Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Zen archery works totally fine (just a display error in inventory).
    Brutal throw is useless.
    How is Brutal Throw useless?

I can see that it's not great because it's a thrown weapon and thrown weapons in general are pretty terrible, but if you have to hit something that you can't reach in melee, then a bow or a thrown weapon is all you've got. Might as well have an acceptable To Hit if you're going to be attacking it. Especially if your rate of fire is as terrible as thrown weapons have.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    How is Brutal Throw useless?

I can see that it's not great because it's a thrown weapon and thrown weapons in general are pretty terrible, but if you have to hit something that you can't reach in melee, then a bow or a thrown weapon is all you've got. Might as well have an acceptable To Hit if you're going to be attacking it. Especially if your rate of fire is as terrible as thrown weapons have.
    It's useless because it costs a feat for something very very niche. I read most builds and no one takes it, I've never heard of anyone taking it in game. Perhaps a fighter can fit it in but fighters have excellent AB scores so don't need it.

Useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Zen archery works totally fine (just a display error in inventory).
    Brutal throw is useless.
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Brutal_Throw

How is that useless exactly?

I know Throwing weapons aren't exactly great - I know most str specced melees would pick up a bow anyway.

BUT for the roleplayers amongst us it would help - Vikings and Barbarians are constantly shown in Books and Films throwing Hammers and Axes {Yeah Warhammers and Battleaxes!}.
    Allow Certain Weapons to be thrown using same key as Runearm charging and get rid of throwing weapons please.

It's useless because it costs a feat for something very very niche. I read most builds and no one takes it, I've never heard of anyone taking it in game. Perhaps a fighter can fit it in but fighters have excellent AB scores so don't need it.

Useless.
    By that definition 3/4 of the feats in game are totally useless.

Forum builds concentrate on End Game Uber Builds and tend to use the same 7-10 feats no matter what the class split {Caster feats of course being different to melee}.

I read that STR should always be higher than DEX on a ranged build - What about all those Manyshot/Ten Thousand Stars builds? If their STR is higher than their Dex why aren't they fitting in Brutal Throw?

When talking about useless feats it's the ones that are truly useless {not just can't be fit in} to any build that should be mentioned:
    Stuff like Snake Blood - This may be getting a boost soon.

Yes Brutal Throw does need a boost BUT that boost should come in allowing Warhammers/Battleaxes and the like to be thrown and getting rid of Throwing weapons other than Shurikens.
    Throwing Knives should be put into the game too - Proper Throwing Knives are very different from Daggers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12