Thread: Wiimoting DDO

Community Member

Default Wiimoting DDO

So a while back, I started fiddling with glovepie and wiimotes, using them mostly on minecraft and other applications. I purchased a bluetooth adapter and an IR bar for my PC and voila, I have a working IR interface that I can use with most programs.

Sadly, it's much to confusing to use with complex programs such as DDO, so I was wondering, has anyone done it-- whether or not successfully. Honestly I'm not even sure how to get the mouse to work (with IR) with the program, and when I've tried it before, it creates problems when you need to use the mouse outside of the environment you intended to use it in.

Therefore, it's safe to say that from this point on, I won't be talking about any infra-red... its too complicated. If someone knows a solution, that would be great though.

I'll at least state what I have been able to accomplish.

I can move around well. The dpad (wasd) is used on the nunchuck, A, B and C control the mouse buttons and mouse movement. Toggling mouse look is helpful, and in order to get the cursor activated, I press the c button. Movement is either done by moving the dpad on the nunchuck, or in combination with the dpad and pressing B, which allows me to move with the dpad front and back, strife left and right, and turn by rolling the wiimote (with motion plus). I put the mouse look sensitivity to about .25-.35. Putting the mouse look smoothing seems to help, but I'm not entirely sure since I haven't run any quests.

What I haven't figured out is how to get the number keys to work for clickies. I have more time to spend testing it out, but at the moment I'm out of options. Other problem is I'm running out of buttons. The wiimote Dpad has 4 buttons (left, right, up, down) that I haven't used and there are four more ... rather hard to reach buttons. All other buttons are either used for the mouse or to jump and block.

I can hold C and B and move the mouse with the wiimote, and press A to click, so even from far away, I can interact with NPCs, though not as gracefully compared to using a mouse.

Curious what you all think. This is a work in progress for me, and moreover, when all else fails, all I have to do is put down the wiimote and use the keyboard & mouse.

Stormreach Mentor
    San Antonio, TX

Try XPadder. It would allow you to map buttons on the Wiimote to numbers on the keyboard so you could activate clickies/pots/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)