Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    so you all agree that the Shroud is going to be boring to run once we all get all the gear we need. +3 tomes pfffff. Why does the Shroud offer them at 20 if they can be bought, and how many cleansings do we need to make the Shroud obsolete. Answer is about 5 Cleansings to give us enough gear for our builds. Pure and simple. I can buy +3 tomes and I have about 5 Greansteal gear items, (Items and not weapons), to be comfortable with my build. Why do I need to the shroud anymore.
    Why should you have to run it?
    Most of the stuff from there certainly isn't required except as twink gear anyway and maybe a few weapons. I am flat out finding a spot on my toons for a GS hp item let alone anything else anyway.
    Being forced to run it for a chance at +3 tomes was a nice time filler when there was NO other content. Can't tell you how often I got shafted on 20/40/60/80 runs trying for that +3 tome because that is "earning" it.

Maybe its time to rember that shroud is not really end game content and keep it in perpsective. It provides useful (non weapon stuff) and good weapon stuff that is usable at a low level but there is other stuff out there that is much better in slot (weapons are good at all levels though)
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

+3 tomes in the DDO store was a quick buck for Warner Brothers and in the long run The game should NEVER SELL PLUS 4 or above, My reason is:

I. Right now there are five things going on.
    1. When we get 1750 favor the plus 2 tomes are already obsolete. reaching 1750 favor right now has no purpose.
    2. Plus 3 tomes bought in the ddo have ruined some some content already. Plus 3 tomes are very, very ,very rare but tha game made them as easy As Loth teleports without error and if we continue then plus 4 tomes are as easy as Lloth casts teleport without error.

3. Is this game making us a bunch of Demi-gods. This will ruin the game.

4. Think before you speak.

5. Think.
    Well, why didn't you use your own brain matter then?

I will state again and this is after thinking on it.

I will buy any and all kinds of tomes, even if they went up to +100.

I have no problems at all with any kind of tome in the DDO store.

You don't have to buy them. That is your choice. They are not mandatory. They are not necessary. People that want them will grind for them if they don't want to buy them.

If you don't want to use them, that is your choice.

If Turbine wants to sell them, that is fine by me.

Frankly, I think you are trolling so maybe you should go buy a new bridge.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 05-31-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

so you all agree that the Shroud is going to be boring to run once we all get all the gear we need. +3 tomes pfffff. Why does the Shroud offer them at 20 if they can be bought, and how many cleansings do we need to make the Shroud obsolete. Answer is about 5 Cleansings to give us enough gear for our builds. Pure and simple. I can buy +3 tomes and I have about 5 Greansteal gear items, (Items and not weapons), to be comfortable with my build. Why do I need to the shroud anymore.
    See, this is why you are trolling.

You're just upset because you feel you don't have any reason to run the Shroud.

I ran the Shroud for ingredients and I have plenty of characters to gear and I'd like most of it cleansed.

If you can't find a reason to run a raid, just don't run that raid.

It is not my problem you can't find the fun in the quest itself. I've ran that quest several hundred times across several characters. I like to hit that if I flag on my TR. I still like that raid. It is fun on harder difficulties.

Roll another character. If you've rolled all that you want and can't find a reason to run quests, maybe you should check out a different game because you are bored with this one.

I'm quite happy with the +3 tomes I've bought from the DDO store. I don't have to hope one that I want appears on the 20th reward list and can scoop up my cleansing stones instead. If I get all the cleansing stones I need, I'm going to miss out on 1 20th reward list. Oooooooooooo, I'm going to write a QQ thread.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

For me the issue is not

price (whatever)
    power (+2 stat over +2 tomes=not much in reality)
    pay to win (so my TEAMMATE is more powerful? HOW is that a problem?)

etc.

But rather...there are many people that run EVON6/EDQ2/TOD ONLY to get their +4 tomes...and they will stop running that content when they get that tome.

It might be pay to win, but having experienced players raiding less is not a win for anyone, really.

But more money for turbine MIGHT fix this game up a bit, which IS good for everyone. I guess I am a bit torn on the matter (6months ago I was very very much against +3 tomes).

Disgusted players tend to buy less from the ddo store though, and selling +4 tomes is probably exactly what would do that more than anything short of SOS shards, torcs and RoSS shards.

At first I was going to answer... Then I read all of the OP posts and got to think he's just trolling. So, don't feed the troll.

Roberin (TR1 H-Elf Mnk8/Ftr12) - Lawnmoweird (TR4 Hum Mnk 20*) - Brokarg (TR1 Human 16brd/2ftr/2rog) - Lawnmowerman (TR1 H-Elf Mnk2/Ftr18*) Aibhilin (TR1 Human Wiz PM20) Lawnmowiper (WF Art 20) - Selanin (Drow 2mnk/12pal/6ftr) Elissea (H-Elf Rog 20*) * In progress

Post I was thinking of the future of this game in the long run and want it to succeed.

These are my words of my heart.
    I speak from my heart.

If I was out of line then I want to restart.

If I was trolling then I want to say one simple thing about those out there that can identify a troll and know it.

Yes I was trolling, I am sorry. *

My responses may seem harsh, but I mean the best intention for this game, for I Love this game.

* I trolled in this thread and for you to call me a troll is trolling itself and is a cop-out. And for those that join the band wagon and say that I am trolling means that whatever I say in response to this thread means I am trolling even though I just want to get a long.

Stop this madness and listen to the words and get rid of the word, "Troll", for those of us that are simply passionate about what they think is rightous.

I think I am rightous about this thread and I am the, "op".

I am proud that I am the, "op".

--------------------------Stands tall------------------------------

Pure eyes.
    Last edited by Zorth; 05-31-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: I think that op means original poster?
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Pffft- Put EVERYTHING in the DDO store. Im not gonna buy it. I just dont want to spend $$ on something I can get free. (except the stuff that never seems to drop no matter how many times I run the stupid raid!) Uber stuff does NOT improve game play. Uber stuff running rampant does NOT break the game.

You CANNOT pay to win cuz there is no winning. You doom and gloomers really amaze me thinking it would break the game.

Default Topical Bump!

Bump my own thread and necro it, since this is topical, I know I am going to be punched in the face for this, but I think it is warranted.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Ensue an easy button and the game fails. It is not too late to listen to ME!
    *looks at post... looks at OP location* yeap.

I know I am going to be punched in the face for this, but I think it is warranted.
    Are you saying that a punch in your face is warranted? I wouldn't go that far, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Who cares what they sell in the store You don't have to buy it and until they require you to buy things then it doesn't matter there is only one guestion to ask yourself about ddo and that is am I still having fun? If you are keep playing if you aren't either change how you play, take a break or go play something you find fun.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Bump my own thread and necro it, since this is topical, I know I am going to be punched in the face for this, but I think it is warranted.
    I'd say your still playing, and the games still going so....

/Thread-fail.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Community Member

With such a poorly expressed opinion in the OP (I mean, really, terrible), I call this only a 1/10 attention getter. The opinion was expressed terribly, but there was not nearly enough vitriol, ranting, or miscellaneous CAPITAL LETTER use.

I did not buy one from the store and December 6th has gone.

The question is, was it really for a limited time? Or will we see this in the store again. Was it a ruse?

Never let plus 4 tomes be sold on (in) the ddo store unless you plan on introducing plus 5 tomes in the game. Selling them ruins the game
    My previous post about the shroud.

even if plus 5 tomes are introduced into the game please for God sake do not sell plus 4, nor plus 5 tomes, into the store. Ensue an easy button and the game fails. It is not too late to listen to ME!
    And to think just months after your creeping fears, +5 tomes became the rare and +4's were sold in stores!! Dun DUN DUNNNN!!!
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

not signed

put everything in the store, sell even human souls if needed lol, so ppl get their p2w button

you don't like the easy button? don't press it, easy

while ppl buys stuff in the store, we're ok

im not gonna waste money here in a long time, so add things to take others' money

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123