Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default Assasin Rogues and PVP

    Am i the only one who really enjoys playing a assasin build rogue and is absolutly livid that they are EXTREMELY screwed when it comes to any kind of pvp??? mainly being that the sneak skill which would be ridiculously fun in CTF or even DMN arena doesnt work at all??

  2. #2

    Default

    I've yet to see a PvP implementation of stealth that didn't annoy people. It always seems to end up "too good" or "utter garbage".

    my 2cp.

  3. #3
    Community Member Quarterling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In your pocket
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I've yet to see a PvP implementation of stealth that didn't annoy people. It always seems to end up "too good" or "utter garbage".

    my 2cp.
    Wait, do you mean that stealth/sneaking actually worked in PvP in DDO way back when DDO was new, except that it was over-powered?
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterling View Post
    Wait, do you mean that stealth/sneaking actually worked in PvP in DDO way back when DDO was new, except that it was over-powered?
    Referring to other games.

    It's either utter garbage (e.g. Assassins at AoC launch) or OP (e.g. early Stalkers in CoV).

    Pretty much nobody likes being jumped from stealth, unless it's a "fair fight" even when the jumped player is caught with his pants around his ankles and needs a minute to wipe his cheetos stained fingers.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 05-09-2012 at 11:34 AM.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I've yet to see a PvP implementation of stealth that didn't annoy people. It always seems to end up "too good" or "utter garbage".

    my 2cp.
    i do agree with that i remember when WoW first came out rogues were beasts in 1v1 pvp but in arenas it was equaled out in the long run i just see it as a build required skill that wouldnt be to hard to get up and going i mean look at the ioun stone for spell absorbtion vs casters in pvp renders them pretty much useless but its still there i just want it to "work" in some way even if i gotta take skill point penaltys or scaling to make it semi fair to toons with no spot "basically everyone but trappers :P" or no see invisible

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdgiest2314 View Post
    i do agree with that i remember when WoW first came out rogues were beasts in 1v1 pvp but in arenas it was equaled out in the long run i just see it as a build required skill that wouldnt be to hard to get up and going i mean look at the ioun stone for spell absorbtion vs casters in pvp renders them pretty much useless but its still there i just want it to "work" in some way even if i gotta take skill point penaltys or scaling to make it semi fair to toons with no spot "basically everyone but trappers :P" or no see invisible
    It would need to be some kind of temporary buff that had no other restrictions on it other than a short timer, a reasonable cool down, and a break-on-attack functionality ... think the Mabar cloak invisibility except it breaks when you attack. Something like that. And please, please don't put it in PvE, unless it's separate from regular stealth.

  7. #7
    RangerDangerGrrl Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,618

    Default k, and then what?

    So lets say they heed the demand.
    Im for it. Lets say they fix the Rogues sneak in pvp...
    You enter the arena...
    A Ranger with High Spot riddles you to shredz from across the room.
    Then, we're right back here reading more pvp complaints about nerfing Rangers...
    ...and so it will go on and on and on and on.
    Bottomline: PVP is a niche thing that is nice to have, Its good to get a feel of how well your toon can do against others, but in the end, someone will ALWAYS have your flavor of Kryptonite in thier pocket.
    With sneak and even Inviz being damaged as they are, they can only give us so much.

    -Tarelyn -Achillesia, Thelanis

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    It would need to be some kind of temporary buff that had no other restrictions on it other than a short timer, a reasonable cool down, and a break-on-attack functionality ... think the Mabar cloak invisibility except it breaks when you attack. Something like that. And please, please don't put it in PvE, unless it's separate from regular stealth.
    well the sneak is already break on attack but the timer idk about because that is much needed to be able to "sneak up" on some one for the assassinate or sneak way to the flag then of course be unable to use till flag was dropped or returned.....i think a good way to "nerf" this ability would be just to add a reasonable cool down timer (for pvp only) and increase the sneaking toons chance to be seen more within the oppenates front facing line of sight and make the lighting in the map increase the visabity way more than it is in normal dungeons making you have to stick more to the shadowie areas of the map any more major changes or nerfing would deaden the skill to much to make it effective for a assassin and the assassinate abilty

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kawai View Post
    So lets say they heed the demand.
    Im for it. Lets say they fix the Rogues sneak in pvp...
    You enter the arena...
    A Ranger with High Spot riddles you to shredz from across the room.
    Then, we're right back here reading more pvp complaints about nerfing Rangers...
    ...and so it will go on and on and on and on.
    Bottomline: PVP is a niche thing that is nice to have, Its good to get a feel of how well your toon can do against others, but in the end, someone will ALWAYS have your flavor of Kryptonite in thier pocket.
    With sneak and even Inviz being damaged as they are, they can only give us so much.

    -Tarelyn -Achillesia, Thelanis
    id rather be destroyed by someone who had the spot that go into pvp and have a tank with 2 spot see me and destroy me or any toon with 2 spot i kno there will be the weakness there but id rather have a ability with a few weaknesses than no ability at all

  10. #10

    Default

    Why is this even a topic? Any player worth his salt would have a heavy fortification item, negating sneak attack damage.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

    "Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Why is this even a topic? Any player worth his salt would have a heavy fortification item, negating sneak attack damage.
    because if all you have is 100% fort when your going up against a assassin build that turns in to a min of 75% because of the assassins -25% fort to "oppenate" skill not to mention any other fort reducing items the rogues oppenate could be using....any player worth his salt would know bout the rogues -25% to fort.....
    Last edited by mdgiest2314; 05-09-2012 at 12:03 PM.

  12. #12
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdgiest2314 View Post
    because if all you have is 100% fort when your going up against a assassin build that turns in to a min of 75% because of the assassins -25% fort to "oppenate" skill not to mention any other fort reducing items the rogues oppenate could be using....any player worth his salt would know bout the rogues -25% to fort.....
    You mean the 10% from Opportunist feat?
    It's definitely an N-word.

  13. #13
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Even if they did 'fix' this, deathblock and heavy fort would still make sneak attack and assassinate useless, most of the time.

  14. #14
    Community Member count_spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Not to mention assissinate is fortitude save nothing to do with fort. Although not sure.if deathblock or death ward negates. But I agree rogues should get full use of their abilities. If someone has high spot and listen than ok they deserve to syop sneak.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    You mean the 10% from Opportunist feat?
    i had forgotten about opportunist i was refering to the use of the precision feat that some "PURE assassins" will take for use with rogues built in vorpals so the precision and opportunist would be 35% if they stack not sure on that...

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Illinois
    Posts
    54

    Default

    and at the same time sure it would be able to block but what else does a assassin build have he does 3 things sneak and assassinate disarm traps and dps BUT ONLY IF SNEAK ATTACKING IT IS EFFECTIVE and you cant diplo a player and if your going toe toe sneak attacks are pretty much out so with current pvp workings assassin build rogues HAVE NOTHING but meehh dps if they get luck im just saying gotta give us something

  17. #17
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Assassinate is negated by deathblock/ward, and rogues can usually only negate 20% fort with opportunist and armor piercing weapons (e.g. Evenomed Blade). You could also include Destruction weapons.

    But sneaking in brawl would give me a whole new way to mess with people. I would support that. Note that getting +70 sneak skill isn't very hard.

  18. #18
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    It's very easy to get to 125% fort, and most melee have it already, while most Wizards are around 200% fort and Divines use Death Block.

    But as it has already been said, Sneaking in every PvP game I have played is either OPed or Junk. In DDO, it's Junk. Life goes on.

  19. #19
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdgiest2314 View Post
    i had forgotten about opportunist i was refering to the use of the precision feat that some "PURE assassins" will take for use with rogues built in vorpals so the precision and opportunist would be 35% if they stack not sure on that...
    Who on Earth would take Precision?? I mean, it'll literally cut your DPS in half...
    It's definitely an N-word.

  20. #20
    Community Member Mastikator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    But sneaking in brawl would give me a whole new way to mess with people. I would support that. Note that getting +70 sneak skill isn't very hard.
    The fun part is that even with this Rogues would still be one of the weakest class in PVP.
    High str melees can still trip + kill quickly, rangers can still many-shot/imbue death, monks get either kukan-do/tomb of jade or touch of death. Don't even get me started on the blue bars.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

    (Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload