Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

Default I wish we got auto-declined after a while

See a chrono not even half full, and try to join. Doesn't say picky or anything, just 'echrono' with all classes lit.

I wait a minute or so with no response, then I get a tell from the leader asking if I can tank. I tell him I'm not an AC tank, but I can serve as a high-hp high-heal-amp tank.

I get no response for a long while.

(Tell): You tell **********, 'ok it's been like 5 minutes, would you mind hitting accept or decline so I can get on to other things?'
    (Tell): You tell **********, 'I don't mean to be rude but I don't like being treated rudely, surely you understand '

Never got a response from those tells either. He probably did both of us a favor and squelched me immediately after.

But MAN do I run into this situation way too often. People need to grow a social backbone and realize that hitting the decline button isn't rude. NOT hitting it is.

It'd be kind of nice if we got auto-declined after a couple minutes. This would give party leaders more of a push to actually make their decisions. Granted its just asking for a program to fix a human interaction error, but it would still be nice.

I'd prefer the option to cancel/withdraw my join request.

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

That would also be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhanti View Post
    I'd prefer the option to cancel/withdraw my join request.
    I like this idea
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

If I'm not mistaken, if you send someone a party invite they have a minute or two to accept or decline or it goes away.

I think it would be a good idea to do that with join requests as well. If I send a request to join the leader has two minutes to accept or decline. If they do nothing the request disappears. At that point I can resubmit it or just move on.

It annoys me when the leader doesn't bother to respond and then, half an hour later, when I am in another group, the leader finally gets around to accepting me only to find I'm in a group, so he starts sending me nasty tells asking why I am griefing him.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

/signed on the cancel / withdraw join request.

My favourite is when you've given up and are halfway through a solo challenge or something and suddenly ping you're in a group. Nope, I'm not going to be recalling out until I'm done. Unless it said you were afk on the lfm panel, be less tardy next time

I generally pop the kitty n a level 20 to prevent thus but still, annoying.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

I have had people accept me literally HOURS after I click the lfm after wiping a trillion billion times...
    If you are reading this, that probably means I am broadcasting live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ZonixxTV

LOL

My posts deleted? What was wrong with those? There must be a logic explanation...
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Niv-mizzet View Post
    See a chrono not even half full, and try to join. Doesn't say picky or anything, just 'echrono' with all classes lit.

I wait a minute or so with no response, then I get a tell from the leader asking if I can tank. I tell him I'm not an AC tank, but I can serve as a high-hp high-heal-amp tank.

I get no response for a long while.

(Tell): You tell **********, 'ok it's been like 5 minutes, would you mind hitting accept or decline so I can get on to other things?'
    (Tell): You tell **********, 'I don't mean to be rude but I don't like being treated rudely, surely you understand '

Never got a response from those tells either. He probably did both of us a favor and squelched me immediately after.

But MAN do I run into this situation way too often. People need to grow a social backbone and realize that hitting the decline button isn't rude. NOT hitting it is.

It'd be kind of nice if we got auto-declined after a couple minutes. This would give party leaders more of a push to actually make their decisions. Granted its just asking for a program to fix a human interaction error, but it would still be nice.
    In this case its maybe because u mentioned AC tank in epic chrono...dont think AC under 100 will help there so maybe he thought u were a noob to chrono...then just ignored u(which is not squelched)
    Rittz, Lesliea, Reze, Serravee, Eclare

ya i get annoyed pretty fast myself with no response after about 3-4 mins i pop into a zone and pop a hire to cancel out the request

Quote Originally Posted by ReveredCat View Post

In this case its maybe because u mentioned AC tank in epic chrono...dont think AC under 100 will help there so maybe he thought u were a noob to chrono...then just ignored u(which is not squelched)
    It sounds like you missed the point of the thread. Unless, of course, you're the leader of the party in question, and are just trying to tell your side of the story?

Really, though, the point of the thread was to illustrate the need for the ability to withdraw a request to join a party (automtically).

The good news is that there's really no need to do so. Once you place a request to join, you are free to do whatever you want - including requesting to join a different party! There have been many times that I received the "Your request has been declined because the party is full" message long after I'd joined another group and had completely forgotten about the first one.

I do agree that ignoring requests is rude, but there's not much point of trying to stem the tide.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

Have to agree, this would be nice. When i apply to a group knowing one way or the other up front is best, if the leader is afk 5 minutes or whatever an auto decline would be nice. If group fills for whatever reason (or they have a spot saved without posting it in LFM) i can just get on with forming my own group for the quest if that's what i want to run then.