Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Guilds...

  1. #1
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default Guilds...

    What is a guild in DDO supposed to be?

    Before guild leveling, it was a group of players that got along well, had similar playtimes, and ran quests and raids together....

    But now, with the ridiculous guild level system that has been implemented, it seems to be a group of players who are focused on maxing out their guild level, and kick good players out of their guild just because they've been inactive for a few weeks or months (knowing fully well that they will return eventually).

    I have seen great guilds crumble and collapse because of the guild renown system. If the system had been implemented differently, that may not have been the case.



    This is how I envision a good basic guild leveling system:
    1: Guild renown awarded on completion of quests of parties that have at least 2 members from the same guild (acts like favor). This encourages guilds to run together, but does not force guild groups to deny pugs.
    2: Maximum guild level/renown achieved by completing all content in game on maximum difficulty as a guild.
    3: Due to 1 and 2, no guild renown decay. Or rather, renown decay is in the form of new addition of content.
    4: Earn airships and airship amenities via current renown system. Play quests, pick up heroic deeds and whatnot (which are added to "Guild Funds", guild size bonus can be used here), and use the funds to purchase airships and amenities.

    Also, modify the amenities so that they are aware of player levels, so that a level 1 can't just get maxed resists and whatnot.



    That's just my opinion though. Some of you might have differing opinions...

  2. #2
    Community Member Thanquil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default agreed

    guild renown should only be earned when grouping with another player from your guild or a Alliance guild and will have a max allaince of 5 guilds or something.

  3. #3
    Community Member Xynot2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,243

    Default

    If you are in a guild that is focused on the guild levels... you're in the wrong guild. Ours is focused on what we've been focused on for years. Having fun. The attitude with us is that guild levels are a bonus for doing what we do anyway and NOT another quest that must be completed. While I agree that the guild structure the way it is could be made better, it's what you make of it.

  4. #4
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xynot2 View Post
    If you are in a guild that is focused on the guild levels... you're in the wrong guild. Ours is focused on what we've been focused on for years. Having fun. The attitude with us is that guild levels are a bonus for doing what we do anyway and NOT another quest that must be completed. While I agree that the guild structure the way it is could be made better, it's what you make of it.
    I understand what you're saying, and it's true. However there is another factor at play, and that is that some guilds that have been playing with that attitude are changed by the "rewards" for guild leveling once they experience it (especially the overpowered buffs for lowbies), and begin to focus on leveling the guild. Which is exactly what happened to the guild I was in.

  5. #5
    Community Member Doomcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    I am in a guild of one, plus one character not my own.
    I guess my guild wouldn't be allowed to level ......
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

  6. #6
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomcrew View Post
    I am in a guild of one, plus one character not my own.
    I guess my guild wouldn't be allowed to level ......
    Perhaps because it's not really a guild? I mean, if you both went into a quest, sure it could then level. But if you're in a guild by yourself, or where nobody is active, it's hard to call that a guild.

  7. #7
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    I also propose that players be restricted to only 3 guild ship buffs. And only one of each type (IE: one resist buff, one stat buff, one to-hit buff). And to make the buffs scale to player level. Player lvl 1 gets resist 3, player lvl 5 gets 10, lvl 10 gets 20, etc...

  8. #8
    Community Member Airgeadlam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Royston Vasey (and I'll never leave)
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromize View Post
    What is a guild in DDO supposed to be?Before guild leveling, it was a group of players that got along well, had similar playtimes, and ran quests and raids together....

    But now, with the ridiculous guild level system that has been implemented, it seems to be a group of players who are focused on maxing out their guild level, and kick good players out of their guild just because they've been inactive for a few weeks or months (knowing fully well that they will return eventually).
    All the guilds I've been were like A, and not like B in your description. Also, inactive members (whole account) do not affect guild renown decay, and what's more, they do count as recent departure if you boot them, so no point in doing so either. If your guild was booting people either they didn't get how renown works, or you had so many accounts you had reached the guild maximum. thus making impossible to recruit new players (and this is a bad sign too).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromize View Post
    I have seen great guilds crumble and collapse because of the guild renown system. If the system had been implemented differently, that may not have been the case.
    Obviously your vision of what a "great guild" is and my vision are quite different. A guild which collapses because of the renown system has some issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromize View Post
    This is how I envision a good basic guild leveling system:
    1: Guild renown awarded on completion of quests of parties that have at least 2 members from the same guild (acts like favor). This encourages guilds to run together, but does not force guild groups to deny pugs.
    2: Maximum guild level/renown achieved by completing all content in game on maximum difficulty as a guild.
    3: Due to 1 and 2, no guild renown decay. Or rather, renown decay is in the form of new addition of content.
    4: Earn airships and airship amenities via current renown system. Play quests, pick up heroic deeds and whatnot (which are added to "Guild Funds", guild size bonus can be used here), and use the funds to purchase airships and amenities.
    1 - Guild runs avoiding pugs has nothing to do with renown. It has to do with running with trusted people who are more likely to get a completion in quest/raid/epic.
    2 - Why? You want to discriminate VIP and F2P regarding guild stuff?
    3 - Renown decay is a joke, to be honest. If you can't cope with it, then your guildies are pìcking that +1 acid touch dagger instead of the heroic deeds on every single reward. I've been in large guilds where renown needed per account per day was like 2 impressive trophies. Is that bad?
    4 - You already unlock airships and amenities via renown system. It's called "Get level X to unlock Y". I see no need to change it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromize View Post
    Also, modify the amenities so that they are aware of player levels, so that a level 1 can't just get maxed resists and whatnot.
    Why? If you have the 30 resists, then your guild has reached a certain level. So at that point, either you use shrines at lower levels to run thru stuff easier so you can level fast and reach 20 again, or you're already 20 and your point is invalid. Are you talking about new players? Do not invite them (to guild) right away and show them how the game is for real. Or invite them and tell them shrines are forbidden for non experienced players. Or do not invite them at all. Are you talking about YOUR challenge? Forget the shrines and go with wands/pots.

    Do not blame the system because something happened to you and your guild. Blame your guildies for what they've done with it.

    Roberin (TR1 H-Elf Mnk8/Ftr12) - Lawnmoweird (TR4 Hum Mnk 20*) - Brokarg (TR1 Human 16brd/2ftr/2rog) - Lawnmowerman (TR1 H-Elf Mnk2/Ftr18*) Aibhilin (TR1 Human Wiz PM20) Lawnmowiper (WF Art 20) - Selanin (Drow 2mnk/12pal/6ftr) Elissea (H-Elf Rog 20*) * In progress

  9. #9
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    All the guilds I've been were like A, and not like B in your description. Also, inactive members (whole account) do not affect guild renown decay, and what's more, they do count as recent departure if you boot them, so no point in doing so either. If your guild was booting people either they didn't get how renown works, or you had so many accounts you had reached the guild maximum. thus making impossible to recruit new players (and this is a bad sign too).
    Booted because they wanted higher renown bonus? I dunno.


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    Obviously your vision of what a "great guild" is and my vision are quite different. A guild which collapses because of the renown system has some issues.
    Okay, once-great guild that were corrupted by the system.


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    1 - Guild runs avoiding pugs has nothing to do with renown. It has to do with running with trusted people who are more likely to get a completion in quest/raid/epic.
    I believe otherwise. Your guild should earn renown when your guild does something. Not just single people from your guild...

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    2 - Why? You want to discriminate VIP and F2P regarding guild stuff?
    In an environment like in DDO, one gains renown by accomplishing great things. One becomes more renowned when the whole community knows of the great things one does. The whole community would be the quest givers, and the great things would be the quests.
    So, sure, discriminate against the F2P players regarding guilds. Not like they don't have to pay to create guilds or anything. Besides, I don't think there are many guilds out there that consist of ONLY f2p players... Even then, players can earn TP to purchase content through game play...

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    3 - Renown decay is a joke, to be honest. If you can't cope with it, then your guildies are pìcking that +1 acid touch dagger instead of the heroic deeds on every single reward. I've been in large guilds where renown needed per account per day was like 2 impressive trophies. Is that bad?
    I don't get guild renown on even half of my end rewards. And it's the fact that players feel obliged to take the damned heroic deeds that makes it annoying. I want to play the game and get loot, not trade loot for guild levels.

    And those +1 Acid Touch Daggers can add up when you sell them all to vendors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    4 - You already unlock airships and amenities via renown system. It's called "Get level X to unlock Y". I see no need to change it.
    If you change the guild leveling system to what I suggested, you should keep the current system of heroic deeds and whatnot to earn the amenities and airships (which would be an acceptable replacement for your hard-earned loot)



    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    Why? If you have the 30 resists, then your guild has reached a certain level. So at that point, either you use shrines at lower levels to run thru stuff easier so you can level fast and reach 20 again, or you're already 20 and your point is invalid. Are you talking about new players? Do not invite them (to guild) right away and show them how the game is for real. Or invite them and tell them shrines are forbidden for non experienced players. Or do not invite them at all. Are you talking about YOUR challenge? Forget the shrines and go with wands/pots.
    Somebody wants to keep their easy-buttons...


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    Do not blame the system because something happened to you and your guild. Blame your guildies for what they've done with it.
    I'm blaming the system because it is poorly designed (incites drama amongst members who want the shiny ship & amenities) and the buffs unbalance the game. House J and P favor buffs are almost useless now compared to the ship buffs.

    This is why I'm proposing a change to the system, not a removal. Something to hopefully do away with useless drama and also do away with overpowered buffs for low level toons.


    Any other questions? Concerns?

  10. #10
    Community Member gerardIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromize View Post
    What is a guild in DDO supposed to be?
    It's not supposed to be anything. Did your parents supposed you should be a janitor or did you make the choice yourself?

    It's like a PUG.

    And if you're not happy with it, make your own.

  11. #11
    Community Member Airgeadlam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Royston Vasey (and I'll never leave)
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kromize View Post
    Somebody wants to keep their easy-buttons...
    ROFL! Easy buttons on levels 1-7 (ML for Twelve 20resist pots)? Really? Then I'd suggest you to eliminate cannith crafting and even most random loot. I had no problem on my fresh off the boat toons on other servers, which I play when Thelanis is down for whatever reason. I know the quests! And you have plenty items on the AH and random loot to prevent damage from acid arrow spell, or fire spells. Also hammerblock/spearblock/axeblock items (even in korthos). Not to mention Abishai set if you're VIP. Shrines on boat are more a convenience than a real need. And well, it is you who wants to get all the items from rewards, no renown ones and still get a ship/buffs/etc and a guild who doesn't boot you for being inactive. You're problem is the people you'd chosen to play with, not the feature.

    Booted because they wanted higher renown bonus? I dunno.
    As inactive you do no harm. Not at all. If they booted you, then.

    - They had a problem with you and used renown as an excuse.
    - They don't know how renown works.
    - The guild had reached the maximum number of accounts allowed, and needed to boot inactives to get active people (Bad sign, but anyway, maybe has nothing to do with renown, but with having people who actually play and can raid/quest with guildies).
    - You're not inactive, you just don't play often and keep logging one toon once every two weeks to say hi, so your account never goes inactive, does count towards renown loss while you are not gaining any renown on your own. Greedy reason, true, but possible.

    So, sure, discriminate against the F2P players regarding guilds. Not like they don't have to pay to create guilds or anything. Besides, I don't think there are many guilds out there that consist of ONLY f2p players... Even then, players can earn TP to purchase content through game play...
    Guild charter: 150tps. What's the cost of all packs? Are you comparing both costs? Way to be demagogic, not to mention they don't spend a single TP when JOINING a created guild. And oh, sure, not many guild are pure FTP, that's for sure. But... Hey, you know that thing about the great great guys who were corrupted by the evil turbine power and their renown curse? What do you think they will do with people who can't get all packs? Leave them in guild, preventing them from get all the shinies? Or... mmmm... dunno.. boot them? How nice of you, you're ok with people discriminating others as long as the reason they apply to discriminate can't be applied to you.

    So, yeah, your problem is with the people, not the game or its mechanics.

    Again, not signed. And I'm done with this.
    Last edited by Airgeadlam; 05-14-2012 at 09:31 AM.

    Roberin (TR1 H-Elf Mnk8/Ftr12) - Lawnmoweird (TR4 Hum Mnk 20*) - Brokarg (TR1 Human 16brd/2ftr/2rog) - Lawnmowerman (TR1 H-Elf Mnk2/Ftr18*) Aibhilin (TR1 Human Wiz PM20) Lawnmowiper (WF Art 20) - Selanin (Drow 2mnk/12pal/6ftr) Elissea (H-Elf Rog 20*) * In progress

  12. #12
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    It's not supposed to be anything. Did your parents supposed you should be a janitor or did you make the choice yourself?
    What? I don't even... How exactly is that a reply to the quoted message?

    It's like a PUG.
    No, a PUG is like a PUG. A guild is a supposed to be a group of people with the same interests and playtimes, or something similar. Unless your a guild that recruits everybody that they meet in a PUG, than I suppose it might be like a PUG in that sense?

    And if you're not happy with it, make your own.
    Make my own PUG? Been there, done that?
    Erm... yea...

  13. #13
    Community Member Zyerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Our guild is great. We started before airships came out, If I remember correctly. Back when playing with the guild was for fun, XP, and chatting with people you probably might never see in real life, but somehow, you feel like they're good friends.

    Guild leveling did unfortunately bring that sense of guild morality down. A lot of people just join a guild so they can get free buffs and transport. That is it. And it's quite sad, but its the truth. What you propose is interesting. I personally think the ship buffs arent that necessary, they're simply a helping hand. But indeed, if the ammenities you used scaled depending on your level, then people would play DDO the right way. (well, with a little help)

    I hate seeing new players with 3rd tier resists, completely forgetting about the STK fire trap (which was one of the most notorious traps in DDO years ago) and completely depending on the ship buffs so their build works. Thusly complaining that they'll quit DDO if the expansion doesnt permit you to use ship buffs. And stuff like that. *sigh*
    Last edited by Zyerz; 05-14-2012 at 10:36 AM.

    "Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

    Into light, into darkness, surely.

  14. #14
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    ROFL! (Indeed) Easy buttons on levels 1-7 (ML for Twelve 20resist pots)? Really? Then I'd suggest you to eliminate cannith crafting and even most random loot. I had no problem on my fresh off the boat toons on other servers, which I play when Thelanis is down for whatever reason. I know the quests! And you have plenty items on the AH and random loot to prevent damage from acid arrow spell, or fire spells. Also hammerblock/spearblock/axeblock items (even in korthos). Not to mention Abishai set if you're VIP. Shrines on boat are more a convenience than a real need.
    I actually have another thread about the easy buttons of the game, but you wouldn't like it. And yes, the loot is good. But some ship buffs are still a big boost to low levels. They are still 30 res compared to 20 res from twelve... And people would rather just get ship buffs each time than spend time working for the gear. Which is a bit of a problem in my view.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    And well, it is you who wants to get all the items from rewards, no renown ones and still get a ship/buffs/etc and a guild who doesn't boot you for being inactive. You're problem is the people you'd chosen to play with, not the feature.
    Sarcasm in text is hard to get. :/
    And I don't care about ship buffs. You must've missed my suggestions to make ship buffs scale to player level, and also only allow players to get ~3 different buffs, each of a different type.
    And sure, my problem may have been the people I played with. But I played with them for a couple years before the guild leveling came out and all was fine and dandy. Even the few months after guild leveling things were fine. But then some recruiting happened and some people got promoted to officer that probably should have, and other people stopped playing and left to other games like SWTOR and it collapsed. I can guarantee you if the guild leveling wasn't here, the guild wouldn't have had a collapse like it did (sure we'd still have the inactive players, but still).


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    As inactive you do no harm. Not at all. If they booted you, then.

    - They had a problem with you and used renown as an excuse.
    - They don't know how renown works.
    - The guild had reached the maximum number of accounts allowed, and needed to boot inactives to get active people (Bad sign, but anyway, maybe has nothing to do with renown, but with having people who actually play and can raid/quest with guildies).
    - You're not inactive, you just don't play often and keep logging one toon once every two weeks to say hi, so your account never goes inactive, does count towards renown loss while you are not gaining any renown on your own. Greedy reason, true, but possible.
    Okay, inactive people don't increase decay, that was an oversight on my part I admit. However people that log in occasionally but don't get time to play often to add to the decay, and it causes a problem if the guild wants people to gain their share of the renown. And yes that is a problem with people of the guild, but still, mechanics and be designed to prevent that. Even a very simple mechanic to make renown decay player based, and not based on the size of the guild.



    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    Guild charter: 150tps. What's the cost of all packs? Are you comparing both costs? Way to be demagogic, not to mention they don't spend a single TP when JOINING a created guild. And oh, sure, not many guild are pure FTP, that's for sure. But... Hey, you know that thing about the great great guys who were corrupted by the evil turbine power and their renown curse? What do you think they will do with people who can't get all packs? Leave them in guild, preventing them from get all the shinies? Or... mmmm... dunno.. boot them? How nice of you, you're ok with people discriminating others as long as the reason they apply to discriminate can't be applied to you.
    How exactly would the F2P in the guild prevent the guild from getting the shinies? Did you read my posts, at all? Seriously, c'mon. Argue your point AFTER you read my argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    So, yeah, your problem is with the people, not the game or its mechanics.
    Again, not signed.
    My problem is with the mechanics, which is why I made this thread. I think they could be better. And even if it's the people causing the problem, the mechanics can be designed to prevent the people from causing the problems. So why not redesign the mechanics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgeadlam View Post
    And I'm done with this.
    About time... You argue with little thought, and it's a bit of a bother to reply to you. So, if you're lying about being done with this and reply, I will not reply to you any more. Good riddance.

  15. #15
    Tasty Ham Smuggler Kromize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    Our guild is great. We started before airships came out, If I remember correctly. Back when playing with the guild was for fun, XP, and chatting with people you probably might never see in real life, but somehow, you feel like they're good friends.

    Guild leveling did unfortunately bring that sense of guild morality down. A lot of people just join a guild so they can get free buffs and transport. That is it. And it's quite sad, but its the truth. What you propose is interesting. I personally think the ship buffs arent that necessary, they're simply a helping hand. But indeed, if the ammenities you used scaled depending on your level, then people would play DDO the right way.

    I hate seeing new players with 3rd tier resists, completely forgetting about the STK fire trap (which was one of the most notorious traps in DDO years ago) and completely depending on the ship buffs so their build works. Thusly complaining that they'll wuit DDO if the expansion doesnt permit you to use ship buffs. And stuff like that. *sigh*
    Which guild are you in, and are they/you recruiting? (Sarlona)

    And yes, STK fire traps are evil. Very evil, especially on elite. I actually mastered the timing and jumping through them to go completely unscathed on any class (I'm still proud of that). And then the ship buffs come out with 30 fire res, makes the skill almost useless.

  16. #16
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    They could always switch to the LOTRO model, where the nifty stuff like guild halls are based on how long the guild is active. I think it has to exist for a year before getting a guildhall. Somehow, I don't think it would work in the DDO crowd, too many instant gratification mindsets here.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  17. #17
    Community Member Mathermune's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    If it was said earlier on, in a different way, then I have stolen the idea and I apologize. But my standpoint is this:

    Put simply have guild renown not decay, instead make it the currency for airships and amenities which would be unlocked, rather than rented, for a price scaled on the modified account size which would be extended to hopefully dissuade people inflating the guild size then leaving for discounted amenities and re joining after they had all been bought.

    So you wouldn't have guild "levels" as such, but low renown guilds still wouldn't get immediate access to their own airships and even if they did grind out the biggest airships right away it'd deplete their "renown" and it'd be a challenge to get all of the amenities that they want right off the bat.
    [/post]

  18. #18
    Community Member thwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    985

    Default

    I solo most of the time. I am the leader of a guild that has like minded people in it. We did this so that we could take advantage of things like items with guild slots, airships and buffs. To my knowledge, we do not have guild runs or group together and we rarely talk to one another. But I don't think we should be excluded from the system because we do not meet someone else's definition of what a guild should be.

  19. #19
    Community Member Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,694

    Smile

    Little over a year and a half ago, we combined three small guilds into a new one. (We're now in the 50's) Each guild leader formed the Council and a Leader was elected (someone who had never been a leader before, but we knew she had the chops. We were ate up with Gianthold at the time, and obtaining Dragonscales for all. So, that became out mission statement. Gave us sort of a goal, you know? Though we have moved on and focus on Epics and such, the Dragonscales remain a big part of the team fun. At thirty plus members, it never gets old watching a first lifer get his 20th scale and select his gear.

    Tarelyn -Achillesia, Thelanis : Les DragonKnights

  20. #20
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermune View Post
    If it was said earlier on, in a different way, then I have stolen the idea and I apologize. But my standpoint is this:

    Put simply have guild renown not decay, instead make it the currency for airships and amenities which would be unlocked, rather than rented, for a price scaled on the modified account size which would be extended to hopefully dissuade people inflating the guild size then leaving for discounted amenities and re joining after they had all been bought.

    So you wouldn't have guild "levels" as such, but low renown guilds still wouldn't get immediate access to their own airships and even if they did grind out the biggest airships right away it'd deplete their "renown" and it'd be a challenge to get all of the amenities that they want right off the bat.
    This idea to me but changed. Make it so that there is no decay, the guild levels still unlock amenities however you can or even have to purchase amenities with renown. Only the leader or a guild officer can do so. The price scales the same way decay does now (so costs more for larger guilds, less for smaller). Keep everything else exactly the same.

    Sure that +3% shrine might cost you 100k renown for 1 week, it's up to the guild leadership to decide if it's worth it.

    If that seems a little harsh then an alternate idea might be that the amenity also costs renown while it is up.

    So instead of 100k it costs 60k to bring in or renew and eats an additional 10k a day that it's on the ship. It would allow the guild leadership to get a good handle on where the decay is headed. If things are dropping too quickly then all of a sudden the juicy buffs are gone. It would help encourage guildies to take those high renown rewards when offered because they are directly affecting the player.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload