running with ya Fawn. But, I do enjoy following your adventures here! Keep it up!
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

Community Member

Enjoy the power of the warforged. haven't kept up on your exploits (not that kind!!!) in a while, so loooong reading.

I'll keep sending you tells when I get online and hopefully I'll be able to q with you again.

Have fun like normal mate.
    Flufty, Flufs, Fluffi, Fluffit

Hey Fluffi, good talking to you tonight.

Thanks for the tips on
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Tenser%27s_Transformation
    and your fighter 6/rogue 2/wizard 12 build.

Day 4 of Fawngate's 16th life:

Began by joining a Von 5 +6 elite raid (lvl 13 max lvl characters), Fawngate did the voice and ring and Von 5 went well. Von 6 ended up a wipe due to 2nd base failing. We first tried the archery method targeting 1st and 3rd, but the archers told us they cannot target the pillars anymore, so we switched to the normal methods.

Cloey joined me with Gunga-1 after that and we proceeded with various people coming and going.

Desert Quests
    Purge the Shrine E, H, N
    Farming Marade the Mines E, Hx8ish, N

House J
    Dreams of Insanity E

Delaras
    And the Dead Shall Rise E
    (Fawngate felt much more confident with her acid absorbtion item equipped)
    From Beyond the Grave E

House P~Desert Hordo joined us at this point.
    Desert Carvan E

Took a long break.
    Returned and did more desert:
    An Offering of Blood E, H alot, N

Took lvl 14 as xp was capped on Cloey and almost capped on Fawn

Wizard King E, H alot then called it a night.

Fawngate is lvl 14 rank 73.5 atm.

I was a bit worried about using an air savant in the desert, but frankly its working out fine.
    It is kinda fun to test out different spells.

Deadmanet, I miss running with you too, and I think a lot of folks would be impressed with a DDO Warlock.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-19-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Awhile back, Fawngate disabled the "Show player guild names" check box.

Thalzur (and a few others) asked why?
    I simply said sometimes Fawngate does things I don't understand.
    He just laughed.

I enabled to learn what a particular guild name was a bit ago, and she just went this morning and disabled it again.

Kinda thinking, maybe she does not give a hoot what guild others are in?

Her healer instincts seem to judge players by their actions...

Rolling 1d20 = 6

http://forums.ddo.com/member.php?u=411696

Oh my goodness, how lucky can a fellow get?
    .....So, decided since this is big group, and Shadow has won two codes already, that I would roll again to give away a second code.
    So, I got out a white Magic the Gathering health counter (its a d20 too).
    And unbelievabley rolled another 6...(which will not count as this roll is for everyone else)
    I guess Chester the Avatar of the Loot Gods smiles upon Shadow!

So, I got out my red Magic the Gathering health counter:

Roll 1d20 =4

http://forums.ddo.com/member.php?u=306855

Congratulations you too will be receiving a TP code from a card in the near future.
    Both codes sent in a PM, enjoy!

{TP cards thrown into the drawer with the others till much later to be sorted out.}
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-19-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Notes for self/wish list:

Green Steel Helm

Greater Fire Guard

Aspect Of Ash (Either)

Aspect of Ash II - Enervation Guard (Non-Weapon)

Minor Evil Guard

Lesser Fire Guard

;;;

Green Steel Weave Gloves

Greater Ice Guard

Aspect of Steam (Either)

Aspect of Steam II - Steam Guard (Non-Weapon)

Minor Good Guard

Lesser Ice Guard

;;;;

http://ddowiki.com/page/Dragontouched_Armor
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Day 5 started late

Wiz King on normal
    Chains of Flame elite
    Against the Demon Queen elite
    Zawabi's Revenge elite (4 manning a raid but failing ~ boss down to 28ish%)

Took break

Diplomatic Immunity elite and hard
    Frame Work elite and several hards

Took lvl 15

Trial by Fire elite and hard x 8ish

Quit for the night.

A big special thanks for Cloey, Hordo, and Gunga-1 for teaching me the quicker method to do Frame Work. It is not easy and its dangerous and you miss out on all those optionals, but its quick and fun if you pull it off.

A special thanks for Gunga-1 who retrieved my soul stone at great danger so I would not have to release.

A special thanks for all three of you for making me laugh.

And a thanks for waiting for me while I tended to a lot of important real life stuff.

Rolling 1d20 = 6

http://forums.ddo.com/member.php?u=411696

Oh my goodness, how lucky can a fellow get?

My god! This is by far the luckiest I've ever been!

That being said, I have so much appreciation for silverleafeon spoting me varquilles code, and my whole family has more than they need ATM to progress for at least a few months, I refuse the code My thanks for the generosity shown, but I simply cannot accept more than we need. We have more than enough TP to enjoy the game right now, and would prefer Fawngate (and mom) select someone else deserving of the code via outright, or re-roll.

Thank you much for everything, but spread the wealth I cannot in good conscience accept.

Thanks again,
    ShadowFlash & Co.
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

Thanks Shadow we will reroll:
    1d20 = 18

;;;

By request:

http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Shadow_Crypt
    http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Shadow_Crypt_instance_paths

Dual Caster Path:

RED