Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Suggestion: MyDDO

Can we have one of those from whomever is in charge of MyDDO? MadFloyd's "Lets Talk" series has been informative and I feel it would be helpful here. I like the idea behind MyDDO, and I believe the concept is sound. It has been in Beta (broken) for quite awhile now. Could we possibly get an update on future plans, fixes in the works, and any other things that may be important? Turbine has been fairly closed lipped on this feature.

Again, I like MyDDO. I would just like to see it working more reliably. I would also like to know if anything is in the works, or has it been abandoned.

I'd love to see it either working correctly, or scrapped entirely.

It could be an exceptionally handy tool if it worked right.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

They should scrap it entirely.

Failing that, they should make all characters default to 'anonymous'.

It's a useless piece of garbage, and people use it to deny others to their group, based on faulty information.

But really, just scrap it. It's broken. Make it go away.

I gave up on MyDDO when I realized it'd never be out of beta.
    In this case "beta" standing for "broken eternally, tremendous apathy".
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

A couple of my characters are broken in MyDDO, so I understand frustration with that, but I have never been denied because of MyDDO. I do not want it scrapped because I play the lotteries like an asthmatic, 80 year old lady plays Bingo. DO NOT TAKE MAH LOTTERIES.

what are the chances of us getting something working perfectly when the main game isn't?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Default Psa

I think they should do a "Lets Talk: About making fake Lets Talk threads."

Quote Originally Posted by Therrias View Post
    I think they should do a "Lets Talk: About making fake Lets Talk threads."
    I put it in suggestions.

Misleading Title Detected!

I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Default Thought that was you...

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Can we have one of those from whomever is in charge of MyDDO? MadFloyd's "Lets Talk" series has been informative and I feel it would be helpful here. I like the idea behind MyDDO, and I believe the concept is sound. It has been in Beta (broken) for quite awhile now. Could we possibly get an update on future plans, fixes in the works, and any other things that may be important? Turbine has been fairly closed lipped on this feature.

Again, I like MyDDO. I would just like to see it working more reliably. I would also like to know if anything is in the works, or has it been abandoned.
    and I believe the other perp was one of Epochs farming Shadow Crypt a day ago or so with Ketz and a guildy of mine. Great fun zerg farmin that with yall.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

I, for the first time, started enjoying blogging, when I started blogging on myddo. But my admin is broken atm. It gives me "page not found" error.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    My characters: Micki's Delirium\Characters
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien

Quote Originally Posted by Feralthyrtiaq View Post
    and I believe the other perp was one of Epochs farming Shadow Crypt a day ago or so with Ketz and a guildy of mine. Great fun zerg farmin that with yall.

Glad you enjoyed it. Doing a Elite Von 5 tonight if you guys didn't level past 12 yet.

An Llolth said:

"Thou shalt not start 'Let's Talk' threads"...

A couple of my characters are broken in MyDDO, so I understand frustration with that, but I have never been denied because of MyDDO. I do not want it scrapped because I play the lotteries like an asthmatic, 80 year old lady plays Bingo. DO NOT TAKE MAH LOTTERIES.
    Hell yeah lotteries!!

All my toons update EXCEPT my paladin, who hasn't been updated in over a year. Back then his gear was total $hite and I am sure people have done the MyDDO thing to him.

Paladins have it bad enough without all this "help", at least he had his eSoS back then I guess.
    Currently playing: Bistraya & Keran

Quote Originally Posted by Infant View Post
    An Llolth said:

"Thou shalt not start 'Let's Talk' threads"...
    I asked them to update the thread title. I didn't know so many people thought I was a dev, and/or they would post "Lets Talk" threads in "Suggestions".

I asked them to update the thread title. I didn't know so many people thought I was a dev, and/or they would post "Lets Talk" threads in "Suggestions".
    Her wrath will be terrible...

Community Member

It is WordPress based, therein lies the problem. If it were me I would look at basing a replacement on smCore when it is ready, or better yet the proven vBulletin (publishing suite version) as that is the forums software already in use here.
    Last edited by DynaBonk; 05-07-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: grammar

So the take-away here is that stainer is a Dev, and likes to post in Suggestions, yes?

The whole mishmash of web application is in dire need of an overhaul, to something more able to handle the wide array of requirements, like Drupal.

IF they really don't plan to do anything with the web apps as an alternative I would like to request an API that would let us make third party applications.

There are third party apps right now but they are all made by scraping myddo and therefore dependant on myddo.

I'd like to see an XML feed that would would allow us to fetch information directly from the well-sanitized and carefully security hardened source.

• I'd love to be able to create live feeds of the current LFM's by server.
    • Query a character and get all the info currently seen on MyDDO.
    • Query with a secure login parameter and see all the information on all my toons, on any server including what they have in their inventory and banks. Not to mention raid timers or quests completed.

The DDOViewer tool does a very good job with what it can access through screen grabs, but is only as good as the source.

The tool that requires you to screenshot everything in your inventory looks to solve a real problem of keeping track of inventory, but the solution takes more time than most people have to invest.

If Turbine does not want to officially support these things, an XML API would spark a lot of awesome and creative tools that they do not have to be responsible for.

Even Microsoft offers an API....
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    They should scrap it entirely.

Failing that, they should make all characters default to 'anonymous'.

It's a useless piece of garbage, and people use it to deny others to their group, based on faulty information.

But really, just scrap it. It's broken. Make it go away.
    But what about those of us who DONT use it to deny people and actually use it as a blooging tool? I never use it to look up other peoples characters. I have no reason to. But also, MyDDO is a good way of meeting other players. At least, thats all what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    I think the problem is that, as an inexperienced trapper, you used far to much C4 to disable the trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izumar View Post
    There's that moment when you learn not to stand next to the guy doing the trap. For your group mate it was this moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast