Default Keeping track of Epic ingredients

Folks,
    Perhaps just me but it's really difficult tp keep track of all the Scrolls / Shards / Seals required for EPIC gear.

So I finally broke down and compiled a list of "standard" Epic gear and smacked it into a VERY SIMPLE Excel file:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3q...DhtUWRIOGx6WkU

It really is simple; although, it does have a lil kick.
    • A little Conditional Formatting to help you highlight an ingredient set close to completion.
    • Each item has a hyper link that will take you to DDOWIKI so you can see what the ingredient helps to build BEFORE you greed before need it from the chest.
    • Frozen pane, Autofilter, etc.
    Anyway, after I scoured my bags and update the cells per the ingredients I have, it really did make things a lot easier...
    • No more looting duplicate items that I don't need / want...
    • Of course instant access to the "what", per the hyperlink...
    Interesting too it seems, and if I correctly recorded everything, there are 161 Epic items (again not including challenges / festival events / etc), which kinda suprised me.

Hope you find value in it.

btw, I chose WINGDINGS as my font for the the ingredients... using a lowercase "x" for your "yeah I got this ingredient" seems to work well for me : )

Also per critique below, I'm merge SIRGOG's Shard/Seal/Scroll drop info, which can be found here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=283271

and like he says, This is a work in progress.
    Last edited by Zaal; 05-23-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: url change
    ASCENDANTS on SARLONA (viva ADAR!): Zaal * Screwz * Lorrz * Zill * HamHoks * Gusty * Grasshumper * Durzo * DrHurtz

Oh yeah, when you click the link, top left hand corner has a FILE menu and from there you can download.
    ASCENDANTS on SARLONA (viva ADAR!): Zaal * Screwz * Lorrz * Zill * HamHoks * Gusty * Grasshumper * Durzo * DrHurtz

Look good. I can't wait for it to be done. Or wait, are you planning to include also quests where you can get/has the highest chance to get the seal and shard?

Though one thing... It's Devil Assault, not assualt :P
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Well I suppose I could include the highest probability for ingredients - but I don't have that info!

Meanwhile, I'll update the Devils Assault info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaal View Post
    Well I suppose I could include the highest probability for ingredients - but I don't have that info!

You can ask around for that info. In Sands, for example, it's quite an even chance to get a seal from any quest. VON1 however has a higher chance to get SoS seal from there. That's all I know
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaal View Post
    Updated!

Oh yeah screwed up on the upload as NEW rather than UPDATE so the URL changed... I've updated my original post to reflect the new version.

Nice work on this. Great idea to use google docs. You would greatly increase the value of this if you incorporated the data that sirgog has compiled thus far:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=283271
    On Thelanis: Survo ... Wattr ... Tigerpalm ... Cranefist ... Hobbson ... Grayed ... Shadowstance ... Smashcut

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian99 View Post
    Nice work on this. Great idea to use google docs. You would greatly increase the value of this if you incorporated the data that sirgog has compiled thus far:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=283271

Okay - really didn't plan on doing anything really fancy here but, sounds kinda fun.
    Real issue though is keeping the document up-to-date.

Regardless and before I go further, please have a look at:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3q...DhtUWRIOGx6WkU

It's a new version with VBA (yeah I know VBA is scary biz to some - however VBA is not protected so you of course can feel free to look at it before enabling). Anyway, you doubleclick in a shard/seal/scroll cell and the code does a lookup, per the INFO tab.

Currently only imported the following so yes much work to do - assuming the format worx for you (all) :

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Demon Sands adventure pack items:

Zawabi's Revenge raid items:

Bracers of the Demon's Consort
    Bramble-Casters
    Chaosblade
    Cloak of the Zephyr
    Demon Scale Armor
    Dustless Boots
    Greenblade
    Lion-headed Belt Buckle
    Marilith Chain
    Pouch of Jerky
    Sandstorm Goggles
    Seal of the Earth
    Shining Crest of St. Markus
    Staff of Arcane Power
    Storm
    Torc of Prince-Raiyum-de II

Shards for all of these items drop only in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge. It's quite common to get one.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in the side chests of epic Against the Demon Queen and I believe they also drop in all chests in Wiz-King, Offering of Blood and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.
    Scrolls for these items drop on the corpse of any dead monster in epic Demon Sands quests.

Added another lil VBA tweak to update a new column called INFOAVAILABLE, when the workbook opens.

Purpose is to scour the INFO tab and if it finds info on an Epic Item , a "Yes" will be plopped into the INFOAVAILABLE cell.

Cheers!

OK - now this is starting to become fun !

I've now updated all the SANDS items - twas really just a copy / paste so the wording isn't necessarily appropriate for a given item but instead, for all the items in a particular grouping... Easy enough to modify later I guess.

Have updated most of VON and tried to pay respect to SIRGOG's notes a bit better... so seals for example with a better drop rate in VON3 (for example) should be noted accordingly.

I think I've knocked out VON with the exception of the Epic Helm of the Red Dragon.

It drops complete from the VON6 Epic chest so not sure why also a shard drops.

k - knocked out:
    • Red Fens
    • Sentinels of Stormreach (mostly... seems forums have incomplete data)
    • Demon Sands
    • Phiarlain Carnival (mostly... seems forums have incomplete data)

Alright then , Chronoscope is done so looks like I touched on all the major elements.

Am I missing the Sentinals of Stormreach items somewhere on your list?

Epic Blademark's Docent
    Epic Chimera's Crown
    Epic Chimera's Fang
    Epic Deneith Heavy Chain
    Epic Elyd Edge
    Epic Jidz-Tet'ka
    Epic Midnight Greetings
    Epic Winter's Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Am I missing the Sentinals of Stormreach items somewhere on your list?

Epic Blademark's Docent
    Epic Chimera's Crown
    Epic Chimera's Fang
    Epic Deneith Heavy Chain
    Epic Elyd Edge
    Epic Jidz-Tet'ka
    Epic Midnight Greetings
    Epic Winter's Wrath
    thx - apprecaite you having look at my work AND commenting on it!

I think however that you downloaded an earlier version... If you download it again, you'll find those missing items.

Oh yeah adding those brought my total to 169 !
    Last edited by Zaal; 05-23-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: AND commenting on it!

Don't know if this is right place to ask, but....

If you want to Epic an already upgradable item, like Winters Wrath, does it matter if you upgrade it before making it Epic or after?

Very cool idea here. I can't seem to get either of the links you posted to work. I get to the Google Docs page, but I can't seem to download the file. I get a "Can't reach Google Apps" message. Know why I might be having this error?
    "Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -JC
    Check out DDO's #1 Weekly Podcast
    Circle of Night on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Rheebus View Post
    Very cool idea here. I can't seem to get either of the links you posted to work. I get to the Google Docs page, but I can't seem to download the file. I get a "Can't reach Google Apps" message. Know why I might be having this error?
    Not not sure - I just downloaded it from the link.

You may need to have a GMAIL account but not sure. I tried for example using CROME and not having used my GMAIL account on that browser for a while, was prompted for an email / password.

I downloaded the file without any problems.
    Don't have any of the
    - google account
    - gmail
    - chrome browser
    so i know they are not required at all