Exclamation Allow us to /stuck more then once per day

Because I am getting stuck in rocks, walls, and pillars well over once per day now.

Thanks.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

/signed

I'd also note that I've had it reporting I'd already used that day, when the previous time it had been used was at least 3 days prior...

I'm getting stuck in geometry a lot at the moment
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonixx View Post
    Because I am getting stuck in rocks, walls, and pillars well over once per day now.

Thanks.
    Yea but thats because you are running 8 characters at once..... it raises the odds of it happening

I've had this happen once to me recently.... obviously 1 unstuck was enough....

However,assuming its not some coding nightmare I wouldn't understand then I can't see why they couldn't impliment the idea and let you unstuck a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    Yea but thats because you are running 8 characters at once..... it raises the odds of it happening

I've had this happen once to me recently.... obviously 1 unstuck was enough....

However,assuming its not some coding nightmare I wouldn't understand then I can't see why they couldn't impliment the idea and let you unstuck a bit more.
    No im not running at 8 characters at once now, only 1 and its still happening 2-5 times a day.
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

No im not running at 8 characters at once now, only 1 and its still happening 2-5 times a day.
    was actually just a joke. hence the big smiley at the end.... whooooosh

but if you want to keep it dry and blunt then as per my original post, its only happened once to me in the couple of weeks odd since it was first reported, your occurance seems too high. multiple times per day with 1 character.... Ive not heard of it happening to anyone else that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

/signed

While it happens to some people more than others (generally tends to happen if you're circle strafing/jumping near wall junctions a lot), there's no denying that it's happening way way more than it's usual lately. Not to mention using /stuck and ending up back in Korthos, say what?
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Toons: Weirdly || Inbound || Samma || Ocular || Annoyed || Stinkpelt of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

True. Since the physics "upgrade" we can get stuck in much more places than before, i discovered two new places at least.

/Signed
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Post normally

Thanks.
    normally I wouldn't sign threads like this HOWEVER I have also been getting stuck a ton lately not once a day but friday was so bad I got stuck 3 times 1st time I did /stuck 2nd time luckly a wizard ddoor'd me and 3rd time I was soloing and ended up rage quiting for awhile. this is a issue so . . /signed

/signed

/signed. Even after they fix the issue, there's no real reason to be limited to using that command only once a day. Limit it to once an hour, maybe, but once a day is ridiculous, especially given the apparent lack of urgency given to the whole getting stuck issue by whoever is shot-calling at Turbine over where to spend their resources.

I'm not normally on the bandwagon of Turbine haters, but there are some things that Turbine does make some pretty bone-headed calls on that make me wonder what they were thinking. The vast majority of the time, I love this game...but every now and then, I really wish we could do something unpleasant to the person who makes the calls to put certain bugs/issues on the "not-important" pile while putting some pretty stupid fixes in the "OMGDOITNOW!" pile because god-forbid something that works in the players favor stay in the game 1 more week...nevermind that there are pretty horrid bugs that have been in this game since the first day I started playing that still haven't been fixed or haven't been considered worth fixing yet by Turbine. (monsters moving while CC'd for example, or the way archer MObs who cannot see you due to stealth or invisibility can still unneringly track and shoot you from half a mile away on a wilderness map without true seeing or any possible rationale for knowing even what sector to fire an arrow towards.)

Perhaps, one day, they will fix these things, perhaps not. But it really has gotten to the point where none of the rationalizations or justifications Turbine gives for why they must fix issue x but not issue y rings with any truth anymore. I don't blame the messengers for the words they carry, but someone is to blame, and whoever it is should probably re-evaluate their list of priorities.
    Ghallanda Server: Rodasch - Pale Master, Niccolina - Assassin, Mahlak - Radiant Servant, Etayn - Monster, Brikbaht - Tukaw, Khawstik - Pale Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroi-koibito View Post
    I didn't have the heart to tell him he looked like a fat guy in a Godzilla suit.

Amount of time ive been playing ddo daily: 2 years (Not daily, longer than this)
    Amount of times I've been stuck, ever: 0.

Hmm

I've found a stuck spot in the marketplace outside The Twelve - For some reason {twice now} I've clicked on the Gate to go from The Twelve to The Marketplace and found myself in a hole between a house and the bridge in the market that is impossible to get out of - Fill it in pls Devs.

As for the /stuck command I believe it was getting abused in certain quests and that is why we're limited to once/day - Hoping I haven't said too much here.

Community Member

It would be appreciated if the limit was upped temporarily. There are far more instances of falling through floors, etc. now than I've ever known.

As you can see I joined this party a while ago (almost 5 years now) and to be honest before the last patch I had used that command twice ever.

Once in the Market I fell off a roof and got pinned between a static guard and the wall and couldn't jump to get out. The command worked flawlessly and away I went.

Once in the Shroud I was running against the barrier and when we hit the Altar I actually ran behind the chest before it appeared, once it was there I was pinned. The command ported me to a safe place just fine.

Since the upgrade I have been stuck twice.

Once in Siegebreaker I actually fell through the bottom of the second ship. There's a little area kind of like a bilge room down there and no way to get up. I used /stuck and it ported me to a different part of the bilge room and I was still stuck. I just abandoned the quest because I was annoyed.

Just this last time was in Raiding the Giants Vault. I was fighting in one of the caves, jumped over the skellies and was tractor beamed into the wall. Tried /stuck (first time in over a week) and it didn't do anything, but said I had already used it that day. Bug reported it and called a DM (I was almost done the quest) and he was able to port me out.

I have also had numerous monsters pop into walls. Now I don't care so much if it's a little kobold or trog but when it's a MOB that you need to kill to advance or meet a quest objective that can be really REALLY annoying. In the past I have called on a DM one time only (chests didn't spawn after a quest completion) but since the last update I have had to call on a DM about 7 times now. Thankfully they are generally quick to respond (5 to 10 minutes) but we did have a Valak's Mausoleum fail on us because he popped into a wall, heck it looked more like a vacuum cleaner sucked him in there to be honest, and we didn't get a GM in time.

The new Physics engine is certainly causing quite a few issues but make sure you bug report it everyone, with any luck it helps them figure out what exactly it is that is causing the issue.
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 05-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Community Member

I've been playing for over two years and up until last week I got stuck once.

Last week i got stuck twice, with a two day gap. Second time was told I'd already used /stuck once already that day.

Community Member

/signed

The frequency of getting stuck has gone up greatly with recent patches. I have already been stuck 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Prior to that i think i got stuck maybe 1 or 2 times per year.

Thumbs up /signed

hell i've gotten stuck more times than i can remember *last time i got stuck was about 3 hours ago* and i was just jumping off my guild ship and some how i managed to end up looking down at Vala or what ever the dragons name is in the plain of night raid cool sight tho sadly print screen does work on DDO in windows 7 or any other video capture programs got so fed up with trying to capture a video of it i quit client and when i logged back in 10 min and i was standing on the bridge in the market where you end up if you fall off the bridge in the P.o.N raid so ya needless to say ddo runs in windows 7 but it won't allow screen or video capture in it.
    Last edited by rsking; 05-23-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Quote Originally Posted by rsking View Post
    hell i've gotten stuck more times than i can remember *last time i got stuck was about 3 hours ago* and i was just jumping off my guild ship and some how i managed to end up looking down at Vala or what ever the dragons name is in the plain of night raid cool sight tho sadly print screen does work on DDO in windows 7 or any other video capture programs got so fed up with trying to capture a video of it i quit client and when i logged back in 10 min and i was standing on the bridge in the market where you end up if you fall off the bridge in the P.o.N raid so ya needless to say ddo runs in windows 7 but it won't allow screen or video capture in it.
    Off topic, but I use UOSU just fine in Win7. Ultima Online Screenshot Utility.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.