Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Currently 2.5 ranks from lvl 20.

Got up this morning and did some Buying time with Hallaster.
    Haste bot/sustaining song/defense for the kobolds

Joined a shroud on hard completed.
    Got excited and got my raid bypass timers out the bank.
    Tried to join an almost full shroud, but was declined.
    {Exact same thing happened on my druid life then I TRed}

Went back to Hallaster's marathon event, saw another shroud was accepted to it, used the bipass then took the quest, completed a second shroud. A kind soul gave me a supreme shard, thank you

Typing this while I wait for another shroud, I guess Fawngate is committed to 20 shrouds before TRing now.

Community Member

hehe gratz little Fawny
    now Sith and I are far behind, but I'm loving my vacation time so much, than I have no regrets

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Fawngate is now lvl 20 starting Fatesinger epic destiny.

Many thanks to Fyros, Sith, Cloey, Gunga-1, Hordoculture, Chromme, Gholeanna, all you many other Khyberians!

Time maybe for a Shroud marathon?
    (2 shrouds done, would like about 40?)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Normally, I never ever quote Developers.
    However, I will make an exception here, in response to the Turbine Code that Vargouille won:

Originally Posted by Vargouille
    Hi Silverleafeon,

Thanks so much! I sincerely appreciate the thought and deed, but prefer to decline the honor and let you pass it on to someone else. Thanks for the kind words as well.

Vargouille
    Woot, thanks for the nice reply, Vargouille!
    Due to his generousity, we now have a turbine points card available to give away.
    I'll need to hunt it out of the drawer and ponder the possiblities...

Talked it over with Mom, and we decided to send the extra code to Shadow Flash for several reason, including his attitude that family comes first which is important to Fawngate, for I go afk every so often to talk/help my mom (she is old) when she needs some attention.
    OMG...gone for a few days (back to school mad house ) and I come back to this as the first message I read We put this code on my girlfriends account, which means that all of us in the house now have our ED's and enough to puchase MotU as soon as there's a sale or with very minimal spending (or even some quick favor grinding runs on alternate servers) on our part. We can't thank you enough, and thanks to Vargouille as well We can now ALL play together past 20 Thanks !!!!!!!!

ShadowFlash & Co.

P.S. Thanks to the Silverleafeon MOM too
    Last edited by ShadowFlash; 09-08-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

;;;

Fawn's Shroud Marathon 7 of 40 done.
    Calling it a night, its late.
    Feels like I just lead a full raid train.

The raid bypass timer ddo store item works great.

Although I recommend logging out every other shroud, even if you have a good computer.

A lot of friends and khyberites came to my looking for members advertisment, and Fawngate greatly thanks you.

Hey Fawn. Saw your shroud march up at run 4, was considering joining but had just finished a long set of gaming to so decided to call it a night. Hope you enjoyed yourself!

I disappear for a few measly days due to some silly little rainstorm down here on the coast and...

Gratz on Completionist!
    "Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." —Vyse, "Skies of Arcadia"
    Kayara Myrlan, Rogue, Khyber
    ==> For those many times when the customer ISN'T right <==

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks, it is really neat being a completionist now ~ Woot!

Yes I did, it was fun.
    Many thanks to the Spellsinger bard who ran with me 5 times, DDing out before the finish and helping me heal the shroud.
    Wish I had wrote down his name, cause he really helped.

Ironic, Fawngate is a bard, and still she wants to heal Shroud.
    Back to cleric someday for awhile?
    The question "Who am I?" still remains...

Special thanks to Gholeanna for teaching me something new and helping me get thru my last half rank before lvl 20.
    Here I was trying to solo Rainbow of the Dark on hard (how hard can that be) fighting in the dark watching rust monster tear my equipment to shreds while I try to avoid being earthgrabbed...

Restart quest, Gholeanna the master of ice joins me. We enter and Fawngate says do you want the flashlite or should I carry it? He links his goodies and indicate he would rather carry them. So, since Fawngate knows the quest well, she picks up the flashlite. Since she does not have two weapon fighting, she single weilds the flashlite.

So, twirling thru her mind, is the thought, how do I adapt, what do I do in this situation. (So important when running with TRs, thinking thru the strenghts and weakness of the party and what the other's styles of playing will be.) He goes forward a bit then tells me to wait. So I wait and see these icely ray beams shooting forth thru a longish tunnel passage. So, Fawngate says to herself Ice Saviant, has good skills with using it, needs someone to set things up and distract the rust monsters.

The rest of the quest proceeds with Fawngate playing a new (at least to her) type of role. She calls it the Positioner character. Her job was to place and gather the monsters in such a way that would be most efficent for Gholeanna to cast spells at them. It was fun. {It could not be called tanking cause Fawngate's armor consists of a displacement spell unless she accidently lets it run out.} She did move forward first, but in a certain manner, turning creature, gathering them up, distracting them, ect...

After that Gholeanna set up some fast normal runs thru ritual with letting anyone join, and that finished Fawngate's heroic levels!

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Shroud malathon 9 of 40 done.
    All on hard so others may prosper
    (Last run saw Portal Keeper failure for the first time, but recall and retry for the win.)
    Joining pick up groups when they are available which Sunday noonish there were quite a few.
    (Easier to let other run them when mom is asleep as I cannot talk then.)

Ransacked shroud chests now.
    Probably should stop opening them?
    Till maybe next week.

Generous people have provide supreme shards.
    {Fawngate offers to take when nobody wants them.}

Well, back to the game...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Shroud marathon #10 (did yardwork afterwards)

Horrible lag, similiar to shroud marathon #6, in part one of the shroud.
    Literly running around with no connection to the rest of the raid or enemies.
    Hearing this happening getting hit occasionally.

Like shroud marathon #6, I restarted the game hoping as I did in #6 to continue.
    However, we made it back quicker, but did not catch up with reality till the 5 by 5 puzzle.
    Part four of this shroud went well all told, but part five was horrible.

On the other hand, 5 bards along with whoever else applied successfully completed a hard shroud that lagged.
    I have seen better balanced raid parties with no lag fail, so kudos to the bards healing.

However, that was not fun.
    And Fawngate's motto is "If you are not having fun, ask yourself why and do something about it."

So, why the serious lag?
    Well, I have a new computer, and have been enjoying much higher graphic settings.
    No, its not one of those ultra gaming computers, but has a fairly good graphics system.
    For the first time ever, the afternoon shadows in house P can be seen.
    {Somebody at this point is thinking, hmmm... I bet I know his problem.}

Yes at times when acid rain is cast, or a druid shifts from wolf form while opening a door, my computer has a second or so of non movement.

Yes at times when a lot of spells are arround, my computer can have a second or two of non movement.

Yes at times, I find myself suddenly facing an odd direction.

Yes, I have in the past, done tons of shroud with my old computer and heard others complain about lag, but not had any myself.

On both systems, I have had the occasion 1 to 3 second freeze up that the whole server feels.

So, being Sunday evening after a long busy weekend, possibly the turbine engines are feeling a little strained. Part of the problem there is that the turbine computer divides its time into little pieces, and gives each piece the same amount of attention. However, when things are really busy, certain pieces get bigger than they ought to be, which means each quest/raid in that piece gets a little less attention than it ought to.

Also, my computer is feeling the strain of rendering all those extra fancy shadows on the portals. Yes the portal in part 1 of the shroud look much fancier on my new computer.

So, when both my computer and turbine's computer are feeling strained, then perhaps I see this odd lag. Lessening the strain on either one could make things managable.

No, I have not adjust my game setting or computer setting in any way since I downloaded DDO.
    Usually I do, and I guess I should do that again, just been enjoying the new bright look...

Edit, also need to strongly consider, I think my dsl connection may need checking for the wiring.
    Yepper, speed testing indicates its a third to a sixth of normal.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-09-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Shroud Marathon 13 of 40 completed.

Went to the graphic setting and clicked Medium graphics.
    Its not as pretty, but seems to have fixed all the lag.
    Did a speed test and computer is running at normal speeds now.

Thank you Ranford, all the Mac and Timmies and everyone else who joined.

Was able to join a normal shroud for xp (lvl 20s and under).
    No longer looting chests.

Ideally the raid bipass timer would not be used this heavily as looting chest is an important part of the raid...
    So ideally using 2 to 6 raid bipass timer per week would be about right.
    Possibly one raid per day with five bipasses?

In which case, you would get a 20th completion every three weeks.
    Obviously, if Fawngate could not do 20 completions on a single weekend most other players would not either...

For those thinking TRing is pay to play (whatever that means), honestly all you really need is a greater tome of learning and access to most of the adventure packs.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Fawngate was pondering this morning about xp and the devs.

She thinks the Devs have on their agenda a review of the challenge xp and possibly of certain/upper level quests xp.
    However, she thinks the Devs are very busy right now, patching up Epic Destinies and working on the major Enhancement update. And then of course there is the possible Swordmage class to start working on for next year?

Why do some quests reward better xp than others?
    Is xp per a minute the best judge of a quest?
    That is a complicated question.

A veteran's xp per minute in a quest is not the best judge of what a quest xp reward should be.

As Fawngate groups more and more with other good players (and it is good to hunt them out when you can), she has found the limits of her playing abilites being tested and refined.

Ideally the more complicated or difficult a quest is, the more xp it offers.

Examples are those quests in reavers refuges: Enter the kobold, Monastery of the Scorpion, and Prey on the Hunter
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Rea..._Refuge_quests
    These quests are difficult to complete yet if you can complete them, they reward you well.
    A typical normal player has a very good chance of failing these quests.

Examples are Shadow Crypt and The Sane Asylum:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Shadow_Crypt
    http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Sane_Asylum
    These quests are very complicated yet if you understand them, they reward you well.
    A typical normal player has very good chance of taking forever to complete these quests.

Examples are Sins of Attrition and Tear of Dhakaan
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Sins_of_Attrition
    http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Tear_of_Dhakaan
    If you party does not die in here and you can really survive and kill quickly, it rewards you well.
    A typical normal party will end counting 6 soul stones on the floor in these quests.

Some quests combine both danger of dying, confusion of getting lost, and complexity such as the Pit:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Pit
    Yet if you master it, the xp rewards you well.
    A typical normal party gets really frustrated in this quest.

;;;;

Totally unrelated but our 6 account guild with 3 players in it is lvl 38 now.
    The rowboat is looking interesting: resist 10 fire, acid, and cold along with the hobgolin and kobold buffs.
    One percent xp shrine, a bank, and the tavern keeper beside the training dummy.
    Its is actually worth visiting now, but many times Fawngate can beg a ship invite off other people.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-10-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Shroud marathon #10 (did yardwork afterwards)

Horrible lag, similiar to shroud marathon #6, in part one of the shroud.
    Literly running around with no connection to the rest of the raid or enemies.
    Hearing this happening getting hit occasionally.

Like shroud marathon #6, I restarted the game hoping as I did in #6 to continue.
    However, we made it back quicker, but did not catch up with reality till the 5 by 5 puzzle.
    Part four of this shroud went well all told, but part five was horrible.

On the other hand, 5 bards along with whoever else applied successfully completed a hard shroud that lagged.
    I have seen better balanced raid parties with no lag fail, so kudos to the bards healing.

However, that was not fun.
    And Fawngate's motto is "If you are not having fun, ask yourself why and do something about it."

So, why the serious lag?
    Well, I have a new computer, and have been enjoying much higher graphic settings.
    No, its not one of those ultra gaming computers, but has a fairly good graphics system.
    For the first time ever, the afternoon shadows in house P can be seen.
    {Somebody at this point is thinking, hmmm... I bet I know his problem.}

Yes at times when acid rain is cast, or a druid shifts from wolf form while opening a door, my computer has a second or so of non movement.

Yes at times when a lot of spells are arround, my computer can have a second or two of non movement.

Yes at times, I find myself suddenly facing an odd direction.

Yes, I have in the past, done tons of shroud with my old computer and heard others complain about lag, but not had any myself.

On both systems, I have had the occasion 1 to 3 second freeze up that the whole server feels.

So, being Sunday evening after a long busy weekend, possibly the turbine engines are feeling a little strained. Part of the problem there is that the turbine computer divides its time into little pieces, and gives each piece the same amount of attention. However, when things are really busy, certain pieces get bigger than they ought to be, which means each quest/raid in that piece gets a little less attention than it ought to.

Also, my computer is feeling the strain of rendering all those extra fancy shadows on the portals. Yes the portal in part 1 of the shroud look much fancier on my new computer.

So, when both my computer and turbine's computer are feeling strained, then perhaps I see this odd lag. Lessening the strain on either one could make things managable.

No, I have not adjust my game setting or computer setting in any way since I downloaded DDO.
    Usually I do, and I guess I should do that again, just been enjoying the new bright look...

Edit, also need to strongly consider, I think my dsl connection may need checking for the wiring.
    Yepper, speed testing indicates its a third to a sixth of normal.
    I was one of the bards in the run (hint: the one with a bow ) it didn't go as well as it should in part 5 because our sorc killed the last lieutenant before the FvS could get all his sp back, worse he himself was half empty when Harry dropped.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Seeing a lot of good players step up and take care of the mistakes a few make.
    Thanks.

Shroud Marathon 15 of 40 completed.
    Woot almost have a second cleanser for Fawngate.

Started doing Epics with Fawngate, and I am happy with them.
    There is such a difference between the old epics and the new system.
    I really did not like the old system, it was way too hard to any fun at all.
    Allowing various difficulties really helps.

Sometimes the game designers accidently or probably on purpose leave hints.
    Such as this link http://ddowiki.com/page/Purple_Drago...t_enhancements has exsisted for ages.
    Goggle and you find many references to Forgotten Realms.
    Hence the developers have had their eye on this setting for ages, they just needed the time and money to be able to do it.

If you log into the game (correct me if I am wrong), and look at the epic destinies you will notice a few things.
    First, there are warnings that epic destinies may require a certain character level to be able to be used.
    However, if you look arround, there don't seem to be any epic destinies that require min levels.

Also, if you look around, the twist of fate upgrades don't allow innates or tier 6, which means there will be a tier 6...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

18 shrouds done hoping to at least get to 20

Yellow droplet someone got in shroud normal difficulty yesterday.

Fatesinger at level four now hoping to max xp in it.

Several friends are about to TR, hmm...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Fawngate has been seeking answers on epic destiny xp.
    A matter of importance of those going into their final lives is to make sure and not do certain quests more than three times total before you hit the xp capped at lvl 23 (currently you can remain at lvl 23 if you desire). One of which would be Von 3, another the House of Rusted Blades, also if possible Von 5, and another is ______? (Sorry I forgot, lol, but its in forgotten realms.)

Fawngate is willing to TR, so that does put a spin on things.
    She also favors fun with variety in her questing.

Recently she has been debating with herself:
    TR immediately vs Get all the XP now for her epic destinies.
    She did receive some excellant advice here, from http://forums.ddo.com/member.php?u=356607 {Stormraiser}
    She asked and received permision to quote it her, as it is helpful for her perspective:
    Re: TR estimated time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks,

"Or TRing possibly after completing all the epic destinies." That is a huge experience commitment. I would actually suggest against that in one life, for a few reasons. Constantly rerunning epic quests will leave you running quests without any bonuses, and also without reasonable destiny to assist your character.

I would suggest doing at most two destinies per TR. That would make sure that your first time bonuses let your breeze through a good portion of the first destiny experience requirement and it will keep your destinies focused to your character. Going into tough quests with either a brand new destiny without benefits, or a destiny which doesn't really provide much for your character is the difference between having a level 12 character decked out in GS and not. If you have to swap for your strongest capped destiny for that EE quest, then you're not going to progress your destiny with the experience your receive. It would also prevent you from grinding out.

Just some food for thought.

Regards,
    -Storm

So instead of all TRing, or all epic destiny xp, she is probably going to take the middle of the road route.

I am not sure, but I believe the very famous http://forums.ddo.com/member.php?u=34823 {MrCow} is also taking this route into consideration:
    ....I intend to go from level 1 to 25 with this character.
    Some quests I would normally repeat several times may not be repeated this time, due to how hefty their gains may be at Epic levels....
    taken from http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=381780

Thanks again Stormraiser!

MrCow know that you are Thalzur's and Fawngate's hero, thanks for all you do.

Those of you playtesting of Lamy Land (or as I refer to it ~ Xoriat Server) thank you. Thalzur and Fawngate tend to let something go live for a month or more before using it.

Those of you on that secret place called the Mournlands, thank you. Fawngate guesses what you are doing atm, and wishes you great luck.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Default Gratz Fawn!

An awesome achievement! You've come very far from the Gatling Gun HRXBow PM Wiz with the entourage of summons you had last I grouped with you.

Mokune is on life 8, Rogue 6th atm.

I capped Shiradi and got 3 levels of Legendary Dreadnought in my last life as Druid and am very happy at the prospect of playing Shadow Dancer ED then swapping to Fatesinger for a bit before TRing to next life.

*Only* Paladin, Bard, Sorc, FVS, Ranger left after this Rogue life. But I'm over the hump

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    An awesome achievement! You've come very far from the Gatling Gun HRXBow PM Wiz with the entourage of summons you had last I grouped with you.
    nice memories of the Gatling Gun

Mokune is on life 8, Rogue 6th atm.

I capped Shiradi and got 3 levels of Legendary Dreadnought in my last life as Druid and am very happy at the prospect of playing Shadow Dancer ED then swapping to Fatesinger for a bit before TRing to next life.

*Only* Paladin, Bard, Sorc, FVS, Ranger left after this Rogue life. But I'm over the hump
    Nods sagely with a hint of cinamon
    Its nice when you can count how many are left instead of saying "an awful lot".
    Those look like fun classes to play (except maybe the bard, lol, but look whose talking ~currently on my second bard life o.0)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm gonna talk about something and nobody take it personally, cause its just something that a character that does a lot of TRing will have to decide for themselves about sooner or later.

I'll link this first (code of conduct): http://www.turbine.com/support/134/

Now sooner or latter someone will offer to give you their account password so you can craft a greensteel or do something else for their toon that they don't understand well enough to do. (Fortionately, greensteel crafting altars and online crafting help is much improved.

Only you can decide; Fawngate always says "NO".

Sooner or later you will be tempted to create a second account, and have a toon follow in your wake getting xp/have openers for you/fill empty guild space/whatever.

Only you can decide; Fawngate is a one account/two toon player.

Sooner or later you will be tempted to give your account password to a TR buddy so they can park/play your toon while you go eat lunch and vise versa. Also you will run into someone else doing this, sooner or later.

Only you can decide; Fawngate never ever gives away passwords.
    Only you can decide; Fawngate usually wears rose colored glasses when grouping with others.

There is a lot of philosophy behind all this, and a lot to consider.
    Is a player standing still near the door doing a lot of good?
    Is a player dual boxing efficent?

There are players who actually can play two toons rather well at the same time.
    It boggles my mind.
    There are players who can increase the potential of a character by a huge amount.

There are moments when only one player needs to be doing something in a quest.
    There are normal difficulites when one less player may not matter so much.
    There are players who join a group and get offended when a toon is piking.

I cannot/will not help you with how you react/choose about this, but it will be encountered in both good and bad ways sooner or later. This is one of the philosophical debates of TRing.

Another philosophical debate of TRing is whether or not a Completions should (at least once) play each class (and possibly each race) fully (or with only minor splashes).

Now that it is said and done, Fawngate is glad she did every class and race fully. There are moments when she understands what the other players are thinking and able to do. This is a big thing.

She does have five +5 hearts sitting in the bank of a mule who holds tomes. She bought these long ago when she first started TRing for completionist, because it gave her courage. She knew she could play a favored soul then lesser heart her way to another class. She never used them (yet), and she would like to thank Thalzur's and the MAC family, and other's advice that a Completionist ought to understand every class.

A group of TR subscribe to the Purist approach (must do 20 levels in every class).
    Some TRs have already played every class to 20 therefore perhaps they don't need this approach.
    Fawngate liked to splash a bit of rogue or fighter at times.

One of the problems with this method is now you don't understand some of the classical multiclasses such as warforged sorcerer/barbarian or monk/pally.

Lol, ah the thought that goes into all this {well we have to think of something while waiting at the quest entrance or waiting for the servers to come back online...}

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

To do list:
    Craft Kukri into triple air (electrical absorption) air guard.
    Shift ingrediants over from Fawnglow.
    Beg a guild ship invite with tier altars or do it during the end of a shroud run.

Decide what to make as a greensteel longbow.
    It appears a lit2 does have some disadvantages in a few quest involving demons.

Craft an item (helmet or gloves) with guards on it possibly enervation guard?

Finish up Silver flame favor by soloing Neco 1 and some of Necro 2, opening up the possiblity of Silver Flame potions.

Craft a tier 2 haste clicky, maybe on that quarterstaff I picked up.

Cleanse a Greensteel item, most likely the bracers of trap the soul with blindness immunity; consider cleansing two if possible.

Decide what to TR into next: Warforged Sorcerer / Hallfing Fighter / Warforged Barbarian/Sorcerer Turka build type / Half Elf Pally / Monk / Arty 1 Fighter 19 Silver Flame Half Elf/ etc...

Finish Fatesinger destiny burning up xp however in the process.

A few more Big Top runs ~ maybe someday she can get that antique greataxe shard.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 09-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast