Default Kobold Assault = Low Level Weapons Shipment

Kobold Assault never gets run...because its bad XP...and its a PITA to get a group for.

BUT

If there was a low level version of the "Mysterious Bauble"...maybe people would run it more often.

Like something that's like 30-100 SP once a rest?
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Community Member

Interesting idea - I actually like the OMG-THEY-ARE-ALL-COMING-RIGHT-FOR-US quests but the XP isn't that great for Kobold Assault. Still can be fun in a group though.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I hate that quest not for low XP.
    You see, I HATE kobolds.
    I love killing them.
    But after 100 they just slow down spawn rate to such low, that its more pike/afk fest than a slaugther.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I hate that quest not for low XP.
    You see, I HATE kobolds.
    I love killing them.
    But after 100 they just slow down spawn rate to such low, that its more pike/afk fest than a slaugther.
    I think all 200 should just charge the gate at one time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Default Whaddyamean the XP is bad?

Maybe from an XP/min POV (LOLthing at this)

I think I got between 3500 and 4000ish xp with Bravery Bonus at level 4, solo Elite with 3rd life monk.

Under the right circumstances it can be quite fun

Getting your lolth kicked by Kobold Shamans well....Phiarlan Mirror Cloak + Invulnerability Item + Remove Curse Pots + CSW pots FTW

Kobold Assault gets run all the time - It's the big newbie quest that you constantly see people asking for groups for in the harbour general chat {people who don't know about the LFM yet}.

Kobold Assault's XP isn't bad anyway - Not if you're not worried about XP/Minute.

For those of you who do worry about xp/minute - You're only running it for favour aren't you?

I wouldn't mind Kobbie Assault getting a named item or two BUT only if it was a named item that was:

A - Useful

B - Guaranteed to be in End reward on a 3rd run.

When I say useful btw I'm talking about something Like Voice, Carnifex, Antique Greataxe, Utility Vest, Visor of the Flesh Render Guards, Ring of Feathers, Blade of Inquisition etc.

As it's Kobold Assault possibilities incl:

1. +2 Keen Scimitar/Falchion of Greater Reptilian Bane. {Min Lvl 4}

2. Ring of Improved False Life {Min Lvl 4}.

3. Belt of Moderate Fort {Min lvl 4}.

4. Haste Trinket - 5 Charges {Min Lvl 4}.

Other Harbour items need upgrades of course too:

1. Ring of Rage - 5 Charges.

2. All Kobold's Ringleader named loot.

3. All Irestone named loot.

4. Waterworks end rewards {Not the rune-arm}.

5. Kobold Trinkets and Necklaces.

I would love to see this quest improved.

First time I ran it I tried to solo and died early. It was probably my second or third time having to group. The thought of a swarm of kobolds 200 strong besieging the gates and fighting them back was awesome, my first step to becoming a hero... valant, outnumbered, fighting on my knees, corpses strewn about me....

But it didn't really end up like that and now is very boring. Even on a new character no twink no ship etc.

I would like to see the swarm being alot faster and constant. I don't think the mobs need that much buffing, maybe a bit though. Better xp and loot would be great.

Also, maybe increase the numbers add to the faster flow. 200 norm, 400 elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I think all 200 should just charge the gate at one time!
    Only on elite/epic.
    Hard should be 4 waves:
    20/40/60/80 kobolds

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Kobold Assault gets run all the time - It's the big newbie quest that you constantly see people asking for groups for in the harbour general chat {people who don't know about the LFM yet}.

Kobold Assault's XP isn't bad anyway - Not if you're not worried about XP/Minute.

For those of you who do worry about xp/minute - You're only running it for favour aren't you?

I wouldn't mind Kobbie Assault getting a named item or two BUT only if it was a named item that was:

A - Useful

B - Guaranteed to be in End reward on a 3rd run.

When I say useful btw I'm talking about something Like Voice, Carnifex, Antique Greataxe, Utility Vest, Visor of the Flesh Render Guards, Ring of Feathers, Blade of Inquisition etc.

As it's Kobold Assault possibilities incl:

4. Haste Trinket - 5 Charges {Min Lvl 4}.

Other Harbour items need upgrades of course too:

1. Ring of Rage - 5 Charges.
    I vote for the Haste Trinket and the ring of rage, more haste and rage is definitly what we need!
    Where is my GREATBOW???

Talking

[QUOTE=Bacab;4479808]Kobold Assault never gets runQUOTE]

I like running Kobold Assault. I dont much care about loot or xp. I just really really enjoy killing Kobolds
    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I think the problem is that, as an inexperienced trapper, you used far to much C4 to disable the trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izumar View Post
    There's that moment when you learn not to stand next to the guy doing the trap. For your group mate it was this moment.

I love this quest and have been running since I've been here (Before it even had a chest at the end)

Some of my most favorite quotes have come from this quests

Like:

{Level 3 Sorcerer}: "I can Solo this quest, just stand back" - 60 Seconds later and a 167 Kobolds to go... "DV's anyone got DV's"

I actually feel this quest is fine just how it is. A long steady stream of killing Kobolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I actually feel this quest is fine just how it is. A long steady stream of killing Kobolds.
    The kobolds need to spawn like WS. All dead? Good, take 30 more without pause. Do you want to breath? Keep one kobold alive. We will spawn 25 more in 30 seconds.

At least on Elite, this quest need more numbers. The first and second wave is very generous in kobold killing, but after the first 80 or so, they spawn like, 5 kobolds per wave, ne wave every 15 seconds. It's too long doing nothing.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.