Lightbulb Combining Guild wand charges and Guild wand vendors should buy back.

Guild wands and regular vendor wands that have less than 50 charges should stack onto wands that also have less than 50 charges, just like potions do with stacks of less than 100. ie: a potion of 60 stacks with a potion of 30 to create 90. So should wands stack. ie: a wand of 30 charges should stack with a wand of 10 charges to create one of of 40 charges.

Right now the game does not let this happen. At least Regular non-guild wands can be bought back but guild wands of less than 10 charges are a NUISANCE and the vendor does not buy these back. I suggest that guild wands stack or the guild vendor buys them back.

The reason I suggest this is because inventory space is still too low and My Idea lets us have that one extra spot.

as it stands right now I have to delete my guild wands that are less than 10 charges because I would rather have one with 50 charges. Why? because they are not cominable and the guild wand vendor does not buy them back like regular wand vendors.

Which also brings up another point: If Guild wand vendors do not buy back low charged wands and regular vendors do then do guild wand vendors actually save us money?

Just my thoughts.

Please let us combine and or sell guild vendor wands.
    Last edited by Zorth; 05-25-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Nuisance guild vendor wands that cannot be bought back
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

no responses yet so far! after 28 reads, this is rare.

Am I wrong? Is there something I am missing?

If I am put me in my place please.

What I fail to see is why not use the last 10 charges

Quote Originally Posted by Kadriel View Post
    Ummm that.

For wands, I just use up all the charges and then go onto the next wand.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    Guild wands and regular vendor wands that have less than 50 charges should stack onto wands that also have less than 50 charges, just like potions do with stacks of less than 100. ie: a potion of 60 stacks with a potion of 30 to create 90. So should wands stack. ie: a wand of 30 charges should stack with a wand of 10 charges to create one of of 40 charges.
    That doesn't make sense for a wand. It's like taking two worn shoes and combining them to make a new shoe. As the others said, if there aren't enough charges to justify the inventory space, dump it.

Community Member

dunno if it works with other wands, but i know with healing wands, if you have multiple of the same kind (cure light wounds, etc etc) as soon as you burn through the charges of one, it auto equips the next wand just like it.

I think the OP's point of consolidation is to save us some inventory space. Sometimes you end up with multiple wands in your backpack that have less than 10-15 charges and if you are not rich it might be enough of a waste to discard them that you will keep carrying these around into several quests before they are used up. The OP offers a method in which you can consolidate wand charges into one wand of the same type/level and thus free up space in your backpack.

The analogy I would use here wouldn't be combining two old shoes into making 1 new shoe, as much as taking multiple pistols with a few bullets in each one, and combining all the bullets into one pistol that you keep in your backpack, while discarding all the remaining (and redundant) empty pistols. If you think this might be overpowered, you could always make it cost 10% of all consolidated charged during the process, or have a risk of permanently damaging the wand during the process etc, although I don't think it would do much more other than give players a measure of convenience and put some smiles on some faces.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

Community Member

It basically comes down to space management. Have 2 bank toons, I understand that, but at the same time, when I roll a new character, I rarely have space issues unless I'm grinding a lot of quests with guildies and forget to sell stuff every few quests. Combining wands to make one with more charges just doesn't sound right, or fitting with how wands work in the DnD universe

Quote Originally Posted by Kadriel View Post
    yes you are corrcect.

I was only thinking that the game could combine wands as a convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by hiryuu42 View Post
    That doesn't make sense for a wand. It's like taking two worn shoes and combining them to make a new shoe. As the others said, if there aren't enough charges to justify the inventory space, dump it.
    You are also correct.

I just see it as a simple thing to make two wands combine charges to make one wand with the same charges.

Works for me...with all the stupid stones of change on the guild ships...

Let us put two wands in same type - and get them combined...throw some dragonshards in with it for good measure to make it cost something...

Only problem is, this convenience is number 8742(b) on the FIX/CHANGE it now please, list. So good luck with that.

Also, a team of power gamers will figure out how to make unbound wands with this and make millions of plat, then turbine will say ooops and ban them for 1 week...maybe... then we will have crazy inflation again...

Moral of the story is - careful what you ask for - they just might do it - and then it will be worse!

(I love game and play a lot, so don't make this a bash turbine thread, just having a little fun...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah179 View Post
    Works for me...with all the stupid stones of change on the guild ships...

Let us put two wands in same type - and get them combined...throw some dragonshards in with it for good measure to make it cost something...

Only problem is, this convenience is number 8742(b) on the FIX/CHANGE it now please, list. So good luck with that.

Also, a team of power gamers will figure out how to make unbound wands with this and make millions of plat, then turbine will say ooops and ban them for 1 week...maybe... then we will have crazy inflation again...

Moral of the story is - careful what you ask for - they just might do it - and then it will be worse!

(I love game and play a lot, so don't make this a bash turbine thread, just having a little fun...)
    plausible and fair-spoken.

Well whatever happened to those spell bracers things we were supposed to get? maybe, if they actually fixed it properly, you could just merge them into a bracer or something...