Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79
  1. #41
    Community Member Sarisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruell View Post
    Patrof with Valsu, right?
    That's the biggest one. Some of the others end up with stats 3-6x what yours are if you level too high, which while winnable, are near impossible with some parties.

    Mystic Ark has the same encounter and battle system.

  2. #42
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post
    ...
    Original Baldur's Gate
    ...
    And even if you HAVE played the original, try the TuTu mod - if you have BG II, you can use this mod to run the OLD game under the newer engine. It's a WHOLE new game then, believe it or not.

  3. #43
    Community Member Maxallu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Folder Move

  4. #44
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    SNES. 7th Saga has some horrible balancing issues though, due to them nerfing stat gains for player characters but NOT for the other non-player characters when it was translated for the US/CA market. That makes it impossible to complete if you reach a certain level and one of a few characters are the randomly chosen "traitor".

    The "spiritual" sequel Mystic Ark isn't a bad option if you haven't already played it (fan translation available).
    Indeed it did...played through it a few weeks ago, had almost forgotten how brutal it was but it all came back to me when one of the other apprentices challenged me to a fight =/

    I think I tried to get Mystic Ark a long time ago but I could never get the game to work, it wouldn't even start up. Might give it a try again once I'm done with ToP.

    And Kages...if you're wondering what my likes are well...here's what I've played.

    A wild list appears! (And I probably forgot some...)

    NES:
    Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Heroes of the Lance
    Adventure Island 1-2-3
    Arkanoid
    Bionic Commando
    Castlevania 1-2-3
    Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
    Contra and Super C
    Crystalis
    Dragon Warrior 1-2-3-4
    Duck Tales
    Final Fantasy 1-2-3
    Gauntlet
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mighty Final Fight
    Ninja Gaiden 1-2-3
    Punch Out
    River City Ransom
    Rockman 1-2-3-4-5-6
    StarTropics 1-2
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-2-3
    The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link


    SNES:
    7th Saga
    ActRaiser
    AD&D - Eye of the Beholder
    Alcahest
    Bahamut Lagoon
    Brain Lord
    Breath of Fire 1-2
    Cannon Fodder
    Castlevania IV and Dracula X
    Chrono Trigger
    Contra III
    Donkey Kong Country 1-2-3
    Dungeon Master
    E.V.O The Search for Eden
    Earthbound
    Earthworm Jim 1-2
    Final Fantasy 4-5-6-Mystic Quest
    Final Fight 1-2-3
    Front Mission
    Illusion of Gaia
    JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
    King of Dragons
    Kirby Superstar
    Knights of the Round
    Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
    Lemmings
    Live A Live
    Lost Vikings 1-2
    Lufia 1-2
    Mega Man VII-X-X2-X3-Rockman & Forte
    Metal Warriors
    Ogre Battle
    Paladin's Quest
    R-Type III - The Third Lightning
    Secret of Mana
    Secret of Evermore
    Seiken Densetsu III
    Secret of the Stars
    Sim City
    Soul Blazer
    Star Ocean
    Sunset Riders
    Super Adventure Island 1-2
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario RPG
    Super Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Super Punch-Out
    Super Smash TV
    Super Street Fighter 2
    Tales of Phantasia
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV
    Terranigma
    Tetris Attack
    True Lies
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Zombies Ate my Neighbors


    Genesis:
    Beavis and Butt-Head
    Castlevania - Bloodlines
    Comix Zone
    Contra - Hard Corps
    ECCO...okay that one is a joke
    Gunstar Heroes
    Phantasy Star 1-2-3-4
    Ristar
    Rocket Knight Adventures
    Shadowrun
    Shining Force 1-2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1-2-3
    Splatterhouse 2
    Streets of Rage 1-2-3
    Strider
    The Ooze
    Vectorman


    PS1:
    Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy VII-VIII-IX-Tactics
    Front Mission 3
    Legend of Dragoon
    Legend of Legaia
    Legend of Mana
    Metal Gear Solid
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Tales of Destiny
    Valkyrie Profile
    Xenogears


    PS2:
    Final Fantasy X-X2-XII
    Front Mission 4
    God of War 1-2
    Metal Gear Solid - Snake Eater
    Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
    Street Fighter - Third Strike
    Xenosaga 1-2-3


    PC:
    Age of Empires 1-2
    Baldur's Gate 1-2 + expansions
    Deux Ex + Invisible War + Human Revolution
    Diablo 1-2 + expansions
    Dragon Age
    Half-Life 2 - Episode 1 - Episode 2
    Heroes of Might and Magic III + expansions
    Icewind Dale 1-2 + expansions
    Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny
    Lineage II
    Mass Effect 1-2-3
    Neverwinter Nights 1-2 + expansions
    Portal
    Ragnarok Online
    Starcraft
    Unreal Tournament (original)
    Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption
    Warcraft 2-3
    Last edited by Ilindith; 05-17-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  5. #45
    Community Member CheeseMilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    I'd recommend the old Sierra adventure series; King's Quest, Space Quest and Heroes' Quest (later Quest for Glory).

    That's what I grew up playing (in glorious VGA!), and I seem to like most of the games you do.

    Not sure where to find them, though.

  6. #46
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    A list?
    Why there's no KOTOR there?

  7. #47
    Community Member Sarisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    I remember having to either strip or add the header to get the Mystic Ark patch to function.

  8. #48
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    I remember having to either strip or add the header to get the Mystic Ark patch to function.
    Just looked it up and found the patch. Says it requires a headerless, de-interleaved version of CRC32 value FEB80589. I should get it working quite easily with that info
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  9. #49
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    You know nothing about rpg videogames if you never played shining force.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    You know nothing about rpg videogames if you never played shining force.
    There's some history there, that's for sure.

    The Super Robot Taisen/Wars series used a similar gameplay format -- the Original Generation titles are (relatively speaking) recent and pretty accessible.

  11. #51
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    you
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Indeed it did...played through it a few weeks ago, had almost forgotten how brutal it was but it all came back to me when one of the other apprentices challenged me to a fight =/

    I think I tried to get Mystic Ark a long time ago but I could never get the game to work, it wouldn't even start up. Might give it a try again once I'm done with ToP.

    And Kages...if you're wondering what my likes are well...here's what I've played.

    A wild list appears! (And I probably forgot some...)

    NES:
    Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Heroes of the Lance
    Adventure Island 1-2-3
    Arkanoid
    Bionic Commando
    Castlevania 1-2-3
    Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
    Contra and Super C
    Crystalis
    Dragon Warrior 1-2-3-4
    Duck Tales
    Final Fantasy 1-2-3
    Gauntlet
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mighty Final Fight
    Ninja Gaiden 1-2-3
    Punch Out
    River City Ransom
    Rockman 1-2-3-4-5-6
    StarTropics 1-2
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-2-3
    The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link


    SNES:
    7th Saga
    ActRaiser
    AD&D - Eye of the Beholder
    Alcahest
    Bahamut Lagoon
    Brain Lord
    Breath of Fire 1-2
    Cannon Fodder
    Castlevania IV and Dracula X
    Chrono Trigger
    Contra III
    Donkey Kong Country 1-2-3
    Dungeon Master
    E.V.O The Search for Eden
    Earthbound
    Earthworm Jim 1-2
    Final Fantasy 4-5-6-Mystic Quest
    Final Fight 1-2-3
    Front Mission
    Illusion of Gaia
    JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings
    King of Dragons
    Kirby Superstar
    Knights of the Round
    Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
    Lemmings
    Live A Live
    Lost Vikings 1-2
    Lufia 1-2
    Mega Man VII-X-X2-X3-Rockman & Forte
    Metal Warriors
    Ogre Battle
    Paladin's Quest
    R-Type III - The Third Lightning
    Secret of Mana
    Secret of Evermore
    Seiken Densetsu III
    Secret of the Stars
    Sim City
    Soul Blazer
    Star Ocean
    Sunset Riders
    Super Adventure Island 1-2
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario RPG
    Super Mario World
    Super Metroid
    Super Punch-Out
    Super Smash TV
    Super Street Fighter 2
    Tales of Phantasia
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV
    Tetris Attack
    True Lies
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Zombies Ate my Neighbors


    Genesis:
    Beavis and Butt-Head
    Castlevania - Bloodlines
    Comix Zone
    Contra - Hard Corps
    ECCO...okay that one is a joke
    Gunstar Heroes
    Phantasy Star 1-2-3-4
    Ristar
    Rocket Knight Adventures
    Shadowrun
    Shining Force 1-2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1-2-3
    Splatterhouse 2
    Streets of Rage 1-2-3
    Strider
    The Ooze
    Vectorman


    PS1:
    Castlevania - Symphony of the Night
    Chrono Cross
    Final Fantasy VII-VIII-IX-Tactics
    Front Mission 3
    Legend of Dragoon
    Legend of Legaia
    Legend of Mana
    Metal Gear Solid
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Tales of Destiny
    Valkyrie Profile
    Xenogears


    PS2:
    Final Fantasy X-X2-XII
    Front Mission 4
    God of War 1-2
    Metal Gear Solid - Snake Eater
    Star Ocean - Till the End of Time
    Street Fighter - Third Strike
    Xenosaga 1-2-3


    PC:
    Age of Empires 1-2
    Baldur's Gate 1-2 + expansions
    Deux Ex + Invisible War + Human Revolution
    Diablo 1-2 + expansions
    Dragon Age
    Half-Life 2 - Episode 1 - Episode 2
    Heroes of Might and Magic III + expansions
    Icewind Dale 1-2 + expansions
    Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny
    Lineage II
    Mass Effect 1-2-3
    Neverwinter Nights 1-2 + expansions
    Portal
    Ragnarok Online
    Starcraft
    Unreal Tournament (original)
    Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption
    Warcraft 2-3
    I dont know what is worse, the fact that I own/still play most everything listed there, or the fact that that list is long enough to make me sad at all the hours I have spent playing video games throughout my lifetime. I think I need a hug.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

  12. #52
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kages View Post
    I dont know what is worse, the fact that I own/still play most everything listed there, or the fact that that list is long enough to make me sad at all the hours I have spent playing video games throughout my lifetime. I think I need a hug.
    Hours well spent!
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  13. #53
    Founder SilverSong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lacey, Washington
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Dungeon Siege?

  14. #54
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Alright so, up to now...that's what I'm planning to play (or play again). Should keep me occupied for some time.

    //todo
    Tales of Phantasia
    Portal 2
    Mystic Ark
    Hard Reset
    Valkyrie Profile
    Breath of Fire III
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  15. #55
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,906

    Default

    Blood bowl

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  16. #56
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Thank you for the suggestions everyone.
    Last edited by Ilindith; 05-21-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    353

    Default

    snes ogre battle march of the black queen its an awesome war game with strong rpg elements. oh you have played it nvm thats a nice list btw

  18. #58
    Community Member Sarisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    Treasure of the Rudras (Rudra no Hihou) is another late-era SNES RPG that's worth at least one playthrough. It also has one of the best spell systems I've seen, since you "make your own spells" out of combining prefixes and suffixes with an elemental word to change effects (like making it a ward instead of an attack spell, strengthening or weakening, or applying status effects (like casting a really weak wind spell to Float your group)).

    Didn't see Terranigma (SNES) on your list, but that is well worth several plays.

    For the NES, ones you didn't list that I still pull out and play once in a while:
    Castelian
    Arkista's Ring

  19. #59
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Genesis:
    Shining Force 1-2
    There's a third chapter more than worth playing. Sega Saturn the machine.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  20. #60
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    Treasure of the Rudras (Rudra no Hihou) is another late-era SNES RPG that's worth at least one playthrough. It also has one of the best spell systems I've seen, since you "make your own spells" out of combining prefixes and suffixes with an elemental word to change effects (like making it a ward instead of an attack spell, strengthening or weakening, or applying status effects (like casting a really weak wind spell to Float your group)).

    Didn't see Terranigma (SNES) on your list, but that is well worth several plays.

    For the NES, ones you didn't list that I still pull out and play once in a while:
    Castelian
    Arkista's Ring
    I've played Terranigma a few times, don't know how I forgot that one on the list.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload