Default Is the grass greener in...

Thelanis? Diablo 3 has just decimated my guild and many have already said they were not coming back. And last night with Thursday actually being a busy raiding night for us, I was the only one logged on...sitting on the bank steps..etching on the ground "I hate Diablo" with a stick.

And to be honest I would like to take this opportunity to maybe move to another world. I've been on the same one for over 2 years and have never ventured out and the idea of starting again from scratch and meeting some new folk seems really exciting. Nothing wrong with a little game rejuvenation.

So with the many nice things I have heard about Thelanis, I'm thinking about buying a ticket. So if there are any guilds recruiting lemme know if your interested in a player with a few years experience. Thanks in advance, hope to see ya there!
    Someone asked, “How is the sword of wisdom before it is whetted?” Shuiyan said, “Can’t be used.” The questioner continued, ” How is it after it is whetted?” Shuiyan said, ” Can’t be touched.”
    — Zen Mondo

No, come to Ghallanda. We have awesome people like Jawny and Soturi.

Also everyone is pretty laid back for the most part - very little drama so arguments are typically the least of your worries.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Wat!?! Tai you are more than welcome join us, no need to leave your home. But if you do decide to leave anyone would be lucky to have you. It's been a pleasure.

Can I have your stuff?

J/K, don't have the space for it anyways.
    God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
    Voltaire

I dunno, we Thelanians are a strange breed. We might scare you into playing D3.
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

I doubt you have that much scare in you.

I put more time the first year of D2 than I have in two years of DDO and I can tell you with first hand experience...I'm not missing much. Tried it, didn't go well for me. Sadly. Not a fan of dumbing down products for the masses. Financially I'm sure its great for them, for seasoned players looking for a challenge of old...not so much.

Here to stay.
    Someone asked, “How is the sword of wisdom before it is whetted?” Shuiyan said, “Can’t be used.” The questioner continued, ” How is it after it is whetted?” Shuiyan said, ” Can’t be touched.”
    — Zen Mondo

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Khyber is the only place to go; come for the grass, stay for the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

I started on the Euro servers, Moved to Cannith when they shut.

I now play on Thelanis. I really like it here but I think you should travel a bit. Try rolling a char on a couple of servers. A couple of weeks investment before settling down fully won't hurt.

You won't be able to tell everything, even if you did run a character to cap, but you will get a feel for the general atmosphere
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Khyber is the only place to go; come for the grass, stay for the drama.
    Nice. You may want to get that trademarked.
    — Zen Mondo

Community Member

A little off topic, but I laughed out loud after reading that first paragraph. Sitting on steps of the bank, drawing "I hate diablo" with a stick... Haha! Hope you enjoy Thelanis! The community seems super cool here.

Although I have never played anywhere else and have no basis for comparison, I think Thelanis is a great server. It's very friendly 99% of the time, active at all times of the day thanks to a broad geographical spread and has a healthy mix of newbies and veterans. I could name a dozen guilds that are 80+, and most of those are very friendly and without checking the boards again I believe a couple of them are recruiting.

Oh, and I'm still getting over the part where your friends left DDO to play Diablo 3.

Talking

We're all completely normal people here, totally sane and happy people. We tend to worship rodent based deities, but I digress.

That's us, normal.