Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mrjosom View Post
    As officer of my guild a few days ago a guildy member reported to me that a really bad thing happened during an Epic Devil Assault.
    this is what happened: they were in a party during the quest and as healer there was a famous(but noob)FVS who during the last boss he/she didn't ress anybody, looted all the chests and then recalled out.
    What seems to be missing here is the reason why the FvS decided the party was better off as soulstones. Care to elaborate?
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Black list em if you have to - but scampering to the forums to spread their name around, even if by PM, makes you little/no better.
    Too bad that's quite the regular behaviour on the forums when someone "troll" you ingame... not saying this is the case... but i am saying forums has always been used to avoid bad players and help one's server friends avoiding bad players attitude.

Now if that has become a bad attitude, well, your opinions is respectable. Just like anyone's else i guess.

Anyway, be aware that forum policy is changed recently and does not even allow pm requests to name people.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoala View Post
    This does not seem like a very good standard to live by. Are you saying that any time a group does poorly the healer is required to drink as many pots as it takes to save them?

It is up to a healer to decide when it is no longer worth drinking pots, especially when there is no guarantee of success or even of being compensated for the pots drank.
    I have a set number of pots that vary depending on what raid it is that I am willing to drink on my cleric and after that people can start giving me theirs or DIE....Of course sometimes I forget to heal them and they die anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Not understanding you makes them lucky, lucky people.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Anyway, be aware that forum policy is changed recently and does not even allow pm requests to name people.
    Negative...You can PM the poster and request the name and there is nothing the mods can do about that.

You however cannot ask for the name in a post or say PM me for the name if you were the OP.

I'm kind of an expert on walking the line over here. Although I tend to cross it more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
    I don't have a divine that's at 20 yet, but I have a caster that runs EDA often. ive teleported out in the middle of an EDA run because the group wasn't good enough.
    EDA group is as good as their caster, if I had to teleport out in the middle of an EDA run that would be my failure.

Also, healers aren't always right, if the group from OP made it to the last boss they couldn't have been too bad. And I've seen situation where divines got relaxed on 5th wave and used most of their sp destructing trash not taking into consideration that boss the battle might take a while. Not saying that was the case but assumptions can go both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
    So the group was horrible, the fvs saw it was horrible, saw a wipe coming (or the fvs drinking a lot of pots, which they may or may not have on that character) went and looted the chests that had already spawned, then recalled out prior to the last boss being beaten?

I don't see an issue with this.

I don't have a divine that's at 20 yet, but I have a caster that runs EDA often. ive teleported out in the middle of an EDA run because the group wasn't good enough.
    The known offenders of teleporting out in the middle of runs toss up LFMs from time to time on the servers I play on. My imagination conjures up crickets chirping each time I see one. Its even more hilarious when the LFM is still up 45 minutes later and no one has joined, but other groups for the same content have gone up, filled, and completed since then.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    Negative...You can PM the poster and request the name and there is nothing the mods can do about that.

You however cannot ask for the name in a post or say PM me for the name if you were the OP.

I'm kind of an expert on walking the line over here. Although I tend to cross it more often then not.
    Conjecture.

Of course we dont see the negative consequences of those violations, as they are protected under the rule of fight club, so we assume there are none.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Conjecture.

Of course we dont see the negative consequences of those violations, as they are protected under the rule of fight club, so we assume there are none.
    There are also other resources that people can use to retrieve information if they are inclined and daring enough to use them.

A couple comments here

• What was the goal of calling out said FvS on the forums on behalf of your Guild Mate - You don't have to be an officer to rectify an issue between players - you need to have a level head.
    • If put in the same position as this FvS - What choice would you have made?
    • You know the name of the FvS and you show no indication that you attempted to rectify the issue in a personal conversation.

Mind you that not everyone is Lawful good by nature, standing their ground and fighting to the last HP. Some will cut their losses and take flight.

Of all the parties here, it does not appear anyone was actually there when it happened and thus will never know the full story, easy to say someone did something wrong, hard to prove that there was any other course of action available. Would Raising anyone actually of helped. Be honest here, if the room was full of 10 swarming Epic Mobs, could the person that was raised stay alive long enough with minimal support while said FvS patched up the rest of the group?

What we do know is, if the FvS did not loot the chests and instead died with everyone else, we would not have a story. Or if they Soloed and killed the end boss - we still wouldn't have a story because a res shrine would appear and everyone gets loot.

If your guild mate truly feels wronged, then tell them to put on their big boy/girl pants and ask the FvS Why? Why didn't they go down with the rest of the group? Why did they loot and run? From these answers we can than determine if any malicious act was actually done or if it was a simple cut losses and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    A couple comments here

• What was the goal of calling out said FvS on the forums on behalf of your Guild Mate - You don't have to be an officer to rectify an issue between players - you need to have a level head.
    • If put in the same position as this FvS - What choice would you have made?
    • You know the name of the FvS and you show no indication that you attempted to rectify the issue in a personal conversation.

Mind you that not everyone is Lawful good by nature, standing their ground and fighting to the last HP. Some will cut their losses and take flight.

Of all the parties here, it does not appear anyone was actually there when it happened and thus will never know the full story, easy to say someone did something wrong, hard to prove that there was any other course of action available. Would Raising anyone actually of helped. Be honest here, if the room was full of 10 swarming Epic Mobs, could the person that was raised stay alive long enough with minimal support while said FvS patched up the rest of the group?

What we do know is, if the FvS did not loot the chests and instead died with everyone else, we would not have a story. Or if they Soloed and killed the end boss - we still wouldn't have a story because a res shrine would appear and everyone gets loot.

If your guild mate truly feels wronged, then tell them to put on their big boy/girl pants and ask the FvS Why? Why didn't they go down with the rest of the group? Why did they loot and run? From these answers we can than determine if any malicious act was actually done or if it was a simple cut losses and get out.
    Yes but if people acted reasonably we wouldn't have drama on the Khyber forums.

Are you trying to get rid of drama on the Khyber forums?

Be carefull how you answer; as you can see I have already formed a mob.

LoL, there is only one answer for this {looks in pack for teleport scroll}.

I just wish people would actually stop believing everyone is out to wrong them first. But I guess I just have all of history filled with Lawful Evil people to thank for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Conjecture.

Wrong. Diggs is an authority on infractions. If he says there's a a thin line, there is. Also, I am quite confident he knows where that thin line is.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by thwart View Post
    maybe he is infamous ... just like El Guapo. He's not just famous, he's infamous.
    Just unfair. I bet he looted a plethora of pinatas.

Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    Are you trying to get rid of drama on the Khyber forums?
    Please don't, I've so few to look up to as it is.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12