Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Time for another one

Yeah yeah, I ended up still playing DDO even if I asked for game suggestions in another thread...guess I just can't leave...

Now that this is out of the way, I'm getting close to level 20, again, almost time for another TR. Will be my 15th life (or 16th...can never remember), and also the last to get completionist and it will be....Bard! Though I guess Druid will come out before I'm done with Bard...but anyway.

Never played one before, and I'm a lazy character builder so I would love to get suggestions, ideas to help me decide what to do with it. Complete builds are welcome too, might get one that is exactly what I need.

A few things to consider :
    - Chances are I'm gonna be alone again from 1 to 20, so it has to be solid enough to solo almost any elite quest.
    - Has to be Warforged, I will not consider any other race.
    - I have a +3 tome on every stat, for feats requirement and stuff.
    - I will TR again when I hit 20, so I'm not keeping this for end-game content.
    - I usually never level higher than 18 before hitting cap, so don't optimize for level 20.
    - I do not mind multiclassing, as long as I have enough levels for the past life it's fine. I do however enjoy getting to play the class I TR into so I usually put most of the levels in that class. I don't really enjoy all the "take 8-9 monk and play it like a monk" stuff.
    - Don't tell me to go sorc and use +5 hearts when I'm done to get bard levels.
    - Trap skills are a bonus, not 100% necessary but I do like the exp.
    - Same goes for evasion.
    - TWF if possible...considering I have Lit II Khopeshes already made, but if THF would be better, I'll deal with it
    and try to loot a Shard of Great Power before TRing again to make a THF weapon.
    - I love AC, but probably not all that necessary with displacement and CC stuff Bards get. Dunno how high I could get it on a Bard anyway, probably nothing that would be very useful past level 10ish but if anyone wants to surprise me, go ahead

As for the gear, I own a few raid items, but not a whole lot. I've looted a few raid items since I came back, but I have not focused on it and I will NOT spend time farming for some before TRing. However, I have 100 crafting in every school which means I can make pretty much anything that could be useful for the build. I can post what raid gear/greensteel I own if it helps with building though.

That's about all I can think of right now, will edit if I think of something else.

I appreciate all the help I can get!
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Arrow Bard Life

I TR'd Suntzzu with Towrn and his Bard/Engineer Build.

Impressive build IMO and if you go WF moreso.

You can go 14/6

Although I would probably go 13 / 6 / 1 Fighter.

For playability start L1 as Bard, L2-7 as Arti, L8 Fighter, then all your Bardage.

By Level 13 you are a Warchanting Battle Engineer or as you prefer.

Hope this helps.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Community Member

Personally dont play bards myself, on that note here goes. A buddy of mine has a warchanter that should work well as WF, 16 bard, 2 barb, 2 rogue. He hits pretty hard considering the songs and all. He does traps well, but he says his evasion is lacking slightly, doesn't complain much cuz some evasion is still evasion. Would have to get the exact build from him, but Considering how familiar most people are with the feats and enhancement tree as is, I doubt it would be to difficult to duplicate. I know that you saying you had +3 dex tomes you can get your greater two weapon fighter at level 11 by only putting 14 points into dex, spectrals even the stat out at level 13. From my fighters past lives I know that you dont need high int to get end game traps considering re****l had a 8 with a 75dc.

I'm sure people will throw down specific builds for you, but thought I would throw my 2c's in considering my bored~as~hell factor.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    I TR'd Suntzzu with Towrn and his Bard/Engineer Build.

Impressive build IMO and if you go WF moreso.

You can go 14/6

Although I would probably go 13 / 6 / 1 Fighter.

For playability start L1 as Bard, L2-7 as Arti, L8 Fighter, then all your Bardage.

By Level 13 you are a Warchanting Battle Engineer or as you prefer.

Hope this helps.
    Hmm this could be quite interesting I'll have to give it more thought tonight. Int based with Insightful Strikes/Damage? Would love to see the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post
    Personally dont play bards myself, on that note here goes. A buddy of mine has a warchanter that should work well as WF, 16 bard, 2 barb, 2 rogue. He hits pretty hard considering the songs and all. He does traps well, but he says his evasion is lacking slightly, doesn't complain much cuz some evasion is still evasion. Would have to get the exact build from him, but Considering how familiar most people are with the feats and enhancement tree as is, I doubt it would be to difficult to duplicate. I know that you saying you had +3 dex tomes you can get your greater two weapon fighter at level 11 by only putting 14 points into dex, spectrals even the stat out at level 13. From my fighters past lives I know that you dont need high int to get end game traps considering re****l had a 8 with a 75dc.

I'm sure people will throw down specific builds for you, but thought I would throw my 2c's in considering my bored~as~hell factor.
    I like the evasion mostly for saves against spells, which require a much lower amount than traps. Never really put my face in traps unless I have a 30+ reflex save. I just avoid them if I have evasion with a low reflex.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    I like the evasion mostly for saves against spells, which require a much lower amount than traps. Never really put my face in traps unless I have a 30+ reflex save. I just avoid them if I have evasion with a low reflex.
    Agreed.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

reroll

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmexz View Post
    reroll
    Agreed... wait what?!

A guildie of mine uses a 14 Bard/4 Rogue/2 Fighter mix that's pretty rockin'.

He has like, eighteen other bards (or so) as well. He's pretty much our go-to for bardvice.

Shoot me a pm if you're interested in speaking with him.

I've got a 16/2/2 barb/fighter/barb WF that is fun. He is a warchanter that uses THF. It's been about 2 years since I leveled this guy, so I can't really remember how it was.

I also have a 17/2/1 bard/rogue/fighterthat was pretty easy to level up. She's a Spellsinger helf and does TWF. While leveling her, she was CHA based, with the expectation of using dual Epic Elyd Edges at cap. All that CHA didn't do much for me since my CC kinda stunk even with 36 buffed CHA. Re-spec'd her to STR based and I'm much happier.

Being able to get traps is a great boon. And if you've got +3 books in all your stats, going TWF is pretty painless and if you've got those Lit 2's you might as well do that. I did the fighter level for an extra feat and martial proficiency. As a helf I went with the Pally Dilly, and her reflex is almost 40. With the caveat that you'll be a WF, I guess a dilly feat is off the table, but I still like the synergy. Since you'll bank from 18-20, just leave off the last 2 bard levels and it should work just fine.

EDIT: Split is 17 bard/ 2 rogue/ 1 fighter.. for evasion
    Last edited by Malshier; 05-23-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Edited... had my class split wrong.

So far the build that got my interest the most would be a 16/2/2 Bard/Fighter/Rogue that someone suggested in the other thread I posted in the build section. Feels like a good mix of pretty much everything I want.

I'm 600-700k from cap though so still have quite a few days before I'm ready to TR again, still open to other ideas!

16 bard, 2 fighter 2 rogue.

str/int, rest in con.

insightful reflexes.

THF - the least amount of to-hit issues.

Can disable traps, has evasion, and lots of skill points to keep up those trap skills with, while also having perform, UMD, haggle, etc.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Warchanter's the obvious play, but I think you should do something crazy and go Virtuoso. I don't think I've ever seen a WF virtuoso.

I somewhat liked my Warchanter (16/2/2 Bard/Fighter/Rogue). Enough evasion for spells (traps were iffy), reasonably good solo ability, reasonable damage. Wasn't WF, but could easily be made so.

Started as TWF, but felt the tough to-hit issues on higher difficulties even with the Warchanter boosts (and Focusing Chant) and the tight feats were too much, so switched over to THF.

Guildee likes his 16/2/2 Bard/Fighter/Barb Warchanter (Warforged). Better personal damage, still viable Fascinate, but no evasion or trap experience bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    THF - the least amount of to-hit issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    Started as TWF, but felt the tough to-hit issues on higher difficulties even with the Warchanter boosts (and Focusing Chant) and the tight feats were too much, so switched over to THF.
    I have to admit I'm somewhat concerned about the to-hit issues but I'm a bit lost at what would be the best THF greensteel to make :/

Falchion? Greataxe? Greatsword?

That and I'm most likely just going to use the weapon for one life since after completionist I'm going back to wizard

Community Member

I have to admit I'm somewhat concerned about the to-hit issues but I'm a bit lost at what would be the best THF greensteel to make :/

That and I'm most likely just going to use the weapon for one life since after completionist I'm going back to wizard
    Since you already have the items made why not try TWF. I think with some concessions in gear (and feats) you could maintain a decent to hit bonus as a warchanter TWF. Battle skill goggles, sora kell set later fabricator's set, OTWF. With 2 fighter levels you should have enough feats to afford OTWF. Warchanter song is +9 I think with full enhancement points. Divine power Clickies could help but hopefully would not be needed.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by morticianjohn View Post
    Since you already have the items made why not try TWF. I think with some concessions in gear (and feats) you could maintain a decent to hit bonus as a warchanter TWF. Battle skill goggles, sora kell set later fabricator's set, OTWF. With 2 fighter levels you should have enough feats to afford OTWF. Warchanter song is +9 I think with full enhancement points. Divine power Clickies could help but hopefully would not be needed.
    Regardless of what you go later game your going to want some THW for 1-12, I'll look around and see if i have another Large Guild Augment Greatsword or Greataxe laying around, beautiful level 1 tools to have +4 to hit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post
    Regardless of what you go later game your going to want some THW for 1-12, I'll look around and see if i have another Large Guild Augment Greatsword or Greataxe laying around, beautiful level 1 tools to have +4 to hit on.
    Except I only have access to small augments because my guild sucks.

Well, change of plan. Going to do a Wizard life, need a break from the hard to solo classes. Keeping those builds in mind for later use though, thanks.

For a Two handed weapon a Falchion is always your best bet for damage - Greataxe is not TOO far behind, and you can use them for aesthetic value. Greatswords are far behind (except the SoS and WF FvSs)

I know you won't be doing it until later, but figured you should know now! Good luck, man.

-Ren
    Morlain - Kairoes - Rhamiel - Zweyhander - Kyrost - Vaedaes - Claidheamh

Quote Originally Posted by RenigadeWolf View Post
    For a Two handed weapon a Falchion is always your best bet for damage - Greataxe is not TOO far behind, and you can use them for aesthetic value. Greatswords are far behind (except the SoS and WF FvSs)

I know you won't be doing it until later, but figured you should know now! Good luck, man.

-Ren
    Eh I had a moment of lazyness, decided to do Bard anyway...can't give up at just one life left I guess. Made a GS Falchion, I don't have enough mats for a L2 but I'm gonna make a triple earth one, should be useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast