Default Rules for a new PD Guild in Cannith

Closely i intend to start a new PD guild in Cannith before expansion comes, but to avoid reading all PD guilds' rules, it would be nice to establish the basic ones.

Advices to avoid major and common pitfalls are welcome.....

Im looking to build an exciting and stiff guild.

Plz add suggestions of the guild's name, connected with House Cannith in Eberron, and then ill pick one (Before i start perusing Keith Baker's Eberron writings.). Name must finish with "Permadeath Guild".

Ill update/edit rules.

Rules:

1) Must be level 1 to join.
    2) If your character dies delete it or leave the guild. All deaths count. Characters cant be raised. If your pet dies, dismiss it.
    3) Cant use resting shrines.
    4) Can only share chests. Dont purchase magic from vendors. Dont buy or sell at brokers, favor vendors or AH. Can use augment guild vendors or XP boosts. No twinking.
    5) Eternal wands are forbidden.
    6) Dont use hirelings.
    7) Only party inside the guild.
    8) Dont repeat a difficulty or go back on easier mode. Explore wildernesses only once. Can solo adventures.
    9) Never adventure below highest character level in the party, except when noone would get xp if alone.
    10) Dont reenter an adventure.
    11) No spoilers.
    12) Inactive Characters for over 1 month are removed.
    Last edited by ddobard1; 05-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    Rules:

2) If your character dies delete it. All deaths count (and I mean ALL). Characters cant be raised.
    If someone levels a cleric or favored soul to the point where they can raise, they cant use raise spells to bring some one back?

_
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

2) If your character dies delete it. All deaths count (and I mean ALL). Characters cant be raised.

No raises would make this truely hard core, unique, and therfore interesting. Good luck.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

number 7 seems pretty restrictive considering it's a new guild with no members.

I've considered making a permadeath toon on cannith (as that is where most of my toons are) but I really wouldn't want to be in a position where I'm soloing most of the time.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27
    If someone levels a cleric or favored soul to the point where they can raise, they cant use raise spells to bring some one back?
    For me death is death.... (Shroud mechanic isnt death, its more like a dream)

When a cleric or favored soul can raise they have many useful spells, thanks Turbine!

Quote Originally Posted by parvo
    No raises would make this truely hard core, unique, and therfore interesting. Good luck.
    Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by morticianjohn
    number 7 seems pretty restrictive considering it's a new guild with no members.

I've considered making a permadeath toon on cannith (as that is where most of my toons are) but I really wouldn't want to be in a position where I'm soloing most of the time.
    I wouldnt mind running solo while waiting.... not in a hurry here...

One of the easiest ways to restrict current character power, increase the amount of challenge, and in a way that is super easy to implement, is to forbid any prestige classes.

No one will ever complain that it's too easy if you run with a bravery bonus.
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho
    is to forbid any prestige classes.
    Prestige classes are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncani_Daho
    run with a bravery bonus
    Guilders may run any adventure at any difficulty, but cant run casual, normal, hard or elite after running an higher difficulty.

Soloing adventures is allowed at any level.

Last edited by ddobard1; 05-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Members of Alder d'Cannith Permadeath Guild are followers of Alder d'Cannith, the visionary that founded The Twelve.

Our goal is to perpetuate Alder d'Cannith memory.
    Last edited by ddobard1; 05-16-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Community Member

2) If your character dies delete it or leave the guild. All deaths count. Characters cant be raised.
    What about lag deaths? Or when the physics mechanic makes you die from falling damage when you're standing still or walking around?

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks
    What about lag deaths? Or when the physics mechanic makes you die from falling damage when you're standing still or walking around?
    Death is Death!

I know, life isnt fair....

Death is Death!

I know, life isnt fair....
    True, but still, that random "walking along minding your own business and then randomly taking 500 falling damage for no reason at all" is a bug that can happen anytime and anywhere. It would probably be in your best interest to allow those deaths, otherwise you can easily scare away people from your PD guild.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterling
    True, but still, that random "walking along minding your own business and then randomly taking 500 falling damage for no reason at all" is a bug that can happen anytime and anywhere. It would probably be in your best interest to allow those deaths, otherwise you can easily scare away people from your PD guild.
    Never happened that to me and i play since early 2007..... I took once 100 damage when i was harried above a bunch of kobolds in Stealthy Repossession and got free of them?!

But I believe someday Turbine will get free of these annoyances!

So any death is death! Long live Permadeath!

Community Member Gandalfs_Ghost's Avatar

The falling damage bug is a well-known bug and has been in the game for years. probably from day one, whether its you falling or a mob falling on you. Happened to me a few months ago (before the last update) in miserys during combat, jumped in the air, got stuck standing on the heads of the mobs surrounding me, when i killed one and dropped back to the ground I took over 100 pts of falling damage on a level 2 toon. For dropping 5 feet. Obviously this is a bug.
    I have seen it happen several times in just the last few weeks, the latest update has made this bug happen with far more frequency, just read the forums. I would think a screenshot of the bug would suffice to forgive a death due to this.
    Most bugs we tell people to adventure at their own risk, lag deaths included, or for ex when an update a while back made traps absurdly nastier, we simply advised people to be careful as at least with that you have some degree of control over it, but in the case of the falling bug, can happen any time, anywhere, to any level toon. Sure deleting a lvl 2 toon over the bug might be annoying, how about a level 12? Or 20?
    Anyway, my 2c, good luck with your guild

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfs_Ghost
    Most bugs we tell people to adventure at their own risk, lag deaths included, or for ex when an update a while back made traps absurdly nastier, we simply advised people to be careful as at least with that you have some degree of control over it, but in the case of the falling bug, can happen any time, anywhere, to any level toon.
    All deaths count. This includes bug deaths.