Thread: Various things

Community Member

Default Various things

I'm sure someone talked about that, but it's difficult to find in the other threads.
    Anyway, I'll write what I think.

Suggestion: possibility to add graphic icons on mob (in groups, raid). If I'm in a dungeon with 8 other guys, we'll should attack one monster at time, and in a real situation the thing could be simply; sometimes with the visual camera of DDO this can be difficult.

Suggestion: improve the DR by items and feat. DR of barbarian is nothing at high lvls, so there could be a system to adapt.

Suggestion: another thing I'd like, is to have a preferred gear slot (as weapon one, but only with armor and accessory to help changing outfit all-in-one-click) and to fix some inv slot for specified items. Yes, I want my bow will put in the same slot it were when I changed my blade with it. Or, another system, is to declare where things must be putted: I want all the items I find will be putted in my second inv space, the collectables in the third or the bag and so on. A good hand keeping the inv in order.

Idea: all objects should have an "alignment" and a power of that. So you wanna use a not cleansed GS? No, you cant use with that pure good item. You wanna use a chaos sword with a law helm? you cant. This should go along with player alignment when adding the evil, because right now they are useless, or better, they are all true neutral if you dont need for race or class. Maybe adding more or less xp for quests, special rew, and so on based on alignment should be a good thing.

Idea: I know this should be impossible to develop, but I try to explain. It is boring that many users have a similar build and equip, only because "the kopesh it's the best dps with X and X and so on", or "rogue, do not use light armor use this robe it's better". It'll be a nice thing develop a system to give bonus and malus to every weapon and armor, for ex: you use light armor? Well, good vs slashing but bad against bludg. Full plate? Good vs piercing, but less movement, more damage from spells, and so on.

Idea: Another difficult one. We all know HP is, like in the paper one, very important. But cant be the only important, along with fortification. Do you have not the high amount of hp? No, you cant join our group. Nice thing, for a new player that havent minos, sup. false life and though feat. No, hp are important, but like before, sure is a system that could be improved.

There is no doubt you are doing a very good work with DDO, it's very good developed. The suggestions and ideas here aren't a reclaim, but only a system to help DDO become even better. Surely they must be studied, because as they are cant be useful I think; guess your work is to keep the good one and trash the others.

Thanks for reading,
    a new online player.
    Last edited by Kjhasd; 05-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Thumbs up

I agree with the Barbarian dr being useless at high levels and the armor piercing protection idea.

But I would change the Heavy armor slow movement dependant on Strength. For example a 36 Str Figher would not be hindered by the weight of the armor.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Graphic icons on mobs - No thanks - Screen is cluttered enough as is.

Improve DR - Definitely - Even if it's just allowing it to stack.

Aligned items - We already have some items with alignment quirks - I'd like it if the devs took your suggestion and gave us some SPECIAL items that forced a change in our gear {more than just slot consolidation}.
    A definite No to all items having this though.

Special Abilities for different types of armours/weapons - This has been mooted on these forums many times and is something I think quite a few of us would love to see.
    My suggestions would be:

All Piercing Weapons - +2 to hit / +5 dmg to Armoured opponents.

All Slashing Weapons - Slicing

All Bludgeoning Weapons - Unbalancing {The enemy not the wielder}.

Chain Mail - +2 AC vs Slashing Weapons

Plate Mail - +2 AC vs Bludgeoning Weapons

Leather Armours - Mobility {feat}.

HP - I'm with you here - As an AD&D 2nd Ed player myself I'd love to see AC make a come back - At the moment Dexterity is the weakest of the 6 stats in my opinion overall - Mainly because AC is so skewed.
    It would be nice if a high enough AC could dismiss the requirement for MOAR HP in this game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorth View Post
    But I would change the Heavy armor slow movement dependant on Strength. For example a 36 Str Figher would not be hindered by the weight of the armor.
    Right, good idea because it's like in real; you are strong, you can wear heavy armors without movement penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Graphic icons on mobs - No thanks - Screen is cluttered enough as is.
    Well, you can shut down the icons above heads (hp, names....), but I think that it's good, in a raid for example, to know we must attack this demon instead the others 10. But hey, if it could be implemented like a visible option, if someone dont like the system can disable it.

Aligned items - We already have some items with alignment quirks - I'd like it if the devs took your suggestion and gave us some SPECIAL items that forced a change in our gear {more than just slot consolidation}. A definite No to all items having this though.
    Yes I agree, not all weapons, only the strongest, or specials.

Special Abilities for different types of armours/weapons - This has been mooted on these forums many times and is something I think quite a few of us would love to see.
    My suggestions would be:

All Piercing Weapons - +2 to hit / +5 dmg to Armoured opponents.

All Slashing Weapons - Slicing

All Bludgeoning Weapons - Unbalancing {The enemy not the wielder}.

Chain Mail - +2 AC vs Slashing Weapons

Plate Mail - +2 AC vs Bludgeoning Weapons

Leather Armours - Mobility {feat}.
    It's difficult to study a system here, in one post. We must write the ideas, devs then should think about it and do the things, because they know the game mechanics. Your ideas are good, but I guess all users in forum can propose good different ideas.

HP - I'm with you here - As an AD&D 2nd Ed player myself I'd love to see AC make a come back - At the moment Dexterity is the weakest of the 6 stats in my opinion overall - Mainly because AC is so skewed.
    It would be nice if a high enough AC could dismiss the requirement for MOAR HP in this game.
    Yeah. Now the group system is: "Do you have XXX hp? No thanks, you can't join, we prefere TR with plenty of them".
    Nice.

And, no one thinks that the weapon quick selections should be applicated to gears too?

Other toons: Bould (fighter)