Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default A suggestion for changes in the loot system

The idea:

Named items obatained from end chests should not be lootable like the regular items. The idea is that you all roll for the named item instead of making it a part of the regular loot. Those taht dont need dont have to roll.

That way no player can be greedy and just take the item and no guildies can swap the item in the chest. The downside is that it'll be a step towards World of Warcraft.
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    - Milcu - Miltank - Milcu-1 - Milskill - Milsong - Insanest -
    >T H E L A N I S<

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

NO a roll has already been made when it shows up everyone has a percentage chance to get something from the end chest there is no need and no desire to add another roll

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Whats the point?

The roll is made when you open the chest. An individual role... in theory it is possible for a 12 arcane run on DQ to pull 12 torcs....... in theory!

But, why roll manually for them?

If the person needs/ wants the item, and it drops in their name then they can loot it, NP. Even if I need it "more" its his item, it dropped on his loot roll within the chest.... I think your idea would cause more trouble then it solves tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

exactly! The people who actually dont need the item and wouldn't roll on it can then just loot the item or pass it to a guildie.
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

Community Member

How about we take it one step further. Every time a chest is opened you are instantly transported to a PvP arena and it's a last person standing fight for all the phat lewtz.

Quote Originally Posted by callforkills View Post
    exactly! The people who actually dont need the item and wouldn't roll on it can then just loot the item or pass it to a guildie.
    Yes they would.

They are called proxy rolls.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

I would like this for BTC items only and they must show up in a common area and not associated with a member of the party. Then everyone who is interested can check a box next to the item and has an equal chance at getting it. The item becomes bound to the winner to weed out proxy rollers. No more internal guild passing sounds like a good idea to me.

The idea...That way no player can be greedy and just take the item and no guildies can swap the item in the chest. The downside is that it'll be a step towards World of Warcraft.
    Apologies, but I don't share your view point here. Every one has the same chances as everyone else at getting particular named loot when they open a chest. I do not see it as "Greedy" to take something that you were fortunate to have drop for you over the other player who had the same chances as you and didnt get it. Nor do I view it as a "problem" when a player, who again had equal chances as you, gives up the item that he was randomly awarded to a friend/guild mate.

Not Signed for me.

I don't see it solving the problem and as far as passing to guildies, your loot is...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I never saw that there was a possibility to pass on items from a chest.

I just never saw those black, tiny arrows.

And no-one told me.

I even didn't saw that when a guild member told me about it.

Only much, much later someone pointed me to it.

Those arrows should have a distinct, very definitively DIFFERENT colour.

Because as it is now, that's just bad bad bad UI communication. These arrows are concealed like a hiding rabbit in an open acre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaysgts86 View Post
    Apologies, but I don't share your view point here. Every one has the same chances as everyone else at getting particular named loot when they open a chest. I do not see it as "Greedy" to take something that you were fortunate to have drop for you over the other player who had the same chances as you and didnt get it. Nor do I view it as a "problem" when a player, who again had equal chances as you, gives up the item that he was randomly awarded to a friend/guild mate.

Not Signed for me.
    Lets say you are a pugger and joined a raid. The raid that also has four individuals who are in a guild together. At the end chest one of the four guildies pulls an item you can use and he doesn't want it. He doesn't put it up for roll and passes it to one of his guild mates. You get a nice item that you don't need so you put it up for roll. The guild mate that passed his item internally wins the roll and gets your item. Everyone did not have and equal chance in this raid. The only way to have an equal chance is a system where named BTC loot went to a common area and not auto assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyiwin View Post
    Lets say you are a pugger and joined a raid. The raid that also has four individuals who are in a guild together. At the end chest one of the four guildies pulls an item you can use and he doesn't want it. He doesn't put it up for roll and passes it to one of his guild mates. You get a nice item that you don't need so you put it up for roll. The guild mate that passed his item internally wins the roll and gets your item. Everyone did not have and equal chance in this raid. The only way to have an equal chance is a system where named BTC loot went to a common area and not auto assigned.
    whats to stop me and guildie both rolling for it, even though I dont need the item so I can then pass it to them?

Its the same result.

All you are asking for is the hidden roll done by the game, on named items, when you first open the chest to be removed.

You then want to manually roll on the named items.

The end result is still the same. random person gets X item. The suggestion in the OP changes nothing except to add another manual task in.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

I think you're missing something. IF the suggestion was implemented:
    Swapping named items is impossible with this system = a change, because no guildies will swap because they cant. The item is automatically transported from chest to roll winners inventory.

Of course it is difficult to judge if a player needs an item or not, but with this change a fighter cant just take a cleric item if he needs it this life. I know that this is jsut an additional roll, but this is not what the change is about. If the cleric item is put up for "public roll" fighters would in most cases not roll for the item while they when the item is in the cehst have a bigger tendecy to take the item.
    Last edited by callforkills; 05-20-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

you dont get it its their loot not that parties

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Thumbs down

I think you're missing something. IF the suggestion was implemented:
    Swapping named items is impossible with this system = a change, because no guildies will swap because they cant

you really dont understand the current loot system do you? the game rolls for a random list for everyone and then applies it are you wanting it to reassign someone's loot if they can't currently use it. Then NO

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Actually, in DDO you get better chance to get loot with complete strangers in raid than in other MMOs, because in most of the other games loot is assigned by raid leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Would solve zero loot drama - it would only bring on a new form of it.
    The system is fine now, and this change would add nothing positive to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    whats to stop me and guildie both rolling for it, even though I dont need the item so I can then pass it to them?

Its the same result.

All you are asking for is the hidden roll done by the game, on named items, when you first open the chest to be removed.

You then want to manually roll on the named items.

The end result is still the same. random person gets X item. The suggestion in the OP changes nothing except to add another manual task in.
    Hmm looks like you missed my other post #7. The end result is random person who has a use for the item gets it and there is no ability to pass it to a friend/guilty.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cyiwin View Post
    Hmm looks like you missed my other post #7. The end result is random person who has a use for the item gets it and there is no ability to pass it to a friend/guilty.
    no need to fix what isnt broken

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    you really dont understand the current loot system do you? the game rolls for a random list for everyone and then applies it are you wanting it to reassign someone's loot if they can't currently use it. Then NO
    Wouldn't it be easier if the BTC loot wasn't assigned to a person? If it was assigned to the group then the people who want the item could opt in for a chance at it. Everyone has an equal chance at getting it and it is still random. Players can opt out of the roll if it is something they can't use.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast